PDA

View Full Version : Kanon Battle Royale!

New
2005-03-15, 22:20
In an all out Battle Royale-Esque Free-for-all melee, who would win?

And Mai is disqualified for having a sword.

My money's on Shiori. She has a machine gun in there, I know it. She'd pretend to be all sick, and then when Kaori went to check up on here, out comes the USAS-12. Then she'll just gun the others down.

Tagan
2005-03-15, 22:34
....I'm deeply scared of this poll...I really am. All of them seem so out of character....
(Although I have an amusing mental image of Nayuki sending Keropii out to kill everyone...O_o...)
(Wait...Mai is disqualified for having a Sword....but Machine Guns are perfectly legal for Shiori to have?)

Aldareon
2005-03-15, 23:39
I prefer to find out the answer myself via the 'colorful snow' game ^_^ Somehow, Nayuki always loses ...

AstCd2
2005-03-15, 23:43
Akiko-san is surely the safe bet here, given how she's supposedly a professional assassin/an arch-demon/Amasawa Ikumi.

Related:
http://hakagiroyale.nobody.jp/

adun50
2005-03-16, 02:35
Akiko-san. the all-mighty power of the mysterious jam~~~

Haeleth
2005-03-16, 04:01
(Although I have an amusing mental image of Nayuki sending Keropii out to kill everyone...O_o...)
As well you might... (http://ragna-fan.net/~himuro/kanon/mina2/m073.htm)

Related: http://hakagiroyale.nobody.jp/
O_O

ひ、ひどい・・・可愛いキャラをそんな目にあわせるなんて・・・

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-16, 05:13
I'm all for Ayu - her flying tackle could serve to be downright fatal, and if things get too overwhelming, her running away and hding skills are second-to-none.

AzureLight
2005-03-16, 06:52
I prefer to find out the answer myself via the 'colorful snow' game ^_^ Somehow, Nayuki always loses ...Because her special sucks...

I happen to discover Hakagi Royale recently myself... ~_~;;;;

Haeleth
2005-03-16, 07:09
I'm all for Ayu - her flying tackle could serve to be downright fatal...
Ah, you've played Kanoso (http://haeleth.net/temp/z102.jpg)? :)

...and if things get too overwhelming, her running away and hding skills are second-to-none.
On that I have to disagree. Ayu may be better over long distances, but for sprinting, Nayuki is unbeatable. She'd need a heck of a head start to have a chance of escape...

Misu
2005-03-16, 07:09
If I remember correctly from the other Jam poll thread, Akiko's Jam did have peoples bodies in it *evil grin*!

Slipgate
2005-03-16, 07:29
Yay, for once, I'm not alone on the Makoto loving.

Slipgate

Spiritsnare
2005-03-16, 07:32
Given the nature of Ayu's bumping in eps 1 and 2 of the Kanon anime and how it slows down on that one part...

Heh. Heh. ::in the gutter::

Maceart
2005-03-16, 09:38
Akiko. She's the oldest, and with the jam concerning Naiyuki's father, has the most "battle experience". She could've eaten Yuuichi for lunch,

Keisuke
2005-03-16, 13:20
Akudemon-sama wins.

Anyway, long ago, there really was a doujin web-comic call "Kanon Battle Royale" (Hosted by Akiko, Haruko, and Hijiri; played by characters from Kanon, Air, and One)
You can't see this web-comic anymore since they have canceled it, but it was disturbing comic to look at. Trust me!

Before they canceled it:

- Akiko puts knife on Kaori's head.

- Misuzu is found with dead Mishio right next to her (Misuzu is still alive)

- Mai beheads Kano, who tried to kill Ayu and Misuzu. (Mai, Ayu, and Misuzu teams up together then)

- Misaki slices one of ONE character's head.

- Minagi uses sniper to kill Akane and Mizuka

- Mizuka manages to survive, but gets killed by Misaki.

- Mio shoots her pistol right on Minagi's shoulder (Minagi still manages to live).

- Hijiri joins the battle (to kill Mai)

- Michiru is about to fight with someone.

Well, that's all.

P.S. Sayuri was not in this web-comic for some reason.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-16, 15:59
Ah, you've played Kanoso? :)
0_0
I can't say I have, but after Googling and finding the developer's website, I'm currently in the middle of the download right now. It looks to be delightfully twisted, in a really, REALLY creepy way. :D The fatal-tackle thing was just speculation on my part from the anime/game and seeing the moves in EFZ.

On that I have to disagree. Ayu may be better over long distances, but for sprinting, Nayuki is unbeatable. She'd need a heck of a head start to have a chance of escape...
I dunno - she sure gave that angry taiyaki vendor the slip without much effort. ;)

On a more nitpicky note, wasn't Nayuki's specialty distance running? I think I remember Yuuichi asking about that one morning on the way to school, in the early stages of the game...

And that Kanon Battle Royale comic sounds absolutely horrifying. Battle Royale itself was a gruesome enough novel, but to see all the cute Kanon characters in those roles... O_o

EDIT 1: Please don't say this Kanoso is a 120MB trial download at 16k/s. -_-

EDIT 2: Woohoo, I'm a regular now! That fiber-rich diet finally paid off! (Off-color? Possibly. Nessicary? Absolutely not. Back to the original topic of the thread.)

Slipgate
2005-03-16, 16:18
Nayuki's a heck of a runner. She outruns Yuuichi in the anime easily, the game mentions she's not winded when he is... and if you look at her times (although she can't do the 100 meters in however many seconds or whatever it is the game and anime mention early on), she finishes laps pretty fast (thinking of Kazahana and of the time Yuuichi was watching her on the roof while talking to Amano here).

Sure Ayu gets away from the taiyaki dude but Nayuki's the track person.

Slipgate

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-16, 16:32
Oh well. :( I can still hope! Ayu fanaticism knows no bounds! ;)

Slipgate
2005-03-16, 16:43
Heh. Nor was I saying Ayu wasn't cool. Heck, I'm the Makoto voter here. But I like *all* the characters.

(Incidentally, it's too bad Mai didn't get to participate. I gotta admit the sword would "pwn" everyone else though. Heck, it can pwn intangible beings ;) )

Slipgate

AzureLight
2005-03-16, 17:11
I wonder if Mai's hand-to-hand combat is good <<

Slipgate
2005-03-16, 17:42
She was able to jump from a roof successfully and project the fall. That means she knows how to fall properly and land on her feet and/or distribute shock. She's at least a decent kicker then. And wow, we're analyzing this for real, aren't we?

Haeleth
2005-03-16, 17:46
On a more nitpicky note, wasn't Nayuki's specialty distance running?
Gah, you're right. -_-

Please don't say this Kanoso is a 120MB trial download at 16k/s. -_-
Nope, that's the full game.

Er, I should warn you that it is rather nasty in places, by the way. The opening is a must-play for any Kanon fan, but I don't think many people ever have the stamina to reach an ending...

I wonder if Mai's hand-to-hand combat is good <<
Naturally! And she's positively deadly with chopsticks or a fire-extinguisher... ;)

Keisuke
2005-03-16, 18:15
For those who STILL won't admit that Akiko is the strongest....

I am warning you, this scan of manga will haunt you all forever!!! But..... it's really fun to look at XP (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/akf1.jpg)

That manga is from minase.li.to
I translated it.

Misu
2005-03-16, 20:19
I am warning you, this scan of manga will haunt you all forever!!! But..... it's really fun to look at XP.

OMG... Keisuke, you scarred me! ;--;
I can never look at Kanon in the same way again!!1!!! XD

New
2005-03-16, 20:47

I am warning you, this scan of manga will haunt you all forever!!! But..... it's really fun to look at XP (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/akf1.jpg)

I translated it.

We have to kill you now. Goodbye.

But seriously.. oh jesus. My eyes.

JudicatorOmega
2005-03-16, 21:12
Oh my...

Slipgate
2005-03-16, 21:14
It's not that horrendous. Meh.

Slipgate

adun50
2005-03-16, 21:29
I am warning you, this scan of manga will haunt you all forever!!! But..... it's really fun to look at XP

such horror~~

AzureLight
2005-03-17, 04:49
I am warning you, this scan of manga will haunt you all forever!!! But..... it's really fun to look at XP (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/akf1.jpg)*yawns* Too many Hokuto no Ken-ified doujins I've seen in my life already.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-17, 14:25
That is really horrifying, in an over-the-top, Hokuto-No-Ken way. There's something really scary about Akiko's head on that weightlifter's body.

Nope, that's the full game.
Er, I should warn you that it is rather nasty in places, by the way. The opening is a must-play for any Kanon fan, but I don't think many people ever have the stamina to reach an ending...

Well, given that it's all in Japanese, my stamina may not last through the opening! ;_; Wakan + Kodansha dictionary, you are my only friends!
I shall give it my best effort, just for the really creepy 'cover' image of the game that parodies the DC/PS2 release.

A little more on-topic - poor Kitagawa, he never seems to get any love, heehee.

Slipgate
2005-03-17, 14:49
Kitagawa gets Kaori... who is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi.... so he gets Kawasumi.... so he's JUST fine, darn him.

(Kawasumi fan :P)

Slipgate

Spiritsnare
2005-03-17, 19:38

I translated it.

...so that's what happens if you eat The Jam in such quantities.

I WANT SOME!

psst...yes, i think it's scary too. my eyes, they burn

EDIT: Akudemon-sama wins.

Anyway, long ago, there really was a doujin web-comic call "Kanon Battle Royale" (Hosted by Akiko, Haruko, and Hijiri; played by characters from Kanon, Air, and One)...

Did you check the Wayback Machine (http://web.archive.org) to see if it had a copy? ::hopeful::

JudicatorOmega
2005-03-17, 19:55
an over-the-top, Hokuto-No-Ken way
Can someone please explain to me what Hokuto-No-Ken is?

Slipgate
2005-03-17, 20:16
Hokuto no Ken is the Japanese original name for what we would call Fist of the North Star.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-18, 00:05
It was an older manga/anime referenced in this case for its over-the-top battles - over-the-top violent, not over the top boring/drawn out, i.e. DragonBall Z.

zalas
2005-03-18, 07:58
It's called "Fist of the North Star" here in the US. Basically, a very hardcore shounen fighting manga, I believe.

Slipgate
2005-03-18, 08:02
(Points to himself three posts ago :) )

zalas
2005-03-18, 08:02
Bah, forgot there was another page. :)

Keisuke
2005-03-18, 16:29
It's actually really strange (yet funny! ^^) that Hokuto no Ken can be parodied so easily by almost ANYTHING....

Valkyrie
2005-03-18, 22:50
Is there a game for this Hokuto no Ken manga/anime?
It sounds familiar, I seemed to have seen something familiar to this title, it was a boxing game involving six punching pads which u have to er...punch in an arcade.

AstCd2
2005-03-18, 23:40
見るべし!
http://www.konami.co.jp/am/punch/html/hk_spec.html

Valkyrie
2005-03-18, 23:59
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!I played this game at an arcade ard last November!!Oh my....but this game is fun when u ARE bored....I'll um....recommend this to...um...Haeleth? Thx AstCd2 for the link!

AstCd2
2005-04-01, 03:31
http://www.roflol.net/meow/royale.jpg

Just something I dug up while staking out Hakagi's picture thread.
Say 'yes' to senseless violence.

Keisuke
2005-04-01, 03:33
That looks more like Bio Hazard(Resident Evil) to me. XP

Kanna looks really scary on that picture...

Misu
2005-04-01, 04:52
Wow... that was absolutely great ^__^.

Shiro
2005-04-01, 14:33
Ayu could use a Taiyaki (you know we can't with-stand there all mighty taste) to put you off.. then she'll use her legendary dive attack to finish teh job. ^^;

ChronoReverse
2005-04-02, 10:48
Akiko would destroy everyone before they even started the battle. She'd poison their breakfast or something XD