PDA

View Full Version : lolipuni mentions translated demos

albert
2005-10-19, 14:47
This was amusing: http://lolipuni.com/#051019

Shii
2005-10-19, 14:53
Now, I don't know why he's calling us "Hentai Spirits" (?!), but...

If that sidebar on the left is a list of things he's purchased, I want to find that man's house and steal his toys.

zalas
2005-10-19, 17:42
... wait, does the guy actually think it was a commercial translation or something? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong about the American Version thing...

AstCd2
2005-10-19, 18:09
For our non-Japanese-literate friends:
(Apologies for any errors - I'm doing this from work, so it's rushed by necessity)

This may actually be quite widely known, but I was somewhat impressed by it, so I'll introduce it here. While there are US versions of several [games] already for sale, they tend to feel bizzare at some points, and the translation not being what you could call great, their reputation isn't terribly good even in the domestic scene.

I suppose [these guys] are the 'Hentai Spirits' who say 'If it doesn't exist, we'll make it!' (laugh). Of course, [translating] the actual commercial product is unfeasible from a variety of perspectives, so they work on translating demos. The quality of the translation seems pretty high, although it's not as if I've actually played them. (;´∀`)

- The text in Fate looks pretty complex... I wonder what foreigners think about one of their heroic legends being modified like this?

- The menu screen is perfect, too.

- There's Hani Hani too, of course.

- In Haru no Ashioto, even the font has been matched.

- I do wonder about the choice of a Loli-game... (laugh)

- A game that might be considered somewhat minor. I suppose choices in things like this are largely based on subjective taste (laugh).

- There are a surprising number of foreigners who download games like those from Illusion soft, too.

Actually, there seems to be demand in the closed-off overseas market, even for the Japanese versions. Then again, I guess you could get them on the same day through the illegal channels...
With the gradual spread of Japanimation, could the age of the game be next?

This sort of thing does border on the questionable, so if you're interested in obtaining them, please look for them yourself - though I'd be surprised if many of the visitors to *this* site would want them (;´∀`)

Nanatuha
2005-10-19, 19:49
... wait, does the guy actually think it was a commercial translation or something? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong about the American Version thing...

He is probably aware. from 有志により.

Just to make sure. The "hentai" here is similar to eccentric or odd, though include sexual way too. in Japanese.

zalas
2005-10-20, 01:25
*note to self* Always read the entire context of a sentence before attempting to understand it <_<;

Nanatuha
2005-10-20, 07:20
(゜д゜)ノ <span title ="Don't mind!">ドンマイ!</span>