PDA

View Full Version : Kana on torrent O.o

Ayato
2006-09-09, 09:47
I was looking for ah my goddess on torrentspy, and then i found Kana ~little sister~
So I thought "Woot! Must try!" and downloaded it...
After 2 days, it finally finished! I got it and went to extract it outta the rar... I got the application, ccd file, sub file, and the "image files" But couldnt play with out a Cd...
Any help T_T

cyborg_alberto
2006-09-09, 11:58
Man I think some people here will "kill" ya after this, but it can be solved using (help closed for pirated software, and mainly NOW when I'm in my opensource OS...)

No more than this, dude...[/i]

GreatSaintLouis
2006-09-09, 11:58
How about no, and you just pay for the games you play instead?

Piracy isn't looked upon highly at all on this forum, and every time someone posts some stupid request for help for their downloaded torrent, the people who put so much effort into translating games for free are just a little bit less likely to finish or release their projects. This is a major issue in this forum, and you're unlikely to get any sort of warm reception for your actions. Just buy the game like you're supposed to, and you won't have any problems figuring out how to run it. Even if it is a messed-up piece of tripe like Kana.

And for God's sake cyborg_alberto, fix the size of your signature!

cyborg_alberto
2006-09-09, 12:52
Because it's easier than pay for them? ^_^;

Piracy isn't looked upon highly at all on this forum, and every time someone posts some stupid request for help for their downloaded torrent, the people who put so much effort into translating games for free are just a little bit less likely to finish or release their projects. This is a major issue in this forum, and you're unlikely to get any sort of warm reception for your actions. Just buy the game like you're supposed to, and you won't have any problems figuring out how to run it. Even if it is a messed-up piece of tripe like Kana.
GreatSaintLouis is correct.
Personally, I don't, and won't, wanna know where and WHY you get any kind of any software, I don't care!
However, once we have ca$hware software in question, the help was removed. But I coud say to ya to ask for "virtual"...

Don't cry, kiddy, the fix will come when I see a PM wrote by "Haeleth", "AstCD2", "Keisuke" or, in the worst of situations, "Neo-Kun", ok?

The signature isn't even ONE of my problems today...

I'm outta here!
(And when I say "I'm outta here"... ya know, I just don't say "see ya", 'cause I'm angry today...)

GreatSaintLouis
2006-09-09, 13:10
Because it's easier than pay for them? ^_^;
Silly me, I keep forgetting that playing games is a right granted to every human being, not a privilege for those who pay for them! How dare people try and make a living by selling their software? It's just flat-out unfair, isn't it?

Don't cry, kiddy, the fix will come when I see a PM wrote by "Haeleth", "AstCD2", "Keisuke" or, in the worst of situations, "Neo-Kun", ok?

The signature isn't even ONE of my problems today...

I'm outta here!
(And when I say "I'm outta here"... ya know, I just don't say "see ya", 'cause I'm angry today...)
That's not remotely the most mature way that could have been handled, but I can't say I was expecting more. I believe this same problem has happened in the past with oversized signatures or avatar icons--and each time you've been asked to fix them. This is nothing new, and it's really a matter of courtesy to other forumgoers that they don't have to scroll through lines of disconnected text and giant images to get to the next post.

cyborg_alberto
2006-09-09, 13:58
** Searching for a Decent PDF reader for Linux and a way to do my exercises... **

In the 1st time (Dark_Soul_Ayu and Dart vader), once the sig size was allowed by the forum, I kept it. But when I've seen it was "deleted", I've made other.
In the 2nd time (Omega Troop), even Haeleth doesn't "kill" me because the huge size, although I've removed it by my own will.

HOWEVER, I don't have 27 TA units avatars of 96x96 ou a huge text, only an IMAGE! o.O;
Are you annoyed with it!? (The image itself, not the image size, once I have ONLY ONE - Unless, of course, you get a way to see the VRV Robo and VicTrailer in "image" mode instead "link" one...)
(Also, I've taken the image link, not the image itself, ya...)

And yes, Ayato...

F... the piracy once for all and BUY this game once for all man!

<strike>...and get the F...in' Daemon Tools to mount this cursed game CD image you have (And please, KEEP THE 3 FILES IN THE SAME F...IN' PLACE!) or BURN it with your F....in' burning software. F...in' Alcohol 120% or F...in' CloneCD could help you if the F...in' nero or even the good K3B (Linux) can't.</strike>

I'm, totally, OUTTA here!

And yes, I didn't, don't and won't wanna know the huge sum of problems with Compillers you'll get to install D-Tools 4.0 or the viruses you'll get in torrent sites...

Ayato
2006-09-09, 19:20
oh, besides the fact that im kinda 15, no credit card, living off my parents, who also know what h-games are...

Ask them? Oh I have
trying going in to a pr0n store to buy one? Yup...
tryed getting my olderfamily members to get one for me? Yup...

Failed 100%...

Cept for lamune, which I got at a yard sale, even though its in japanese ^.^
*deletes the torrent*
Thanks though...
And sorry for downloading the thing T_T

Any tips on how to get the game tho?
Anyone live in New Hampshire?

cyborg_alberto
2006-09-09, 19:35
oh, besides the fact that im kinda 15, no credit card, living off my parents, who also know what h-games are...

Ask? Oh I have
trying going in to a pr0n store to buy one? Yup...

try getting my olderfamily members to get one for me? Yup...

Failed 100%...
Well... I know how you fell...
No money, no credti card, the piracy is like a "mother" for us...
But, 5h17! Piracy isn't legal and cool anyways! o.o;

*deletes the torrent*
Allright, I trust you now as well as I trust in Bill Gate$...

Thanks though...
And sorry for download the thing T_T
Any tips on how to get the thing?
Anyone live in New Hampshire?
Hmmm...

I won't reprime you only just you've downloaded a ca$hware software, but that's the Forum rules: Nothin' about piracy - And I've learned it of the "almost" worst way, if you wanna know... I have almost sure GreatSaintLouis knows what I say, once he still remember 'bout my huge sigs and such... Have I said y(Nice try...)?

To buy this game, you could try... eh.. Himeya? I don't remember the correct name... Ya know, japanese "shopping" sites... See a link for it in www.haeleth.net ^_^

New Hampshire? Not me, at least...

And... Have you "copy-and-paste"d the "strikethrough" text?

To mount the image files you got, Daemon Tools or the Alcohol 120% Virtual Driver solves the problem.

To burn it, I think any burning software could be used. But once you have an .CCD image, you could use CloneCD (.CCD image is generated by CloneCD, and other image editor softwares in this little world... ^_^)

CloneCD is recomended, because it *may" bypass CD protection for your personal backups

I'm OUTTA here!

Roto
2006-09-09, 19:53

There's your problem; you're trying to buy an 18+ game and you're not yet 18. It won't hurt you to wait a few years until you're old enough and have the appropriate resources to legally purchase the game. Being told by your parents that you can't purchase something isn't fun, but piracy isn't the answer to everything.

I suppose if you're really desperate to play this game you could find an older friend with a credit card.

Ayato
2006-09-09, 19:54
Ah!
That helps alot man, and I am really greatful, but after hearing how I'm probably gonna get lynched, how I'm probably hated on this forum now, and the CIA probably gonna try to track me down for using bittorrent to get a pr0n game...

I really deleted the thing ^^;; I'd delete the message to spare urself from the wrath of otaku

*Buys plane ticket to Mexico*

*to quote the Roto*
I'm sorry if this seems rude, but I have tried that as well ^^

Do u guys want me to delete this page?

cyborg_alberto
2006-09-09, 20:41
Don't worry, guy!

At least, not for me, you won't get any kind of problems with Bush, Osama or Bill Gates! ^_^

Who this topic stay here to show the power of the wrath of the otaku, who can't be destroyed by "piracy facilities"... ^_^

See ya and good night for all.

(And I was used to be a downloader too. ^_^)

F.I.A
2006-09-09, 23:04
Now now, just what is the purpose of this thread?

For one thing, this kind of reminds of that last Wind drama just months ago, with people defending that it is their right to try the game before buying it out.

I will sum it all in these:
The reason we buy them shows that we show respect to one's work or effort. Seriously, a game is not made with a swing of a wand. It takes at least 6 months for a decent commercial quality game, and it will need at least 20 staffs for a good VN game. 6 months mean 180 days, or 4320 hours. And total hours used by all the 20 people is 86400 hours. Yea, virtually those hours are spent to give you that game.

By getting a virtual copy of it just because you got the "right" to do so, it's like a stingy consumer who pops a grape into his mouth and says "I will taste it first. If it's good enough, I will buy it." but then leaves the store.

And I said it and I will say it again- What is with underages playing a game with a 18-mark on it? That mark is there not to show that there are 18 endings, duh. It's like buying a box of cigarettes and ignoring the "Minor cannot smoke" poster beside.

Someone needs to ask Haeleth to close this thread for the good of all.

Sides: Since when only P**n store sells bishoujo games?

AstCd2
2006-09-09, 23:18
6 months mean 180 days, or 4320 hours. And total hours used by all the 20 people is 86400 hours. Yea, virtually those hours are spent to give you that game.

24-hour working days with no weekends?
Glad I'm not in the VN business =P

F.I.A
2006-09-09, 23:31
24-hour working days with no weekends?
Glad I'm not in the VN business =P

It's just a theorical measurement. But as I read about how dire are mangakas when working on their comics(Yea, 24 hours of living on energy drinks and instant noodles are possible), I guess it is possible in VN case. :D

Ayato
2006-09-10, 11:05
Sides: Since when only P**n store sells bishoujo games?

^.^;;
I got desperate T_T

Haeleth
2006-09-11, 08:40
どうしていつも私がいないうちに・・・ (泣)

I guess this thread has served its purpose.