PDA

View Full Version : Key fanfics, anyone?

hir
2005-05-14, 10:47
Hi folks.

I was wondering if there are any demand for Kanon/Air fanfics around.
I looked around in fanfiction.net and google, but the result was quite close to none.
Well this makes sense since, but I thought some people in/around this forum may find interest.

I could translate some fanfic stories here in Japan, of course with permission from theer respective authors.
If there were such stories, would anyone want to take a look?
And if so, which character(or heroine) would you like to see?

This is just a survey for now, so any reply is helpful.

Thx.

PS.
By the way I took a look on Kanon English patch. Was quite impressive, it even has footnotes! It's nice to see those familiar Kanon text in English (and a good one!), very enjoyable reading. Keep up the good work!

New
2005-05-14, 11:30
I'm considering writing one, but if I did, I know I'd end up making a Self-Insert fanfiction pairing me off with Nayuki-Sama. I'm sooo pathetic.

Slipgate
2005-05-14, 13:01
I'd be interested.

There's one site that has some Kanon fics in English.

Aldareon
2005-05-14, 17:32
Forgive me for my incompetence, but could somebody please explain to me what a fanfic is? Much appreciated ^_^

Slipgate
2005-05-14, 17:51
Fanfic is short for fan fiction. Stories written by fans in the universes of a series or a thing and potentially using those characters or ideas.

For example if I went and wrote up a little adventure for Link and Zelda, I'd be writing a Legend of Zelda fanfic. If I wrote up some dramatic events for Shinji Ikari to experience... whether it was a short piece or a long multichapter work... it would be an Evangelion fanfic.

Slipgate

zalas
2005-05-14, 19:45
If someone's crazy enough, they should translate the 'Kanna Makes a PC' thread from 2ch. Really hilarious, if you know your hardware and your Summer.

AstCd2
2005-05-14, 19:52
Refer to:
神奈様のパソコン自作日記 The 8th Summer ───
http://pie.bbspink.com/test/read.cgi/leaf/1108737708/
ぶっちゃけ無理ですっ!

kouryuu
2005-05-14, 21:55
I'd be interested. Especially if there was one for Revvie. yea, i know shes not Kanon, but sue me, i fell in love.

Tagan
2005-05-15, 03:55
but sue me, i fell in love.

*Does so*
I hereby sue you for the sum of five million dollars over the case of you falling in love with a robot. I'll see you in court.

Hikari Tsukishiro
2005-05-15, 05:43
I only know of four English fanfics.

Two of them are my crappy 15 minute story challenges, when all I have played was the first part of Misusu's story that the ATP translated, and there was no anime.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/vikitehwaffu/1258.html?mode=reply

http://www.livejournal.com/users/vikitehwaffu/1484.html?mode=reply

One of them is hosted by Uguu website.

http://animepa.csusm.edu/uguu/christmas.htm

And one of them is a valentine story by Sara Jaye.

http://www.shoujoai.com/fanfics/kanon/singval/

Slipgate
2005-05-15, 07:55
Yes, Uguu was the website I was thinking of.

hir
2005-05-15, 08:15
Thanks for the replies everyone.

>New
Well you can find stories where the author reflects himself on Yuichi...

>slipgate
If I am to introduce those stories, I guess I'll set up a blog or something.
I'll give an update when it gets ready.
Could you tell me where that site is?

>zalas & AstCd2
Yeah that Kanna-PC thread's well known. Surprised to see that name here.
You could try to tell what it means but then you'd lose the essence of it.
And you have to KNOW Summer.
Me? Guess I could try....

>Aldareon
Well Slipgate said it for me.

>kouryuu
I'm sorry I don't know who Revvie is...couldn't find anything relevant on google.

>Tagan
Wow that's a big money...
There are countless robot lovers in JP because of To Heart...catch and sue them all and you could become a zillionaire.

>Hikari
I read the stories you mentioned, very good reading. I've seen stories with similar approach in JP too.
It's good to know we're on the same ground.

Slipgate
2005-05-15, 08:33
Unfortunately, hir, I only know of Uguu's "couple" of English-language fanfics. I've never seen any Japanese ones, so anything you've got will be new to me ;).

Maceart
2005-05-15, 10:16
Revvie is short for Reverie from the awesome game/visual novel/emotional rollercoaster/ohmygod what a great story/great impact/did that just make me cry?/CG masterpiece from Key known as Planetarian ~Reverie of a Little Planet~.

And yes, she's a robot.

Eden
2005-05-15, 11:18
Posting a little late, but i'd love to read any Kanon or Air Fanfiction, i'd only heard of the one English language one on Uguu before.

Spiritsnare
2005-05-15, 14:45
Revvie is short for Reverie from the awesome game/visual novel/emotional rollercoaster/ohmygod what a great story/great impact/did that just make me cry?/CG masterpiece from Key known as Planetarian ~Reverie of a Little Planet~.

Speaking of Planetarian...this needs more info. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarian)

AstCd2
2005-05-15, 15:47

Perhaps better known in Japan as Hoshino Yumemi.
I had a difficult time working it out at first myself, not having seen the patch =P.

kouryuu
2005-05-15, 19:08
*Does so*
I hereby sue you for the sum of five million dollars over the case of you falling in love with a robot. I'll see you in court.

wah! now i can't buy my games anymore! meanie!

There are countless robot lovers in JP because of To Heart...catch and sue them all and you could become a zillionaire.

Sue everyone in Chobits ^.^ now theres money for you.

and yea, hir, I'm sorry If i confused you by using Revvie... It's a bit of a pet name for Reverie of Planetarian

Tagan
2005-05-16, 00:42
*Does so*

wah! now i can't buy my games anymore! meanie!

Sue everyone in Chobits ^.^ now theres money for you.

and yea, hir, I'm sorry If i confused you by using Revvie... It's a bit of a pet name for Reverie of Planetarian

Meanie? You told us to sue you! It would have been mean to ignore you.

Yeah, but the Chobits fans haven't asked me to sue them. I only sue people who ask me to.

hir
2005-05-16, 08:48
So they changed the name to Reverie.
(looking up the word on dictionary) I see...very well put.
I'm impressed. Sorry I haven't read it yet. Should buy it quick.

Anyways, thanks for all the opinions. I'll set up a blog on my
rent-server to put the articles up. Will post an update when ready.

New
2005-05-16, 17:38

Nah. Yuuichi doesn't deserve Nayuki or Ayu or anyone. He's a jerk. :P

neo-kun
2005-05-18, 07:05
yea i deserver them :p

New
2005-05-18, 07:26

Agreed. Nayuki-Sama is MINE. :P

Hikari Tsukishiro
2005-05-18, 10:34
There is also a Kanon/Love Hina crossover, but it kinda sucks.
They treat the girls like they were pokemon and put them in battle.
...I don't get it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1283828/1/

Spiritsnare
2005-05-20, 17:15
EDITFIXED:

Agreed. Nayuki-Sama is DEAD. (http://www.roflol.net/meow/01.jpg) :P

And Ayu-chan is mine.

...means you're not getting anything, Neo...;)

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-20, 22:14
There is also a Kanon/Love Hina crossover, but it kinda sucks.
They treat the girls like they were pokemon and put them in battle.
...I don't get it.

Sad. Love Hina is one of my favorite manga/anime, and that could have been an interesting crossover, but the Pokemon element completely ruined it. Fan-fiction often carries far too much of the 'fan' element found in 'fan'boys and 'fan'service for my taste. :(

New
2005-05-23, 20:59
Ehehe. I was chatting with GSL, and I came up with THIS idea after chatting about ROTS...

~

Vice-President Sayuri smiled as she sat in the Student Council room. It was a quiet night, but she was glad for it; it would be much different tomorrow. She would get that fool, Kuze, out of the Student Council, and then SHE would rule the school.

Suddenly, the door opened. Sayuri turned, a winning smile on her face, and looked at the people who had entered. "Hello, Track Club Leader Nayuki." she looked at the others. "Aizawa-Kun. The Misaki sisters." Sayuri nodded to each of them in turn, and looked back to Nayuki, who stood in front. "I take it that you won the track meet."

Nayuki reached behind her, pulling out Keropii. On her left, Shiori started moving to the side, pulling two box cutters out of her pocket. Kaori moved a bit further, and put up a boxing stance. On her right, Yuuichi moved a bit to the side, and pulled out two pencil cases. "In the name of the Student Council, you're under arrest, Vice President." Sayuri raised an eyebrow.

"Are you threatening me, Minase-San?" Sayuri asked, her voice taking on a strange tone unbefitting of her. Nayuki growled.

"The Student Council will decide your detention time." Nayuki said, and the others by her stiffened in their resolve. Sayuri giggled.

"Ahahaha. I AM the Student Council." she replied. Nayuki's brow furrowed.

"Not yet." Nayuki replied. Sayuri giggled again, and a Wand appeared from her sleeve.

"It's insubordination, then." she said, and lept forward. Instantly, all four of the arresters raised their defenses, and with a graceful landing, like a necoconeco, Sayuri landed and raised her wand. There was a moment of tension, and then Kaori moved first, a one-two punch towards Sayuri's head. Sayuri ducked, and rapped both of Kaori's knees. With an eep, both of her knees kicked, and Kaori fell down, hitting her head on the door.

Shiori was next. She raised her box cutters, and with a scream, moved to avenge her sister. Sayuri simply parried with ease, and bonked her on the head. Shiori went down.

Nayuki and Yuuichi moved at the same time, causing Sayuri to step back, parrying Keropii and dodging left to avoid the pencil case. Sayuri feinted towards Nayuki, causing her to raise Keropii in defense, and causing Yuuichi to raise his weapon to hit Sayuri. Sayuri quickly swapped targets, and smacked Yuuichi in the solar pelux, causing him to hunch over and collapse.

And then, Nayuki proceeded in the most furious battle she'd ever been in. Parrying and thrusting with Keropii, she fought, dodging and moving, always on the move. As the fight went on, the two ended up next to the windows, and with a single blow, Nayuki slammed Sayuri's wand out of her hand. With another smack, Nayuki bopped Sayuri onto the ground, making her fall back. As the wand flew back, it went through the window, shattering it.

Sayuri shimmied back, as Nayuki stepped forward, Keropii at the ready to block whatever came her way. "You are under arrest, Vice President!" as Nayuki said this, Mai ran in, and gasped.

"Mai! See, I told you it would come to this! The Athletics club is taking over!" Sayuri shouted, facing Nayuki. Nayuki shook her head.

"You liar! The oppression of the Kurata Family will NEVER return!" she shouted, as the wind of the blizzard outside howled. "Your plot to gain control of the school has failed! You have lost!" Sayuri suddenly broke into a grin.

"No! YOU have lost!" Sayuri shouted, and suddenly a Care-Bear esque beam of pink light launched forward, slamming into Keropii, causing Nayuki to grab it with both hands and hold on for all her might. "Mai, she is a traitor!"

"She's the traitor! Stop her, Mai!" Nayuki retorted.

"Come to your senses! The Athletic's Clubs are in revolt! They will use you as a scapegoat, just as well as they have betrayed me!" Nayuki pushed forward, causing the Care Bear blast to push back into Sayuri. "You're not one of them, Mai! Don't let them take over and change the school!"

Nayuki shook her head. "Mai, don't listen to her!" the Care Bear beam slowly died down, and eventually stopped. Sayuri moaned.

"I... can't hold on anymore." Sayuri said, and her head fell. "I am too weak. I can't take anymore..." Nayuki raised Keropii for a strike.

"I shall end this once and for all, for Yuuichi!" Nayuki shouted. Mai stepped forward.

"No, don't do it!" she shouted. "She must face the PTA!" Nayuki shook her head.

"She has too much control of the PTA and the Student Council. She's too dangerous to survive!" Nayuki countered.

"P-please don't..." Sayuri gasped. Mai shook her head.

"It's not right!" Nayuki lined up her shot.

"P-please don't..."

"It's not right.. She must live... I need her..." Nayuki shouted as Keropii came bearing down...

"NOOO!" Mai screamed, and with a single slash, cut Keropii in half. Nayuki stared in shock, as stuffing flew everywhere.

"K-KEROPII!" Nayuki screamed, and suddenly Sayuri sprang to life.

"KAWAII!" She screamed, as the Care Bear beam slammed into Nayuki, shoving her out the window and down three stories through the snow. "UBER KAWAII! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

~

XD

Aldareon
2005-05-24, 02:57
Obviously, SOMEONE's just been watching the latest star wars flick. Care bears? Thought that series died many eons ago ..

Haeleth
2005-05-24, 03:06
Nothing that ends with Nayuki's death can be all bad. ;)

New
2005-05-24, 08:22
*Kicks Haeleth in the nards for the anti-Nayuki-Sama comment* Besides, I don't see how you can be so happy; Shiori 'died' too. :P It's not THAT hard to survive a 3-story-fall. I've done it before. It hurt like a *****, but I lived through it, albiet with a lotta scrapes and a wrenched ankle.

This one I came up with extempore. Which isn't always a good thing.

~

Ayu-Chan yawned as she walked through the cold shopping centre with her usual trenchcoat, sweater, shorts, boots, and headband. She was humming happily, even though she woke up a bit early. What would she do, what would she do? Suddenly, she saw Yuuichi-Kun!

"Hello, Yuuichi-Kun!" Ayu said happily, running over waving. Yuuichi turned, decked out in his school uniform.

"Hello, Ayu-Ayu." Yuuichi said, smiling. Ayu frowned.

"Uguu! Don't call me Ayu-Ayu." Ayu protested, making an incredibly cute pouty face. Yuuichi took on a confused look.

"But why not, Ayu-Ayu? It is your name." Ayu's pout came on twice as strong.

"U-uguu! It is not!" she replied, shaking her head. "It's Ayu Tsukimiya." Yuuichi chuckled.

"Oh, Ayu-Ayu, you're so silly." he said, patting her on the head. Ayu growled, although it sounded more like a purr on her. Speaking of which, Nayuki suddenly ran by.

"Come on, Yuuichi, we're going to be la- Ohh, did Ayu-Ayu just purr like a kitten?" Nayuki ran over and started hugging Ayu, much to Ayu's dismay. "Ayu-Ayu, you're so CUTE. ^_^" Nayuki said, hugging Ayu tightly.

"Uguu, my name isn't Ayu-Ayu!" Ayu protested, shaking her arms wildly to get free of Nayuki's grasp. Nayuki giggled.

"Isn't Ayu-Ayu soooo cute?" she asked, and Yuuichi nodded.

"Yes, Ayu-Ayu is so incredibly cute!" Yuuichi agreed. Ayu finally broke free of Nayuki's grasp, and started to tear up.

"Y-you all are so MEAN!" she said, and ran off. Ayu ran and ran, wondering how Yuuichi could live with himself for being such a jerk. All of a sudden, she ran into...

Shiori!

(Yes, I realize that Ayu and Shiori met for about two minutes in the game total, but bear with me here.)

"O-Ohiyo, Shiori-San." Ayu said, stopping and breathing deeply in and out. "H-how are you this morning?" she asked. Shiori smiled.

"Oh, hello, Ayu-Ayu." she said, her voice cheery. Ayu put on a pouty face again.

"U-uguu, my name is Ayu Tsukimiya. Not Ayu-Ayu." Ayu replied, giving Shiori the puppy-dog-look. Shiori giggled.

"Oh, Ayu-Ayu, you're so silly!" Shiori said, patting Ayu on the head. Ayu started tearing up.

"U-uguu! Why are you all being so mean?!" Ayu said loudly, and ran away, leaving a confused Shiori Misaki.

Eventually, Ayu-A- err, Ayu-Chan, made her way to Akiko Minase's house. She politely knocked on the door. Akiko opened it.

"Hello, Ayu-Ayu." Akiko said, smiling gently. Ayu started to tear up.

"U-uguu! My name isn't Ayu-Ayu! Why are you all being so mean..." suddenly, the others started walking up from behind her.

"We're not being mean, Ayu-Ayu!" they all said at once, and Ayu turned. "Ayu-Ayu is your name!" Ayu shook her head.

"Uguu, no, it isn't!"

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it isn't!"

"Yes, it is!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!"

~

Suddenly, Ayu woke up with a start, shouting "Noooooooo!" she looked at her surroundings. She blinked.

"I'm in Minase-San's house." Ayu said. She looked harder. "I'm at Minase-San's table." she looked at the other people. "We're having breakfast." Akiko smiled.

"Come now, Ayu-Chan, have some more rice." Akiko said, moving the rice bowl next to her. Ayu smiled, as she heard her name.

"Arigato, Minase-San!" she said, and moved her plate over to get some more rice on it. Yuuichi chuckled.

"Ayu, Ayu, falling asleep at the table. So silly." he muttered, and chuckled. Ayu snapped.

"UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" With a savage war cry, Ayu lept over the table, nearly bowling over Akiko and sleepy-Nayuki, and tackled Yuuichi off the chair.

"W-what are you doing, Ayu-Chan?!" Yuuichi shouted as Ayu knocked him over. Ayu started bopping him over the head with Keropii.

"MY NAME IS NOT AYU-AYU!!!" She shouted, bopping him over the head over and over as Akiko looked over the mess.

"So energetic, Ayu-Chan is." Akiko said, and started cleaning up the mess. Nayuki looked at Ayu and Yuuichi.

"But that's MY Keropii..."

kouryuu
2005-05-25, 00:36
Comments on the fanfics:

1) I smell lawsuits..... <.< >.> at least three of em... by major corporations...

2) wait wait wait.... you're telling me..... Yuichi..... doesn't die? T.T Now we'll never have the Kanon girls to ourselves..... T.T

Aldareon
2005-05-26, 03:18
I can spot one SERIOUS flaw in that last one .. Ayu-something-or-rather didn't tackle Yuichi as a greeting on first seeing him out on the street. Can't have an Ayu story without the tackle! ^_^

discount the table leaping thing .. that wasn't from behind!

AstCd2
2005-06-03, 06:02
I won't waste a new topic on it, but I'd just like to briefly mention an interesting little ネタ thread over on Hakagi.

It's a silly and fun little story with pictures (sort of), a somewhat stable continuity, easily digestable short plot arcs, and a healthy dose of 逆転裁判 parody.

「行政書士観鈴事務所」 Part 12
http://pie.bbspink.com/test/read.cgi/leaf/1097965210/
(The custom 2ch browsers tend to work better for the stuff that's already in the archive)
訳したら神だな(hint hint)

hir
2005-06-05, 07:47
Hi folks.

It's been a while but I managed to post up some fanfics on my blog.
Any comments, to the author or myself, is greatly appreciated.

http://www.isla-plata.org/trans/anotherway.php

More to come, so stay tuned.
The translation is not the best, I know. I guess what I need is more vocabulary. Suggestions welcome....

AstCd2>
Is that a challenge on your refering to Misuzu Jimusho?
I thought it was your specialty...(you know, legal stuffs)

And how many people here know 逆転裁判? I know what it's like but I don't have GBA.

neo-kun
2005-06-05, 13:28
wait wait wait.... you're telling me..... Yuichi..... doesn't die? T.T Now we'll never have the Kanon girls to ourselves..... T.T
oh i will soon /me loads shot gun and cookies

Slipgate
2005-06-05, 17:29
hir: どうも ありがとう ございます. I read the first piece you translated and left a comment. I have one request though. It shows my IP (in very specific terms) to all as the source of my comment. I don't mind if the owner of the blog (you) sees such information, or if it's in site logs (such as this forum's), but I'm hoping it's not publically viewable by all like that. My IP rarely if ever changes and I just don't need to invite people bothering me even if I'm firewalled.

I'll go read the second piece now.

Edit: I read it, I take it this author is (or at least was at the time) a fan of Mai/Yuuichi.

AstCd2
2005-06-06, 03:44
Hi folks.

It's been a while but I managed to post up some fanfics on my blog.
Any comments, to the author or myself, is greatly appreciated.

More to come, so stay tuned.
The translation is not the best, I know. I guess what I need is more vocabulary. Suggestions welcome....

乙です!

If you're looking for fancy vocabulary, this particular dictionary tends to turns out some colourful phrases - it works as both E→J and J→E, too.
http://www.alc.co.jp/

AstCd2>
Is that a challenge on your refering to Misuzu Jimusho?
I thought it was your specialty...(you know, legal stuffs)

And how many people here know 逆転裁判? I know what it's like but I don't have GBA.

As much as I love that thread, I haven't an ounce of confidence that I could accurately translate a Japanese legal document =P

As for 逆転裁判, it seems that they're actually bringing it over to the US, so it's not quite as unknown as one might think.
http://gba.gamespy.com/nintendo-ds/gyakuten-saiban/585499p1.html

hir
2005-06-06, 07:30
Posted some more. And I'm losing my stock fast....

Slipgate>
Sorry for the inconvenience, I wasn't aware that comments showed your hostname. I removed them from display.

AstCd2>
Wow the full trial is in English? That's a lot of work.
So it goes like "Objection your honor!"?

And thanks for the dictionary link, this is amazing! I was using MS Bookshelf Basic but it lacks the fancyness you need very much.

Slipgate
2005-06-06, 07:35
hir: It's not a problem, I was just asking :).

Thank you so much for doing this. Don't worry if you run out of things to translate, that means we can read them then! :)

I'll be reading the new ones you've done soon.

speedtouch
2005-06-08, 09:02
thank you hir for your translations, they are very enjoyable reads! :)

hir
2005-07-19, 08:43
It's been a while after the last post, just wanted to inform you I've completed a series of fanfic translation on my site.

I don't know how popular Key games (or any other dating sims) are around here, so if you have any suggestions or requests on whatever you may be interested I'd love to hear them. The fanfic author may come up with something new. He's currently working on some TH2 short stories and a long one on Angel Type.

Well the translation may have problems of its own X-(

Slipgate
2005-08-01, 14:56
Hir: I'm sorry I haven't commented in so long, I was gone for a while. I wanted to thank you for these translations. I'm not sure what else to ask you to translate, since I don't know what Key fanfics are out there and not in English. But considering your familiarity, you've done a lot to help me read some fics I didn't know about before.

zalas
2005-08-13, 22:10
I was googling for "Misuzu-chin Pinch" and found a hilarious set of comedic short stories about AIR:

http://kuji-wing.com/kbl/ItadakiSS/Y_AIR2.html