PDA

View Full Version : Detective Club

Koki
2005-06-11, 06:09
Just finished this gem after staying awake till 5 in the morning... I just couldnt stop. This hadnt happened in quite some time, thanks a lot Haeleth : )

Two doubts:

- Does anyone knows how to max out the Ayumi love counter? I got 15 out of 20 I think.
- Could anyone suggest any other title in this style ? This is the first time I play a "detective" kinda game.

Thanks!

Haeleth
2005-06-17, 07:13
Just finished this gem after staying awake till 5 in the morning... I just couldnt stop. This hadnt happened in quite some time, thanks a lot Haeleth : )
Thank demi, not me - I just helped with the text, he did all the cool stuff. ^_^

- Does anyone knows how to max out the Ayumi love counter? I got 15 out of 20 I think.
There's a page here (http://homepage1.nifty.com/detective-m/document/famitan/npextra-3.html) that claims to have identified what's necessary - but (a) I haven't tested it, and (b) it's in Japanese. Testing and translating it are on my "to do" list... heaven only knows when I'll get round to either, though...

- Could anyone suggest any other title in this style ? This is the first time I play a "detective" kinda game.
Well, there are the other games in the series ("Kieta Koukeisha" for FDS/GBA, and "Yuki ni kieta kako" for SFC/Satellaview). Neither is available in English currently. You could also search for games with the key phrases "tantei" (detective) or "satsujin jiken" (murder case) in their titles, but again, they'll all be in Japanese. Shading away from detection and into horror, there are titles like "Kamaitachi no yoru"*, "Otogirisou", and so forth... same goes for them too, of course. ;_;

If you want to encourage the appearance of this kind of game in English, grab a copy of "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" when it comes out for Nintendo DS soon. Grab a DS first if you need to. It's a port of one fo the "Gyakuten Saiban" games, which are legal thrillers in a reasonably similar mould, only with court action as well. Nobody can afford to be without it.

As far as other games in this style, already out, and already in English go... I think it's pretty much going to be limited to what Western publishers have produced. Er... there was a pretty good Sherlock Holmes adventure in the early 90s...

* Great name - it means something like "night of the invisible weasel".