PDA

View Full Version : i got Air movie

neo-kun
2005-08-06, 19:35
yay for me

zalas
2005-08-06, 21:03
Ah ha, but did you get either the collector's edition or special edition? The special edition packaging is nice...

GreatSaintLouis
2005-08-07, 08:09
Do tell, how is it? I'm on the fence about purchasing the regular edition, but I want to make absolutely sure that it's any good before plunking down the amount of money required for it. Give us the details! ^_^

zalas
2005-08-07, 09:08
I'm too busy to actually watch it now -.-;;

Haeleth
2005-08-07, 09:10
Too busy to watch a film? On a Sunday? What are you, a bishop or something? :p

zalas
2005-08-07, 09:21
I have two projects for class I need to be finishing up, along with writing 10 peer reviews for seminars -.-;;

neo-kun
2005-08-07, 16:14
xnab bayl ncrnef bapr naq zvantv bayl ncrnef 2 gvzrf!!!

i might watch it again, see if i understand it more

zalas
2005-08-07, 17:05
Well, just watched it. I really like the music and the effects they use on the movie to give it a sorta weird ethereal yet comfy look. However, the repeat effect gets a bit annoying after a while. The OP and ED were also diced up, and I have to say the OP dice up is a little less jarring, but still jarring none-the-less, and the ED dice up is pretty poorly done. It just doesn't *flow*. I wonder if the karaoke version of IF WINGS COULD FLY is on any CD... because it was really beautiful.

Naq nyfb, gur jnl gur zbivr pnzr bhg unf vgf hcf naq qbjaf. Gur cnenyyry fgehpgher bs Xnaan'f fgbel naq Zvfhmh'f fgbel jnf cerggl avpr, OHG gurl unq gb unzzre n ebhaq crt vagb n fdhner ubyr gb qb vg, guhf fbegn xvyyvat gur bevtvany fgbel.

And oh yeah, they should make actual episodes of that Cbgngb show :D

Maceart
2005-08-10, 15:22
I saw it. Chinese fansubbed.

While the animation was quite nice, I didn't like how they used so many cutscenes to forward the plot. I also didn't like how Minagi, Michiru, and Kano were given barely any screentime.

What I DID like was how the story flowed better... and the romance in the movie made the ending much sadder (for me, at least). And hey, at least they played Aozora!

adun50
2005-08-14, 07:20
just watched the movie myself. I found it quite enjoyable. although different to the game and TV series it made some good changes. the animation I liked but the effects do get rather dull after a while. though needed more Minagi, Kano, Michiru, and Potato!

the story flowed quite well. even with a few fast forwards, it flowed nicely. but comparing this to the TV series, they are both equally good, but most people would probably be disappointed if they watched the TV series first. if they watched the movie as a standalone, they may think differently.

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-08-20, 07:09
i watched the movie yesterday. and i am fascinated. what kind of technique did they use to create these cool sun effects? i like air much (but i've never played the game ...no japanese :(

but i loved the movie. i think it's much much sader than the series. i also don't like that minag ietc. didn't really show up (just a little scene or so), but the story and the feeling in the movie is really good. at the ending song, i was not far from crying :P

Misu
2005-08-20, 14:47
I dont know, watching the movie a second time, I noticed how many times the used the sun flare/lense flair, it actually kinda got a little annoying on me. They should have probably diversified their effects a bit more, at least in my opinion.

ChronoReverse
2005-09-05, 12:43
I noticed that the FIRST time I watched it. But overall it's not bad. Very different though.

And I thought the focus on only one story is a good thing. It made the cameos even better =)

Vatina
2005-09-28, 06:00
Sorry to revive an old topic ^_^;;

But does the Air movie DVD have english subs? I figured it wouldn't have, but somewhere I read something that made me suspect otherwise.

What does the special edition include by the way?

omgwtflolz
2005-09-28, 06:27
I dont know, watching the movie a second time, I noticed how many times the used the sun flare/lense flair, it actually kinda got a little annoying on me. They should have probably diversified their effects a bit more, at least in my opinion.

I like that effect. Gives the show a distinct feel. Artsy.

zalas
2005-09-28, 08:35
Sorry to revive an old topic ^_^;;

But does the Air movie DVD have english subs? I figured it wouldn't have, but somewhere I read something that made me suspect otherwise.

What does the special edition include by the way?
It does not have English subtitles on the DVD. You might be able to extract the script from a fansub if they released a softsub, and then watch it with DVDSubber (it's like a dvd playing program that shows custom subtitles on windows). The special edition has an orchestral rendition of the soundtrack, plus a drama CD.

Asmadi
2005-09-28, 15:46
While the collector's edition includes a DVD full of TV and Theater promos for the movie and a production booklet.

Vatina
2005-09-28, 21:16
Ok, thanks for the info :)

cyborg_alberto
2005-10-16, 11:41
Unlike most part of you, I've gotten the AIR movie in RM format, translated for Brazilian fanssubers (At least it has 160 megabytes, the AVI format movie (I don't know where you can find it) has about 1 gigabyte!) using an "alternative way" (Nothin' about P2P tools, if you thought in this possibility. As I said before, E-mule eats my system resourses in secounds.). I think they've translated the Original japanese movie...

Well, the movie is good, but I prefer the anime. it's more pretty :)

see ya!

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-10-16, 11:56
i don't know. i think the movie is a bit more understadable. because:

it becomes more clear, that misuzu is a "reborn" of the girl in the air.

i mean, the whole "let's make babies" scene in air anime..how could misuzu be a "reborn" if she comes from kaharas (i forgot the name of the second girl..the one that is always with kanna) line??

and yeah..it's kinda spoiling the end with those "kanna" scenes, but so even people who haven't seen the anime/game can understand this.

and i found it much sader than the anime.

cyborg_alberto
2005-10-16, 12:12
Nothing of qoutes here :P

(mr.aufziehvogel)i don't know. i think the movie is a bit more understadable. because:

it becomes more clear, that misuzu is a "reborn" of the girl in the air.(...)

i mean, the whole "let's make babies" scene in air anime..how could misuzu be a "reborn" if she comes from kaharas (i forgot the name of the second girl..the one that is always with kanna) line??(...)

The name's Uraha :)
and you're right. The movie's storyline is more... "direct" and clear... :)

(mr.aufziehvogel)(...)and yeah..it's kinda spoiling the end with those "kanna" scenes, but so even people who haven't seen the anime/game can understand this.

and i found it much sader than the anime.

Well... for me, both are sad.
Thanks for the Brazilian fansubbers and your kick-455 RM format anime metod for 56k modem owners like me and your Kick-455 (U can forget. If I write what, in fact, I'd like write , Haeleth'll edit again. I won't wanna give more work and problem for the chef :P)!

see ya!

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-10-16, 12:35
but i have to say...i never truly understand air.. i mean..at air tv it looks like yukito comes from ryuha (the samurai ) and uraha's line. (if i am correct ryuha also had the ability to "move things") and in the movie..it looks like ryuha and kanna's line= misuzu.. i am confused now :)

maybe some of you can tell me the truth :)

cyborg_alberto
2005-10-16, 12:41
And I wanna know the truth of AIR...

Haeleth
2005-10-16, 13:29
but i have to say...i never truly understand air.. i mean..at air tv it looks like yukito comes from ryuha (the samurai ) and uraha's line. (if i am correct ryuha also had the ability to "move things") and in the movie..it looks like ryuha and kanna's line= misuzu.. i am confused now :)
Yukito is (kind of) the reincarnation of Ryuuya, and also the last descendant of Ryuuya and Uraha. Misuzu is (kind of) the reincarnation of Kanna.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-10-16, 23:19
Yukito is (kind of) the reincarnation of Ryuuya, and also the last descendant of Ryuuya and Uraha. Misuzu is (kind of) the reincarnation of Kanna.

Their true significance is rather up in the air at this point.