PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CGs.

drmchsr0
2006-02-06, 08:12
I need your help.

I am in need of CGs from the following games:

AIR, Clannad, To Heart, Tsukihime, ONE, Kizuato, Dokuysei, and any other CGs you deem fit.

I am trying to raise the awareness of the Visual Novel in my country aka I picked it for one of my school assignments.

Haeleth
2006-02-06, 08:24
Have you tried the makers' webpages? Often they have sample CGs available there (low resolution, but should be sufficient).

Uh, of course the sample CGs are often H ones, but they usually have some school-safe ones too...

Spiritsnare
2006-02-06, 10:10
http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/index.htm

Not exactly CGs, but close enough.

They have quite a collection of Kanon CGs, though.

zalas
2006-02-06, 11:27
Of course, if you have the game, you can extract the CGs using Susie and some appropriate plugin. For AIR/Kanon, you can also just use something like PDTxPNG.

Kainti
2006-02-06, 13:13
I've collected some CG's from Kanon by simply print-screen button :p. And also i have on hdd CG's from Tsukihime, Da Capo (Plus Communication & Summer Vacation), Ramune, Green Green and KgNE, i can upload it on ftp, if you want pm me :).

GreatSaintLouis
2006-02-06, 15:21
You should do a full report on the diverse styles of ero scenes to be found within the visual novel genre. With enough proper research, you could possibly be spared the whole foul high school experience on the merits of your stunning thesis. Would that be grounds for expulsion? I can never remember...

Um... That aside, I get a kick out of the various Glove On Fight stills at the end of the Kanon CG section of that site.

Haeleth
2006-02-06, 15:33
You should do a full report on the diverse styles of ero scenes to be found within the visual novel genre.
Whoa, whoa, that's way above school level. You could get a PhD out of that, as I'm sure I've said before. The formulaic construction of ero-scenes in modern Japanese erotica has some fascinating parallels with the more developed forms of epic poetry. Heck, even the undressing rituals could make a thesis...

kouryuu
2006-02-06, 16:36
Talk to me and I can get you the Tsukihime, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, and Tsukihime CGs. Along with Green Green, Popotan, or Wind ~ Berath of Heart~.

Carl
2006-02-06, 18:04
Talk to me and I can get you the Tsukihime, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, and Tsukihime CGs. Along with Green Green, Popotan, or Wind ~ Berath of Heart~.
I wouldn't snub my nose at getting the Popotan and Wind CG sets...

drmchsr0
2006-02-06, 18:07
Haeleth, GSL: Interesting. I'll shelve that one for a future presentation.

For the record, I'm in a polytechnic, doing it for a module.

Also, thanks for the support. PM me with the necessary info. I will give credit where it's due.

It would be nice if someone had a few PC98 CGs, though.

Leo_Otaku
2006-02-09, 21:26
I remember this site here: has some of the shots excluding ero-contentones.

i recall www.boyis.com had lots. warning MANY pop ups u-u

OogamiOokami
2006-02-10, 14:58
You should do a full report on the diverse styles of ero scenes to be found within the visual novel genre.
Whoa, whoa, that's way above school level. You could get a PhD out of that, as I'm sure I've said before. The formulaic construction of ero-scenes in modern Japanese erotica has some fascinating parallels with the more developed forms of epic poetry. Heck, even the undressing rituals could make a thesis...

I would propose that ero scenes are an allegory for Japan's (the heroine's) status in and following WWII.

The first contact between heroine and player often occurs as the heroine lazily awakes the player; America awoke to engage in all-out warfare in the Pacific following the Pearl Harbor bombing ("We have awoken a sleeping giant").

The progression in both within scenes and across game events from 着衣H to complete nudity reflects the stripping away of Imperial colonies, territory, and the renunciation of military agression. Further events reflect the "cultural intercourse " between Japan and the outside world following the rebuilding of the nation within the context of American and other outside cultural influence, suggesting that the best cultural course is not resistance, but "absorption." The frequency of endings with 子作り as an important element stands as a commentary on a new future interdependant on the United States and its military, while reflecting the desire for a new Imperial heir and the ultra-right's interest in a resurgent Japanese military.