PDA

View Full Version : Kanon Drama CDs? Anyone?

Kylon
2005-03-07, 00:12
I was just wondering if anyone here has listened to the Kanon drama CDs? Not just the original drama CDs featuring the game's story but the Anthology series, especially the Akiko series...

Akiko no asa gohan,
Akiko no ban gohan,
Akiko no Tea Time.

Those are the ones I have for now but they're quite entertaining already.

For those who haven't heard, the Akiko series features the skits they used for the Kanon Minase Sanchi radio program a few years ago. The skits were recompiled into 5 CDs and are mostly humorous in nature.

Some of my favorite parts are the reoccuring theme where Mishio Amano... 'falls' for Yuuichi and how she subsequently surprises him (off his chair) by showing up unexpectedly all the time.

But my two favorite scenes are of Kaori; one where Akiko threatens her and Yuuichi with her Jam and Yuuichi pulls her away, wrinkling her blouse. Kawasumi Ayako (seiyuu for Kaori) does a great job of screaming at Yuuichi. 8)

The other is where Kitigawa and Yuuichi (overact and) cry when Kaori catches them not studying... and I think Kawasumi Ayako can't help but laugh herself during that scene as well. 8)

Anyways... so... anyone else listen to these? I can't think of anywhere else on the net to ask about something like this. 8)

AstCd2
2005-03-07, 00:53
I must confess that I haven't heard them myself, but I hear that more than one background character became fan favourites as a result of them.

On a related note, fans of Minase-sanchi can take heart in the news that a neat little CD titled 水瀬さんちと五つの話 will be bundled as an extra with the Kanon TV box set. I'm not entirely sure whether this is a new recording or just a recompilation of the earlier ones, but it sounds like a decidedly good thing to have.

Link:
http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?id=0000000017

Slipgate
2005-03-07, 07:41
I heard about drama CDs but not about this... but now suddenly your talking about it make me wants it all! Drama CDs, comedy CDs, you name it! :)

Slipgate

Spiritsnare
2005-03-07, 16:55
Hell, I'd go for most anything that's Kanon-related and which is considerably good. Especially stuff with Ayu on or in it. <3

Where do you find these CDs, though?

Haeleth
2005-03-07, 17:00
Where do you find these CDs, though?
All the usual places have them... Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006AUU5) and so on. Five disks at 3000 yen apiece = £100 for the full set, though... O_o

I'm not entirely sure whether this is a new recording or just a recompilation of the earlier ones...
The contents list does not have any titles in common with the contents lists for the five seperately available CDs, so it may well be a new recording. Or episodes from the radio that never made it onto disk, if there were any.

...the Akiko series...
I see disk 4 has 名探偵水瀬秋子さんの事件簿 (The Case-book of Famous Detective Akiko Minase)... presumably the series producers decided on a job for her, then. ;)

zalas
2005-03-07, 18:07
And through suitable application of "Mystery Jam," she solves all her mysteries efficiently!

Kylon
2005-03-07, 18:51
All the usual places have them... [Link to Amazon.co.jp] and so on. Five disks at 3000 yen apiece = £100 for the full set, though... O_o

I typically buy from cdjapan.co.jp but its pretty much full price there. Like you said... ouch.. my wallet still hurts.

CDJapan is good if you can't deal with the Japanese though. However, Amazon.co.jp does sell old or re-used CDs which are cheaper. You'll need a Japanese address to send them to... if you have any friends in Japan you can save a bit of money. (Still have to ship them from Japan so calculate your costs. 8) )

I see disk 4 has 名探偵水瀬秋子さんの事件簿 (The Case-book of Famous Detective Akiko Minase)... presumably the series producers decided on a job for her, then. ;)

aCk! Disc 4 had a bonus track for the first press. First press is sold out at CDJapan. 8)

If this helps, these Akiko-san anthology drama CDs are

MACP-1006
MACP-1007
MACP-1014
MACP-1015
MACP-1016

The other Anthology CDs are what they say 'side-stories' but as far as I can tell, they're background stories before during and after? the Kanon anime/game. (Er.. maybe that's what side story means after all. o.O)

For example they talk about Kaori meeting Makoto just as she... er.. 'came into town', before she hunts down Yuuichi.

*** 質問タイム ***
Ok, so now that I've determined that (hopefully) some of you have this... the question is... on CD 5 of the Akiko-san series, Akiko-san no Tea Time...

Track 13, Mishio no dairi seito, near the end (4:20), Yuuichi says something:

[Yuuichi] "Kimi no oya-san **au** naccha."
[Amano] "Eh? Watshi no... oya ni? Masaka!"
[Yuuichi] "Chigau."
[Amano] "Suteki. Suteki! Suteki!!"
(and then Amano goes off into her own little world while Yuuichi leaves.)

What did Yuuichi say? I can't quite hear or figure it out. Did he just say he met her parents? There doesn't seem to be context to understand this from the rest of the CD. Maybe it happened on disc 4 that I still don't have... grrr.

On retrospect... that would make Amano go off into her own little world after all. 8)

zalas
2005-03-08, 00:21
For some reason, I read that as "your parents started saying 'auuuu'" -_-;;

AstCd2
2005-03-08, 01:50
Now, if they'd only hurry up and make 神尾さんち =P
(霧島さんち or 岡崎さんち would also be acceptable).

AzureLight
2005-03-08, 13:47
Now, if they'd only hurry up and make 神尾さんち =P
Wow~ the demands, the demands...

Haeleth
2005-03-10, 09:01
aCk! Disc 4 had a bonus track for the first press. First press is sold out at CDJapan. 8)
They all did, I believe... :(

Ok, so now that I've determined that (hopefully) some of you have this... the question is... on CD 5 of the Akiko-san series, Akiko-san no Tea Time...
[see above for the quote in question]
Given Amano's usual reactions in this series, might it be a reference to meeting the parents as a step towards arranging a marriage? I don't have #5, so I can't check your transcription.

Wouldn't 岡崎さんち just consist of Tomoya and his poor father ignoring each other? Hardly the stuff of which comedy is made. :p

Now, if you'd said 古河さんち... ☆_☆

AstCd2
2005-03-10, 12:30
Now, if you'd said 古河さんち... ☆_☆

What I actually had in mind was the post-final ending 岡崎さんち lineup, but 古河さんち isn't without it's own charms =P

Haeleth
2005-03-10, 12:40
Oh, those Okazakis. That makes more sense.

Kylon
2005-03-14, 00:11
So, has anyone else listened to the Drama CDs then? Any of them? Obviously Haeleth has. 8)

What do people think? Comments? Questions? Recommendations?

I'm trying to continue the discussion here since... there's no place else in the world where I could discuss something like this (in English) I think. 8)

Haeleth
2005-03-25, 05:29
Recommendations? Anyone who understands Japanese and hasn't listened to these should at least try it. ;)

You've prompted me to complete my collection, but I haven't had time to listen to the lot yet...

AstCd2
2005-03-25, 05:36
Some further details on the limited edition CD that comes with the DVD box:

1. It's a brief story about a nabe party at the Minases', interspersed with commentary from the voice actors/actresses about the TV series and their characters.

2. Some references are made to stories in Minase-san-chi, such as クレーン嵐祐一 and 名探偵あゆ, but sadly, Mishio-tan has been drastically toned down.

3. Oddly enough, the contents don't seem to be the same as those mentioned on the (now no longer existing) site I linked earlier, so perhaps there's more than one 'extra' CD out there.

New
2005-08-31, 07:58
*Bump*

Taking Japanese 1 *Is pelted by rocks), so one thing I've decided to theorize, since I can't really read Japanese without going through a painstaking process, mainly because we don't learn the horrid horrors of Kanji until 2-3rd Japanese. I figure, thus, that the best way to increase my vocabulary, and then listen to the words in context, to get a good idea how they are used.

Better doing it listening to something like Kanon then to some boring old man with a practice tape, right? >_>

So, can someone please babysit me through the amazon site, or better, point me to the direct link so I can buy the whole set rather than stumble through it?

*Bump*

GreatSaintLouis
2005-08-31, 11:25
I'd actually warn you away from the drama CDs as a learning instrument if you're taking Japanese 1. If you're anything like me, you'll have a hard enough time remembering past negative u-column verb short forms (i.e.) as it is. While it is a nifty collectable to have, and can be helpful when you're working on a more advanced command of the language, the drama CDs were designed for those who can understand Japanese fluently - and like it or not, the boring old man on the audiotape will help you learn more at this stage than Kanon drama CDs.

Think of it this way: you watch a lot of anime, right? And yet I'd imagine that aside from a handful of phrases (which may or may not have been translated correctly by the subbers), you've probably not picked up a useful amount of Japanese from it. Drama CDs are similar, except without subtitles and images to watch, you may even find yourself BORED. Not to say that they won't be helpful to you in, say, second year, but right now you've gotta get the basics down before the CDs will start to make even a lick of sense.

l|ammamama
2005-08-31, 15:45
I agree with GreatSaintLouis's reccomendation. Watching / listening anime has been a boon to my understanding of the japanese language, but only after you get the neccesary groundwork such that you can understand what they're rambling on about. Heck even after 4 years of the language i have a hard time following dialogue sometimes, just because they tend to keep talking whether you understood what they said or not =(

Once you learn enough text-book japanese from a class, shows or tapes such as what you mentioned will go a Long way towards helping you with the coloquialisms (i butched the spelling on That one) that are all over the place in japanese. However, without learning what 'それは いいじゃない' means, more lax syntax like 'それゃ いいじゃん' will probably cause more trouble then its worth.

New
2005-08-31, 23:03
.... *Is convinced not to use the drama cd's to learn, but still wants them because GSL already won the Clannad Special Edition and other fun stuff, the lucky wank. But I won the 8" Minagi plushy! :D*

I can always get boring old men from my dad's friend. ?_? So, thank you for the advice, I shall follow.

I still want them, though. >_>

GreatSaintLouis
2005-09-01, 07:21
I can always get boring old men from my dad's friend. ?_?
Σ(゜Д゜;)
This puts a frightening new facet on your life that I had never remotely considered. If you ever need to talk, all of us are here, plus there are hotlines you can call for this sort of thing...

As for the Drama CDs, by all means: get them, especially as a collector's piece. And as you learn more and more Japanese, you'll enjoy listening to them and saying, "Hey, I just got what she said!", even if it is only a sentence here and there to start with. I basically was just trying to tell you that they wouldn't be very helpful as learning material, not trying to convince you to eschew them altogether.

Besides, it's a bit of incentive in your studies, to be able to understand the CDs eventually if you keep at it.

2005-09-01, 11:26
I can always get boring old men from my dad's friend. ?_?
Σ(゜Д゜;)
This puts a frightening new facet on your life that I had never remotely considered. If you ever need to talk, all of us are here, plus there are hotlines you can call for this sort of thing...

That's not what I meant. =_=