PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] Air TV discussion #3: SUMMER [ara-ara, maa-maa]

Haeleth
2005-02-17, 14:43
Just as ep. 7 transitions into a new arc, so we transition into a new thread, in accordance with prophecy.

Previous thread: http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php?t=180

ChronoReverse
2005-02-17, 14:43
Whoa!

Possible Episode 7 Spoiler:

V fnj n srj fperrafubgf bs rcvfbqr 7.

Xnaan vf va gurer! Qbrf fhzzre ortva nyernql?

Keisuke
2005-02-17, 15:12
I haven't watched episode 7 yet, but there's something that really bothers me.

Zvfhmh'f qvfrnfr tbg jbefr rira gubhtu Lhxvgb jnfa'g va ure ubhfr abe ur jnf yvivat jvgu ure.
Vg ybbxf gb zr gung Lhxvgb vf urnygul gbb. V jbaqre vs guvf jvyy erfhyg n qvssreag bhgpbzr(raqvat)?

Haeleth
2005-02-17, 15:26
Jryy, Zvfhmh unf orra fcraqvat n ybg zber gvzr jvgu Lhxvgb guna fur qvq va Xnab naq Zvantv'f cnguf va gur tnzr. Naq V'z abg fher gurl'ir dhvgr tbg gb gur fgntr jurer guvatf fgneg trggvat boivbhfyl onq lrg. Gung'f jung V jnf rkcrpgvat gb or va rc. 7.

Keisuke
2005-02-17, 15:36
Jryy, Zvfhmh unf orra fcraqvat n ybg zber gvzr jvgu Lhxvgb guna fur qvq va Xnab naq Zvantv'f cnguf va gur tnzr. Naq V'z abg fher gurl'ir dhvgr tbg gb gur fgntr jurer guvatf fgneg trggvat boivbhfyl onq lrg. Gung'f jung V jnf rkcrpgvat gb or va rc. 7.
Make sense, but...

Va NVE tnzr, Zvfhmh tbg fvpx orpnhfr fur 'PUBFR' Lhxvgb qvqa'g fur?
V jbaqre Zvfhmh fgvyy unq Lhxvgb ba ure zvaq nsgre fur fnj gung Lhxvgb jnf yvivat jvgu Zvantv.
Nyfb, whqtvat ol gur cerivrj, Lhxvgb ybbxrq nyy evtug gb zr.

Oh man, I really wanna see ep.7 now.

zalas
2005-02-17, 17:46
just for those interested, and this may be old news to some, there pic of the cover box for the first DVD volume of Air TV is out. looks very nice.

Air TV DVD Volume 1 (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007D5J2Y/qid=1108610177/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/249-5445862-9701106)

Well, Volume 2 and 3 are up for preorder on Amazon. Check my site for links.

Haeleth
2005-02-17, 17:52
Whether to buy the first editions as they come out, or wait for the box set... that's the real question.

zalas
2005-02-17, 21:45
Whether to buy the first editions as they come out, or wait for the box set... that's the real question.
The answer is obviously both. 笑

Just watched episode 7. It was excellent. I like the way vg genafvgvbaf vagb FHZZRE. Naq fbzrubj, Lhxvgb'f zbgure erzvaqf zr bs Henun _-_. Natel Xnaan=jva!

神奈様キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!

Keisuke
2005-02-18, 09:52
Fb... Gur Qernz fpranevb vf bire abj. V jnf rkcrpgvat Zvfhmh'f fpranevb gb or ybatre.... Bu jryy.

Sbe gur svefg gvzr va uvfgbel, jr trg gb frr gur bssvpvny(?) ybbx bs Elbhln'f snpr va rcvfbqr 7. Jung qvq ybbx yvxr jnf, hu, irel harkcrpgrq. V gubhtug ur jbhyq ybbx byqre.

zalas
2005-02-18, 12:38
Sbe fbzr ernfba, V jnfa'g rkcrpgvat Elhhln'f unve gb or fb.... fcvxl.

Game Spoiler for End of Arc:Thrff Xhavfnxv(fnvxbh) vaurevgrq gung sebz uvz. KQ

Haeleth
2005-02-18, 14:32
I know it's a cliche to say it just keeps getting better... but... well, it's true. I think I'm really going to have to go back and play Minagi's path again, lest I end up being sucked into supporting Misuzu. ^^

I remain astonished by how closely they're sticking to the game. While they're still cutting things noticably, it doesn't seem so extensive any more. I'd be interested to hear if any of the non-players are finding recent episodes a lot easier to follow.

Plenty of new faces in this episode... Lhxvgb'f zbgure makes a proper appearance at last (I loved those flashbacks). Shame we don't get far enough into SUMMER to get more than a glimpse of Uraha, though... come on, BSi! She's the main attraction, right? Right? ;)

Game-related-spoiler... qb lbh guvax jr pna qrqhpr nalguvat nobhg gur unaqyvat bs gur NVE fpranevb sebz gur engure boivbhf nccrnenapr bs Fben? That, and the Misuzu bit they tacked in at the end of the Dream segment, kind of suggests they're going to make the obvious cut to get on with the story, don't you think?

ChronoReverse
2005-02-18, 18:27
I remain astonished by how closely they're sticking to the game. While they're still cutting things noticably, it doesn't seem so extensive any more. I'd be interested to hear if any of the non-players are finding recent episodes a lot easier to follow.

I've never played the game and I've found Air to be easy to follow so far.

Keisuke
2005-02-18, 21:28
Shame we don't get far enough into SUMMER to get more than a glimpse of Uraha, though... come on, BSi! She's the main attraction, right? Right? ;)

Game-related-spoiler... qb lbh guvax jr pna qrqhpr nalguvat nobhg gur unaqyvat bs gur NVE fpranevb sebz gur engure boivbhf nccrnenapr bs Fben? That, and the Misuzu bit they tacked in at the end of the Dream segment, kind of suggests they're going to make the obvious cut to get on with the story, don't you think?

I will be upset if I don't get to see Ryuuya and Uraha's fake-yobai scene on TV. =P

About the AIR scenario.... I really wonder how they will start that one.

P.S.
Question to people who have already played AIR:

Juvyr lbh thlf jrer jngpuvat Fhzzre fpranevb(tnzr irefvba), qvqa'g lbh thlf guvax gung Henun vf ernyyl fvzvyne gb Zvantv? Fhpu nf:
- Gurve Xarr-orq...
- Uneq gb gryy jung'f ba gurve zvaq ol whfg ybbxvat ng gurve snprf
- Fubjf hc va sebag bs lbh jvgubhg nal fbhaq....

[added]
BTW, on AIR TV website, they have added Minagi's mother on the character section. They've listed her as... Well.... Minagi's Mother...

Valkyrie
2005-02-19, 03:51
i'll have to agree with Keisuke on that one! :D

Korgath
2005-02-19, 05:04
Juvyr lbh thlf jrer jngpuvat Fhzzre fpranevb(tnzr irefvba), qvqa'g lbh thlf guvax gung Henun vf ernyyl fvzvyne gb Zvantv? Fhpu nf:
- Gurve Xarr-orq...
- Uneq gb gryy jung'f ba gurve zvaq ol whfg ybbxvat ng gurve snprf
- Fubjf hc va sebag bs lbh jvgubhg nal fbhaq....

Abg ernyyl... zbfgyl orpnhfr Henun ybirf gb grnfr.

As for episode 7... (game related spoilers ahoy!)

Jnf V gur bayl bar jub jnf ernyyl fhecevfrq ng Lhxvgb trggvat Elhhln'f fpne ba uvf onpx? Nf sne nf V erzrzore gung qvqa'g unccra va gur tnzr, evtug? V gubhtug vg jnf cerggl pbby bs gurz gb nqq gung, qrfcvgr vg abg orvat 'pnaba', fvapr vg qbrf znxr frafr vs lbh'ir cynlrq gur tnzr...

adun50
2005-02-19, 06:09
chccrg whttyvat jnf shaal. gubhtu znxrf lbh jbaqre, pna n chccrg ernyyl pneel 3 pnegbaf bs whvpr?

Misu
2005-02-19, 07:00
I was also suprised at how well the episode was done!

Sbe orvat na noehcg genafvgvba sebz Qernz gb Fhzzre (naq V ubarfgyl qvqag rkcrpg gurz gb unaqyr vg gung jnl), vg sryg ernyyl fzbbgu naq yvxr vg orybatrq. Rfcrpvnyyl Zvfhmh'f ynfg yvarf znqr sbe n cresrpg raqvat sbe Qernz. Xhqbf gb gur fgbeljevgref!

Did anyone else think the animation in this episode was top notch too? (I thought it was pretty similar to the quality of episode 01).

Keisuke
2005-02-19, 08:58
Abg ernyyl... zbfgyl orpnhfr Henun ybirf gb grnfr.

Zvantv yvxrq gb grnfr Lhxvgb gbb.

Remember this scene?:

Zvantv: Xhavfnxv-fna....... Ner lbh na nvyra sebz Irahf cynarg?

Lhxvgb: Ab.

Zvantv: ........ Sver..... Yvxr lbh pna yvtug hc gur sver...

Lhxvgb: V pna'g.

Zvantv: Gura.... Obql furqqvat....

Lhxvgb: V qba'g.

Zvantv: Gura...... Hz.....

Lhxvgb: Fbeel, ohg V qba'g qb nal bs vg.

Zvantv: ......... Lbh ner ab sha..

Lhxvgb: Jul ner lbh trggvat hcfrg?

Zvantv: ..... Abguvat..... V jnf whfg xvqqvat.

ChronoReverse
2005-02-19, 11:16
I was also suprised at how well the episode was done!

Did anyone else think the animation in this episode was top notch too? (I thought it was pretty similar to the quality of episode 01).

I've detected a somewhat disturbing pattern. So far, both of the "finale" episodes to Minagi and Kano's story were the ones that were below par (for Air TV that is).

Let's hope that doesn't happen for the series finale as well.

zalas
2005-02-19, 13:13
People on 2ch have said that in addition to the lap thing, gurl hz... nyfb funer fbzr fvzvynevgvrf va gurve hz... fprarf <_<;;

Haeleth
2005-02-19, 13:49
So far, both of the "finale" episodes to Minagi and Kano's story were the ones that were below par (for Air TV that is).
I thought Minagi's finale was pretty good... the animation slipped a couple of times, but they got the feel very close to the game.

Anyway, I don't think you have anything to fear. There is no way in a thousand years they could manage to mess up <gur "tbny" fprar>. It was made for anime.

People on 2ch
Wait, wait, there are people on 2ch?!

have said that in addition to the lap thing, gurl hz... nyfb funer fbzr fvzvynevgvrf va gurve hz... fprarf <_<;;
おっ ほんとほんと! 例えば、二件とも男が後ろから――って何言ってるかよ 俺!

Slipgate
2005-02-19, 20:42
So I've watched episode 7, and read some anime bloggers' thoughts of it too.

I'm literally unable to comment much at all at this point without seeing episode 8 to supplement this.

A couple thoughts, though, ROT13ed:

Ba bar oybt V fnj fbzrbar fnlvat gung Lhxvgb jbhyq abg or fubjvat hc nal zber (qhr, V cerfhzr, gb fpranevb fjvgpu... V qvqa'g xabj lrg jurgure qvssrerag fpranevbf jrer NHf jvgu Lhxvgb naq gur bguref be abg, be qvssrerag havirefrf)... vg frrzrq rneyl gb fnl gung Lhxvgb jba'g fubj hc nal zber orpnhfr rira vs ur qbrfa'g fubj va gur Fhzzre fpranevb, vg ng yrnfg frrzf gung guvf vf orvat hfrq nf rkcyvpngvba sbe jung'f unccravat gb uvz, naq gung vg jbhyq raq jvgu fbzr fbeg bs erfbyhgvba sbe Zvfhmh lrg gb pbzr naq tbvat onpx gb uvf gvzr (bgurejvfr gur fpne ba gur onpx naq fb ba)... nyfb, lbh thlf gbyq zr gurer'f rabhtu va Zvfhmh'f fpranevb gb ubyq n srj rcvfbqrf lrg, naq V nffhzrq lbh zrnag Zvfhmh va gur rkvfgvat fpranevb, fb vs gung'f ernyyl gur raq bs Zvfhmh, gung jnf nyzbfg yrff tvira guna nal bs gur bguref. Hayrff Zvfhmh naq Lhxvgb QB fubj hc ntnva, yvxr ubccvat gvzrf zber guna bapr urer, vg'yy pregnvayl yrnir n ybg bs tnccvat VZUB. Ohg, gung'f jul V pna'g ernyyl fnl zhpu bs nalguvat hagvy V frr ng yrnfg BAR zber rcvfbqr vs abg zber guna bar. V qrsvavgryl ybir gur fubj... n pbzcyrgr punenpgre pnfg fjvgpubire, vs gung'f jung guvf vf, obguref zr fyvtugyl va gur pbaprcg bs abg frrvat nal bs gur bguref ntnva, ohg fb sne gurfr punenpgref ner avpr naq gur cybg rkcyvpngvba guvf jvyy cebivqr jbhyq fgvyy trg zr gb xrrc jngpuvat... ohg nyfb, pbzcyrgr pnfg fjvgpubire jbhyq nyfb or bqq fvapr gur gvgyr frdhrapr frrzf rfgnoyvfurq... qb gur bgure fpranevbf unir tveyf bgure guna Zvantv/Xnab/Zvfhmh? V unira'g urneq bs gurz vs fb, naq V jbhyq guvax V jbhyq'ir vs gurer jrer bgure znwbef va bgure nepf. Fb va fubeg V'z whfg yrsg jbaqrevat ng cybg nepuvgrpgher naq ng riragf hagvy V frr fbzr zber. Qnea. :C

Wow, if those are the lengths of my thoughts when I can't comment, then what about when I can? :P

Slipgate

Haeleth
2005-02-20, 03:27
All will become clear. ;)

If you want to know, though (no plot spoilers, just a structural detail): guvf uvfgbevpny ovg vf na vagreyhqr, jr'yy or onpx jvgu Zvfhmh va cebonoyl nobhg gjb rcvfbqrf.

Slipgate
2005-02-20, 10:01

Maceart
2005-02-20, 10:08
WHAT NO MORE POTATO!????

pikopikopikopikopiko!!!

Keisuke
2005-02-20, 16:01
WHAT NO MORE POTATO!????

pikopikopikopikopiko!!!

Potato will eventually show up in AIR episodes.

Actually, Potato shoudn't have appeared after the end of Kano story if they were REALLY following the game.

AzureLight
2005-02-23, 08:01
I'm still alive o_o

Just watched 6 and 7... and yeah. Since I haven't gotten past Day 3 of Air PS2, I don't know nuts about the storyline XD;

And my sister complains it being very complex and confusing right now -_-;

zalas
2005-02-24, 18:55
Episode 8キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!

Impressions: This is so rushed. "Shrine" was cut down to like a few minutes. And they breezed by "Mountain road" and even got halfway through "Spirit mountain", but the best is yet to come and I guess they used this to enhance the delivery of episode 9.

Favorite moments: Chicken and snuggling scenes. :D

I was somewhat surprised by the view from the front of that scene, but it was a creative use of the glow effect. ;)

Haeleth
2005-02-25, 04:10
Bah, I bet they'll find plenty of time for the boring bit at the end of "Sorayume".

No, not that bit, naughty! *hits zalas*

It's interesting how completely the style has changed; more so than I noticed in the game. Hard to say what I think, really... all the anime cliches all of a sudden are a bit grating, but they do fit Kanna nicely...

houkoholic
2005-02-25, 05:03
Anime Kanna definitely seems a lot "cuter" and much more expressive emotionally than the game counter part. I kind of thought that anime Kanna had lost a bit of her dignity in the process.

Anyway not that I really care, I'm not much of a fan of the Summer arc either way. :p

Korgath
2005-02-25, 13:16
夜這いシーンが現れなかったとは悲し杉 ;_____;

Other than the breakneck speed I thought it was really well done though.

A question involving a big game-related spoiler...

Jura Henun naq Elhhln trg vg ba ng gur raq, vf vg npghnyyl "fubja" va gur Nqhyg irefvba? V cynlrq gur nyy-ntrf CF2 irefvba, naq gurl qb qrfpevor vg naq nyy, ohg qrsvavgryl abg va na rebgvp jnl. Whfg jbaqrevat!

zalas
2005-02-25, 14:04
Re: Korgath

Lrnu, gurer vf yvxr bar PT ng gur raq.

Haeleth
2005-02-25, 17:40
I just realised why that "family" scene looked so odd. It wasn't just the sudden switch to wacky-anime-mode... it was that they'd left a joke in! ^o^

Keisuke
2005-02-26, 00:32
I just realised why that "family" scene looked so odd. It wasn't just the sudden switch to wacky-anime-mode... it was that they'd left a joke in! ^o^
It looked darn cute to me. =P

Judging by the preview, ybbxf yvxr Fhzzre fgbel jvyy raq va rcvfbqr 9.

*Wonders if Haeleth is satisfied on how animtors have handled Uraha in AIR Anime.*

zalas
2005-02-26, 02:21
Uraha... looks... too .... chibi <_<;;
ara ara maa maa

Haeleth
2005-02-26, 03:35
They left out all her "kan, de gozaimasu" lines... ;_;

But she's still Uraha... *swoons*

Slipgate
2005-02-28, 07:44
Well,

First off - wonder twin voice recognition powers activate! - I do declare, that the lady at the end (whose identity shall remain unsaid to avoid needing to use ROT13) - that is Han Keiko's voice, is it not? I'm not checking the voice credits, just guessing with my own recognition (I was wrong about Midorikawa though, heh).

Couple of observations: Kanna's look is vaguely like Nayuki's look to me. Just in terms of appearance. Hope that doesn't ruin her for anybody (looks at Haeleth) :).

I was thinking, and you said it seemed strange that they left the family scene joke in... but I think I know why. Even though it's just a joke and might normally not be worried about for plot movement, it was the best way, in terms of storytelling, to quickly show that these three have become close. And they had to show that briefly before they could move into the journey. As it is the start of the episode had to at least be several days after the end of episode 7... them getting back, his getting installed, and the three of them getting used to being around each other.

It's rather swift, sure. Although I wasn't actually expecting it, I was half-curious if a new OP would exist now that the arc was officially established... the game didn't have one, sure, but it was funny to see characters in the OP that don't show in the episode - and I'm wondering what exactly the Summer scenario is, if it was in fact multi-girl or not or if it was more of a kinetic novel in intent. Things seem fairly Kanna centric to imagine other girls really here. Uraha? Not sure.

Well, those are my thoughts for now. Now excuse me while I go get snowed in to my house :).

Slipgate

Haeleth
2005-02-28, 07:54
I'm wondering what exactly the Summer scenario is, if it was in fact multi-girl or not or if it was more of a kinetic novel in intent. Things seem fairly Kanna centric to imagine other girls really here. Uraha? Not sure.
I won't comment on your identification of focus, but I will say that Summer in the game is completely linear.

zalas
2005-03-03, 21:12
Episode 9 is good. :)
However, the very first parts of it felt really rushed, so it felt odd the way things progressed. Other than that, I think it was nicely done.

V guvax gur jubyr "fprar" jvgu Henun naq Elhhln jnf nzhfvatyl qbar, naq gurl unaqyrq Fben ernyyl jryy, gbb. Ubjrire, Qnvfhxr Bab arrqf gb fbhaq n yvggyr phgre VZB gb gbgnyyl svg gur ovyy, ohg gur oveq fbhaqf gung Fben znxrf vf phgr. :)

zalas
2005-03-03, 21:18
Oops~
Fixed that.
Just wanted to start a new thread in case people wanted to talk/speculate about the last parts of Episode 9 and beyond, which have nothing to do with the general topics here.

Slipgate
2005-03-03, 21:20
Ah...

For those confused, I posted a comment about Zalas' post, he fixed it, my post had no real further reason to exist (especially after I saw the new thread's description in its first message), I deleted it [my now extraneous message]. :)

Slipgate

Haeleth
2005-03-04, 02:41
However, the very first parts of [episode 9] felt really rushed, so it felt odd the way things progressed.
For once I half disagree. The first climax feels shockingly soon after they begin the descent of the 霊山 in the game, too, IIRC.

V guvax gur jubyr "fprar" jvgu Henun naq Elhhln jnf nzhfvatyl qbar...
I read that before I'd seen the episode. Let's just say it didn't quite generate the correct mental image. ^^;

It was well done, though. The ending didn't drag nearly as much as in the game, though I still think they could have benefitted from cutting half of it out and giving more time to the shrine and the journey in ep. 8. Kanna's flight was perfect, Uraha saving Ryuuya from himself painful to watch for the right reasons. All in all I think they probably did Summer all the justice they could with only two episodes allocated to it...

Keisuke
2005-03-04, 08:26
though I still think they could have benefitted from cutting half of it out and giving more time to the shrine and the journey in ep. 8.

That and animators have cut down the whole scene of Ryuya and Uraha's short journey right after their escape from mountain.

I was just really suprised to see how fast those monks have appeared and took Uraha and Ryuya to their temple.

This can be just me, but how AIR TV anime have handled on Ryuya and Uraha's relationship seemed too... How should I say..... weak.

Slipgate
2005-03-06, 07:56
Episode 9 is so incredible. I love it. Suddenly the scenario makes sense as long as you connect a few dots in your head (case in point, gung gur srngure qebcf ner eryngrq gb Xnaan bire gur lrnef (Zvpuveh, Xnab, rgp.) Now I'm looking less for answers (fhpu nf jvgu Lhxvgb orpbzvat Fben, frrvat nf ubj V npprcg gur fhcreangheny va Xnaba naq NVE ng guvf cbvag) since the scenario has been filled out in its present day and with its backstory.

Now I'm just watching AIR to watch it out. I am wondering about gvzr snpgbef/pbagvahvgl/Fben frrvat Lhxvgb be abg? But I guess I'll see.

Did the movie just try and do Dream (I realize that Kanna and Uraha are billed as in it, but still) ... did it just primarily try and do Dream or did it try and cover all three bases in brief form?

Slipgate

zalas
2005-03-06, 15:26
I think the movie was a combination of DREAM and AIR, with SUMMER being a book report or something :)

houkoholic
2005-03-06, 23:45
I think the movie was a combination of DREAM and AIR, with SUMMER being a book report or something :)

The movie includes elements from all 3 arcs. Instead of the arcs being told in order though, SUMMER is being told concurrently with the other two arcs, so you have some jumping back and forth going on. But it's usually foretold when they'll jump as it usually involves Mizusu reading part of the story of SUMMER from a book which then cuts into it.