PDA

View Full Version : Just to clarify...

Eien Ni Hen
2006-07-24, 18:19
Okay, I've got everything dumped and I'm in the process of translating. I'm having a little problem. The ` (backquote) doesn't work for my script, and I think I've discovered the reason. As was mentioned in the ONScripter post, 0.txt can only consist of 1 or 2 byte chars, not both, otherwise it doesn't test properly. Is this the reason my script is not spaced properly when I try to test it? And additionally, does everything in 0.txt have to be 1 byte chars or just the menus and text on the screen?

I really wish these things were documented better, but this is why I ask questions. ^^

gp32
2006-07-24, 18:52
Well, for starters, what are you working on, and what does your 0.txt look like?

Haeleth
2006-07-25, 00:16
Odd - it works fine when I just replace a couple of lines at random, leaving the rest in Japanese, so it can't be a character width conflict. Are you sure you're using the latest insani build of ONScripter (2006-7-24)?

Eien Ni Hen
2006-07-25, 03:07
Yeah, I'm using the latest version of ONScripter, but something tells me this game is a little weird. This is some of the Japanese text after a setwindow command:

妬まれるわけでもなく、むしろ雑用から逃げられてよかったとほっとしているヤツらがいたほど。
 おかげでわたしと進藤は雑用におわれる日々だった。
「明日顔合わせして、週末に合宿だよ」
「わかった。…あれ?」\

Edit: Well, I got the backquote to work, but I'm still wondering why this game doesn't use any @ signs. Are all games that use Nscripter built uniformly or are there variations on text display?

Haeleth
2006-07-25, 03:54
The clickstr (http://nscripter.insani.org/reference/meirei/clickstr.htm) command is used, so the game treats 。 and 」 as though they were always followed by an @. If the documentation is to be trusted, clickstr only works with two-byte characters, so you'll have to insert @s manually in the translated version.

gp32
2006-07-25, 05:23
In this case, the documentation is to be trusted -- the clickstr command is entirely nonfunctional with 1-byte characters.