PDA

View Full Version : insani release Hanihani demo

Haeleth
2005-06-03, 03:27
Details and downloads here (http://www.insani.org/hanihani.html). It's the usual insani stuff - they've put together a nice polished package (multi-platform, no less).

And, as usual, a precisely 0% chance that they'll go on and do the full thing. But all you English speakers should play it anyway, if only to give yourselves an opportunity to curse your bad luck not to have been born in Japan. :p

Nanatuha
2005-06-03, 04:12
Good job! and it's called as odd omission Hanihani even in English. XD

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-06-03, 06:02
thanks. yeah. i like the anime version.

and there is also a mac version yeah :)

gp32
2005-06-03, 06:07
I'd avoided spamming this forum with news of our localization because, well, it didn't seem appropriate -- as far as I could tell, this forum is mainly Key-centered, and, uh, as amusing as Hanihani's dialogue is, August Soft's writing team isn't anywhere near the caliber of, say, Yuuichi Suzumoto.

But if it *is* appropriate to announce our localizations (that are not Key-centered) here, I'll make sure to do so in the future.

Oh, by the way. I doubt it really interests too many of you, but since our builds of ONScripter are fairly stock [we only added functionality like, well, proper window closure code and working fullscreen toggles for Win32 and OS X (an aside on this -- SDL_WM_ToggleFullScreen only works when the windowing system happens to be X11)], you can use them to play NScripter-based games in the target OS's as well. Now, for Win32 it doesn't matter -- after all, all NScripter-based games are released for Windows -- but if you happen to be, like, one of the three eroge fans out there who run OS X as a primary operating system, well, the catalog of games that are playable on your OS without too much hassle (I say this because while there are builds of ONScripter OS X floating around, they generally require you to install all manner of shared libraries, and are outdated builds at that) has just gone from 0 to ... a lot.

Speaking of which, I'd be interested to hear whether our OS X binary works under 10.2.

Note that if you don't know Japanese, this still helps you not one bit at all :P

Finally, special thanks go out to Haeleth, without whom the release of this localization in the polished state that I daresay that it's in would have been impossible.

Haeleth
2005-06-03, 08:33
But if it *is* appropriate to announce our localizations (that are not Key-centered) here, I'll make sure to do so in the future.
I don't see why you shouldn't. They're something that's likely to interest the majority of the regulars here, after all.

Spiritsnare
2005-06-05, 17:05
Thanks for the translation! I'm downloading it right now :3

(addendum: I got birthday money, so I plan to go ahead and get my li'l prepaid credit card with that, so then I can finally buy planetarian and use your patch for great justice =3)

gp32
2005-06-05, 18:50
All your heart are belong to Reverie! </eggplant mushroom>

Roto
2005-06-05, 21:42
I enjoyed playing through the demo. Unfortunately, it just left me wanting to see more. Almost like that's what it's supposed to do ;)

The Mac version worked perfectly, too. Very cool.

kouryuu
2005-06-05, 21:43
(addendum: I got birthday money, so I plan to go ahead and get my li'l prepaid credit card with that, so then I can finally buy planetarian and use your patch for great justice =3)

You will indeed grow to love Revvie! <3

but on topic,

whats the deal with nonohara-sensei? Is she in fact young, or she really THAT short?
And is it just me, or is it Obvious that nao-kun is really yuusuke?

on another topic, while im not gonna expect a patch anytime soon (though I would love one now that i played the demo...) does anyone know if there are, or where you can find a translation? (something like a txt file you could just open and read as you played or something?)

Haeleth
2005-06-06, 00:41
</eggplant mushroom>
あいつって、ゆめみと一体どんな関係があるんですか?

while im not gonna expect a patch anytime soon (though I would love one now that i played the demo...) does anyone know if there are, or where you can find a translation? (something like a txt file you could just open and read as you played or something?)
Nope, 'fraid not. AFAIK there's nothing of the sort.

gp32
2005-06-06, 04:53
あいつって、ゆめみと一体どんな関係があるんですか?

ああ、そいつじゃなくて...

茄子のように、茸(雲?(笑))のように、planetarianは体にいいんです。

キッコマソのいう通りです:「からだにいいんだぜ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!」

while im not gonna expect a patch anytime soon (though I would love one now that i played the demo...) does anyone know if there are, or where you can find a translation? (something like a txt file you could just open and read as you played or something?)
That would be a true Operation Lobotomy -_-

emperor
2005-06-06, 05:52
on another topic, while im not gonna expect a patch anytime soon (though I would love one now that i played the demo...) does anyone know if there are, or where you can find a translation? (something like a txt file you could just open and read as you played or something?)
Is this...seriously asking for a ..um.. full version text file translation? Considering somebody bothered to do the demo version...why would a full translation exist? And I sort of think that translations for ren'ai games only in text document style is rather...uncommon for pc ones? I only remember a sakura wars translation for dc only to be as a text document but aside from that ...[and yes I do know that I know nothing; and no I shall not count xenosaga, or other text-fantranslated games here, as they are not even closely related to normal ren'ai games]... And also considering one would know about something huge as that...maybe. Anyways that is only the confusion if I really understood that question correctly. Mainly I'm wondering where one could even buy the full version to begin with. Himeya doesn't offer it. Or can one just order at amazon.co.jp and make them ship to Europe? :P

gp32
2005-06-06, 06:17
Himeya doesn't offer it.

Um, that's not true. (http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/411) (Warning: link not work-safe)

emperor
2005-06-06, 06:19
My apologies, I only entered higashi and higasi and ひがし and 東 in the search ...Isn't what they list it as the SUBTITLE? But okay, my fault.

gp32
2005-06-06, 06:20
What do you expect from an import company that uses BABELFISH to generate its game descriptions? ^^

emperor
2005-06-06, 06:22
A romanization like in the titles for other names is what I do expect, and an index that makes the target group find the products maybe...[wishful thinking].

gp32
2005-06-06, 06:24
Yeah, it *would* be nice if they had a consistent policy over this, wouldn't it? My guess is that they're being lazy here.

adun50
2005-06-06, 07:00
whats the deal with nonohara-sensei? Is she in fact young, or she really THAT short?
And is it just me, or is it Obvious that nao-kun is really yuusuke?

well if you want answers to this, I suggest you watch the anime. most of the answers you are looking for can be found there. though I can answer it for you but I am very tired at the moment.

funnily enough I started playing the full version a week before the release of the translated demo. though I am a bit behind of what is in the demo, damn uni work.

oh and btw: Mikoto (http://members.westnet.com.au/adun50/images/mikoto.jpg)

Nanatuha
2005-06-06, 07:20
‚ ‚¢‚‚Á‚Ä?A‚ä‚߂݂ƈê‘Ì‚Ç‚ñ‚ÈŠÖŒW‚ª‚ ‚é‚ñ‚Å‚·‚©?H

‚ ‚ ?A‚»‚¢‚‚¶‚á‚È‚­‚Ä...

‰ÖŽq‚̂悤‚É?A‘ù?i‰_?H?i?Î?j?j‚̂悤‚É?Aplanetarian‚Í‘Ì‚É‚¢‚¢‚ñ‚Å‚·?B

ƒLƒbƒRƒ}ƒ\‚Ì‚¢‚¤’Ê‚è‚Å‚·?F?u‚©‚炾‚É‚¢‚¢‚ñ‚¾‚º„ª„ª„ª„ª(ß?Íß)„ª„ª„ª„ª?I?v

What way to pick you on is your favorite?

gp32
2005-06-06, 07:41
What way to pick you on is your favorite?
Naturally, with a giant paper fan.

kouryuu
2005-06-06, 09:10
oh and btw: Mikoto (http://members.westnet.com.au/adun50/images/mikoto.jpg)

that's pretty cool. and BTW, is that supposed to be Potato behind her?

adun50
2005-06-06, 16:21
that's pretty cool. and BTW, is that supposed to be Potato behind her?

yeah this figure came with August Soft's "ALL OVER the AUGUST" artbook (though not really an artbook since its only a few pages long). I happen to find this when I was going to the city to look for a book at Kinokuniya, but stopped by one of the smaller shop and found this.

and yes that is Potato sitting in the background. until I have enough money to afford a second LCD monitor, Potato will remain there. more Air merchandise to come!