neo-kun
2005-07-30, 21:39
what is a good anime that is not licenced and not over PG-13

Haeleth
2005-07-31, 02:42
AIR, of course! :p

Maceart
2005-07-31, 09:20
Course, there's still Kanon, Da Capo, PlanetES, MAHORABA, Bottle Fairy, Uninhabited Planet SURVIVE, Pita-ten, Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar, Cowboy Bebop, etc. etc.

Now you know the intricacy of your question? N_N

emperor
2005-07-31, 11:54
At least tiny snow fairy sugar is licensed, bebop as well. Others might be licensed as well...but I don't know.
(Unnecessary additional information:Go to sites like animenfo to get to know if something is licensed or look at the fansub crew's website.)

JudicatorOmega
2005-07-31, 13:16
Da Capo is an anime series? I know its a romance thing, but can someone tell me what this game/anime is about?

emperor
2005-07-31, 13:40
I wouldn't ask...most could be spoilerish, the most 'characteristic thing' thing maybe... Anyways you can always read getchu's infomartion page [knowing that you are 18+). It should contain basic information about the setting and the characters.

Maceart
2005-08-01, 16:23
Da Capo rules! If you like Kanon, AIR, KGNE and other bishoujo game anime conversions, then you should watch Da Capo. About this dweeby guy named Jyunichi with his none blood related sister Nemu and gay buddy Suginami.

There's a second season of it out now, actually.

emperor
2005-08-01, 16:50
I hadn't heard of the second season yet...though judging from animenfo it is, as expected non-game related stuff. This as to be expected since Da Capo 2 is not yet out...and so far no info other than it will come were revealed by circus northern.

zalas
2005-08-02, 00:43
The second season is so bad ( at least the first episode ). Way too much service and not really much content.

Nanatuha
2005-08-02, 05:01
How about Cyberformula Sin?

It has some defects, It's difficult to understand background of characters only in this because this is one of series / there are a bit too much bankscenes, however it's still an exciting racing animation which outstands in the representation of fight can't allow to be defeated.
To be honest, ZERO of this series is hotter about story though, but graphics is somewhat old when seeing now.

Cyberformula Sin (5 volumes of DVD/VHS)
http://www.b-ch.com/contents/cyber_f_sin/index.html (Japanese site)

Cyberformula ZERO (8 volumes of DVD/VHS)
http://www.b-ch.com/contents/cyber_f_zero/index.html (Japanese site)

If you prefer a short story and don't mind fisticuff, Hajime no Ippo Champion Road.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3470

adun50
2005-08-02, 05:58
Da Capo Second Season is actually more funnier than the first season so far. though there is also more interaction between the characters as opposed to just the protagonist amongst the individual girls. but I like it because of Kotori :)

Misu
2005-08-02, 08:44
I would have to agree with adun. I'm enjoying D.C.S.S. right now more than D.C., its really nice to get a good perspective on the other characters, especially seeing how Kotori thinks on the situations that Junnichi gets himself into. Plus I cant wait to see that pink bear character (who's name I forgot ><) get animated ^~.

Maceart
2005-08-02, 16:16
Except I don't really like how the second season makes out Jyunichi to be some kind of pimp with all those girls in his harem. I like the dweeby him in the first season better.

Still, Suginami is still the best!

Keisuke
2005-08-02, 16:20
Mizuiro (all age version) is pretty good. Although the story of this Anime is VERY Kanon-ish.

Hikari Tsukishiro
2005-08-02, 20:21
I lol'ed at the Hiyori scene near the end.
Am I a bad person?

Stranger
2005-08-02, 22:28
how about "Aishiteru ze Baby" (subbed by Lunar). Nice stroy, 26 epsodes, and I for 1 am waiting for the 2nd season (if ever).

<strike>and "Ayashi No Ceres", I don't think there is a bittorrent for it, any way the way I got it was [by using one of the techniques we don't mention here]. This is one of the few animes out there that actual *finish* the story, and make the ending in a way that if there ever is a 2nd season, then it is to do with the kids, and not the current charecters. Old, but extermely good.</strike>

"Da Capo" is very good, and I for one am happy about the fan-service that appered in the 2nd season (and even if no one release script for it, I will get the DVD.... *hopeing for extra fanservice*). zalas's point is valid, but it is still begging, hopfully it will get better.

<strike>"Fruits Basket" is also very good and funny, and the ending is almost complete. Although I doubt there there will ever be a 2nd season. </strike>

"Futakoi" and "Futakoi Alternative", both are halrous (well whatever the spelling of extra funy). Both sersies are not realted, but I'll recommand that you watch both. But I have to admit, both seem to take a very serase twist near the end.

P.S. to me no list is ever complete without referince to "3x3 Eyes". Licened and release by Manga. I don't know when they will ever make this into a TV serices, but I have been waiting for years, and will countine to wait. And also "Akira" (Licened by Manga).... this one is what actual made me watch anime, until I watched Akira, I always thought of whatever on TV as anime, but Akira showed me that their *more* anime out there that is not shown on TV (well non-asian TV)

update: the above stiked out serise turned out to be licened... sorry about the p2p link

Shii
2005-08-03, 00:00
Azumanga Daioh, you heathens.

Also Haibane Renmei.

zalas
2005-08-03, 02:54
how about "Aishiteru ze Baby" (subbed by Lunar). Nice stroy, 26 epsodes, and I for 1 am waiting for the 2nd season (if ever).
Too bad a.f.k. went truly afk and never finished subbing it.

and "Ayashi No Ceres", I don't think there is a bittorrent for it, any way the way I got it was [using a method we don't talk about here]. This is one of the few animes out there that actual *finish* the story, and make the ending in a way that if there ever is a 2nd season, then it is to do with the kids, and not the current charecters. Old, but extermely good.

This has been available commercially for a while in R1.

"Fruits Basket" is also very good and funny, and the ending is almost complete. Although I doubt there there will ever be a 2nd season. (note: am note sure if this one have been licened or not).

Available in official box set form for cheap. I got mine at a discount and it ended up being like the price of one or two DVDs at MSRP. (It's 4 DVDs for all 26 eps)

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-08-04, 10:04
love hina, onegai teacher+ onegai twins, azumanga daioh, paranoia agent (weird), serial experiments lain (weird), boogiepop phantom (weird), kino no tabi, he is my master and my latest fav. futakoi alternative. (man this series feels nostagic) :)

Slipgate
2005-08-04, 15:00
Are you certain all of those are PG-13? That was one of the criteria too. (Spoilers for some shows follow)

Onegai Twins is suggestive of an incestuous relationship until they find out there isn't one. But the fact they were confronting the issue puts that at a bit higher.

I definitely think Boogiepop Phantom, at least episode 4, is questionable on the "friendly" scale the original poster desired. He is my Master is totally ecchi comedy beyond the original poster's scale.

The rest I either have no beef with or don't know anything about to have a beef.

ChronoReverse
2005-08-04, 17:15
Kamichu. Only three episodes have been subbed so far though.

darklegion
2005-08-04, 20:15
Also Haibane Renmei.

That was a decent series, but I did not like the way that it ended one bit.The series hinted at so much early on but came up with so little in the end.

zalas
2005-08-04, 20:21
Kamichu. Only three episodes have been subbed so far though.
I wish someone with better translations would sub it ._. Oh well, maybe it'll get licensed quickly <_<;

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-08-05, 04:54
oh sorry, i haven't read that part with PG-13.

hmmm haibane renmai is really good. also yokohama kaidashi kikou 1998 ova and yokohama kaidashi kikou - quiet country cafe ova.

hmm....mahou tsukai ni taisetsu na koto (or something like that ;) ..also called somedays dreamers.

kamichu is really good. i like it very much (have the hdtv version and subbed it to german :P)

i think the ghibli movies are really good.

Shii
2005-08-08, 19:43
That was a decent series, but I did not like the way that it ended one bit.The series hinted at so much early on but came up with so little in the end.What, you wanted it to answer all your questions? My good man, consider what that would mean for a minute.

Valkyrie
2005-08-09, 02:07
chrno crusade, fullmetal alchemist....these 2 are not too bad too....although licensed already. =.="

rodan
2005-08-09, 06:33
Arghh.... Everyone beat me....
Not much more to say.... Unless He is my Master counts as PG-13....><

Whatever. These have already been mentioned, but Azumanga, Mahoraba, and Da Capo are good. DCSS is awesome enough with more Suginami.

Oh yeah, Bleach is good, but it has some pretty excesive blood.

Haeleth
2005-08-09, 06:50
And don't forget Omishi Mahou Gekijou Risky ☆ Safety! 萌ちゃんモエ~

(The only anime for which I have a complete first-edition set. Possibly more worrying is that I'm willing to admit it.)

ChronoReverse
2005-08-09, 20:25
Oh oh oh. Here's another good one. Honey and Clover (Hachimitsu to Clover).

adun50
2005-08-09, 23:33

i agree, I laugh so much when watching Honey & Clover. though I am surprised it is a 26 ep series, but its all good, more laughter to come.

07ChanF
2005-08-10, 02:50
Mahoraba is a very good series. Got no fanservice or blood in it. Something that is good, but is rare these days. I can really only think of only one other anime that is similar or has the same feel but it got licenced awhile ago.
(BTW It's Ah!My Goddess TV)

ChronoReverse
2005-08-10, 06:56

i agree, I laugh so much when watching Honey & Clover. though I am surprised it is a 26 ep series, but its all good, more laughter to come.

Apparently, a lot of material was cut from the manga even so I don't think it's bad that it'll be 26 episodes.

Honey and Clover isn't just funny (the comic relief is placed excellently) but the whole story is somewhat bittersweet. In any case, I started watching it without any idea what it's going to be about (because some people seemed to really like it) and I turned out liking it too.

Slipgate
2005-08-10, 07:09
Okay, I'm going to do it. I'm going to make a suggestion. Although it is licensed, it should be getting thinpak-ed soon (and anyway, I won't ask how you got it).

Angelic Layer.

The manga sucks.

The anime.... is beautiful.

I'll gladly debate anyone who disagrees about the anime :).

It's PG-13, family friendly, and supersweet.

Stranger
2005-08-10, 21:31
if we are going to talk about licended anime then I highly recommand "Chobits".

Nice story, and well constracted charecters, and the charecters had their own relationships among themselives (not simple binding all charecters to the main charecters).

neo-kun
2005-08-11, 02:55
it cant be licenced, someone asked me to help them find anime for their internet TV which shows unlicenced anime

Stranger
2005-08-11, 18:28
it cant be licenced, someone asked me to help them find anime for their internet TV which shows unlicenced animeam not sure... but if you are going to *broad cast* the anime.. then at the very least you will need the *Japanese* licence. Which mean (in this case) you will need to licence the anime from the japanese company... I think. (unless you wish to be sued, downloading anime is NOT the same as broadcasting it.... I think).

P.S. am ignorant on this subject, so feel free to ignore me.

Haeleth
2005-08-12, 04:40
Any copying of any copyrighted material without permission is illegal. Whether the material has been licensed in your country or not makes no difference; whether you are downloading or broadcasting makes no difference; whether you are selling it or doing it for free makes no difference. The likelihood of your being sued or prosecuted for it will fluctuate depending on the above factors, as will whether you're committing a criminal offence or merely a civil offence, but if you live in a country that respects international copyright law, it is never legal unless you have the permission of the copyright holder, period.

This thread can remain open for the purpose of recommending anime, but please don't discuss any details of unauthorised distribution. There's places like Animesuki for that.

Iriliane
2005-08-12, 10:20
I personally quite enjoyed Fruits Basket despite the strangeness involved with the zodiac curse. It has been licensed and released by Funimation with 7 episodes per DVD. Which is, in my humble opinion, quite generous.

I also enjoyed Harukanaru Toki no Naka de(a reverse harem series similar to Fushigi Yugi). It has not been licensed or completely translated(legally or otherwise) to english so that may prove a problem to your enjoyment of it.

New
2005-08-12, 14:48
There's places like Animesuki for that.

XD

Mamotte Shugogetten. Yamanobe= the best. And maybe Kaori too.

Full Metal Panic. Maho Sensei Negima. Love Hina... just get the blasted manga.

AIR. Kanon. When it eventually comes out (I'm sure it'll happen), Clannad.

GOKUJOU SEITOKAI!!!!!

Full Metal Alchemist... if you didn't read the manga. And vice versa.

And Evangelion.