PDA

View Full Version : Kanon patch installation problems O,o;

Ricochet
2006-01-14, 19:43
I have the Kanon Standard Edition DVD sucessfully installed on my comp, but whenever I try to install the english patch, it says it can't find Kanon on my computer. and when I try to manually locate it, it won't react when I select the "KANON_SE" file. Am I missing something, or is there something wrong with how I'm doing this?

Thanks ^_^
-Ricochet

inuyasha9854
2006-01-14, 20:15
The currently released Kanon patch is compatible with only the original All-Age or 18+ versions (i believe)

Since the release of Kanon Standard Edition, Haeleth has switched his focus to working on getting the patch to work with RealLive (the engine used in Standard Edition) and is making progress.

Spiritsnare
2006-01-14, 22:40
The above post has summarized it well: the patch is currently incompatible with Kanon ~Standard Edition~.

Though if you hang out here on the forums, you're not alone. As far as I know, GreatSaintLouis has a copy as well.

cyborg_alberto
2006-01-15, 05:46
So, the Kanon Standart version uses another engine?
(I mean, Kanon 18+/All ages use an engine, Standart version uses another?)

o.O

But, about the question...
In fact, the Haeleth's patch works in Kanon 18+/all age versions only...

Accoding Haeleth in his site: (http://www.haeleth.net/kanon.html)

(...)Seven editions of Kanon exist:

* Kanon (PC/CD, 1999)
* Kanon 全年齢対象版 (PC/CD, 2000)
* Kanon (Dreamcast, 2001)
* Kanon (PS2, 2002)
* Kanon ~best edition~ (PS2, 2004)
* Kanon Standard Edition (PC/DVD, 2004)
* Kanon Standard Edition 全年齢対象版 (PC/DVD, 2005)

The current release of the patch supports the first two; all four PC versions will be supported in future.(...)

That's all I know.
Good luck!

Spiritsnare
2006-01-15, 07:58
So, the Kanon Standart version uses another engine?
(I mean, Kanon 18+/All ages use an engine, Standart version uses another?)

Since the release of Kanon Standard Edition, Haeleth has switched his focus to working on getting the patch to work with RealLive (the engine used in Standard Edition) and is making progress.

Unregistered
2008-03-01, 12:50
could anyone post this 57% patch?

it's better than nothing and seems like Kanon would never be released.

Unregistered
2008-03-30, 07:40
could anyone post this 57% patch?

it's better than nothing and seems like Kanon would never be released.

I 2nd that.

NonExistence
2008-04-16, 17:04
i personally don't see the need to repost something like that. after all, we've waited so long for the complete patch, and since it's already 50% done editing anyways, why not just wait that few more months to play the full thing?