PDA

View Full Version : Shimaima - free game from AliceSoft

byndhrzn
2006-03-04, 02:54
Saw this today on http://heiseidemocracy.net/
Alice Soft was hardly hurting for good karma, but they’ve secured a place in fan’s affections today by releasing an entire, unedited eroge for free download. Shimaima was originally released as part of the Alice no Yakata 7 pack of games and bonus discs, but seems to be no less the full-fledged game for it.
http://www.alicesoft.com/saboten/download.html 750 Mb
http://www.alicesoft.com/yakata7/shima/index.html

http://www.alicesoft.com/yakata7/shima/pack.jpg

Carl
2006-03-04, 03:21
Who would have expected their server to get overloaded ^_^

Hurray for mirrors.

Haeleth
2006-03-04, 03:24
Yet another Japanese company shows they don't get the Internet by releasing a 750MB file for direct download...

Why is it that Type-Moon are the only eroge makers who seem to have caught on to the fact that BitTorrent can be incredibly convenient for legal users too?

Shii
2006-03-04, 07:19
cat@box ~$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda3 14G 13G 537M 96% /
/dev/hda1 3.5G 3.3G 153M 96% /mnt/ntfs
/dev/hda6 36G 34G 1.3G 97% /share
/dev/hda2 21G 20G 541M 98% /kamifs
none 109M 0 109M 0% /dev/shm
cat@box ~$

(´・ω・`) shoboooooooon (I don't have enough space to unzip this)

Ah well, not like I could read it anyway.

Nanatuha
2006-03-05, 06:39
Yet another Japanese company shows they don't get the Internet by releasing a 750MB file for direct download...

Why is it that Type-Moon are the only eroge makers who seem to have caught on to the fact that BitTorrent can be incredibly convenient for legal users too?
I think most eroge users wouldn't use it unless Japanese language version exists.
(Though there is a language patch for staple part but other parts like FAQ or Version history are still inconvenient for them)

2006-03-05, 07:00
Azureus (and other clients?) should have full japanese gui and faq.

Haeleth
2006-03-05, 07:00
Ah, good point, I hadn't thought of that.

(Though, in that case I'm still slightly surprised that nobody has made a new Japanese program that speeds up downloads in the same way...)

roxfan
2006-03-05, 07:16

I think most eroge users wouldn't use it unless Japanese language version exists.

Well, Japanese anime watchers don't seem to have problems downloading fansubs >.>

Kainti
2006-03-05, 13:31
I'm using azureus, later i used bitcomet, and both of those clients automatically turned their GUI and in-progam help lang into japanese when i changed everything in 'regional and language options' to japanese to play fate trial, so i don't think it would be the problem.

Nanatuha
2006-03-05, 15:06
Why, there is? My bad. I've talked by a little knowledge.

Well, Japanese anime watchers don't seem to have problems downloading fansubs >.>
*avert my eyes*

zalas
2006-03-05, 19:52
<totally not serious>
"Come on guys, I know you aren't playing our games, so we're gonna give them away!!! Come on, play them, pleeeeeeeease ;_;"

which would soon turn into

"Okay, we'll PAY you 9000 yen to play our games!"
</totally not serious>

kouryuu
2006-03-06, 08:03
that would be toooo good to be true zalas...

but on another note.... does this game utilize Nscripter...?

*plotting*

gp32
2006-03-06, 13:07
but on another note.... does this game utilize Nscripter...?
No.

Talbain
2006-03-07, 00:54

Because they're the only ones who know it exists? They're the only ones who aren't a "business" which is the basic equation of a VERY large group of chickens without heads? (And as someone said earlier, Azureus now supports Unicode, so it's not like they've got an excuse)

zalas
2006-03-07, 01:48
Darn, I keep wanting to call this game Shimashima -.-;