PDA

View Full Version : help help linux

mr.aufziehvogel
2006-08-25, 11:01
i can't start the altogether 06 games under linux. tried it with kernel 2.6.7 and 2.6.11 (knoppix) ot both get a memory error after starting onscripter-insani

the old games all work fine...

i don't care 2 much because i will play them under windows, but i wonder what the problem is.

Roto
2006-08-25, 11:47
The exact text of the error message it gives you would help to diagnose the problem.

You might have better luck grabbing the source code and compiling onscripter-insani yourself.

mr.aufziehvogel
2006-08-25, 11:53
the only message i get is "memory access error"

i want to compile insani onscripter myself but i don't know how i can set the directory...

i mean its "make" "make install"

but i have to set a directory on my ramdisk or the compilation will fail because the normal directories are read only on knoppix.

Roto
2006-08-25, 12:16
You don't really need to `make install`. After you've run make, just copy the onscripter executable out of the onscripter-insani directory and into the game directory.

In fact, there is no target for "install" in the onscripter makefiles.

mr.aufziehvogel
2006-08-26, 01:53
when i make "make -f Makefile.Linux" it returns 2000000error messages with sdl etc.

i have sdl 1.2

man i hate it :P

ChocoEd
2006-08-26, 03:02
when i make "make -f Makefile.Linux" it returns 2000000error messages with sdl etc.
You'll want to use Makefile.Linux.insani, but beyond that I'm not sure what's going on with the original memory errors. Are the game directories writable?

Roto
2006-08-26, 13:35
If you run `sdl-config --cflags`, what does that tell you?

Alternately, you might try copying the onscripter executable from one of the games that works into the directory of one of the new games, and see if that might let you play. I'm not sure how significant the changes might be between any version you have that works on your system and the current one, but it might be better than not having the games run at all if you can't get the new onscripter to compile.

mr.aufziehvogel
2006-08-27, 02:20
"sdl-config" hmm..strange. i don't have that command :)

but look:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-console.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-console.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-console.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-console.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-console.shlibs
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-gfx1.2.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-gfx1.2.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-gfx1.2.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-gfx1.2.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-gfx1.2.shlibs
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-image1.2.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-image1.2.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-image1.2.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-image1.2.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-image1.2.shlibs
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-mixer1.2.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-mixer1.2.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-mixer1.2.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-mixer1.2.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-mixer1.2.shlibs
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libsdl-net1.2.list

all libsdl...

and narcissu and other onscripter games are working fine.

i try to copy the onscripter of narcissu etc. to the new games.

edit: IT WORKS :)

thanks for the help.

Roto
2006-08-27, 03:41
It looks like you have the runtime libraries for SDL, but not the header files (and static libraries) that you need to compile anything. You could look for a package that has the development files, or download the SDL sources and compile and install yourself. Of course, that's probably too much work for a liveCD where everything would be lost when you restart.

Hopefully you won't run into any problems with the older onscripter.

mr.aufziehvogel
2006-08-27, 04:58
i've already played "at the end of summer" and it worked fine. only a singe error

the save button is overlapping the text sometimes.

but "visions from the other side" crashed after a few seconds. i think i will start windows ;)