PDA

View Full Version : Okaeri nasai Haeleth-san!

Slipgate
2005-05-18, 15:05
What the subject said :).

New
2005-05-18, 15:34
... Being Japanese illiterate...

What?

curlyconnor
2005-05-18, 15:37
I think "Welcome back, Haeleth-san", considering the circumstances (Haeleth just returned from Germany), and my limited knowledge of Japanese.

Haeleth
2005-05-18, 15:38
You got it.

This thread will be graced with the full terrible tale of my excursion when I wake up later today... -.-~zzZZ

adun50
2005-05-18, 16:27
welcome back Haeleth. hope you had fun on your business trip to Germany

dgreater1
2005-05-18, 17:21
Wai! Okaeri Boss-chan!

K
2005-05-18, 19:16
"chan"?

Haeleth?

"chan"?

Well... all right.

kouryuu
2005-05-18, 20:23
okaeri nasai!

please, regale us with your tells of fun, adventure, horror, love, and nobility from germany!

^^

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-18, 20:30
"chan"?

Haeleth?

"chan"?

Well... all right.

Heh, I saw that too.

Dgreater1, the suffix -chan on names is, without going into the sometimes complex Japanese naming conventions, usually reserved for female friends younger than oneself.

kouryuu
2005-05-18, 20:34
Heh, I saw that too.

Dgreater1, the suffix -chan on names is, without going into the sometimes complex Japanese naming conventions, usually reserved for female friends younger than oneself.

Now here's the real question:

How many forum members believe , without ever having asked, that X person they're talking to is female, despite the fact that he's not?

granted, GSL, your picture post makes it obvious in your case, but

I'll admit to being guilty of that. Our AVIs don't help :)

Slipgate
2005-05-18, 20:35
Well, not always female, but always affectionate :).

So uh... unless you know something we don't about Haeleth.... san is probably a better idea.

Of course, this is coming from the forum liberally using sama with fictional characters that wouldn't give us the time of day :). (sama is very respectful, super respectful.... like old fashioned wife to her husband/master respectful)

New
2005-05-18, 21:14
You got it.

This thread will be graced with the full terrible tale of my excursion when I wake up later today... -.-~zzZZ

... Where's my red-headed, half-german half-Japanese feisty female Eva pilot? :P

Haeleth
2005-05-19, 00:41
One word describes my impression of Germany: heavy. Heavy rain and heavy food. Feel free to appreciate the irony of a Briton criticising another country for its cuisine and weather...

But the people were lovely. Sorry guys, Asuka wasn't around.

To cut a fairly long story very short, my client - a publishing house in the Hesse region is all I can say - had commissioned me to fix a couple of typefaces that had been left unfinished, and they figured it would be quicker if I was on-site. Hardware was nice. Most folk seemed to be using droolsome dual-G5 systems (me want! Anyone got a spare?). As a junior consultant what they gave me was rather older, but it was still a quite usable setup. Even if my office did appear to be a hastily-converted broom cupboard (http://haeleth.net/temp/office.jpg). They wanted the fonts done in ancient Fontographer for some reason, but thankfully I did have the usual CS stuff to do actual work in. ^^;

Oh, and I got to visit the original Castle Frankenstein, which was quite fun - apparently the locals still haven't figured out what all the fuss is about.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-19, 19:43
Ooh, nevermind Asuka, you should've smuggled back a few of those dual G5s!

Did you by chance get any nice pictures of the castle? Those would be neat to see. As for the locals not knowing what the fuss is about, they could be A) so fed up with tourism aimed towards the castle that they feign ignorance, or B) all working together to cover up the secret, diabolical experiments that still go on to this day in the depths of the castle!

I think B is more likely.

Aldareon
2005-05-20, 03:31
If we don't hear from you in a month then we can only assume you were right. Actually, now that I mentioned that fact, I guess I would conveniently dissapear not long after .. and everyone else for that matter. Then we would be all subject to some insane human project that the germans (and japanese) have concocted. I think you get what I'm drifting at ^_^

I wonder if the castle have a tour guide. That's enough rambling from me .. I'm sure Haeleth would have a LOT of reading to do upon waking from the eternal slumber known as jet lag.

emperor
2005-05-20, 04:16
Jet lag? No he didn't cross several time zones. German time is only gmt+1, meaning one time zone different from London time.

zalas
2005-05-20, 09:06
お帰りなさい 葉レスさま (a pity you aren't translating a Leaf title, since that name would be so appropriate ;))

Spiritsnare
2005-05-20, 19:15
Welcome back, Haeleth. So good to have you with us again. :D

Now you can torture us with more of those hard 20 Questions games.

Aldareon
2005-05-21, 01:38
Jet lag? No he didn't cross several time zones. German time is only gmt+1, meaning one time zone different from London time.
Hmm .. oh yeah! I didn't take the distance between source and destination into account. Must have slipped my mind. Should have noticed it from the quick replies as well. Guess my mind does not want to do any more thinking at the end of the day. Thank you for correcting me ^_^

kouryuu
2005-05-22, 12:05
Welcome back, Haeleth. So good to have you with us again. :D

Now you can torture us with more of those hard 20 Questions games.

:) They're fun though!