PDA

View Full Version : AIR MOVIE REVIEW (SPOILER!!!!!!)

Keisuke
2005-02-04, 23:47
No, I havent seen it. However, one of website where I visit often have posted how movie is like. It's very shocking they say.

- Most people are saying that it didn't live up to people's expectation. =/

- Suprisingly, TV versions art and other quality are much better than the
movie version

- Misuzu's personality is COMPLETLY different. She has a lot more serious personality than the TV version of herself. For example, Misuzu asks Yukito to Kiss her o_O

- People are saying that Yukito and Misuzu's first meeting is similar to Ryouya and Kanna's first meeting in Summer scenario.

- Opening is, again, chopped-off version of Tori no Uta.

- Summer scenario is not seperated. From what I heard, Summer scenario in movie is actually a Misuzu's summer vacation report project, which is about Kanna and her clan. This was taken by suprise to everyone.

- Kanna never leaves the temple in the movie o_O

- So little Uraha....

- YUKITO'S PUPPET SHOW ACTUALLY DRAWS CROWDS AND HE EARNS GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY.

- Only Misuzu wears Stego t-shirts

- Yukito's personality is very DARK.

- Misuzu rarely speaks "Gao" and "Nihaha."

- Sora is NOT Yukito. Sora is just an animal in the movie version.

- Shocking Ending......
<<Va snzbhf "Tbny" fprar, LHXVGB UNF ORRA NQQRQ VA GUNG FPRAR!!!!!!! >>
<<Naq ng gur raq, Lhxvgb tbrf ba gb nabgure wbhearl.>>

Korgath
2005-02-05, 01:54
What the hell? Sounds like a really bad fanfic.

Seriously, from what I read you might as well wonder what they didn't change...

Haeleth
2005-02-05, 02:46
- Summer scenario is not seperated. From what I heard, Summer scenario in movie is actually a Misuzu's summer vacation report project, which is about Kanna and her clan. This was taken by suprise to everyone.
They gave that part away in the limited-edition preview disk. Uh... or so I heard. Obviously I wouldn't know personally. Ehehe. ^^;

Keisuke
2005-02-05, 02:55
What the hell? Sounds like a really bad fanfic.

Seriously, from what I read you might as well wonder what they didn't change...

Many people are saying that it will feel horrible to watch the movie with the original story in your head(mind).

Some are considering the movie version as side or alternate story.

zalas
2005-02-05, 03:51
Yukito's personality is very DARK.
So that's what Midorikawa-san meant when he said he's gonna be a Dezaki-style Yukito... <_<;;

It's a good thing half the fanbase is currently being distracted by the TV series to go storm Toei ;)

Valkyrie
2005-02-05, 08:21
oh my god...what have they done? -.-" the movie version sounds so....crappy?

Slipgate
2005-02-05, 09:46
Really now, a 2 hour or whatever movie, they were going to have to be majorly clippy and do things in brisk ways... for example Misuzu even asking Yukito for a kiss.

Slipgate

Valkyrie
2005-02-05, 10:37
but then, this makes the characters seemingly unlike their true selves in Air though...

Haeleth
2005-02-05, 13:34
Really now, a 2 hour or whatever movie, they were going to have to be majorly clippy and do things in brisk ways...
I guess that's why so many people originally assumed they'd use the movie to wrap up the TV series. Like with Evangelion. Obviously that was never going to happen with different companies doing the two, but it would have been nice...

As it is, I guess this really will be a case of thinking of it as a different interpretation of the same story. Kind of like comparing a Disney film with the Grimm original. There's nothing actually wrong with that - even Hamlet was a remake of an older play, after all. It's just not what the fans wanted...

adun50
2005-02-05, 18:03
well reardless of it being different, I think people should watch it with an open mind. surely there are some differences but as Haeleth has said, its probably just a different interpretation of the same story.

Slipgate
2005-02-05, 22:07
I honestly thought of it more like Escaflowne the movie, since it sounded just like that... trying to do a spin on the story that they could start and wrap in movie time.

Or like X the movie. (Gets impaled for that one)

But it doesn't seem I was so far off...

Slipgate

gp32
2005-02-05, 22:21
For my part, I thought that X the movie had one of the most interesting musical scores in an anime, ever. That alone was a sufficient reason for me to like it ...

Keisuke
2005-02-06, 05:02
Looks like bad reviews are mostly comming from people who HAVE PLAYED AIR game.
People who didn't know anything about AIR liked the movie I hear...

Little more spoiler:

- Yukito does not refuse to drink dorori noko Juice.....

- Ryouya and Kanna speaks to each other in 'honorific-term' (ie. Like how Sayuri talks to Yuuich.)

- <<Elbhln trgf xvyyrq.....>>

Haeleth
2005-02-06, 16:01
Yes... I've seen a few more reviews myself now, and there does seem to be a consensus emerging that it's not a bad movie.

See for example Houkoholic's review here (http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=853331&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1) (don't worry, I'm linking to an English-language site for once). He looks past the massive differences and concludes that it captures the essence of the game quite well.

ChronoReverse
2005-02-06, 16:26
I honestly thought of it more like Escaflowne the movie, since it sounded just like that... trying to do a spin on the story that they could start and wrap in movie time.

But it doesn't seem I was so far off...

Slipgate

If it's like that I wouldn't mind at all; I really liked the Escaflowne movie after all.

Keisuke
2005-02-06, 17:33
Thanks for sharing the link(review) boss.

Very nice review by houkoholic.
Seriously, I think changing the story and characters' personality for a movie was a good idea.
Although I was hoping that the movie would handle the last episode of TV serise like Evangelion did, but it is actually nice to see the different element that no one was expect to see (at least to me that is). I felt kinda good when I read Evangelion Manga, which was showing a same story but also was showing a whole differnt world.

I don't know, I just am a person who loves to see the changes and something that is different. ^^

Slipgate
2005-02-07, 10:52
What's the timeframe on releasing this on DVD? Did they already have one or is it the American usual of seeing how well it does to push up or push back such a release?

Slipgate