PDA

View Full Version : Susie plugins

Omgwtflolzz
2006-11-17, 00:40
Any idea where to find plugins for Minori (especially Haru no Ashioto), Circus and Age stuff?

Key and Leaf ones are all over the place but I can't find a single Minori/Circus/Age one. :/

zalas
2006-11-17, 11:21
I think the Minori archives, (at least the new ones), are encrypted using Blowfish or something. As for Circus, I think you can still find the .CRX plugins floating around somewhere on the 'net.

rednaxela
2006-11-28, 03:09
Indeed monori's games after the retail version of Haru no ashioto is encrypted with Blowfish, but in a slightly varied form. I've just finished work on ef - the first tale./Trial Version's cracking, and found that they hardcoded the key to the Blowfish algorithm within the exe, while the algorithm itself is tweaked a lttle, that the every byte of the key is negated before it's used in a standard Blowfish. I don't think it's a good idea to look for plug-ins that supports minori's games after (including) Haru no ashioto, because there just ain't one. Every time the key changes.

Unregistered
2006-11-28, 06:09
> they hardcoded the key to the Blowfish algorithm within the exe

Can someone please enlighten me on what could possess any programmer to do this? I'm not convinced they don't understand the implications, presuming they aren't just a trained monkey.

I can understand if they just want to raise the barrier to entry a little bit, but if that was the case why bother with $high_strength_crypto algorithm? @_@

Guru
2006-11-28, 06:19
Maybe this site (http://hakrz1.no-ip.com/files/index.php?ln=en) can help you...but not guaranteed.

zalas
2006-11-28, 15:23
> they hardcoded the key to the Blowfish algorithm within the exe

Can someone please enlighten me on what could possess any programmer to do this? I'm not convinced they don't understand the implications, presuming they aren't just a trained monkey.

I can understand if they just want to raise the barrier to entry a little bit, but if that was the case why bother with $high_strength_crypto algorithm? @_@
At least that high strength crypto algorithm was ready made. Other companies like to invent their own (flawed) crypto algorithms, well at least the RNG parts, since most of them end up using a simple xor for the actual cipher part.

rednaxela
2006-11-29, 04:24
I'd rather believe it's that the engine was designed to work this way. Minori's game engine, currently Musica 1.4.1, needs a part of new C++ code for every new project. My guess is that the key is set as a constant within this new part of code, so that it actually ends up in the exe file. Nevertheless, it's easy to crack.

As for Circus, the resource files of their games aren't packed into archives. Rather, they're scattered around, in custom formats such as CRX for graphics and partly_encrypted MES for script. Oh, man, it sure is harder to work on when custom file formats are used...the newest Susie plugin for CRXG dates to 2003...

roxfan
2006-11-29, 11:33
Actually, in Mai-HiME Circus started to pack the pictures into .PCK archives (not all of them though).

Rasqual Twilight
2006-11-30, 16:06
At least that high strength crypto algorithm was ready made. Other companies like to invent their own (flawed) crypto algorithms, well at least the RNG parts, since most of them end up using a simple xor for the actual cipher part.

That's true, but consider the fact crypto algorithms (and some compression schemes) are easily identifiable by lurking in the exe and looking for common predefined constants (http://www.hexblog.com/2006/01/findcrypt.html). Those custom mish-mash methods you cited are called security through obscurity...

Haeleth
2006-12-01, 11:42
Well, you have to bear in mind that any game assets can be extracted pretty easily whatever you do. When I hacked planetarian for insani, I was able to extract all the relevant data and rebuild a translated game without ever finding out anything whatsoever about how the game's DRM and encryption worked. :)

Given that simple fact, it would seem that the purpose of any kind of obfuscation in game terms can only be as a message to cheats ("we would prefer you gained access to these CGs by playing the game the way it was intended to be played, not by ripping them from the archive"), and, I suppose, as a way to delay the inevitable uploading of CG sets and the like to the internet.