PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] AIR TV Discussion #4: AIR [I'm gonna flour ya!]

zalas
2005-03-03, 21:16
Starting a new thread for discussion from the last part of Episode 9 onwards. Please use http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php?t=193 for discussion SUMMER related events (main parts of episode 8 and 9 and the last parts of episode 7)

AIR TV Official Homepage: http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/
AIR TV DVD Purchase Links:
1: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007D5J2Y/
2: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007TKPI6/
3: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007TKPIG/
4: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007URZAQ/
5: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007URZB0/
6: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007URZBA/

Keisuke
2005-03-04, 00:58
V pna urne Fben'f ibvpr!!! V pna ernyyl urne!!!

Haeleth
2005-03-04, 02:35
I see they're following their same policy of making blindingly obvious in the anime that which one only realises gradually in the game. Or maybe it just looks blindingly obvious with hindsight...?

The next-episode teaser looks VERY promising. Looks like they're going to include the bit with Potato! Piko piko wa~i! (I hope they don't leave out That CG...)

zalas
2005-03-04, 03:25
For some reason, I remember that Potato scene from DREAM, and not AIR :/

Keisuke
2005-03-04, 07:57
For some reason, I remember that Potato scene from DREAM, and not AIR :/

I can't remember for 100%, but I think scene which Sora encounters Potato comes up in AIR, if you (Yukito) decide to hear Haruko's 'backyard' story during the prologue scenario of the game.

houkoholic
2005-03-04, 08:02
I see they're following their same policy of making blindingly obvious in the anime that which one only realises gradually in the game. Or maybe it just looks blindingly obvious with hindsight...?

It's definitely a very non-subtle hint, but I think the hindsight makes players of the game much more aware and sure of fact that what's happening is indeed happening, while non-players would be having a good time just poundering about whether "it" really did happen.

Either way I don't think it was a bad call to do it, because it ended the episode on a very good note and ob yet another cliffhanger.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-10, 10:28
I hope I'm not being too dense for not getting 'it' quite yet...

The DVD boxart for the series is absolutely gorgeous - it's just too bad that 6 or so $45 region 2 DVDs is not quite a good financial investment right now. -_-

gp32
2005-03-10, 10:41
I hope I'm not being too dense for not getting 'it' quite yet...
That's not being "dense". That's being "financially responsible". ^_^

[Edit: oops. I got totally mixed up about which 'it' you were referring to -_-]

Fortunately, the AIR DVD's should remain on sale for at least the foreseeable future :)

zalas
2005-03-10, 18:11
Just watched episode 10. I'm actually glad for once at the way they used speed to get through redundant scenes. :) However, I do miss some of Sora's commentary that was in the game but absent in the anime, and also the bleaching incident (if I remember correctly). Oh well, can't have everything :)

Episode 10 Spoilers:
Gur jnl gurl unaqyrq ure grzcre gnagehz jbexrq ernyyl jryy, naq vg'f xvaq bs shaal ubj vg ybbxf yvxr Zvantv fpnerq Fben bss ol bssrevat uvz n cynpr gb fgnl, naq nyfb gur snpg gung n fvzvyne bssre jnf cerfragrq gb Lhxvgb orsber, V guvax. Naq orsber Lhxvgb'f erirnyrq, vg'f xvaq bs shaal ubj lbh qba'g frr uvf snpr ng nyy :Q Ubjrire, V qba'g dhvgr erzrzore Lhxvgb gryyvat Zvfhmh nobhg abg tvivat hc hagvy lbh ernpu lbhe tbny, gubhtu zl zvaq'f xvaqn shmml nobhg vg.

Keisuke
2005-03-12, 10:58
I really liked Sora's class room scene XP

Judging by the next episode preview, I believe I will need a tissues right next to me when I watch the rest of AIR Anime. -_-

zalas
2005-03-12, 13:54
Just realized that it wasn't bleach, but flour -_-;;;
edited thread title <_< >_>

AzureLight
2005-03-12, 17:59
At long, long last, I finally caught up with the raws >D;

ウルトラハッピー~

((EDIT: I nearly made an even greater mistake by clicking on the New Topic button instead of the Post Reply button... dang it, whenever I'm here I never get it right...))

Haeleth
2005-03-13, 18:05
Found time to watch it... ;_;

Possibly still a tad too rushed. I have to agree that a full treatment of AIR would probably have ended up seeming too repetitive, but even so, at this pace - and considering how much of the rest was in the preview of ep. 11 - it's hard to see what's going to be left for ep. 12! Surely they're not planning to stretch the goal scene out to a full episode, complete with a 25-minute extended version of "Aozora"?

Sora == too goofy. It's something in the voice, I think... in the game he seemed to have a modicum of dignity, but the anime version might as well be a Disney sidekick. Fortunately Misuzu more than makes up for it. They've really gone all-out on her...

I shall never forgive the heartless bastard who decided to cut this (http://haeleth.net/temp/niwa.jpg) (mild game spoiler, except not really as we already talked about it above).

BTW, this time's preview has more spoilers than previous ones. Not that they haven't already made most of the plot a lot more explicit<sup>*</sup> than it was in the game, so that may not be a big problem.

* Not like that, naughty.

zalas
2005-03-13, 20:37
Uez... V qba'g erzrzore gung sernxl Cbgngb cvp va gur QP irefvba, ohg V erzrzore gur fprar. Qvq gurl gnxr gung PT bhg? =C

houkoholic
2005-03-15, 04:52
My prediction on how the next 2 episode will be laid out:

Va rcvfbqr 11 vg jvyy pbire Zvfhmh fybjyl ybfvat ure zrzbel, Gnpuvonan nccrnef naq znxrf gurve 3 qnl cebzvfr, Unehxb gelvat irel uneq gb cynl jvgu ure, naq gur ynfg 5 be fb zvahgrf jvyy or gur ornpu fprar. Raqf ba n frzv-ubcrshy abgr. :c

Va rcvfbqr 12, fcraq svefg unys be fb qrnyvat jvgu gur zngfhev orvat envarq bhg, gura tb gb gur fuevar sbe gur qvabfnhe tenoovat fprar. Ynfg unys tbrf vagb gur snzbhf tbny fprar, gura cbffvoyl n fubeg rcvybthr jvgu Unehxb, Gnpuvonan, naq Fben svanyyl sylvat bss.

zalas
2005-03-17, 19:41
Just watched episode 11.
I have one very concrete thought about a certain scene in it:

Gur cneg jurer lbh frr Zvfhmh pnyy bhg 'znzn' ohg pbhyqa'g urne vg ng svefg jnf whfg oevyyvnag, naq V sryg gung vg nqqrq gerzraqbhfyl gb gur cbvtanapl(fc?) bs gur fprar. Vg ybbxf yvxr guvf grpuavdhr jbhyq bayl jbex va navzngvba/zbgvba cvpgher naq V'z tynq gurl nqbcgrq guvf grpuavdhr sbe gur fubj, fvapr gurer ner n ybg bs guvatf gung jevgvat pna qb ohg navzngvba pna abg, juvyr guvf vf gur rknpg bccbfvgr.いやっほぅ!京兄最高!!

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-18, 00:14
[Edit: oops. I got totally mixed up about which 'it' you were referring to -_-]
Well, I wasn't exactly clear as crystal myself, hee hee.

Epsiode 10 felt a little fast paced, even to someone who's not played the game all the way through, but I got the feeling that a lot of it would be rehashing eps. 1-7 with the inclusion of Sora, so I wasn't too disappointed. He was almost a bit too comical at times, but I think it was a nice counterpoint to the drama/seriousness of the last few episodes, and I've got a sinking feeling that the next few episodes most likely won't be puppies and roses. I'm kindof taking it as a 'laugh while you still can' sort of thing...

BTW, this time's preview has more spoilers than previous ones. Not that they haven't already made most of the plot a lot more explicit* than it was in the game, so that may not be a big problem.

I've stopped watching previews for series I'm really involved with. Anime previews, in my general experience, seem to be sometimes less a preview and more a summary of the high (or low) points in the upcoming episode. Not fun. :(

Haeleth
2005-03-18, 15:25
Episode 11: Haruko fanservice. Enough said.

Quite impressive, really - they managed to get through that whole sentimental part and I only gagged twice...

Keisuke
2005-03-18, 16:24
"まま-!!" (T^T)

I... I really don't think I can "survive" if I watch ep. 12 .....

Spiritsnare
2005-03-18, 19:15
Watch it anyway to give closure to the anime.

Hmm, what's next, Clannad, or Planetarian OVA?

Valkyrie
2005-03-19, 01:57
V ubcr gurl qvq yrnir fbzrguvat nog gur Unehxb xarryvat ng ure fvf'f uhfonaq'f cynpr gb nfx sbe gur creznarag phfgbql bs Zvfhmh gubhtu. N IREL gbhpuvat xvaq bs n fprar gung jbhyq or. Whfg yvxr va gur tnzr vgfrys, gubhtu vg jnf bayl zragvbarq nf n snpg va gur tnzr naq abguvat zhpu jnf fubja nog vg. :C

Korgath
2005-03-19, 13:29
It has been mentioned that the anime's pretty fast but in some parts I think that's a very good thing, since Key games tend to have some pacing issues (read: get REALLY SLOW) IMHO and Air was pretty bad in this regard. It's still a good game, don't get me wrong, but I couldn't help but feel that way when playing through the last couple of days in Minagi's scenario and the final scenario, though they both offered the most powerful endings, emotionally speaking. Therefore I feel that the pacing in episode 11 is just right in this case. Ofcourse, this could just be me.

Also, I'm glad they left in one of my favorite lines...

敬介: あなたのそばで病んでいくこの子ほっては置けない。

晴子: その標準語やめ!聞いてたら気持ちワルなってくるわ!

adun50
2005-03-21, 00:07
well with only one ep to go. I'd say thatthe TV series has been quite well. even though they took out a few favourite scenes but all good.

frrvat Unehxb'f nggrzcg gb svk Zvfhmh'f unve jnf dhvgr shaal, ururur

as a side note (and not wanting to bring an old thread back to life) looky at what came in the mail today:

Click here (http://members.westnet.com.au/adun50/images/potato_02.jpg)

Haeleth
2005-03-21, 02:10
as a side note (and not wanting to bring an old thread back to life) looky at what came in the mail today
<overcome with="jealousy">I... I... I HATE YOU!</overcome>

Keisuke
2005-03-21, 02:57

Haha. That is really cute. ^^
I've seen many different kinds of Potato plushies, but I think yours is the cutest by far.

ChronoReverse
2005-03-21, 10:41
Urk... I want one too ;_;

Tagan
2005-03-21, 10:58

I love that Potato doll! So cute ^^.

Maceart
2005-03-23, 19:02
No way.. ADUN you actually shelled out 30 bucks for a potato plushie. I envy your guts.

Anyway, I thought episode 11 was very well paced, the Haruko fanservice was a bit over the top, but nevertheless a solid AIR episode.

I've realized than whenver they play "ginrio" in the anime, tears will well in my eyes. Maybe because it's a great song, but I dunno. Music is definately a strong part of this anime.

What's next for KyoAni, I really hope they make an anime movie on Planetarian, or maybe a CLANNAD anime.

I also heard Type-Moon is thinking of a Fate/Stay Night anime. Is that true?

adun50
2005-03-23, 22:06
No way.. ADUN you actually shelled out 30 bucks for a potato plushie. I envy your guts.

i have spent more on other items, such as figurines or artbooks. so this was really nothing, though I am tempted to buy a second one. why stop at one when I can have two!

Keisuke
2005-03-24, 00:20
I've just watched ep.11 again for heck of it, and I also watched the ep.12 preview for the first time(I didn't want to see how the last episode would look like back then).

Well, judging by what Misuzu is saying during the ep 12 preview, I think this AIR anime will have a different ending compare to the game. What do you guys think? (Then again.... we won't be able to listen to beautiful Aozora....)

why stop at one when I can have two!
When you get the second one..... Would you care to trade it with one of mine? ^_^ (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/airplush.jpg)

Valkyrie
2005-03-24, 04:25
Hmmm...but then the Air anime so far has followed the game quite well....if the ending does differ though....I think it's unlikely though.

zalas
2005-03-24, 14:20
Well, judging by what Misuzu is saying during the ep 12 preview, I think this AIR anime will have a different ending compare to the game. What do you guys think? (Then again.... we won't be able to listen to beautiful Aozora....)

They intentionally made the preview ambiguous so as to not even give a hint for the spoiler. If they don't keep to the original ending, many heads at KyoAni will roll...

第12話キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!

AstCd2
2005-03-25, 05:28
http://www.roflol.net/meow/air.jpg

Good work, KyoAni.
In the words of Maeda: 「クラナド」もぜひ、つくって下さい!

Haeleth
2005-03-25, 16:13
Episode 12 verdict: good stuff. A shame in a sense that they didn't take the opportunity to answer any of the questions the game leaves one with. But as a straight adaptation it left little to be desired.

Except, strangely enough, for the "goal scene", which failed to elicit the expected floods of tears. Maybe it's because I was anticipating it too much... or maybe it's because they went and included the damn pan-up-to-the-sky cliche. As usual, I really want to know what the people who haven't played the game made of this.

Visually, I'd say the high point this time was Haruko's parting with Sora. Slightly too magical-girl at points, but some of the sun effects were very nice to look at, and the way they captured the sequential-CGs nature of Sora's flight in animation was just inspired. The other big CG section, the creation/evolution animations accompanying the mother's speech, wasn't quite as successful IMO... some of the CG there was a bit intrusive. Nice dinosaurs, though. (I'm very much in favour of dinosaurs - it was only recently that my Key plushie collection started to be larger than my dinosaur plushie collection.)

Oh, and Potato cameo = wonderful. God, I love Hijiri... ☆_☆

Keisuke
2005-03-25, 16:42
*agrees on everything what just boss said*

I laughed when I saw Haruko doing a sort of "AIR merchandise advertisement." XP (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/haru.jpg)

adun50
2005-03-25, 17:38
well I didn't get upto the Air part of the game, but I say that the end was done well. though the ending does leave for a few questions unanswered. and I agree with Haeleth, the tear scene, hhmm, a bit much there.

the CG was done well. I'd say the train was done quite well and Sora's takeoff was good also.

ohg jvgu gur "cerivrj" ng gur raq, qbrf gung zrna gurer vf n 13gu rcvfbqr tbvat gb or eryrnfrq bayl ba qiq?

@Haeleth: dinosaur collection huh, then this (http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP08577) might interest you

Maceart
2005-03-25, 18:04
By the way, Adun, I heard you secured your grubby paws on a Potato plushie. Care to describe the feelings you have in owning such an exquisite product?

K
2005-03-25, 19:22
@Haeleth: dinosaur collection huh, then this (http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP08577) might interest you
I wasn't aware it had a name o_o;

Misu
2005-03-25, 20:58
Yeah, i second the name thing o_O...

But I must admit, Proton-kun is one odd name for a cute stuffed dinosaur XD.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-26, 02:30
I've only seen up to 11 thus far, and it'll probably be a week or so until the fansubbers get 12 completed (I wouldn't want to waste something like Air by trying to understand it with my fledgling Japanese skills), but I had one question - does the series stop at 12, or 13 episodes?

AstCd2
2005-03-26, 02:38
Twelve.

(Unless KyoAni sees fit to bless us with a bonus episode on the DVDs)

adun50
2005-03-26, 03:01
By the way, Adun, I heard you secured your grubby paws on a Potato plushie. Care to describe the feelings you have in owning such an exquisite product?

I'll let Potato speak on my behalf.

Potato: piko piko piko....piko pikori

Spiritsnare
2005-03-26, 10:07
I've only seen up to 11 thus far, and it'll probably be a week or so until the fansubbers get 12 completed (I wouldn't want to waste something like Air by trying to understand it with my fledgling Japanese skills), but I had one question - does the series stop at 12, or 13 episodes?

zalas might want to back me up on this, but the Moonphase Diary said something about 15 eps, right? That, coupled with the next ep preview...

if that's the case, then we have three more eps of AIR to go.

Haeleth
2005-03-26, 10:41
I think the 15 eps thing turned out to be a misprint. Last I heard, the 13th BSi episode is going to be a summary of the whole series, with no new footage, and not planned for DVD release at all.

Oh, and Proton-kun: kawai~i!
(And also £20 excl. P&P... I fear food will have to be a higher priority than plushie collection. ;_;)

Spiritsnare
2005-03-26, 11:49
the 13th BSi episode is going to be a summary of the whole series...

In other words, it pulls off a ep 11 recap-in-a-box?

adun50
2005-03-26, 13:36
(And also £20 excl. P&P... I fear food will have to be a higher priority than plushie collection. ;_;)

you could last off cup noodles for a week or two :P

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-26, 15:16
Some of us do anyways. The extent to which the human body can be derived of normal nutrition without contracting scurvey or some other sinister disorder is amazing indeed.

I was wondering on the episode thing because I had heard that there would only be 12 episodes, but I thought the standard for half-seasons was 13. Then again, I've seen full seasons range anywhere from 22 to 27 episodes (when they are supposed to be 26, I think), so there's obviously little consistency in the anime world with regard to how long a season is. :\

zalas
2005-03-26, 15:19
Generally single "season" shows can be either 12 or 13 (Tsukihime was 12, so was Someday's Dreamers).

Spiritsnare
2005-03-26, 16:41
Some of us do anyways. The extent to which the human body can be derived of normal nutrition without contracting scurvey or some other sinister disorder is amazing indeed.

...therefore making it (cup ramen) the cheapest choice for the college student.

I was wondering on the episode thing because I had heard that there would only be 12 episodes, but I thought the standard for half-seasons was 13. Then again, I've seen full seasons range anywhere from 22 to 27 episodes (when they are supposed to be 26, I think), so there's obviously little consistency in the anime world with regard to how long a season is. :\

Maybe 13 regular eps + 2 OVAs or something?

Haeleth
2005-03-26, 17:53
At any rate - there's absolutely no chance there'll be another episode as such of AIR. It said 最終話 in big characters on the title, and ended with a big 終. That's pretty conclusive. I have a theory about the preview, but I'll have to go back and watch it again before I comment further on that. (If I say no more, I was wrong.)

Been there, done that... well, not precisely, but I lasted one term mostly on muesli and the free meals you could get once a week if you sat through a chapel service. After that I stopped buying games three at a time. ^^;

Spiritsnare
2005-03-27, 08:42
After that I stopped buying games three at a time. ^^;

:O We're losing faith in you, buddy!

just kidding, just kidding

ChronoReverse
2005-03-27, 22:53
Potential Spoilers obviously. Don't read if you haven't seen Air 12.

Overall pretty good. I wish it could've ended perfectly though. Oh well.

The tear streams seemed a little thick O_o

Parting speech cheesy.

Mother's speech ditto.

The goal scene hit me though. As a one who has yet to play the game (and carefully avoiding spoilers of the ending) it had impact. Ironically, I've seen it before except it was a Hidden Eterny Special in Eternal Fighter Zero.

And now I get to see the nice ambiguous ending that was talked about.

I shall choose to believe this:

Cycle breaks in this summer and curse is broken. Misuzu is still human though so she dies. However, Kanna will not have to suffer forever anymore.

Attempts to dissuade me from this will be summarily ignored unless it's even more appealing.

zalas
2005-03-27, 23:35
I think the thick tears bothered me as well, in the Misuzu scenes also. Maybe they were drinking too many weird juices and the thick juices started getting into their bloodstream and then their tear ducts? =P

Slipgate
2005-03-28, 09:07
The series is 12 episodes, but the next ep preview literally says "Recap episode" for 13. I'll watch it, personally. Don't know about the rest of you.

I'm left hanging on quite a few things. Based on... was it zalas?.... someone's thoughts after ep 10 on how ep 11 and 12 would play out... (which when I went back after ep 11, he'd been on the money about how far ep 11 went) I was expecting to see Xnaan or serrq, (yes that's ROT13ed) but I didn't see that and Fben pbagvahvat uvf frnepu made it sound like in the end Xnaan unq fgvyy abg orra fnirq naq Zvfhmh jnf qrnq sehvgyrffyl. :( Also, it hinted at who the kids might be but didn't say enough... I've completely disagreed with people who think that the anime is confusing to those who haven't played the game because I've understood events well enough once they've happened and I can see the setup retrospectively. But while this episode was great it didn't feel as awesome as 11 felt to me. It was cool though and I "mostly" got it.

So that, Haeleth, is the opinion of someone who hasn't played the game (or rather, again, only saw the first couple minutes of dialogue with Misuzu so far but only did that after being a few episodes in).

I feel wonked out that there's no more Air. I was using that as a bit of a weekly measure... I still have six weeks of school left and Air was sort of earmarking each week for me. A friend of mine (not the one I usually reference, another guy who's not watching the show) was surprised when I mentioned episode 11 to him because he was like, "It seems like only yesterday you were raving about ep 1"... :P

Slipgate

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-29, 00:12
Jryy, V whfg svavfurq rcvfbqr 12, naq V unir gb fnl gung V'z engure pbashfrq. Jung whfg gbbx cneg gurer? Jung V tbg, rfcrpvnyyl sebz Fben'f cnegvat fcrrpu, jnf gung Lhxvgb rffragvnyyl snvyrq - Xnaan jnfa'g erfphrq, naq Zvfhmh rffragvnyyl qvrq sbe abguvat, rkprcg gb cbffvoyl uryc grnpu Unehxb jung yvsr vf ernyyl nobhg. Nf fbzrbar jub unq arire cynlrq gur tnzr, V sryg gung gur svefg 11 rcfvbqrf jrer rkpryyrag naq yrsg zr jvgu arneyl ab dhrfgvbaf; nz V ernqvat 12 evtug be vf gurer fbzrguvat V zvffrq?
V ernyyl arrq gb cynl gur tnzr abj - gur fgbel jnf rkpryyrag, ohg 12 sryg gbb ehfurq. Cyhf, vs gur raqvat ernyyl jbexrq bhg gur jnl V haqrefgnaq vg, vg'f abg erzbgryl nf urneg-jerapuvat nf gur yngre srj rcvfbqrf bs Xnaba, be Cynargnevna rvgure, ohg vafgrnq whfg irel qrcerffvat ng jung nzbhagrq gb n (arneyl) gbgny jnfgr, qrfcvgr gur orfg rssbegf bs nyy vaibyirq.

Gur obl naq tvey ba gur ornpu nyfb unq zr pbashfrq - jnf vg fhccbfrq gb zrna gung gur obl jvyy or gur arkg bar gb pbagvahr Lhxvgb'f dhrfg? Ur qvqa'g yrnir nal xvqf oruvaq, fb oneevat nal bguref va uvf snzvyl, Elhhln'f dhrfg rffragvnyyl raqrq, evtug?

Sbe nf cbjreshy nf gur ohvyqhc bs gur svefg 12 rcvfbqrf jnf, 13 frrzrq engure nagvpyvznpgvp va ubj pbashfrq vg yrsg zr, naq V'z fnq V jnfa'g noyr gb tenfc gur shyy zrnavat bs vg. :( V guvax V qrsvangryl arrq gb jbex guebhtu gur tnzr abj.

Keisuke
2005-03-29, 00:17
Zvfhmh QVQ yvsg Xnaan'f phefr ol svavfuvat hc nyy bs ure qernz.
Naq fur znantrq gb svavfu vg orpnhfr Lhxvgb tnir uvf yvsr gb Zvfhmh jura Zvfhmh nyzbfg snvyrq vg.

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-29, 01:01
V thrff V qvq zvff fbzrguvat nybat gur jnl gura. :( Urnevat Fben'f svany zhfvatf, rfcrpvnyyl jura ur fnvq ur'q xrrc ybbxvat sbe Xnaan, V gubhtug gung Lhxvgb snvyrq. Jnfa'g Xnaan fhccbfrq gb svaq erfg be fbzrguvat bapr gur phefr jnf yvsgrq, be qvq V zvff fbzrguvat nebhaq gung cneg gbb?

V thrff n erjngpuvat vf va beqre, ohg V'z unccl gb urne gung vg qvqa'g raq ubj V gubhtug.

Gubfr bs lbh jub unir cnegnxra bs gur tnzr sebz ortvaavat gb raq: Jnf gur raqvat rnfvre gb sbyybj guna gur navzr?

Haeleth
2005-03-29, 01:54
Ur qvqa'g yrnir nal xvqf oruvaq, fb oneevat nal bguref va uvf snzvyl, Elhhln'f dhrfg rffragvnyyl raqrq, evtug?
If you play the adult version all the way through, the likelihood that you are incorrect increases considerably. Sex education in Japanese schools evidently leaves a lot to be desired...

GreatSaintLouis
2005-03-29, 03:26
If you play the adult version all the way through, the likelihood that you are incorrect increases considerably.
0_0
...I just hope Michiru wasn't involved.

I don't know, there's just something about scenes of that sort that would, at least to me, cheapen both the impact of the characters and the storytelling. You play the game, thinking, "Misuzu's such a spirited girl for being so cheerful despite her problems and her crazy alcoholic mother and OH MY GOD, WHERE DID SHE LEARN THAT??*" I'd have a hard time taking the rest of it seriously or at the intended dramatic value. No wonder the all-ages versions were kicked out the door so quickly...

* This is the author's exaggeration for dramatic purposes. Having not played even the all-ages version, much less the adult version, the author is (blissfully) unaware of the exact nature of the H-scenes, and as such cannot comment authoritatively on their content.

Slipgate
2005-03-29, 07:13
I felt much as Great St. Louis. Keisuke: If that's what happened, I, like Louis, don't understand why Sora ended on the dialogue he did... care to fill us in?

Also, nffhzvat vg jnf jvgu Zvfhmh (fvapr gur NVE riragf unir gb gnxr ba BAR crezhgngvba bs Qernz), jbhyqa'g gung zrna gung gur jvatrq tvey urefrys vf va gur snzvyl yvar abj? Be vf vg abg snzvyvnyyl cnffrq qbja gur jnl Lhxvgb'f snzvyl vf? V'q guvax vg'q or n yvggyr shaxl sbe yngre trarengvbaf gura vs gur thl naq tvey yvxrq rnpu bgure... hayrff lbh zrna ur trgf vg ba jvgu zber guna bar tvey rira va whfg bar crezhgngvba bs Qernz....

Keisuke
2005-03-29, 09:49
Keisuke: If that's what happened, I, like Louis, don't understand why Sora ended on the dialogue he did... care to fill us in?

Juvpu bar? Bar gung ur fnlf ur vf tbvat gb ybbx sbe gung tvey?

Fben vf tbvat gb frnepu sbe Zvfhmh.
Erzrzore gung Unehxb gbyq Fben Zvfhmh vfa'g ba guvf ynaq nalzber? Fb Fben qrpvqr gb syl naq ybbx sbe Zvfhmh ba gur fxl.
Jryy guvf vf zl gnxr ba gung. V pbhyq or ernyyl jebat nobhg vg.

Slipgate
2005-03-29, 09:57
(Spoilers in this post)

It feels like the ending is slightly different and could easily be interpreted as failing to save Kanna or Misuzu.

Up until now I've felt Air was understandable on its own and enjoyable on its own without game knowledge... you were given enough to understand with... episode 12 feels like the one exception to that. That ability to stand understandably alone is also one reason I like Kanon's anime (the only really hanging things are further information IMO).

I liked the show, but ep 11 wowed me more than 12... 12 was more "Hmmm...." but it was good.

bbcjoke
2005-03-29, 15:27
Jryy, gur fprar fubjvat Xnaan sylvat va gur fxl qrsvangryl fubjf gung fur vf abj serr sebz gur phefr. Pbafvqrevat gung fur naq Zvfhmh ner gur fnzr crefba (npghnyyl, fcvevg...), V thrff Fben jrag gb frnepu sbe ure, fvapr rira gubhtu fur vf serr fur vf fgvyy nybar va gur fxl.

Slipgate
2005-03-29, 20:08
Ohg V qvqa'g frr ure sylvat va gur fxl! Nyfb V'q urneq gung Xnaan qvrf (nyorvg serrq) ng gur raq bs gur NVE fpranevb bs gur tnzr. Naq jung bs gur puvyqera?

Koki
2005-03-30, 06:17
My take on the end of episode 12 : )

Nf V haqrefgbbq, gur ornpu puvyqera jrer "nfcrpgf" bs Lhxvgb naq Henun (be znlor gur yvggyr tvey jnf nabgure Xnaan nfcrpg? Vz abg fher) . Guvf gvzr, obgu bs gurz zrg zhpu rneyvre, naq ng yrnfg gur arj Lhxvgh frrzf zhpu zber njner bs gur fvghngvba. Fb, V guvax Xnaan vf fgvyy jnvgvat va gur Nve, ohg gurl ner pybfre gb gur svany tbny. Sbe zr jnf n fnq raqvat va n jnl, ohg n unccl bar vs lbh ybbx ng gur jubyr cvpgher.

2005-03-30, 09:45
Finally finished AIR 12. Great episode nevertheless, but KyoAnimation fell under the Kanon trap, using the one girl checklist formula. I felt as the anime, overall was very nicely done, but the pacing was atrocious. The Final episode was very poignant, it still brought tears to my eyes. Yes the tears were a bit thick, but KyoAni has done a magnificent job doing their first h-game to anime conversion.

Great. Now what's next? Kyoto Animation? /me crosses fingers behind his back and hopes for a Planetarian movie/OAV, or maybe CLANNAD anime!!!

Haeleth
2005-03-30, 09:57
...you don't have to rot13 your post if it doesn't have any spoilers in it... ^^;

bbcjoke
2005-03-30, 17:36
Ohg V qvqa'g frr ure sylvat va gur fxl! Nyfb V'q urneq gung Xnaan qvrf (nyorvg serrq) ng gur raq bs gur NVE fpranevb bs gur tnzr. Naq jung bs gur puvyqera?

Jryy, gur sylvat tvey va gur raq bs gur rcvfbqr, fur ybbxrq ernyyl yvxr Xnaan (nygubhtu gung cgrebqnpgvyr znl fubj gung V nz jebat). Nobhg gur puvyqera, V gnxr zl thrff gurl ner "ervapneangvbaf" bs Lhxvgb naq Zvfhmh (whfg yvxr Fben jnf n "ervapneangvba" bs Lhxvgb) gung gnxr yvsr nsgre gur phefr vf oebxra ohg ng gur fnzr gvzr vg vf orvat qvfcryyrq ol Fben ("Gb gurz, pehry qnlf, naq gb hf, n orttvavat." gur obl fnlf. Vg fbhaqf pbashfvat, V xabj).

Slipgate
2005-03-30, 18:48
Your guess? Are you familiar with the game ending or not? Also, gur jvatrq tvey frrzf gb or Xnaan va na raivebazrag pbzcyrgryl qvssrerag sebz cerfrag qnl, fhttrfgvat ab "serrvat" ng nyy... vg'f gur fnzr frggvat nf ure "Elhhln'f qrnq!" qernz.

It comes down to the fact that this ending is uncertain unlike Kanon's, and unlike how the rest of the series managed. It's too uncertain, it just is. I have the benefit of talking to you people, which I didn't need previously but now can't do without. I can only imagine how your basic watcher who didn't already finish the game feels.

bbcjoke
2005-03-31, 02:50
I'm familiar with the game ending as far as my horrible japanese can let me... ^^'
But I get the impression the game CG/anime scene really meaned that.

Hippo
2005-04-03, 00:11
man.... I haven't really played the game.. but I don't quite like the ending of ep12... it's gonna corny with Haruko doing all that stuff to Sora. I guess that's how the game went eh? The anime is kinda like Romeo and Juliet...

Bust Nak
2005-04-05, 07:50
Here is what I think of the ending.

Zvfhmh pelvat bhg znzn ba gur ornpu - gbc znexf.

Unehxb gb Fben sryy jryy vf n gnq purrfl obgu ivfhnyyl jvgu ure ernpuvat gb gur fxl, nf jryy nf gur fcrrpu vgfrys.

Gur obl va gur svany fprar fnvq n ovg gbb zhpu, V qba'g erzrzore gung va gur tnzr. Vg pbashfrq gur vffhr zber guna nalguvat. V gubhtug va gur tnzr vg jnf dhvgr boyvivbhf gung gur Xnaan jnf fnirq, ohg gung vf abg gur pnfr urer. V guvax gur fubj qbrf znxr rabhtu bs n ovt qrny bhg bs Fben abg orvat noyr gb syl gb ortva jvgu fb gur gnxvat bss fprar ybfg n ovg bs vzcnpg. Zvfhmh nyfb qbrfa'g ybbx gverq rabhtu frrvat fur unfa'g fyrcg sbe jung gjb avtugf va n ebj gb nibvq qernzvat?

Ybir gur yvggyr rkgenf yvxr Unehxb ohlvat gur puvpx "synfu onpx", fnzr jvgu gur jura Henun, Elhln naq Xnaan vzntvarq yvivat ol gur frn va gurve svany zbzragf gbtrgure, irel avpr. Gur tbny fprar? Abg fher, fhecevfrq zr n ovg ubj fbba vagb gur rcvfbqr vg jnf.

Bar ynfg guvat, V guvax gur zrzbel bs gur fgnef fcrrpu tvira ol gur jvatrq orvat vf unaqyrq sne orggre va tnzr, rfcrpvnyyl gung irel svany ovg fvzcyr juvgr onpxtebhaq jvgu grkg fnlvat ynfgyl yrg gurve zrzbevrf or unccl zrzbevrf - irel cbjreshy, abg bayl jnf Xnaan serrq bs ure phefr, gur jvfu bs gurve jubyr jvatrq enprq jnf ernyvfrq gunaxf gb gur rssrpg ol Zvfhmh. Va gur fubj V jnf gbb ohfl ybbxvat ng gur fcvaavat cynargf mvccvat npebff gur fperra.

Curj - nyy va nyy, rawblrq gur frevrf irel zhpu, rkprcg V fgvyy unir ab vqrn jung gur gjb xvqf va gur svany fprar ercerfrag.