PDA

View Full Version : Kira -Snowdrop- mp3

DragonOfLore
2006-09-11, 19:03
Not really a serious issue... but i suppose it falls under technical? ^^;;

Does anyone know why some of the mp3s from Snowdrop seem corrupt? Ones like epilogue.mp3 and mi.mp3 seem to work fine when i run them through mixers and mp3 programs while others dont :(

The one im focused on is ed.mp3. Oddly enough when i listened to it i thought "this would make a kickass song for ddr. When i put it into bpm finders nothing can be made out. When i run the song in stepmania (ddr emu) the file skips... anyone know whats wrong?

Even more spiffy: could anyone help me find a ed.mp3 that doesnt seem to be broken? :D i hope there are no copywrite issues since it came with freeware:x

Roto
2006-09-11, 19:22
For some reason, it's been digitized at 32 kHz instead of the 44.1 kHz that's standard for CD-quality digital audio. The players you're trying to use it with probably aren't intended to handle anything other than 44.1 kHz.

Converting it to uncompressed audio (WAV or similar,) resampling to 44.1 kHz, and re-encoding back to MP3 (or whatever you want) should get it playing in the software you mention. There will be a slight loss of quality.

Edit: I resampled the audio and it seems to play okay in Stepmania. If you want, I can send you the resampled file.

DragonOfLore
2006-09-12, 08:04
Ohhhhh nifty :)

I would greatly appreciate that if you could send me the resampled file, and thank you for your help ^_^

I never did know anything about kHz and whatnot for audio =/