PDA

View Full Version : majipuri full version

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-05-22, 03:53
i just finished majipuri trail. the "special" is soo funny :)

is there a english translation for the full version?

Haeleth
2005-05-22, 05:52
Nope, I'm afraid not -- and to the best of my knowledge nobody is even planning one, let alone working on it.

As a summary, AFAIK the only PC bishoujo game for which there is currently a full translation available is Planetarian. The only other works for which full translations are nearly complete, that I know of, are Kanon and Wind ~a breath of heart~. Good progress is being made on Tsukihime. Partial patches exist for Mizuiro, Gin'iro, and AIR. Other games being worked on include Clannad and Fate/stay night, but their status is unclear.

(Corrections to the above are welcome; I'm sure I've missed a few.)

gp32
2005-05-22, 08:22
Having worked with alamone on the Majipuri trial translation, I can state that (a) he and I have no plans to do any more work on Majipuri, and that (b) he has no plans whatsoever to continue his Mizuiro translation, either.

And since we at insani generally do not work on full versions of games, don't expect to see us "continuing" any of the other projects we have already completed.

Soulfang
2005-05-22, 09:48
Clannad...?

Hmm...

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-05-22, 12:06
@gp32: sorry if i ask that, but what meaning has it, to translate the trail version of a game (translate= promote it in the "western world") and then all the poor people (like me) who can't read japanese, can't play the full version?

i don't wand you to misunderstand me, i am grateful to you and alamone for translating this wonderful game (maji is my fav. game). i can imagine, that it must be real hard work to translate a game, and i would help, if i could read japanese, but i can't. i also can understand, that it is a question of time, and we all have to work/school, and didn't have the time to translate a game etc.

but i think it would be good to translate a full game. is there nobody,who would like to help with the translations ( i am thinking of people from anime-fansub groups, who could be also interestet in this)

i just finished maji TRIAL and i like it much. i would buy the full game and would like to know, how the story goes on. (i hope they don't destroy the good atmosphere from the TRIAL with too many H-scenes)

gp32
2005-05-22, 12:52
@gp32: sorry if i ask that, but what meaning has it, to translate the trail version of a game (translate= promote it in the "western world") and then all the poor people (like me) who can't read japanese, can't play the full version?

Your assumption -- and it's one that I *cannot* tolerate -- is that we're doing this *for* you fanboys. We are not. We are translating things because we enjoy the process of translation. And that is all there is to it.

As I have stated elsewhere, if you or anybody else gains any pleasure out of anything we at insani have done, that's a strictly secondary side effect that is beyond our control.

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-05-22, 13:09
oh, sorry. i didn't know that. i thought it "should be" some kind of "fansub group for bishoujo games".

i only have one question about the process of translating the game.

is there any programming knowledge needed, to do this? or is it all about translating from jap -> english?

because maybe i ould find some people, who would translate it, if there is no programming knowledge needed.

gp32
2005-05-22, 13:10
Some programming knowledge is required, but alamone and I have already done the hard part for you. Go over here (http://www.ayashii.com/majipuri/tools/) and look around -- you'll find all the tools you'd need to start your own translation of Majipuri.

ChocoEd
2005-05-23, 16:17
sorry if i ask that, but what meaning has it, to translate the trail version of a game (translate= promote it in the "western world") and then all the poor people (like me) who can't read japanese, can't play the full version?

Besides the reasons that gp32 already mentioned, it would also be nice if the availability of our demos raised the awareness of such games among companies (and their customers) who might be in a position to license them and bring them to English-speaking audiences "for real".

In other words, our demo translations are just the first step in the long process of bringing these games overseas, so we don't feel the need to try to finish things ourselves by doing full translations. Our time is better spent targeting a fairly broad number of games in a shallow fashion rather than concentrating a lot of effort on complete translations of just a few that (a small number of) people would have to purchase from Himeya to play.

So if you liked the Majipuri demo, send a little note to your favorite game publisher to encourage them to license it! :)

mr.aufziehvogel
2005-06-01, 03:19
yeah, but the chance, that the publisher will licence it...is close to 0%