PDA

View Full Version : code pbl after seen decompression +sth more...

haneyia
2006-07-17, 00:13
My first post here~~~ say hello to everyone~~

Well, these days i am planning to make a PC game: Gakuen_Heaven (maybe somebody've heard about it) to one Chinese version and one English version as little gift to my friends who are crazy about it...

cuz originally i planned to pick the resourse out and programm it again with NS but get stucked with trans PDT file to BMP ones (anyone know how to do that or is there software availble?), so i hv to turn back and do it in the ways most of u did....

(sorry really not knowing much about this field and i might ask silly Qs.. but i really want to make it! ... and it also took me a lot of efforts finding the paradise here~~ T - T ...Chinese information is really insufficient...)

so back to the topic:

The PC game Gakuen_Heaven was developed by Visual Art's company ... and it's engine was AVG3217D (i consider it older than the engine AIR used isn't it?)

then i tried to download the software for kanon and air decompression==>vavg32e.zip, and try to extract the game, (decompress the seen.txt file in fact).. and after that... a new folder was created under the dat directory and inside it were many seenXXX files (bin type and txt type as well~~)...

according to the layout of the content in the seenXXX.txt, it is surely the dialogues and i think those were the document i hv to trans... but here comes the code pbls:
all words were shown in really strange charactors... and i can't read them at all...

further explain a little bit.... the same strange code also appear when we run the original Japanese version game and then we use applocade.exe (by Microsoft) and solved it.... but applocade only apply with exe file and does no help to the txt files.... seems that it is the plb about the transition of non-unicode file to unicode os/platform... and i really really do not know how to solove that....(i read almost every post in this forum and i'm still not clear about it...)

So Anyone can Help me with this...? (my OS is english winXP Pro)
and is there specific compiler for AVG3217D Games or Other also works with it..(hope so..)

some other:
actually at the same time i am study the emulator for the Ps2 ....and the game i choose is also the Gakuen_Heaven but a Ps2 version this time, with Voice of Seiyu...
Frankly speaking... the types of file shown on PC is really strange... (For eg: .BD, .AFS, .IMG, .PAK...) and i CAN NOT work out with almost every type except .AFS...
and also after decompress .afs file inside it were adx and ahx files....
it's ok with adx file but i can not play ahx file....
after many research someone said the ahx file is a mixed compressing type of other 2 existed types.... but i can not get more details....
so if anyone has experience on transfer ahx file... or hv ideas about it... i would be very very appreciated to learn ~~~

XD..... sorry for writing so long... my english really so bad...
but anyway... i hope we would all be happy and learn a lot here!!

thanks again~~~

eugene~~ fr SH

Roto
2006-07-17, 02:22
. . .but get stucked with trans PDT file to BMP ones (anyone know how to do that or is there software availble?), so i hv to turn back and do it in the ways most of u did....

I believe vaconv in RLdev (http://dev.haeleth.net/rldev.shtml) is capable of converting the PDT graphics to PNG, which is easily convertible to anything else with standard graphics tools.

... and it's engine was AVG3217D (i consider it older than the engine AIR used isn't it?)

If I recall the numbers correctly, AVG3217d is somewhere in between Kanon and Air...

. . .further explain a little bit.... the same strange code also appear when we run the original Japanese version game and then we use applocade.exe (by Microsoft) and solved it....

The game scripts are encoded in ShiftJIS. It sounds like your text editor is displaying them as ISO-Latin-1 or some other Western encoding. Set your editor to display the files in ShiftJIS and it should display properly.

Working in ShiftJIS shouldn't be a problem for translating to English, but you'll want to convert the scripts to something that supports both Chinese and Japanese (such as UTF-8), or you won't be able to have both in the same document as you do the Chinese translation.

I don't recall offhand what encodings AVG32 will support in game scripts and whether you'll need a patched executable to display Chinese. Make sure you check into that (and also, what encodings your script re-insertion tools will accept) before you work on too many of the files. . .

zalas
2006-07-17, 04:16
I'd suggest contacting the Key Fan Club as they did a Chinese translation of Kanon, AIR (and probably Clannad by now)

haneyia
2006-07-17, 07:24
The game scripts are encoded in ShiftJIS. It sounds like your text editor is displaying them as ISO-Latin-1 or some other Western encoding. Set your editor to display the files in ShiftJIS and it should display properly.

Working in ShiftJIS shouldn't be a problem for translating to English, but you'll want to convert the scripts to something that supports both Chinese and Japanese (such as UTF-8), or you won't be able to have both in the same document as you do the Chinese translation.

I don't recall offhand what encodings AVG32 will support in game scripts and whether you'll need a patched executable to display Chinese. Make sure you check into that (and also, what encodings your script re-insertion tools will accept) before you work on too many of the files. . .

this is what i'v already known from many posts here.... actually i myself am not sure about the coding system on PC...
So just now i tried a silly method... put the advanced choice of regional language of control panel in to Japanese(means that i consider my pc as a japanese only one)... restart... and then go for the seen.txt file again..
this time.. right character appeared.... but vavg32.exe not work with that.....do not know why......simply show can not find the file.... but actually the location was correct.....

so then.. i try to save the correct shown seen.txt file into :unicode, utf-8,unicode big endian,ansi.. the all 4 encode available on mine.... and then turns the language in to chinese back.. restart...
2 or 3 of the converted txt file show correct with the Japanese words wanted... but when run Vavg32.exe again..... this time even not able to extrate the game......

so still trying to find solution......

thanks u two...upstairs~~~ u r so kind and patient... i wil go on to work hard on them...

CHu~~~~

haneyia
2006-07-17, 07:25

this is what i'v already known from many posts here.... actually i myself am not sure about the coding system on PC...
So just now i tried a silly method... put the advanced choice of regional language of control panel in to Japanese(means that i consider my pc as a japanese only one)... restart... and then go for the seen.txt file again..
this time.. right character appeared.... but vavg32.exe not work with that.....do not know why......simply show can not find the file.... but actually the location was correct.....

so then.. i try to save the correct shown seen.txt file into :unicode, utf-8,unicode big endian,ansi.. the all 4 encode available on mine.... and then turns the language in to chinese back.. restart...
2 or 3 of the converted txt file show correct with the Japanese words wanted... but when run Vavg32.exe again..... this time even not able to extrate the game......

so still trying to find solution......

thanks u two...upstairs~~~ u r so kind and patient... i wil go on to work hard on them...

CHu~~~~

Haeleth
2006-07-17, 09:56
You mustn't change the encoding of SEEN.TXT itself! Doing so will corrupt all the binary data that isn't text, which is why the program you're using can no longer extract it at all.

For a compiler/disassembler that targets AVG32, you can either try to get hold of whatever the Key Fans Club used, or you can use my own Kpac (http://dev.haeleth.net/kpac/kpac-dist.zip) -- I should warn you that Kpac is completely unsupported, and will probably not work with Chinese, but it does do a pretty good job of converting the scripts into something you will actually be able to edit and recompile.

For actual Chinese text, you will need to contact the Key Fans Club anyway. AVG32 itself does not support Chinese, so you will indeed need to use a patched executable.