PDA

View Full Version : All's right with the world (at least in GSL Land)

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-13, 13:45
I realize this is a fairly pointless post only marginally relevant to the topic of the board, but I just had to share my uncontainable glee at what arrived in the mail today: (Horrible image quality courtesy PalmIIIc/PalmPix camera)
http://home.sou.edu/~stlouisc/GSLkanon.jpg

On one hand, I finally have a copy of my own, but on the other hand, I have to wait until Haeleth's RealLive version of the english patch, but I suppose it's better than the patch being finished and not having a copy of the game.

I also get to open up the PC and disconnect the Zip drive in order to hook the DVD-ROM back up. Whee.

kouryuu
2005-05-13, 14:42
Lol. now you've just got AIR, Clannad, Fate/Stay Night, and all the rest to go!

Spiritsnare
2005-05-13, 18:47
And [unfortunately ._.] you have to wait for a Standard Edition patch to be written!

Still - great! ^_^

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-13, 21:40
Yes, there is the waiting for the patch, but Haeleth is actively working on one alongside the AVG32 patch, so it's not like I just have to hope someone picks it up.

And yeah, I now have Kanon and Planetarian, but still intend to pick up Clannad (though I'm hoping for some sort of cheaper re-release), the Air Standard Edition For All-Ages when it's released, Fate/stay night, One, Tsukihime (if possible), and a handful of others I can't remember at the time. Unfortunately, Kanon and Planetarian were the cheap ones - the cd-based Air for All-Ages is $58 at Himeya, One and Clannad both weigh in around $70, and F/SN is a whopping $82. Thank goodness it's almost summer, meaning no school and more work, but at those prices it's still going to be a while before I get all of the titles I want. :(

kouryuu
2005-05-13, 22:09
wow...
I thought I'd i try and find a site other than himeya, that might sell the games cheaper, so I could help you out some...

Amazing how i couldn't...
but everyone and their uncles sells the Fate/Stay Night Figures, and apparently Clannad is an Irish Celtic band.

-.-

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-13, 23:50
Assuming I wanted to order 2 or more of the games, I'd go through Akibado, but with a fairly hefty service fee, it doesn't make much sense to buy just one game and pay $10-$20 extra.

New
2005-05-14, 01:43
I felt like killing someone and taking a valued posession.

Thank you for volunteering.

:D

Seriously, though, you lucky bastard! Good for you! I only have the original version...

Aldareon
2005-05-14, 02:54
And yeah, I now have Kanon and Planetarian, but still intend to pick up Clannad (though I'm hoping for some sort of cheaper re-release), the Air Standard Edition For All-Ages when it's released, Fate/stay night, One, Tsukihime (if possible), and a handful of others I can't remember at the time. Unfortunately, Kanon and Planetarian were the cheap ones - the cd-based Air for All-Ages is $58 at Himeya, One and Clannad both weigh in around $70, and F/SN is a whopping $82. Thank goodness it's almost summer, meaning no school and more work, but at those prices it's still going to be a while before I get all of the titles I want. :(
Think of the bright side - once you get all these titles, you will have a lot of time to save up for the next "big" release in the ren-ai genre. Just basing my assumption on the relative frequency of new releases for the past couple of years or so ^_^

Spiritsnare
2005-05-14, 07:37
...apparently Clannad is an Irish Celtic band.

-.-

I found that out on Wikipedia, heh. Whenever I mention anything about Clannad, they either 1) think of Enya or 2) mutter "wtf?"

This makes me sad. None of my friends are enlightened.

Maceart
2005-05-14, 08:34
So that's what GreatSaintLouis looks like... white, not too freckley, and not one bit otakuish to me.

Slipgate
2005-05-14, 13:02
I'm curious that he fuzzed out everything but himself:).

Ya know, it's pretty good that they even know about Clannad as an Irish band, you know. That IS enlightened, just on something else :).

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-14, 14:41
The fuzzing out everything else was to keep the glory of the moment from being spoilt by my horribly messy room. ;) Basically all you're missing is a counter cluttered with a coffeepot, various (clean) dishes, and foam/plastic ramen cartons, plus a towel hanging off the closet door. See? Nothing terribly interesting.

And while I'm glad I don't look otaku-ish (I try hard not to fall into the common stereotypes even if some of my interests include video games and various anime), what gave the impression that I would be freckled or non-white? Or is it just one of those things where you read someone's posts on a message board and think, "Oh, I bet they would look like..."?

Slipgate
2005-05-14, 17:49
Well you don't know what I am, do you? :)

Ramen cartons... and you're holding Kanon Standard Edition. Mmm hmm.

Priorities? :) (Just joshing you)

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-14, 18:11
Priorities are EXACTLY why I'm eating out of ramen cartons yet holding the Kanon SE! Of course, others sometimes don't seem to share my priorities, oddly enough...

Keisuke
2005-05-14, 18:39
Haha so you bought it?

I was gonna buy one too but I just had to buy and play NekoNeko soft's サナララ XP

Well, hope you will enjoy the game =)

Slipgate
2005-05-14, 18:53
OMG Keisuke, your pink-haired current avatar... who and from what series or game?

Keisuke
2005-05-14, 19:07
OMG Keisuke, your pink-haired current avatar... who and from what series or game?

She is Yuriko from Sanarara. =)

AstCd2
2005-05-14, 19:09
The link, for those interested:

Sanarara
http://www.din.or.jp/~nekoneko/
I think Kanon fans would enjoy this game.

Keisuke
2005-05-14, 19:13
Yeah it is nice game (Although characters in this game looks too-loli....)
However, I should warn you guys(except Asuto-chin)...
NekoNeko Soft 18禁 games' Fan service CGs are quiet dangerous~

K
2005-05-14, 19:40
Dangerous in what way?

For a moment I read "quiet dangerous" as ninja-style, shadowy assassination, but then I realized that made no sense in context.

AstCd2
2005-05-14, 19:43
<span title="Under-18s who look at them will have their eyes put out"> 「18歳未満の方が御覧になると眼が潰れます」
- a Nekonekosoft warning sign/running joke of long-standing

zalas
2005-05-14, 19:50
The first line to come to my mind when seeing that picture was:

Nabeshin! Is that you?!?!! Thought Love Hena wasn't good enough, so you had to go buy a real galge??

Keisuke
2005-05-14, 21:35
I realized that made no sense in context.

Exactly =P

<span title="Under-18s who look at them will have their eyes put out"> 「18歳未満の方が御覧になると眼が潰れます」

LOL.
Not just those 18禁 CGs, but NekoNeko Soft's Hokuto no Ken inspired artworks are pretty impresive too. XP
*WARNING* Something like this... (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/948438.jpg)

gp32
2005-05-15, 21:34
Since Haeleth isn't around to provide the (un)usual twist, I will.

<teaser mode ON>
http://www.insani.org/^_^/sanarara1.jpg
http://www.insani.org/^_^/sanarara2.jpg
http://www.insani.org/^_^/sanarara3.jpg
http://www.insani.org/^_^/sanarara4.jpg
http://www.insani.org/^_^/sanarara5.jpg
http://www.insani.org/^_^/sanarara6.jpg
<teaser mode OFF>

And no, insani isn't working on this game. I just got a tiny bit bored and a large bit sleep-deprived, is all.

... speaking of sleep-deprived, why hello there, ufo.mpg ...

GreatSaintLouis
2005-05-16, 00:28
UFO.mpg? Dare I ask? (And yes, it is going offtopic, but this was never really an ON topic post in the first place...)

Tagan
2005-05-16, 00:46

Wow, now there's a deterrent! I think that would be an effective way to keep minors from looking at it if they could actually follow-through...but I think it'd be more likely that the eye-poker than the eye-pokee would be the one to be arrested.

AstCd2
2005-05-16, 01:37
UFO.mpg? Dare I ask? (And yes, it is going offtopic, but this was never really an ON topic post in the first place...)

It's a rather amusing bonus movie located in the 'sanarara' folder on the game disc. It features a cardboard stand of Yuki from Mizuiro being abducted by a UFO.

Some pictures:
One (http://www.roflol.net/meow/ufo1.jpg)
Two (http://www.roflol.net/meow/ufo2.jpg)

And no, insani isn't working on this game. I just got a tiny bit bored and a large bit sleep-deprived, is all.
That's a shame to hear. I think the short story format makes it a game ideally suited to translation.

Aldareon
2005-05-16, 02:07
That's a shame to hear. I think the short story format makes it a game ideally suited to translation.
Yeah .. but that would be breaking Insani's full-version translation code of conduct (again) wouldn't it? Unless of course some OTHER translation group decided to take on the role ..

Hmm .. Haeleth should be back anytime now ..

gp32
2005-05-16, 12:31
I agree that it would make for a relatively compact translation -- why, each individual story clocks in at around planetarian length ... perhaps you'd be up for it? ^_^

AstCd2
2005-05-16, 15:38
Sure, I'd be more than glad to help out if insani decides to do it, but unless you can find another translator with more time on his hands, the fastest it's going to with my current schedule is about one chapter every couple of days =P.

kouryuu
2005-05-16, 21:37
Sure, I'd be more than glad to help out if insani decides to do it, but unless you can find another translator with more time on his hands, the fastest it's going to with my current schedule is about one chapter every couple of days =P.

Now If we just had someone to make those daily translations daily patches, we'd be doing great!

Haeleth
2005-05-18, 14:27
that would be breaking Insani's full-version translation code of conduct (again) wouldn't it? Unless of course some OTHER translation group decided to take on the role ..

ただいま帰りました~

But, uh, the likelihood of my picking up a game I hadn't even heard of till five minutes ago while I still have Kanon and フ〇〇〇 on my hands is... uh... well, would "not gonna happen" do? :p

gp32
2005-05-18, 14:31
お帰りなさい~

"Not going to happen" sounds great to me ^^

AstCd2
2005-05-18, 15:27
Welcome back!
I look forward to seeing just what your new mystery title is.

Haeleth
2005-05-18, 15:36
Don't hold your breath... it's not 100% certain that we'll manage to finish it, there are some rather interesting issues involved. ;)

kouryuu
2005-05-18, 20:26
intriguing...

AstCd2
2005-05-19, 02:29
Don't hold your breath... it's not 100% certain that we'll manage to finish it, there are some rather interesting issues involved. ;)

It wouldn't happen to be that highly popular title by the writer who shares his name with that of certain vegetables/fungi, would it? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if there were 'issues' at all. =P

gp32
2005-05-19, 03:51
It wouldn't happen to be that highly popular title by the writer who shares his name with that of certain vegetables/fungi, would it?
O_O

ボ、ボスけて!!!

The horror! THE HORROR!

Haeleth
2005-05-19, 06:45
Well, what can I add to such a perfect reaction? No, it's nothing like that.

Nanatuha
2005-05-19, 06:56
Indeed. I got it without doubt. I may expect this masterpiece, mayn't it? (http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~kiden/densigame8/fire.htm)

Anyway welcome back Haeleth. お帰りなさいませ。 :)

Aldareon
2005-05-21, 01:50
Unless of course some OTHER translation group decided to take on the role ..

ただいま帰りました~

But, uh, the likelihood of my picking up a game I hadn't even heard of till five minutes ago while I still have Kanon and フ〇〇〇 on my hands is... uh... well, would "not gonna happen" do? :p
It wasn't my intent to point the finger at Haeleth. Sorry about that. The last line wasn't meant to be in reference to the previous paragraph. I was just thinking that given the (relatively) small size of the program it could be a good starting point for any of the new translation groups that feel like springing up. But the "not gonna happen" bit is fine with me .. as long as it's not also a reference to Kanon ^_^