PDA

View Full Version : Fate/Stay Night Anime Promo DVD

kouryuu
2005-11-23, 10:36
So I just finished watching the anime Promo RAW for the .... 11th time... <.<

I'm very glad we don't have to sit through a saber-omatic, and I must say, I feel all the voices are matching perfectly. The fight scenes look like they're going to be pretty good when they're done. Anyone else care to comment?

adun50
2005-11-23, 15:29
i found the animation quite good. though the part of Archer saying "I'm the bone of my sword" in english a bit funny. but either way I am looking forward to this. and according to my japan travelling companion, we'll be in japan when the first ep airs.

Haeleth
2005-11-23, 15:46
though the part of Archer saying "I'm the bone of my sword" in english a bit funny.
Good lord, they didn't keep that verbatim, did they?

Why, oh why, do these people not so much as think of getting native English speakers to check the five or six lines of English they insist on including? It's not like it would cost more than a few thousand yen to get that kind of thing translated professionally, even at commercial rates... -_-;;

zalas
2005-11-24, 03:24
Haha, and his pronunciation was so terrible I thought it was something in German at first...

GreatSaintLouis
2005-11-24, 23:44
I'm very glad we don't have to sit through a saber-omatic
But what ELSE is there to live for?!? </despondent>

Haha, and his pronunciation was so terrible I thought it was something in German at first...
Even alerted to the fact the line was in English BEFOREHAND, I still couldn't understand a word he said.

kouryuu
2005-11-28, 12:12
I recognized it as English instantly... but then again, my friend is also capable of divulging the entire reality marble chant at any given moment if you were to ask him....

I think the line sounded great for all it's "I am the bone of my So-d"

we'll be in japan when the first ep airs.

wow. That'll be nice.

Maceart
2005-11-28, 16:32
Well I liked the promo, but the names are kind of funny. Lancer = lance user, Saber = saber user, etc etc. It was kind of strange... who in Type Moon made these names!?

Haeleth
2005-11-28, 17:07
Those are their class names. They all have real names too - for example, Lancer is actually Cuchulain.

(I can tell you that because his true identity is given away right at the start of the game; the others are all more or less integral to the plot, so I shan't spoil things by giving anything away. Let's just say you'll never guess who Saber is, let alone Archer... teehee!)

drmchsr0
2005-11-28, 17:27
Nasu Kinoko.

We all know gp32's stance on Kinoko.

Misu
2005-11-29, 19:57
About the voices on the promo, I thought Rin sounded kinda young. I dont know, I seemed to get an idea that she would have a more lofty voice to express her belief in her superiority, also, I thought her character design made her look younger in the anime then in the game, but thats just me.

Also, I think Sakura and the whole comedic scene didnt look as well animated and detailed as the other parts of the promo. I hope that isnt something that will plague the series (battles are animated better than non-battles).

Otherwise, top notch ^^, and I love Archer's voice!

Valkyrie
2005-11-30, 04:00
Let's just say you'll never guess who Saber is, let alone Archer... teehee!)

I kind of agree with Haeleth on this one. It's kind of shocking when I um........found out. :D Especially Saber's real name. I highly doubt anyone who did not play Fate/Stay Night to be able to know this. Unless, of course, you surf Fate/Stay Night fansites. :S Now that's a whole different matter. :P

l|ammamama
2005-11-30, 08:44
I highly doubt anyone who did not play Fate/Stay Night to be able to know this. Unless, of course, you surf Fate/Stay Night fansites. :S Now that's a whole different matter. :P

Or if your friend (who knows nothing about the genre) runs up to you and says LOL Dude you know that chick? from like, that game? she's _____! isn't that wierd???

~_~

Haeleth
2005-11-30, 08:54
The amusing thing about Saber is that <rot13>gurl tnir ure Fnkba pbybhevat, jura gur zlgubybtvpny punenpgre fur'f onfrq ba vf n Pryg jubfr unve vf pregnva gb unir orra oynpx. Bbcf. Ohg V thrff jr xabj gung NYY tnvwva ner oybaqrf, qba'g jr?</rot13> -_-;;

also, I thought her character design made her look younger in the anime then in the game, but thats just me.

Wait, you're saying this is bad?

<_<
>_>

...what?

Misu
2005-11-30, 13:03
Damn! Your right! I forgot where I was posting XD XD.

drmchsr0
2005-11-30, 19:16
Well, Haeleth,

Fnore vf onfrq ba gur Oevgvfu irefvba bs gur Neguhevna Yrtraq.

Oh wait.

kouryuu
2005-11-30, 20:30
The amusing thing about Saber is that <rot13>gurl tnir ure Fnkba pbybhevat, jura gur zlgubybtvpny punenpgre fur'f onfrq ba vf n Pryg jubfr unve vf pregnva gb unir orra oynpx. Bbcf. Ohg V thrff jr xabj gung NYY tnvwva ner oybaqrf, qba'g jr?</rot13> -_-;;

Bu pbzr ba abj, gurl nyernql punatrq gur traqre, jungf n yvggyr unve pbybe gb tb jvgu vg? Orfvqrf, Ynapre vf gur zber boivbhf Pryg, naq ur unf oyhr unve.

.... V gubhtug Neguhe jnf fnkba gubhtu? ur'f ratyvfu, abg vevfu?

Haeleth
2005-12-01, 02:36
.... V gubhtug Neguhe jnf fnkba gubhtu? ur'f ratyvfu, abg vevfu?
Oevgvfu va gur Prygvp frafr, v.r. n zrzore bs gur crbcyrf abj xabja nf Jryfu naq Pbeavfu, juvyr gur Ratyvfu ner cerqbzvanagyl Fnkba naq Abezna. Gur hfhny uvfgbevpvfngvba vf gb nffhzr gung ur jnf n Prygvp puvrs jub yrq gur erfvfgnapr ntnvafg gur Fnkba vainqref, gubhtu zbfg bs gur yrtraqf npghnyyl cvg uvz ntnvafg gur Ebznaf.

Not that we'd ever divert a topic here, no sir. ^_^

kouryuu
2005-12-01, 11:06
Oevgvfu va gur Prygvp frafr, v.r. n zrzore bs gur crbcyrf abj xabja nf Jryfu naq Pbeavfu, juvyr gur Ratyvfu ner cerqbzvanagyl Fnkba naq Abezna.

really? interesting... learn something new every day.

Though i must admit bgure guna gur onfvp fjbeq naq gur fgbar naq n yvggyr bs gur ebhaqgnoyr/zbetnan yrtraqf, V'ir bayl ernyyl urneq bs gur barf nobhg uvz svtugvat bss gur ebznaf.

Not that we'd ever divert a topice here, no sir. ^_^

oh come now, whats a little healthy diversion? even scholarly essays are allowed to go on slightly related tangents ^_^.

Haeleth
2005-12-01, 11:23
Well, I may be wrong. I'm a medievalist, not a historian.

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-12-04, 08:20
lol i saw the promo now and ..the opening reminds me of yu gi oh :) (with the cards falling down) lets duel :P

looks really good.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-12-04, 13:58
You guys and your historical revisionism and nitpicking.

What's next, the Vikings didn't have horns on their helmets?

drmchsr0
2005-12-04, 16:50
GSL: Lbh xabj jung, gung'f gehr!

kouryuu
2005-12-08, 12:52
gur ivxvatf univat ubeaf znl be znl abg or pbeerpg, ohg vg vf zbfg fnsr gb fnl nzrevpn fubhyq or ivxvatynaq. sbe nyy gung gurl qvq svaq hf svefg. gurl whfg qvqa'g yvxr jung gurl fnj ^_^.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-12-10, 23:58
*sigh*

I... I KNOW the Vikings didn't have horns on their helmets; that was an invention of Wagnerian opera.

It was just supposed to be one of those funny things... you know, a joke. :-P

Haeleth
2005-12-11, 03:22
Some of them probably had boar figurines on their helmets, though, if that makes anyone feel any better. ^_^

New
2005-12-11, 10:12
Some of them probably had Potato figurines on their helmets, though, if that makes anyone feel any better. ^_^

Corrected. The Knights of Potato serving the great Kano! AS YOU COMMAND!

On a (Slightly) related topic, I've bought the entire series of Tsukihime Anime. Next is Fate/Stay night, and this is my last big indulgence of the year.

<3 Ciel-Sempai/Akiha-Ojou-Sama. :P[/b]