PDA

View Full Version : Air Voice Patch

Weave
2006-09-23, 12:22
Ok, I got the voice patch but it doesn't seem to work. In fact, it kills my installation of Air; whenever I try to play it, it just outright dies.

What am I doing wrong?

Haeleth
2006-09-23, 13:29
IIRC, it only works with the all-age version and the first pressing of the adult version; the adult version's script was extensively revised in subsequent releases, and I don't think the voice patch was ever updated to match.

cyborg_alberto
2006-09-23, 14:55
IIRC, it only works with the all-age version and the first pressing of the adult version

Just for curiosity, but what you mean with "first pressing of the Adult Version?
Could be the "Demo" version (As I could see in the _inmm.dll Key games list (http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2313/key3qj.jpg))?

I though we have ONLY ONE Air Adult only version for PCs (the one with two CDs and a true sin for <strike>[CEN-SOU-RED! P2P Related!]</strike>)...

Haeleth
2006-09-23, 15:25
All Key games are released in two stages: first a limited-edition version with extras like a soundtrack CD, then when that sells out, a regular edition with different packaging and no extras.

Normally the game itself is identical, but in the case of AIR, the script was revised after the limited edition was released.

cyborg_alberto
2006-09-23, 17:23
Something like the fact we have Kanon in CD and the Kanon Standart Version in DVD, right?

EDIT1: And that's the same reason we can add the voices in the Kanon CD but NOT in Kanon Standart, right?

Oh man, I ask too much! T-T

Hmp! Seems strange for me... But what I can do about?
"Nothing" is the answer. ^^