PDA

View Full Version : Odd Kanon voice patch problem

Nanashi
2006-08-10, 14:30
Thanks for the guide, it seemed to work perfectly at first. I followed the instructions and sure enough the voice worked. But now I seem to have a problem. I am playing Kanon All ages version in Japanese. I'm on the second day, and from the point where Nayuki brings you to the entrance hall with the lockers at school, a lot of the dialogue (of Nayuki, Ayu, etc.) is suddenly missing voice. What is going on here? I did follow the patch instructions exactly, and up to this point, everything worked fine...

Haeleth
2006-08-11, 02:22
Which version are you playing? (To find out, launch the game, then at the main menu, click on the snowflake above the "n" of "Kanon". If nothing happens, it's 1.0, otherwise it'll tell you the version.)

Nanashi
2006-08-11, 02:52
Doh, it turns out I didn't have the all ages version after all, but the normal one. Nothing happens when I click that snowflake. Running the patch scenario for the normal version solved the problem. There's no way to turn off the H scenes in this version, right? :s

Haeleth
2006-08-11, 03:26
There's no way to turn off the H scenes in this version, right? :s
Not completely. However, you can remove the H pictures by going into the PDT folder and replacing the following files with copies of SIRO.PDT:

FGAY12.PDT
FGAY13.PDT
FGAY14.PDT
FGAY15.PDT
FGMI11.PDT
FGMI12.PDT
FGMI13.PDT
FGMI14.PDT
FGMK12.PDT
FGMK13.PDT
FGMK14.PDT
FGNY12.PDT
FGNY13.PDT
FGNY14.PDT
FGSR12.PDT
FGSR13.PDT
FGSR14.PDT
FGSR15.PDT

You will still get the text, but not the pictures, and there's no voice in H scenes, so you can skip them more easily without risking offence.

(The pictures will still show up as thumbnails in omake mode; there's not much can easily be done about that, I'm afraid.)

2006-08-11, 11:29
I see. Thanks alot for your help! :)