PDA

View Full Version : Air Drama CDs, 8 Volumes of them!

DragonmasterX
2006-01-20, 12:41
What's the point of them? The story's exactly the same as the anime and game, ain't it? I listened to a few tracks. Some of the dialogue sounds exactly as if it's straight from the anime!

They're just an easy way for Key/Visual Arts to get rich, right?

Haeleth
2006-01-20, 12:54
Drama CDs have certain unique features that place them in a slightly different niche. For example, it's kind of tricky to play a game or watch anime while driving. ;)

In the case of the Kanon drama CDs, the story is told somewhat differently in many cases - e.g. one gets scenes where Yuuichi isn't present, told entirely from the perspective of the girl. I don't know whether they did that at all with the AIR series.

That said, either way, obviously a 神尾さん家 (i.e. original comic sketches with AIR characters) would have been even better. ;)

Spiritsnare
2006-01-20, 14:29
Drama CDs have certain unique features that place them in a slightly different niche. For example, it's kind of tricky to play a game or watch anime while driving. ;)

Well, I actually ended up ripping the audio out of the AIR movie preview, burning it to CD...

It gave me the impression of psuedo-books-on-tape.

Carl
2006-01-20, 22:02
I have the first three AIR drama CDs, and money permitting I'll get the rest. I think the story composition of them is superior to that of the TV series (no KyoAni eye candy, alas), and characters remain closer to what they were in the game. They're pretty expensive though (3500円 x 8).

The big thing for me is that they've adapted the original game BGMs into a proper musical score, something they didn't even do (well, not properly) for the movie, let alone the TV series.

zalas
2006-01-21, 00:49
Hrm... is there a music-only soundtrack for the drama CDs, then? It would be interesting to hear the new arrangements...

Carl
2006-01-21, 11:42
Hrm... is there a music-only soundtrack for the drama CDs, then? It would be interesting to hear the new arrangements...
Unfortunately not, but you know us AIR fanboys would buy it if they released one.

mr.aufziehvogel
2006-01-22, 15:32
lol...

i still want the winged backpack from ayu :)

maybe next christmas ....