PDA

View Full Version : Kanon Character Battle Round 342313!!!

New
2005-03-10, 08:10
Just kidding.

So, who is your favorite character?

Nayuki all the way!!

Haeleth
2005-03-10, 08:22
*resists temptation to fix results*

(Insert "Amano/Piro/Kuze, you insensitive clod!!!" comment here.)

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-10, 10:23
~Uguuu~

Ayu had me from when I first watched the anime, and seeing the character expanded upon in the game confirmed my choice.

Although the whole super sleep + strawberry jam fetish thing Nayuki has going on is pretty endearing as well...

gp32
2005-03-10, 10:43
Fear the power of Kitagawa.

Fear it, I say!

Omgwtflolzzz
2005-03-10, 13:34
I'd vote for Shiori and Nayuki, but it's not possible to vote for both of them, and I can't be bothered to log in to vote anyway. :<>

(Edit: I've waved a wand and you've managed to vote for both of them anyway. -- Haeleth)

Korgath
2005-03-10, 14:52
I'm afraid there's only one real choice.

http://kaitenkenbu77.homestead.com/files/pictures/kanon-sayuri.gif

Eden
2005-03-10, 15:21
I'm tempted to vote for Sayuri, just after seeing that. But i've voted for Yuuichi, for the sarcasm.

procyon
2005-03-10, 16:30
Yay (as of now) Shiori's winning!

JudicatorOmega
2005-03-10, 16:47
Vote Sayuri! She is cute, she is kind, she is modest, and she can cook. How can you not love a girl who wakes up early every morning to make bentos for school? I am sure she has many more qualities, but since she is a side character, we may never know. I wish there was a spin-off game featuring Sayuri ^_^.

Slipgate
2005-03-10, 16:54
No Makoto love except for me. Auuu.

Haeleth
2005-03-10, 17:10
Vote Sayuri! She is cute, she is kind, she is modest, and she can cook.
But Shiori qualifies on all the same counts - and has legendary artistic talents as well! And all the best lines, too. :p

I wish there was a spin-off game featuring Sayuri ^_^.
Like this one (http://tekipaki.jp/~chinchilla/game/sayurin.htm) (and its sequel (http://tekipaki.jp/~chinchilla/game/sayuri2/)), for example? ;)

adun50
2005-03-11, 04:37
you all know who I voted for. :P

Valkyrie
2005-03-11, 05:08
fighting spirit, nevertheless! :D

AzureLight
2005-03-11, 11:25
I could've gone for my 妹, but I feel a bit high in hormones today and voted for Nayuki.

80cm... same bust size as 来栖川姫子 <<;

Maceart
2005-03-11, 17:16
Shiori. Her spirit, her naivete, her overal genkiness just made the scene for me. The ice cream bits and the Kaori reunion were also very very good, but too bad the anime shafted Shiori in the fact she didn't get a satisfactory conclusion.

"They're called miracles because miracles don't happen."

Misu
2005-03-11, 17:27
Unyu~~~
'nough said XD

Keisuke
2005-03-12, 09:00
you all know who I voted for. :P
Who????!!!!!!!

Well... Sayuri is my choice. She is the only one who can stand against Akudemon.

Slipgate
2005-03-12, 09:02
Maceart - I admit to not seeing Shiori's game ending yet, but the anime in no way shafted Shiori :).

That was AWESOME.

Slipgate

JudicatorOmega
2005-03-12, 16:59
Poor Ayu... I'f I could vote twice she would get my second vote.

AzureLight
2005-03-12, 18:08
I never knew Shiorin was this popular =_=;

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-12, 18:47
Nobody's feeling the Kaori love, that's for sure. :(

AstCd2
2005-03-12, 19:51
I admit to not seeing Shiori's game ending yet, but the anime in no way shafted Shiori :).

The proper ending in the game differs from the anime on a rather significant point. I daresay that you'll agree that the game's ending is better once you do see it =P

Well... Sayuri is my choice. She is the only one who can stand against Akudemon.
カノソネタかよ…しかも「Kanoso 64」... (°д°;;)

(Insert "Amano/Piro/Kuze, you insensitive clod!!!" comment here.)
美汐タン…可哀想すぎ ・゚・(つД`)・゚・

But if you're going to include Kuze, then you may as well throw in Ishibashi and Kazuya too.

Spiritsnare
2005-03-13, 09:04
GAO

Whoops, wrong thread.

Uguuuuu~

Haeleth
2005-03-13, 09:20
But if you're going to include Kuze, then you may as well throw in Ishibashi and Kazuya too.
Nah... I never found an Ishibashi fan yet, but Kuze has a small but significant following. As with Amano, largely deriving from the various sidestories...

ご機嫌よ! うわ、はははははは~!

Ack, Shiori-chan's not winning any more...! Curse these Nayuki fans!

Maceart
2005-03-13, 09:49
See, Haeleth agrees. Shiori is truely the best character! In the anime, the game, EFZ...

Slipgate
2005-03-13, 09:58
Actually I (personally) have the best luck with Shiori and Misuzu in terms of their attacks. In EFZ, I mean. But then I'm a (cough)cheapb*st*rd(cough). Still - Makoto owns all.

Slipgate

Keisuke
2005-03-13, 10:13
See, Haeleth agrees. Shiori is truely the best character! In the anime, the game, EFZ...

Heh, but you should know that Shiori was the best character in 1st EFZ.

She was one of the worst in BSE and BME.

2005-03-13, 10:44
Actually I (personally) have the best luck with Shiori and Misuzu in terms of their attacks. In EFZ, I mean. But then I'm a (cough)cheapb*st*rd(cough). Still - Makoto owns all.

SlipgateActually, Shiori does get the shaft in the anime; and so do we, there's no love for Shiori, before her end.

Oh, BTW, I don't suppose you could tell me where the HELL you got EFZ?

Slipgate
2005-03-13, 10:51
I thought the little dialogue scenes, and knowing that she was hiding something, were evident enough.

And what do you mean, where I got it? Are you asking because you're trying to get it or is there something I'm missing here?

Slipgate

New
2005-03-13, 11:17
I thought the little dialogue scenes, and knowing that she was hiding something, were evident enough.

And what do you mean, where I got it? Are you asking because you're trying to get it or is there something I'm missing here?

Slipgate
Exactly.

Slipgate
2005-03-13, 11:26
Being vague.

Anyway, go check... Tasogare Frontier, was the name of the developer?

Slipgate

Misu
2005-03-14, 07:14
doesnt Himeya pack copies still?

Stranger
2005-03-14, 07:59
wtf??!!!... Shiori is ahead of Nayuki-sama??!!!!... how is that possible... did someone play with the results?!

Ack, Shiori-chan's not winning any more...! Curse these Nayuki fans!O.O!!!!

/me wanders if someone have played with the results....
no Haeleth, am not realy susppecting you... it just happend that I was wandering while looking at your post... (plus for some unknown resone, there are some arrows pointing at you)

P.S. ( at the time of post, Nayuki (8), Shiori (9) )

Haeleth
2005-03-14, 08:21
doesnt Himeya pack copies still?
They do. For some reason ALL their dojin games are in the adult section these days, even though the dojin page (once you get to it) is still clearly divided into non-adult and adult games (and EFZ is, naturally, in the former category).

Shiori is ahead of Nayuki-sama??!!!!... how is that possible... did someone play with the results?!
<_<
>_>
Who would do a thing like that?

Anyway, if you look back you'll see plenty of Shiori-supporting posts. Given her popularity, I'm sure even the most corrupt of Shiori-loving administrators wouldn't have to sink to such a level. ^^;;

Keisuke
2005-03-14, 12:11
Sayuri is the real winner!

She is 3rd most popular character although she is not the main Kanon gal!

*runs*

Aldareon
2005-03-15, 23:48
Call it even .. close the poll NOW!!!
^_^

PS .. this has nothing to do with the fact that I can't get Nayuki to win ColorfulSnow. And I'm not saying that I was the one who cast that last vote!

*notices all eyes on me*

What?!

Haeleth
2005-03-16, 03:53
*laughs evilly*

Tagan
2005-03-16, 05:00
Call it even .. close the poll NOW!!!
^_^

PS .. this has nothing to do with the fact that I can't get Nayuki to win ColorfulSnow. And I'm not saying that I was the one who cast that last vote!

*notices all eyes on me*

What?!

What is this "Colorful Snow"?

Haeleth
2005-03-16, 05:02
What is this "Colorful Snow"?
http://takehisa.parfe.jp/game/colorfulsnow.php

New
2005-03-16, 07:28
Hot damn, this is the closest battle I've ever seen in a poll. Shiori's ahead, but Nayuki's so damn close... for the whole thing, it's a duel between two powerhouses.

Aldareon
2005-03-16, 23:24
41 votes ... sudden change of numbers overnight .. hmm .. you sure this poll ain't being rigged??

Fate deals such a cruel blow ~_~

Haeleth
2005-03-17, 01:34
I swear, I did not add that 11th vote to Shiori's count!

<small><small>...please don't ask me about the 10th...</small></small>

Misu
2005-03-17, 03:09
..... Haeleth? *eyebrows glance up*
Why do we sense some aura of Nayuki striking eminatting from you?

zalas
2005-03-17, 04:20
With all of these character polls, how soon until we see the appearance of English version Hakagi SaiMoe Tournaments? :D (Along with flash to boot)

AstCd2
2005-03-17, 05:05
With all of these character polls, how soon until we see the appearance of English version Hakagi SaiMoe Tournaments? :D (Along with flash to boot)

第一回Hæleþes áwendende板最萌トーナメントキボヌ!

Although it'd end up being on a significantly smaller scale, given that many residents are unfamiliar with the Clannad, One and Moon. characters. Perhaps if we were to extend it beyond Key to any game maker...

Reference:
http://saimoe.s10.xrea.com/

Haeleth
2005-03-17, 05:24
Although it'd end up being on a significantly smaller scale, given that many residents are unfamiliar with Clannad, One and Moon. characters. Perhaps if we were to extend it beyond Key to any game maker...

I have to confess to complete ignorance where Moon. is concerned myself. Still, there's the 葉 as well as the 鍵... though most English fans are probably equally unfamiliar with half Leaf's titles, too.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-17, 13:55
Is Moon another pre-Key Tactics game?

Nephillim
2005-03-17, 19:20
<strike>Nope. Moon was released after the Key-split. Yet for some reason, the people at tasogare included it in the latest version of EFZ. </strike>

Apologies. Apparently I had confused the DVD re-release with the actual 1997 original

Misu
2005-03-17, 23:44
Hrm... really? I thought Moon was the project that brough the Key team together back when they worked at Tactics o-o...

AstCd2
2005-03-17, 23:53
Moon. (with the gratuitous full stop) is the Key staff title that preceded One, written by Hisaya Naoki and Maeda Jun. Hinoue Itaru was the art director, and Orito Shinji did the music.

Because of its evident age (it doesn't run properly anymore on any modern OS), Moon. is often thought to be the first title to feature what is now considered the core Key staff (Maeda, Itaru and Orito), but there was in fact one title which preceded it; Dousei (http://sv.force-x.com/~tactics/qtactics/dousei.htm), released 5 months earlier on 23/5/97, also featured Orito and Itaru (though Orito, well known for being a former member of Leaf during its visual novel glory days, was not at the time a proper staff member; he was a pinch hitter, much like CO2A is now).

Hisaya, whom some fans say was the true genius behind the writing team, left Key after Kanon six years ago to disappear from the renai gaming scene completely, only to resurface recently a few months ago at a new company called Siesta (http://www.siesta-soft.com/). Rumours persist to this day that the reason he left was over a dispute with Itaru, who has a reputation for being a tad childish (but that's a story for another day).

The things you learn from reading Hakagi =P

[EDIT]
Thought I'd add a useful link for checking the credits
http://san-tana-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/etc-gamedata.htm

Nanatuha
2005-03-18, 06:54
One vote to Mai. (Pitiful Mai & Makoto. They are more unpopular than even Kitagawa)

I honestly thought Tactics would fail when I saw MOON's picture at first. It seemed pretty cheap game. ;P

Now I mention Itaru's picture, it seem her drawing style may be changing recently. I guess I can't tell who drew it if there is no signature.
http://www.silverblitz.com/lycee/img/premium_wp_10_800.jpg
http://www.silverblitz.com/lycee/img/premium_wp_01_800.jpg

AstCd2
2005-03-18, 07:21
Now I mention Itaru's picture, it seem her drawing style may be changing recently. I guess I can't tell who drew it if there is no signature.
http://www.silverblitz.com/lycee/img/premium_wp_10_800.jpg
http://www.silverblitz.com/lycee/img/premium_wp_01_800.jpg

Coming to think of it, there was some talk back when Clannad was first released that the other artists 'fixed' her pictures, with the result that they looked significantly more 'normal' than in previous games.

Of course, opinions still remain fiercely divided on whether Itaru's decided less-deformed-but-also-less-original new style is actually a good thing or a bad thing =P

Some more pictures for reference purposes:
Rumi, circa 1997 (http://www.roflol.net/meow/rumi.jpg)
Yuuichi, circa 2002 (http://www.roflol.net/meow/ago.jpg)
Ayu, circa 2005 (http://www.roflol.net/meow/ayu.jpg)

Haeleth
2005-03-18, 07:42
One vote to Mai. (Pitiful Mai & Makoto. They are more unpopular than even Kitagawa)
That's the problem with only having one vote. Mai is my second favourite, but if I have to choose between Mai and Shiori, Shiori has to win.

Maybe I should take away some of Nayuki's votes and give them to Mai? It's not like Nayuki needs to be popular, she's always asleep anyway.

<big title="Let Operation Make Mai Popular On The Board commence!"><big>川澄舞掲示板上人気者化計画、開始!</big></big>

I honestly thought Tactics would fail when I saw MOON's picture at first. It seemed pretty cheap game. ;P
Can it be worse than ONE? I love that game dearly, but every time I play it I have to work hard not to be put off by the art...

zalas
2005-03-18, 08:01
Hisaya, whom some fans say was the true genius behind the writing team, left Key after Kanon six years ago to disappear from the renai gaming scene completely, only to resurface recently a few months ago at a new company called Siesta (http://www.siesta-soft.com/). Rumours persist to this day that the reason he left was over a dispute with Itaru, who has a reputation for being a tad childish (but that's a story for another day).
How ironic that their latest game is called "MOON CHILDe" ;)

AstCd2
2005-03-18, 08:13
<big title="Let Operation Make Mai Popular On The Board commence!"><big>川澄舞掲示板上人気者化計画、開始!</big></big>

「`Y´   ヽ       / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
  └ァ!ミ!ノノ)))〉    | あははーっ♪
    ん| !l.^ヮ゚ノ!|   < 絶対無理
      |く/lつつ     |  ですよ~
     ノ!|/__il〉 リ     \_____
     ' し'ノ

_
   , '´   ヽ.
  __i ノノ))))〉 ……人気者になるのは嫌いじゃないのに。
  〉 >!l#゚ ‐゚ノ|
  Z((く/jつつ
    ))/__il〉
    ´  し'ノ

Can it be worse than ONE? I love that game dearly, but every time I play it I have to work hard not to be put off by the art...

Nothing can quite top that Rumi picture, IMHO...

Gah...

[EDIT: Silly ASCII figures! Stay where you're meant to go!]

Haeleth
2005-03-18, 08:15
And the Baudelaire quote at the top of the site could give us a hint as to how Hisaya has spent the intervening years... ;)

Hmm, I see "MOON CHILDe" is to be a "lunatic ADV"? O_o;

Funnily enough, I think of that as one of the better ones. Maybe my fond memories of those scenes is affecting my judgement...

あははーっ♪ 絶対無理ですよ~
ひどいですよ,佐祐理さん・・・舞の事好きだと思いましたのに・・・

Stranger
2005-03-18, 10:42
なに が これ?!
しおりーちゃん が なゆきーさま の たかい です か?!
どうして?!
ひどい よ みな
なゆきーさま の ファンクラブ の かぞく どこ の?!

not sure if the above is correct or not.... (well, most certinly is wrong). but any way:-

what is this?!
Shiori-chan is higher then Nayuki-sama?!
why?!
everyone is being mean
where the heck are the members of Nayuki-sama fan-club?!
===================
any way, it is true, if people are allowed to double vote, then there is a chance that many will agree on Mai-san being their 2nd choice

humm.... me wander is this mean a 2nd poll will be made on "who is your 2nd choice"?!

Can it be worse than ONE? I love that game dearly, but every time I play it I have to work hard not to be put off by the art...have to agree with this, cann't play the game for more then few mintues becuase of the art.... look like 16 colours DOS graphics

Slipgate
2005-03-18, 11:03
While apparently みな is not incorrect from what Haeleth told me, I would recommend みんな even so. In your final phrase, kazoku is "family" so that was a little odd... (also, doko no... I would end the sentence differently... perhaps just on doko for the colloquial style you are using)

The hyphens before chan were wierd because at first I thought you were extending the i's of their names (though it isn't katakana I'll admit)... are such hyphens normal or accepted? I generally see such hyphens only being in the Englishified way of writing Japanese.

Haeleth
2005-03-18, 12:58
Not bad, actually. Slipgate's points are correct (yes, the long-vowel marks are unnecessary - just write しおりちゃん, etc). In addition:

"何がこれ?" is the wrong way round - "what is this" is "これは何?". You can reverse the order, but in that case you don't connect the two with a particle, and colloquially you wouldn't drop the copula in that case either: "なんだ、これ?" is the best option for what you want to say.

The pattern for comparisons is to use より: e.g. しおりんは あの バカいとこ より ずーっと かわいい. So for your example, しおりちゃんは なゆきさま より にんき ですか?! (Shiori-chan is more popular than Nayuki-sama?!)

cann't play the game for more then few mintues becuase of the art.... look like 16 colours DOS graphics
It's worth perservering. Once you get past the initial shock, it only takes a couple of hours to get used to the lower quality. And the game itself is every bit as good as AIR and Kanon.

AstCd2
2005-03-19, 02:07
cann't play the game for more then few mintues becuase of the art.... look like 16 colours DOS graphics
It's worth perservering. Once you get past the initial shock, it only takes a couple of hours to get used to the lower quality. And the game itself is every bit as good as AIR and Kanon.

Personally, I'd love to see a remake of One with Neo-Itarian art (as completely unlikely as that would be at this point); I'm thinking of something along the lines of Leaf's Kizuato Renewal, though given the controversy over the new art in that particular title (especially regarding Hatsune; third from the left), perhaps it'd only open a whole new can of worms...

<center>
http://www.roflol.net/meow/renew.jpg
</center>

(Apologies for the large image size)

Nanatuha
2005-03-19, 03:32
One vote to Mai. (Pitiful Mai & [quote=Nanatuha]I honestly thought Tactics would fail when I saw MOON's picture at first. It seemed pretty cheap game. ;P

I myself have never played MOON., too. I just saw some pictures in a ecchi-game magazine so I don't know other pictures is worse or not, as my experience. I suppose it's is about as same degree as ONE.

I think ONE's graphic is being helped by comedic atmosphere that drifts in the first half. If they are in the bright world, the few distortions of a sketch or the primary color of painting may be more unremarkable.

>Kizuato
I personally like former. I feel more emotion from old edition's character. ;)

zalas
2005-03-19, 03:56
Hmm, I see "MOON CHILDe" is to be a "lunatic ADV"? O_o;
Wait... so how do we differentiate between the fans of Tsukihime, Moon and MOON CHILDe???

Hrm... Tsukihime fans can probably be converted into "Princess Lunatics", MOON fans just be "Lunatics" and these MOON CHILDe fans be Lolilunatics <_< >_>

AstCd2
2005-03-19, 05:08
I don't know other pictures is worse or not, as my experience. I suppose it's is about as same degree as ONE.

Here are some comparisons I've put together for the edification of all you Key fans out there.
Take a look and make up your own minds =P

http://www.roflol.net/meow/ikumi.jpg
Left: Our heroine Amasawa Ikumi
Right: Perennial childhood friend Nagamori Mizuka (One)

http://www.roflol.net/meow/yui.jpg
Left: ロリ担当Nakura Yui
Right: Shiina Mayu (One)

http://www.roflol.net/meow/yuri.jpg
Left: Nakura Yuri
Right: Misaka Kaori (Kanon)

http://www.roflol.net/meow/mother.jpg
Left: Mysterious oba-san
Right: Arch-demon-san (Kanon)

Omake
Renewed version cover art (http://www.roflol.net/meow/new.jpg)
Excerpt from Moon's most infamously poorly written H-scene. Shame on you, Maeda-san. (http://www.roflol.net/meow/h.jpg)

>Kizuato
I personally like former. I feel more emotion from old edition's character. ;)

Minazuki's recent art is very popular, does it?]あんまり人気がないみたいですな、最近の水無月氏の絵は…

Hrm... Tsukihime fans can probably be converted into "Princess Lunatics", MOON fans just be "Lunatics" and these MOON CHILDe fans be Lolilunatics <_< >_>

Loli-goth-lunatics, no less! =P
(What about fans of Moon Phase? Or 水月? 水無月?)

Haeleth
2005-03-19, 05:48
Minazuki's recent art is very popular, does it?]あんまり人気がないみたいですな、最近の水無月氏の絵は…
Given that I'm using an example as my avatar, you may deduce I don't think it's that bad. ;)

Excerpt from Moon's most infamously poorly written H-scene. Shame on you, Maeda-san.
読んでたまるか!

I think ONE's graphic is being helped by comedic atmosphere that drifts in the first half. If they are in the bright world, the few distortions of a sketch or the primary color of painting may be more unremarkable.
Good point. Even things like the street and the 中庭, which almost look like toys or children's drawings, don't seem so bad if you look at them that way.

Looking through the graphics again, there's actually some in there that are rather good, particularly from the dream sequences. I only just noticed how Clannad's dream sequences are done in the same style as ONE's... not only graphically, but right down to switching the protagonist's first-person pronoun from 俺 to 僕. A nice tribute to their roots. (Maybe everyone else noticed that ages ago... go ahead and call me slow if you like. -_-;)

zalas
2005-03-19, 14:39
Loli-goth-lunatics, no less! =P
(What about fans of Moon Phase? Or 水月? 水無月?)
MoonPhase -> phasor/fadder lunatics? ^^; nekomimics >_>;;
Suigetsu -> lunaquatics
Minazuki -> thirsty lunatics ^^;

Slipgate
2005-03-19, 19:59
In any case, I'm glad both Shiori and Nayuki are showing high scores, they're good characters. I feel sad that I'm the only Makoto vote, but meh.

Slipgate

New
2005-03-20, 00:18

└ァ!ミ!ノノ)))〉    | あははーっ♪
    ん| !l.^ヮ゚ノ!|   < 絶対無理
      |く/lつつ     |  ですよ~
     ノ!|/__il〉 リ     \_____
     ' し'ノ

_
   , '´   ヽ.
  〉 >!l#゚ ‐゚ノ|
  Z((く/jつつ
    ))/__il〉
    ´  し'ノ

Gah...

[EDIT: Silly ASCII figures! Stay where you're meant to go!]

I request that all japanese characters in this post are translated. Please.

AstCd2
2005-03-20, 00:23
I request that all japanese characters in this post are translated. Please.

└ァ!ミ!ノノ)))〉    | あははーっ♪
    ん| !l.^ヮ゚ノ!|   < 絶対無理
      |く/lつつ     |  ですよ~
     ノ!|/__il〉 リ     \_____
     ' し'ノ

_
   , '´   ヽ.
  〉 >!l#゚ ‐゚ノ|
  Z((く/jつつ
    ))/__il〉
    ´  し'ノ

I just wanted an excuse to use cute AA characters, to be honest =P

Stranger
2005-03-20, 09:12
wow, my 1st trailer in Japanese is "not bad".... heheee, よい です ねえ. Thanks for the <tt>pointer</tt>s, I keep them in mind.
<small><small>...please don't ask me about the 10th...</small></small>O.O!!
<small><small>o.. ok.... so can we ask about the 1st to 9th vote??!!</small></small>

oh by the way, ONE 2.... is that a continuation of the same game "ONE" or is it a new game with the same name?!, also does it require that you have played through the 1st game?!

I might be able to stomch ONE's graphics if am forced to do so (at the point of a gun)

Haeleth
2005-03-20, 12:44
<small><small>o.. ok.... so can we ask about the 1st to 9th vote??!!</small></small>
Oh, those were real.

oh by the way, ONE 2.... is that a continuation of the same game "ONE" or is it a new game with the same name?!, also does it require that you have played through the 1st game?!
Totally different. Different setting, different characters, different style, different staff. The only things they kept were the name "ONE" and the theme of eternity. By all accounts it's not a particularly bad game, but a lot of people felt they shouldn't have used the name if it wasn't actually a sequel...

I might be able to stomch ONE's graphics if am forced to do so (at the point of a gun)
*draws gun*

New
2005-03-20, 13:01
Oh, those were real.

What's this CHEATING OVER HERE?! CHEATING, CHEATING I SAY!!!!!

K
2005-03-20, 13:56
Totally different. Different setting, different characters, different style, different staff. The only things they kept were the name "ONE" and the theme of eternity. By all accounts it's not a particularly bad game, but a lot of people felt they shouldn't have used the name if it wasn't actually a sequel...
But ONE 2 is such a great name ^_^;

Spiritsnare
2005-03-20, 18:52
But ONE 2 is such a great name ^_^;

As opposed to the corny name given to the next in the series, ONE II 3?

Maybe it's like the FF series...where there's a common thing that connects the series, but other than that, they're totally different.

AstCd2
2005-03-20, 20:57
Maybe it's like the FF series...where there's a common thing that connects the series, but other than that, they're totally different.

Of course, renai games don't usually sell well enough to warrant 11 sequels... =P

Haeleth
2005-03-21, 02:09
I'm sure Tokimemo must be rivalling even FF in numbers by now, if you count all the drama series, substories, puzzle games, typing tutors, and forthcoming MMOG...

Tagan
2005-03-21, 06:05
and forthcoming MMOG...
O_o...Tokimemo MMOG...?

Haeleth
2005-03-21, 06:16
Didn't you hear about that?

http://www.tokimemo-online.konami.jp/

Tagan
2005-03-21, 10:54

http://www.tokimemo-online.konami.jp/

Can't say I have. Sadly, I haven't played any Tokimemo games either. (Curses his lack of knowledge of the japanese language).
Hmm, I bet I'd be able to know more about the game from that website if I could actually read it...
Oh well. Looks interesting. Won't be able to play it until I take about four years of japanese...Haha...*sigh*.

Misu
2005-03-21, 13:16
Hehe... I've heard the Tokemi MMO commonly compared to a very bad online dating service >_>;;

New
2005-03-21, 17:52

http://www.tokimemo-online.konami.jp/I'd play it.

AstCd2
2005-03-22, 00:42
Speaking of which...

http://www.roflol.net/meow/kagimemo.png

See if you can name them all! =P

(...please don't ask me why I have this)

Keisuke
2005-03-22, 08:39
I am not really sure about those guys @_@

But... I think those guys in blue uniforms(Which looks like the uniform from Kanon) are Yuuich, Kuze, and Kitagawa...

[added]

Does such game like that actually exist?

Haeleth
2005-03-22, 17:40
And on the right in the ONE uniforms we presumably have Kouhei, Sumii, and Shun. Not to mention Usa-pyon.

Misu
2005-03-22, 17:47
So does that mean the cool looking guy in black is Yukito o-o...?
(he's got the pointy eyes and long blue hair o-o... but I dont remember a shirt like that from anywhere oO)

And the only missing guy... is he the main char from Clannad (whos name is evading me right now ><)? The hair color matches o-o.

AstCd2
2005-03-22, 21:29
All correct so far.

Yukito probably has the black gakuran simply because he wears black and we don't know what the male uniform looks like for the school in Air.

I must confess that I don't know who the last character is either, but it's not Tomoya because he has blue hair.
My guess is that he's either Tomoyo's brother from Clannad (in which case he really should be wearing one of the uniforms from that game and accompanied by the other male characters) or a character from Moon/Dousei.

Does such game like that actually exist?
We can only hope not.

New
2005-03-23, 07:36
Isn't he that professer dude from AIR that wanted to know how Yukito's puppet thing worked?

Haeleth
2005-03-23, 08:18
Isn't he that professer dude from AIR that wanted to know how Yukito's puppet thing worked?
What professor dude? You don't mean Keisuke, do you? If so, you obviously haven't played the AIR scenario and/or watched ep. 11 of the anime yet. It's certainly not him, anyway, his hair is brown.

Maceart
2005-03-23, 18:52
We know what the students uniforms in AIR looks like. Episode 10 of the anime shows that.

Keisuke
2005-03-23, 19:11
We know what the students uniforms in AIR looks like. Episode 10 of the anime shows that.

Everyone indeed did see the male uniforms in TV anime.

However, that is recent discovery you know. (along with Ryuya's face)
There's a chance that doujin drawing that asuto-chin posted is made way before the AIR TV serise.

AstCd2
2005-03-23, 23:55

Everyone indeed did see the male uniforms in TV anime.

However, that is recent discovery you know. (along with Ryuya's face)
There's a chance that doujin drawing that asuto-chin posted is made way before the AIR TV serise.

Indeed, in the early days of the game's release, it was a common belief that it was an all-girl's school; until someone pointed out that male students appeared in some of the scenarios.

The picture was probably related to the sex-reversal craze that swept Hakagi some time ago, the record of which can be found here: http://hanten.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Haeleth
2005-03-24, 02:47
The picture was probably related to the sex-reversal craze that swept Hakagi some time ago, the record of which can be found here: http://hanten.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
I like the elegant simplicity of the mapping "北川 潤 → 潤"... presumably that poster, at least, is of the party that believes Kitagawa is the same (female) Kitagawa that ONE's Mizuka knew at nursery school. ;)

Maceart
2005-03-24, 21:36
Too bad the male students uniforms in the anime looks kind of plain in AIR...

AIR 12 out! Haven't seen it yet though... Haeleth? Verdict?

Shiro
2005-03-31, 16:22
Ayu of course. <3