PDA

View Full Version : Onscripter, Linux and Ogg - something isn't right

sjoben
2006-05-06, 22:27
I'm having some trouble with onscripter on Linux. I'm trying to take a look at a game called ヒトナツの夢 (can be found here (http://milkcat.jp/introduction/hitonatu/)). the background music is in ogg format, and for some reason it refuses to play. The strange thing is that ogg playback has worked in other games, for example "The poor little bird".

When I run onscripter I get:
*** plugin oggdecoder.dll|oge is not available, ignored. ***
There is a suspicious oggencoder.dll in the data directory which is lacking in "The poor little bird", so my guess is the game is trying to use this instead of the built in ogg support. However, I have no idea how to make it not use this dll.

I have taken a look att the official onscripter page, and there is a short paragraph about using a file dll.txt to do something, but I don't understand if that is what I want to do, or what you're supposed to do with that file...

Anyone here has any ideas for how to make it work? The game works except for the background music.

I'm using the latest version of onscripter (20060504).

gp32
2006-05-07, 13:46
Decompress nscript.dat into 0.txt using NSDEC. Edit 0.txt such that the line stipulating oggdec.dll is commented out. Run ONScripter.

2006-05-07, 16:21
Decompress nscript.dat into 0.txt using NSDEC. Edit 0.txt such that the line stipulating oggdec.dll is commented out. Run ONScripter.

Thanks for the hint. When I do that at least there is no error message, but unfortunately still no music. Looking around in the script I see that the playback is started by
dwaveloop 12,"music¥se¥se12.oge":mov %22,12

whereas in the Poor little bird it is started by

mp3loop "data/takaku.ogg"

I'll try to take a look at changing to the mp3loop command instead, but the dwaveloop command seems to take a lot more parameters. I'll digg deeper when I have time later, right now I have to hurry away to school.

sjoben
2006-05-09, 05:47
Turned out the background music actually was in wma format, converting them to oge solved the music playing. ^^;

However, the sound effects (for clicking buttons and such) are also in .oge and won't play, even though they are invoked by the same command. Ah well, I can live without those.

By the way, thanks to Insani for the excellent documentation of nscripter. Great work.