PDA

View Full Version : The Kanon Topic

JudicatorOmega
2005-07-16, 12:27
Haeleth, can we please get another Kanon project update? I'm just curious as to what has been going on for the past 8 months.

For those who don't know; the last project update was mid-October 2004, where 90% was translated and only about 60% was edited. You find this information @ http://www.haeleth.net/kanon.html under the "Project status" section.

----

Otherwise, to avoid killing the topic instantly...

The other day I went to a card shop and saw these "Japanese Deck Boxes" that costed $7 for two (as in, you have to buy 2 of them because they are packaged together). They had one for all 5 of the main characters of Kanon and one for Kano. Misuzu and Minagi were sold out I guess. They were very nice indeed!

I would have bought some, but he only cards I have are e-Reader cards for the GBA.

Haeleth
2005-07-16, 12:38
That page is out of date... sorry!

Things have proceeded. Translation is basically complete, apart from a couple of scenes. But I've tightened up my definition of "edited", which pushes that down to about 20%. (Don't worry - the outcome is going to be a much, much more readable script! ^_^)

A lot of recent non-editing work has been related to Standard Edition compatibility; see the thread Fun with RealLive (http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php?t=273) if you missed it. That's basically done except for hypertext (which is proving tricky to implement), and I'm now able to build all 12 versions of the game from one script, which I'm sure you'll agree is handy. ;)

Other related work has involved the installer; the next version will have an attractive GUI option on Linux/BSD and OS X to complement the Windows version, and will also probably handle installing the game too if necessary.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-07-16, 14:02
Wow, I didn't initially think that there would be 12 seperate versions, but if you're doing both All-Ages and 18+ versions of the CD and DVD releases on 3 platforms, I guess that does add up to 12! O_O

Keep up the good work - someone should definately be paying you for this!

Haeleth
2005-07-16, 14:24
Actually the other 8 are various versions of the voice patch for the AVG32 versions (all combinations of adult/all-age, with/without multichannel sound, and with/without spoken "Yuuichi"). The patches thus produced are as cross-platform as possible - they include code that dynamically detects which interpreter is running them and selects which functionality to enable based on that.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-07-16, 15:23
Ah, I see. Either way, that's still a lot of work! On a related note to the voice patch, is there a version that works with the Standard Edition? It's mostly a question of curiousity, I suppose, as I have neither a Broadband Adaptor to rip the files from a Dreamcast, nor do I have the Dreamcast edition of Kanon.