PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] AIR TV Discussion #2 (Minagi) [pachi pachi pachi]

zalas
2005-02-03, 11:52
Edit: creating a new thread for Minagi discussion. - Haeleth

Looks like there'll be lots of kids in episode 5...

EDIT: NO, they're not Yukito's kids...
----
Last thread: http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php?t=160
Official website: http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/
Purchase DVD #1: cdJapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCBX-50668) | Amazon Japan (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007D5J2Y/qid=1107045531/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/250-3998797-7373063)

Keisuke
2005-02-04, 03:59
I have watched the ep.5
Dream Scenario in TV serise is almost over.
Misuzu fans will love this episode I think.

Minagi will have one more episode to finish up her story.
Oh and Preview of Ep 6 is little bit shocking (it was to me).

Haeleth
2005-02-04, 15:43
Love - and hate. Frustration, frustration. It's so nearly right.

The main thing that grated was the scene that brings Yukito, Minagi, and her mother together for the first time; the handling just felt clumsy, particularly with the rather unsubtle close-up of the mother's lips at the key moment.

All the best lines have been cut, too, as usual. Come on, BSi, you could at least have fitted the テゴメ scene in. :p

On the plus sides: Michiru is handled perfectly again (it's impossible to believe that's really Mai's voice!), the トランプ scene with Misuzu was spot on, and it looks like they're fitting in more of Minagi's plot than I was expecting them to manage: in particular <Lhxvgb zbivat vagb gur fgngvba> and, judging by the next episode preview, <gur cbffvovyvgl gung ur naq Zvantv jvyy rybcr> (no chance they'll take that path in the anime, sadly... it's my favourite path in the game. ^^)

Slipgate
2005-02-04, 21:10
I don't really have a contribution to make yet - but Tamura Yukari - check out まほう しょうじょ リリカル なのは for a great show with more Tamura Yukari.

Slipgate

Keisuke
2005-02-04, 23:17
judging by the next episode preview, <gur cbffvovyvgl gung ur naq Zvantv jvyy rybcr> (no chance they'll take that path in the anime, sadly... it's my favourite path in the game. ^^)

I've noticed that too. =D

BTW boss,
<qba'g gryy zr lbh ybir gung cngu orpnhfr bs vgf PTf> =P
(Just kidding....)

Haeleth
2005-02-05, 02:42
<div title="Nothing interesting to see here, move along...">ぽかっ。
ハレス 「こらっ! いい加減にしろっ!」
・・・って、なんで怒ってんのよ、俺? ~_~;;</div>

Keisuke
2005-02-05, 02:52
<div title="Nothing interesting to see here, move along...">ぽかっ。
ハレス 「こらっ! いい加減にしろっ!」
・・・って、なんで怒ってんのよ、俺? ~_~;;</div>

Now now... Don't get Paranoid... XP

Back on topic:
It maybe because I am Minagi fan, but I just can't shook off her sadness speech at the end of episode 5...

悲しい~.... -_-

Maceart
2005-02-07, 20:53
Man Episode 5 was so sad... Even though I knew what was going to happen to Misuzu, I still shed a few tears.

Man Kyoto is really overdoing it aren't they? After the slight "blip" of animation of episode 4, they shot back in episode 5! Man is Toei scared out of their wits or something?

ChronoReverse
2005-02-07, 23:21
Yeah, the art in episode 4 wasn't bad, but in some parts it's markedly different.

Episode 5 is back to pure prettiness again. *waits eagerly for episode 6*

Keisuke
2005-02-08, 00:19
I've compared the Minagi's game story and the TV story.
Sure the anime is following the story of AIR game, but how should I say this...

The plot of TV anime serise has been mixed and twisted in a weird way.

- Yukito has left Misuzu's house. (Which is kind of beginning of Minagi and Kano's story in the game) In fact, <Lhxvgb unf ena njnl sebz Zvfhmh orsber Unehxb qbrf>, which is completely different compare to the game.

- Ep.6 Preview. We get to see that Misuzu is (or she appears to be) disappointed to see that Yukito is with Minagi now. (This scene wasn't in the game) Now what kind of result would this bring on Misuzu and Yukito's relationship?

- Yukito is not really concentrating on Misuzu's 'illness' nor her dream.

Also, it appears to me that Yukito is on to Minagi instead of Misuzu right now, when I thought the story of this anime would be focusing 95% on Misuzu scenario.

Let's see....

1) If the story follows Minagi's true ending in the game

- What will happen to Yukito? Is he going to live in Minagi's house with her or continue his life at 駅?
- How will Yukito ever get back with Misuzu???
- We will probably get to see the new story and scenes that was not in the game.

2) If the story follows Minagi's "dark" ending in the game

- <Lhxvgb yrnirf gbja jvgu Zvantv. Yrnivat Zvfhmh jvgu Unehxb.> (So the scene has been set for the AIR scenario?????)

- Will leave out too many stuff. (But this is how AIR anime has been all along....)

- With nothing to talk about, story will now change to Summer Scenario??

The story will probably go with Minagi's true ending because we all saw the scene which looked like <Zvpuveh'f snerjryy fprar> on episode 6 preview.

Anyway, the plot of the TV serise has gone complete chaos.

Episode 7 will probably be the most Original episode of AIR TV Series ever I assume.

zalas
2005-02-08, 01:09
Would it be a good idea to spoiler tag speculations of episode 6 based on the game plot?

Keisuke
2005-02-08, 02:10
Would it be a good idea to spoiler tag speculations of episode 6 based on the game plot?

Well.... This thread itself already has a spoiler tag on it..

zalas
2005-02-08, 02:44
Well, I was wondering if people currently watching the show might think the spoilers refer to what has happened in the episodes, etc. ^^;

Haeleth
2005-02-08, 05:31
I've taken the liberty of rot13-ing the spoilest spoilers... hope you don't mind, Keisuke. Zalas' interpretation of "spoilers" is the one most people are going to assume.

Slipgate
2005-02-08, 07:15
Ack! I love episode 5, but unlike episode 4 or 3 or whatever it was, I don't yet feel qualified yet to speculate ahead. I am wondering about the compromises to Misuzu's scenario that may occur, and I am LOVING and sympathizing with both Minagi and Misuzu here.

Slipgate

Keisuke
2005-02-08, 08:36
I've taken the liberty of rot13-ing the spoilest spoilers... hope you don't mind, Keisuke. Zalas' interpretation of "spoilers" is the one most people are going to assume.

Ah, that's okay.
Sorry guys.

zalas:
Yeah. You are right. I may have gone too far on story disclosure XP

EDITED: "zalas" =P

zalas
2005-02-08, 13:02
Sorry to have caused a fuss, but I've seen many people complain about spoilers on other forums, so I figured it might become a problem here ^^;

/me goes to stab everyone who uses 'Z' instead of 'z' for his name... ^_^#

Slipgate
2005-02-08, 13:15
I decoded the ROT-13 comments, and yeah, you don't want to say this stuff lightly :). No harm done for me though... but ROT-13ing in general so that I can pick and choose when I wanna see what's behind the magic door would be good.

Slipgate

Haeleth
2005-02-08, 13:17

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001809.html :p

Come on, BSi... we want to know how <strike>badly</strike> you're going to <strike>mess up</strike> resolve Minagi's story...

Keisuke
2005-02-08, 15:25

Now, how did you find such articles like that? XP

Meh, I don't care if BS-i has screwed up Minagi's story. I am kinda glad that they at least made the story 'interesting'

zalas
2005-02-08, 18:15

And I like to think of my online nickname as something like a trademark, like Apple iPod vs. Apple Ipod, etc. :)
Furthermore, capitalizing the z removes the nice, near symmetry of my name :D

As for screwing up the story, it isn't exactly the channel IMO who screws the story up. You'd just have to blame the guy who writes the scripts and the director <_<;;

Haeleth
2005-02-08, 18:29
I like to think of my online nickname as something like a trademark, like Apple iPod vs. Apple Ipod, etc. :)
Furthermore, capitalizing the z removes the nice, near symmetry of my name :D
Oh, quite, and I don't quite go to the extremes the Language Log guys try to justify - I do try to remember to give it a lower-case z normally. Never at the start of sentences, though, it needs a capital somewhere for that.

How does zAlas sound? :p

As for screwing up the story, it isn't exactly the channel IMO who screws the story up.
冗談ってば。 Hence the &#60;strike> tags. @@

Besides, isn't it the channel who decide how many episodes they're going to broadcast, and therefore how much will need to be cut?

zalas
2005-02-08, 18:47
I think it's more the budget that determines the number of episodes, aka the producers. I assume at least one of the producers is from BS-i...

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B0007D5J2Y.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
^-- picture of the ltd ed AIR DVD 1, looks more like a game box than an anime box ^_^

Maceart
2005-02-08, 20:14
Man the megatokyo forums are scary... it's the only forum so far where the people are MAJORITY against AIR...

Episode 5, there's a screen with zvfhmh'f pebgpu qhevat gur pelvat fprar. what gives? Were the directors on crack?

Slipgate
2005-02-08, 20:16
Well I know of two megatokyo forums, if you mean the one actually associated to the online comic of the same name, I wouldn't worry about it. Piro has been watching and enjoying, and ANYTHING and everything is going to have some who like it and some who do not.

I'm not dissuaded from coming here from the negative feelings toward Kanon TV that some here have, after all.

Slipgate

K
2005-02-08, 20:16
You know, for several posts I thought you meant you'd stab anyone with a capital Z in their username >_>;

ChronoReverse
2005-02-08, 20:21
Maceart. Not really. You just don't understand how to step around in that forum. It doesn't help that you come across as a fanatic who's pushing Air on everyone when it's clearly not everyone's cup of tea.

I can safely say that more than half the big posters actually do enjoy Air and that you're overreacting.

Slipgate
2005-02-08, 20:22
Episode 5, there's a screen with zvfhmh'f pebgpu qhevat gur pelvat fprar. what gives? Were the directors on crack?

Uhu? V jrag onpx naq purpxrq, naq gurl'er fubjvat gur pneq qebc... gur snpg gung vg'f ba gur sybbe arprffvgngrf pregnva guvatf... V zrna, fher fbzrgvzrf natyrf pna or pbairavarg, ohg V qba'g guvax gung jnf gur pbaprea urer... guvf fbeg bs ivrj lbh pna trg va hfhny pvephzfgnaprf. Be fb V fnl.... Ohg ubarfgyl gung qvqa'g rira oyvc ba zl enqne, naq abeznyyl V abgvpr be guvax nobhg fhpu guvatf nf cbffvoyl oyvccvat ba bguref' enqnef.

Slipgate

ChronoReverse
2005-02-08, 20:29
Npghnyyl vg'f engure jrveq zber guna n pbhcyr bs crbcyr unir zragvbarq vg. V crefbanyyl guvax gung gurl jrer pyhrq va ol fbzrobql ryfr'f cbfg naq gura vg'f fghpx va gurve zvaq =C

Crefbanyyl, vg qvqa'g ertvfgre gb zr rvgure. V thrff zl zvaq vfa'g va gur thggre KQ

Misu
2005-02-08, 22:09
Lrnu, vg qvqag ertvfgre jvgu zr rvgure.
Vg whfg frrzrq yvxr n arrqrq natyr sbe gb frr gur pneq qebc. Gungf xvaqn ervasbeprq va zl zvaq orphnfr ybbxvat onpx ng vg ntnva, gurer vf abguvat lbh pna vasre sebz gung fubg. Gurl qvqag chg nal sbphf va gur hfhnyyl nernf jurer vs gur fprar jnf zrnag gb or rppuv gurl jbhyq unir chg sbphf gbb.

Ohg abj gung lbh zragvba vg, vg vf xvaqn fgvpxvat gb zl zvaq.

Donut
2005-02-09, 02:44
Lrnu, vg qvqag ertvfgre jvgu zr rvgure.
Vg whfg frrzrq yvxr n arrqrq natyr sbe gb frr gur pneq qebc. Gungf xvaqn ervasbeprq va zl zvaq orphnfr ybbxvat onpx ng vg ntnva, gurer vf abguvat lbh pna vasre sebz gung fubg. Gurl qvqag chg nal sbphf va gur hfhnyyl nernf jurer vs gur fprar jnf zrnag gb or rppuv gurl jbhyq unir chg sbphf gbb.

Ohg abj gung lbh zragvba vg, vg vf xvaqn fgvpxvat gb zl zvaq.

whaaat ?

Haeleth
2005-02-09, 03:43
What's wrong with shots of Misuzu's crotch? Even if it was intentional, it's just fanservice...

I'd say the time to get worried is when they turn out to be including the H scenes. ;)

whaaat ?
Copy & paste into http://tools.geht.net/rot13.html and it may make a bit more sense. ^^

I'm not dissuaded from coming here from the negative feelings toward Kanon TV that some here have, after all.
Touché.

Slipgate
2005-02-09, 07:35

Touché.

What? I don't mind. I wasn't just referring to you... some people here like it, some people here don't (I think it was ChronoReverse who gave his vote for avoiding it, for example)... point is I'm not targeting anybody, yourself or ChronoReverse or anyone else... just saying that some people here don't like it and some do. And given a little thought, I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case here or anywhere.

Sorry if that sounded aggressive, it was just intended as making a "neither here nor there" point in another discussion.

Slipgate

Haeleth
2005-02-09, 07:52
Ack! Misunderstood! No need to apologise - I wasn't objecting to your comment in any way, I was acknowledging that it was a good point and could be applied partly to me...

Slipgate
2005-02-09, 07:54
Ah, that's alright. At times like this I tend to be long-winded to make sure to knock misunderstandings out of the picture, either on my part or the other person's part :).

No offense was taken :).

To vawoosh back on topic: So how about that Minagi, hm?

Slipgate

ChronoReverse
2005-02-09, 20:41
What? I don't mind. I wasn't just referring to you... some people here like it, some people here don't (I think it was ChronoReverse who gave his vote for avoiding it, for example)... point is I'm not targeting anybody, yourself or ChronoReverse or anyone else... just saying that some people here don't like it and some do. And given a little thought, I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case here or anywhere.

I indeed did voice that opinion and I'll elaborate a bit. Watching Kanon by itself is actually not bad. You have to get past the art (which some people hate) though.

Furthermore, if you've had the opportunity to play even part of the game, your enjoyment of the series diminishes since it's the animated medium that's supposed to be the seller for the anime. Since the anime simply can't have all the dialogue and story of the game, it's the animation (and of course the way they adapt the story; be it cut to pieces or reasonable considering constraints) that will carry it.

Kanon didn't do either particularly well (in my opinion). Some would say that Kanon did a horrid job. Either way, since this is a forum for Haeleth's translation of the game, I felt it was appropriate to advise not watching the anime.

zalas
2005-02-10, 02:05
Ooh, someone supposed found new episode titles in a pre release Newtype for ep 7-9 and found more info in Comptiq

7: Dream
8: Summer
9: Moon
10: Light

Looks like since they were integrating parts of Misuzu's stuff into everyone else's stories, they can fit the rest of her arc in DREAM into 1 episode ^^;

And it looks like SUMMER will have two episodes, with the remaining 3 devoted to AIR.

EDIT: Moonphase diary confirms and adds extra episode using Comptiq

Haeleth
2005-02-10, 03:55
Only two episodes of Uraha? :(

失望致し候ふ

zalas
2005-02-10, 04:02
Well, they *could* conceivably start it halfway through "Dream' since there's that conversation that one moonlit night, and then end it halfway through 'Light' because of what happens near the end. :/

Haeleth
2005-02-10, 05:01
What happened with that rumour about there being 15 episodes, BTW? I never saw any follow-up on that... did it turn out not to be true?

ChronoReverse
2005-02-10, 07:29
Wait, Air is 10 episodes now? Not even 12? O_o

zalas
2005-02-10, 11:53
There's more, we just don't know the episode titles yet. And it looks like Animage was wrong about 15 episodes ^^;

zalas
2005-02-10, 14:28
*bump*

Episode 6 was just soo..... touching :D Still a little rushed, but I think this episode has been one of the most well done episodes. And it leaves you wanting for more :)

zalas
2005-02-11, 00:46
*bump*

They've announced a date for DVD 2 of AIR TV.
It comes out April 27, 2005. Looks like we get a DVD every 3 weeks, which is not bad, considering each DVD has 2 episodes, so it's about 1.5 weeks an episode.

EDIT:
(from http://pie.bbspink.com/test/read.cgi/leaf/1108045758/289)
6回 ふたり(1-6話)
5回 回想録(1,2,5,6話(6話は2回))
4回 野道(1,2,4,5話)・此処(1,4-6話)
3回 跳ね水(1-3話)・虹(1,3,5話)・夏影(1,2,5話)・てんとう虫(1,2,4話)・理(2-4話)
2回 夢語り・水たまり・川・絵空事・双星・銀色・羽根・未使用曲1・2・3・5
1回 伝承・夜想・蝉衣・銀色(orgel)・未使用曲6・鳥の詩
0回 縁・神薙・月童・青空・Farewell song・未使用曲4

Apparently someone kept track of how many episodes each song from the OST was played in the episode itself. w

Haeleth
2005-02-11, 16:33
Took me long enough to get hold of #6. X_x

Worth the wait, though. This series has been getting steadily better. This time I thought they managed to get everything from Minagi's return home onwards pretty much spot on. It's a shame they had to gloss over so much of her suffering before the resolution, but better that than not managing to give any of her story the time it deserves.

Okay, so they did leave out ALL my favourite jokes from Minagi's scenario in the end. I guess I'll just have to play the game again. At least they got all the good serious lines in. ;)

膝枕頂けなくて残念だけど。

One thing that didn't quite work was the CG. The pan across the rooftop just seemed intrusive; very pretty, sure, but ultimately just distracting. The bit back at the Kamio house at the end fitted in better.

The preview for #7 looks promising; Misuzu's condition isn't going to be easy to handle, but it looked pretty good from the glimpses they showed.

What they didn't give any hints about was how they were going to handle <Lhxvgb'f fhqqra ...qvfnccrnenapr... naq gur fhogyl qvssrerag ercynl jvgu Fben vapyhqrq>... which will be the real challenge. I have to say I was expecting them to <vapyhqr Fben sebz gur ortvaavat, fb gurl pbhyq genafvgvba fzbbguyl vagb gur ynggre cneg bs NVE nsgre FHZZRE>. But they didn't. Could they really be going to follow the game's structure that closely?

zalas
2005-02-12, 01:31
As for the CG shots, I thought the rooftop one was really well done, although it sorta stood out to me. Perhaps they could've made it less "perfect" just as less "perfect" musical instrument playing makes it sound humanized.

When episode 7 airs, should I start a new thread or just hold out until ep 8 for Summer?

Massive Spoilers About Rest of Game Plot/Structure!!

V'z thrffvat gung gurl'er tbaan fvzcyl fjvgpu bhg ng gur ynfg zbzrag bs Zvfhmh'f fgbel (qba'g erzrzore gur cnegvphynef ng guvf zbzrag), naq gura tb bagb Fhzzre. Creuncf gurl pna rira pbhcyr vg jvgu Zvfhmh'f qernzf. Naq gura, ng gur raq bs Fhzzre, gurl pna fbegn "evqr ure qernzf" onpx vagb gur cerfrag naq vagb Fben'f CBI. Yvxr creuncf ng gur ynfg fprar bs Zvfhmh'f fgbel, Lhxvgb frrf n yvtug, naq gur ivrjre vf genafcbegrq guebhtu gur yvtug gb "Fubhelnxh, 5gu Lrne" (pncgvbarq ba gur fperra).

ChronoReverse
2005-02-12, 09:09
On the art. It is just me or has both wrapup episodes suffered from slightly lower-than-Air-normal animation? The parts where instead of turning, it just faded between two frames stood out. If it were used for humour then it's alright, but for normal and serious it doesn't work.

The CG scenes. Second one was fine. The first one seemed a bit odd. I think it would've been better if it were a rotating pan instead of just a slide.

And thus Minagi's sory ends. I haven't seen Kano at all so does that mean Minagi's fated to fade? I'm glad she got a happy ending though. The previews made me think she was going to leave and I thought that would be really sad.

Oh, and Minagi looked very cute in her clothes in this episode. I prefer plain-clothes to school uniforms =)

AnoHito
2005-02-12, 18:07
Haven't seen Kano at all? But she was just in episode 6... Look out the door at about 6 minutes into it and you'll see Kano's back in all of it's former glory... ^^

Haeleth
2005-02-12, 18:09
Look out the door at about 6 minutes into it and you'll see Kano's back in all of it's former glory... ^^
Well, either that or the Most Unlikely Rei Cameo EVER.

But I don't blame ChronoReverse for not noticing. Who has eyes for Kano when the Divine Hijiri is on screen?

I'm glad she got a happy ending though. The previews made me think she was going to leave...
Naq Zvantv qvq yrnir, qvqa'g fur? :p

ChronoReverse
2005-02-12, 23:55
Man I missed her completely. And yes I was watching Hijiri at that point >.>

Zvantv yrsg? Qb lbh zrna jura fur yrsg gb ivfvg ure fvfgre?

Haeleth
2005-02-13, 02:32
Qb lbh zrna jura fur yrsg gb ivfvg ure fvfgre?
Precisely.
Lbh jrera'g rkcrpgvat ure gb uheel onpx va gur srj qnlf Lhxvgb'f fgvyy tbvat gb or nebhaq sbe, jrer lbh?
(* probably contains episode 7 spoilers)

Slipgate
2005-02-13, 14:53
Question for you all (who have played the game), since the anime didn't quite gloss this while doing Minagi's arc... why does Minagi say "Please call me Tohno as much as possible?" I know that such an introductory quote has to exist in the game, but what's the reasoning? Is it to avoid the Minagi/Michiru mixup coming up if people happen to be around her and her mother simultaneously or is there something else that the anime didn't specify?

Otherwise - I did not cry during episode 6, but episodes 5 and 6 were cool. 5 was cool for the Misuzu and the Minagi developments, and 6 was cool most especially in the little ways that you DID see the ties/relations to Kano's and Misuzu's scenarios that the flashes provided.

I'm a little uncertain what to expect now, because, given what *I* know, it still sounds like 6 episodes is a lot to give *either* Misuzu *or* Misuzu and Kanna, with how swiftly Minagi and Kano were wrapped up. Especially since their "relations" to the other scenarios have sort of been glossed already in episode 6 while they were at the Minagi scenario wrapup.

Slipgate

adun50
2005-02-13, 18:48
finally gotten around to watching ep 6 as I had "technical" issues with my internet. but geez, that sure pulled a few heartstrings.Air just gets better and better. though I did find the rooftop CG scene a bit.....dull. although the CG of Yukito walking in the house was good.

Haeleth
2005-02-14, 09:44
why does Minagi say "Please call me Tohno as much as possible?" . . . Is it to avoid the Minagi/Michiru mixup coming up if people happen to be around her and her mother simultaneously . . .?
Basically, yes, I think you've got the right idea. There are emotional elements in there too (she's not happy with the situation and doesn't want reminding constantly).

I'm a little uncertain what to expect now, because, given what *I* know, it still sounds like 6 episodes is a lot to give *either* Misuzu *or* Misuzu and Kanna, with how swiftly Minagi and Kano were wrapped up.
There's a lot of story left. Even at the current breakneck pace, I can think of a plausible plan for four or five more episodes; if they slow down a bit (this is the important part of the story, after all), I don't think they'll have any problems filling the remaining time.

Particularly if they make use of a certain device the game introduces, which might not work quite so well in the anime, but certainly would stretch things out considerably... ;)

Slipgate
2005-02-14, 09:59
Thanks for the information! That fills me in on my suspicions and on how the pacing is working out.

Slipgate

Keisuke
2005-02-16, 01:54
I have to say.... Episode 6 is probably the best episode of AIR anime that I have watched so far. I really enjoyed it. The art works(Graphics) were great, and I really liked that the story followed Minagi's happy ending.

You just can't dislike Michiru also...

Oh and Minagi with her shorts on... That really gave me a different feeling
towards her. It didn't look like Minagi at all o_O
I don't know why but the length of this episode felt like more than a 30 min.

P.S.: It is kinda strange that Minagi never gets to see or meet Kano. They have never met each other even in the game.

P.S.2: Many of you guys may have noticed, looks like Minagi is the character who has many different outfits comapre to the others. Heck, she changes her outfit more often than the others. (Her 2nd episode outfit was my fav. ^^) Also, Isn't it strange that the episode 5 was the only episode that showed Minagi in her school uniform?

adun50
2005-02-16, 19:18
just for those interested, and this may be old news to some, there pic of the cover box for the first DVD volume of Air TV is out. looks very nice.

Air TV DVD Volume 1 (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007D5J2Y/qid=1108610177/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/249-5445862-9701106)

ChronoReverse
2005-02-16, 22:46
I wonder how the DVDs will stack up to the HDTV raws. Those were really impressive.

Haeleth
2005-02-17, 05:44
Well, at 2 episodes per disk, they'd damn well better be going to give us very high quality encodings on the DVDs. And I guess there's a chance of extras? - I haven't checked to see if they mention anything, but with all the extras on the BS-i site itself, you'd think they could throw something on the disks as well...

(Two hours left till ep. 7 even broadcasts... ;_;)

ChronoReverse
2005-02-17, 10:06
Well, I'm not worried about the quality of the DVDs. However, I don't think that DVDs specs allow for stuff like 1080i HDTV, which is why I wondered how it'll compare.

However, the 1024X576 raws of Air I've seen were encoded pretty poorly anyways.

Soulfang
2005-02-17, 12:22
Well, I'm not worried about the quality of the DVDs. However, I don't think that DVDs specs allow for stuff like 1080i HDTV, which is why I wondered how it'll compare.

However, the 1024X576 raws of Air I've seen were encoded pretty poorly anyways.
Yeah, there were major deinterlacing issues or something.