PDA

View Full Version : Air translations

neo-kun
2005-03-28, 14:20
does anyone know where i can get a patch like thing for Air so some of it(or all of it) is in english

Haeleth
2005-03-28, 14:21
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/moin.cgi/AIR

Search the page for "Patch" to find ChaoticReign's partial patch (unedited text, only covers Misuzu's part of Dream). Or wait for Zalas & co. to finish their full translation.

neo-kun
2005-03-28, 14:39
is there a clannad verson of gao

Haeleth
2005-03-28, 14:41
Not really. But you can go round singing "dango daikazoku" if it makes you happy.

neo-kun
2005-03-28, 14:42
i dont get it but lol

should i wait or download the patch now?

EDIT: looks like im waiting as it dont work gao

zalas
2005-03-28, 16:47
Haeleth, you just made me hungry all of a sudden... :(

Spiritsnare
2005-03-28, 18:12
I haven't had dango, but I have had taiyaki...

now I'm curious as to what dango tastes like.

AzureLight
2005-03-28, 22:46
I prefer flowers than dango. [/lame]

Nephillim
2005-03-29, 00:44
Not really. But you can go round singing "dango daikazoku" if it makes you happy.

....Or 団子さん兄弟 for that matter.

Heard quite abit about it, but never had a chance to hear it

AstCd2
2005-03-29, 00:49

....Or 団子さん兄弟 for that matter.

Heard quite abit about it, but never had a chance to hear it

Nor has anyone else, for that matter, as it's not actually part of the game music.
Key had better not make us wait another 4 years for Clannad ~full voice edition~ (仮)

neo-kun
2005-03-29, 14:51
can anyone explain to me about the "dango daikazoku"

bluemist
2005-03-30, 04:48
Hi! I'm (kinda) new here....

Can I ask what specifically is included in the patch?

How do I play through it? Does it mean that if I veer away from Misuzu's path all I will get are the untranslated ones?

zalas
2005-03-30, 18:07
The current patch by Chaotic Reign only translates the Misuzu path. So yes, if you veer off her path, you'll get untranslated Japanese for text. It only covers the Dream scenario.

New
2005-03-30, 18:33
The current patch by Chaotic Reign only translates the Misuzu path. So yes, if you veer off her path, you'll get untranslated Japanese for text. It only covers the Dream scenario.But how far does it go?

I mean, when I tried it, I ended up after a certain point, following what I had to do to get Misuzu, and then the Japanese started.

Does it go through the H-scene and until the very end of her story? Or what?

zalas
2005-03-30, 23:45
I think there is no translation for the H-scene. At that point, I don't believe it was translated into Chinese yet. (Along with the translator's complaint that H scenes were hard).

Haeleth
2005-03-31, 02:40
*resists temptation for obvious double-entendre*

Maceart
2005-03-31, 11:11
The Chinese version is complete, although it is not a patch yet.

For those who have mastery of traditional chinese:

http://air2107.com/htmlgame/htmlair/htmlstory/index.htm

I can read most of it, but my chinese mastery isn't enough to translate.

windseven
2005-03-31, 20:04
The Chinese version is complete, although it is not a patch yet.

For those who have mastery of traditional chinese:

http://air2107.com/htmlgame/htmlair/htmlstory/index.htm

I can read most of it, but my chinese mastery isn't enough to translate.

Well, this is just the translated text. If you understand Chinese, you may want to try this Simplified Chinese patch (fully translated, but not fully edited):
Homepage: http://www.keyfc.net/project/cair/release/
Patch: http://www.keyfc.net/project/cair/release/[KFC]CAIR_FinalBeta(050112).rar

K
2005-03-31, 21:55
OMG Chinese Air patch.

THANK YOU.

Spiritsnare
2005-03-31, 22:41
OMG Chinese Air patch.

THANK YOU.

Does this mean you may somehow be able to translate that Chinese into an English script...and release it afterwards? ::tug tug::

Maceart
2005-03-31, 23:22
Ugh... I can't stand simplified chinese. Looks "fake" to me, and they substituted too much meanings into the same characters. Makes it very confusing.

Damn the Key Fan Club (KFC) Chinese site is slow.. .they made a full, translated traditional chinese patch to Kanon aorund 2 years ago.. and they haven't done anything since.

zalas
2005-04-01, 01:57
Translating directly from Chinese to English is too lossy. I'd hate to see what would happen with SUMMER.

AstCd2
2005-04-01, 02:04
There's been enough criticism on 2ch about Japanese -> English as it is... =P

On the other hand, if zalas doesn't start whipping the translators, it'll never get done.

...wait, that would be me. orz

Haeleth
2005-04-01, 02:37
There's a certain irony there, given that the English skills of the average 2ch denizen make Babelfish look impressive.

*Translate* is *bright*, but laziness is *frumple*. Will you *translate*, or shall we *dance*?

<small title="...by the way, I'm kidding. I know what you meant.">・・・ちなみに冗談です。 意味が判ってる。</small>

Nephillim
2005-04-01, 02:42
*laughs*

What happens to summer when you do translations of something from japanese>>>Chinese and THEN to English?

I present to you, the fruits of my work over 2 1/2 months (yeah, I stopped for Junior College's 1st 3 months)

http://www.geocities.com/chorus_of_the_nephillim/Sum-Chp1.doc

Warning: Horribly innacurate, and still in 1st-pass translation. I haven't gone through my work in-depth.

I welcome all blasting. :P

The work's unedited by the way, so if you notice glaring grammar mistakes in the prose, forgive me.

EDIT: Here's a semi-edited copy. Apparently, my friend wasn't as <strike>big a slacker </strike> busy as I thought he'd be *j/k!*

In no part is this translation effort (if you could call it so) complete.

http://www.geocities.com/chorus_of_the_nephillim/Sum-Chp1_SEdit.rtf

Valkyrie
2005-04-01, 03:07
Well.....you do seem....prepared? :P

EDIT: That second part...............^^; Neph...

EDIT2: How do you all find our little um....attempt? ^^; I must apologise for any mistakes on our part...

Valkyrie
2005-04-03, 03:23
um...anyone? pls? ^^;

I didn't want to read too much as it'd spoil the game for me. Being unable to compare it to the original Japanese, all I can say is that to me it doesn't look bad at all. ^_^ And if you'd ask if I would want to play the game Jpn->Chi->Eng, I'd say I guess I would. But if I had reason to believe a Jpn->Eng version to appear within a year or two, I probably would wait.

Valkyrie
2005-04-03, 07:14
true...and the Jap->Eng trans wld also be more accurate, even if done by the same group.

New
2005-04-03, 10:35
There's a certain irony there, given that the English skills of the average 2ch denizen make Babelfish look impressive.

*Translate* is *bright*, but laziness is *frumple*. Will you *translate*, or shall we *dance*?

<small title="...by the way, I'm kidding. I know what you meant.">・・・ちなみに冗談です。 意味が判ってる。</small>
I don't get it.

gp32
2005-04-03, 10:47

I don't get it.
*sad animal (http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/scsaga/races.htm#orztop)*.

Hawat
2005-04-03, 13:08
Hello does anyone have a link for the english ps2 voice patch from chaotic reign ? http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/moin.cgi/AIR only have the no voice patch and chaotic reign site doesn't seem to have it anymore.

AstCd2
2005-04-03, 13:21
I think the with-voice version ceased distribution quite a while back due to stability issues.

New the Lazy One
2005-05-25, 00:14
Kanna: What exactly is a family?
Uraha was the first to respond.
Uraha: Indeed…
Uraha: To be sure…
*Bump*
Uraha: I guess it should be something like this…
Coming from behind, she stuck herself to Kanna’s back.
Kanna: Hey! Don’t come so close in such warm weather. Let go!
Uraha:………
She desolately got ready to leave the room.
Kanna: Hold on, I didn’t mean leave that much of a distance.
*Bump*
Kanna: And I didn’t want you to stick this close either.
Uraha: ………
Kanna: Wait, wait, wait! Stop preparing to leave. Come a little closer.
*Bump, Bump*
Kanna: …Why are you also sticking to me?
Ryuuya: No, it’s just that I subconsciously felt like doing so.
Kanna: Would both of you please keep your distance?
Uraha, Ryuuya: ………
Kanna: And I didn’t ask for the both of you to leave either!
Ryuuya: It’s really troublesome when you want us to leave at one moment and stay the next.
Uraha: Indeed, Indeed.
Kanna: Are both of you ganging up to make a fool out of me?

XP

Uraha is my favorite Summer character.

Bump. What's the current status?

Is anyone actually working? XD

Nephillim
2005-06-10, 20:15
Ehehehehehe.........

I'll be frank here: junior college doesn't leave me with much free time, but I'm not dropping this project either (Besides, my Chinese would appreciate the workout ^^;).

But in any case, the project was...

1) Not meant as a true "haeleth-style" project, as that's what zalas and his team's currently doing (I hope it's still at least on life support.... >.>). Rather, it's to be interpreted as a form of encouragement for the latter. Our way of saying "Our work is bad and crappy. Therefore we need a better one on the net to marvel at. Kthxbai."

2) A practice in Chinese. Both Valkyrie and I have AO levels to handle for that particular language....

3) Stress Release.

It's been on hold for quite some time since then, but I'll try and churn out something during this June break.