PDA

View Full Version : What makes Kanon so speacial?

vhirvela
2005-01-19, 00:22
Mind you I'am not here to irratate, annoy or troll. I would just like to know what makes kanon so amazing game that I have heard it to be? I have only sawn a little bit of it at my friends house so I don't have a personal opinion as of yet.
I would think if there wouldn't be something totally awsome about it there wouldn't be so much of fuss about it. There must be hundreads of games like Kanon in japan why choose Kanon?

Also on a sidenote was animes about air and kanon just lucky strikes of should I be realistically expecting anime out of Clannad as well?

adun50
2005-01-19, 06:40
only one choice, well I guess it'd have to be the story. but also the cute girls. <3 <3 Nayuki.

as for a Clannad anime. i guess it can be considered on many factors, eg popularity of the game (which is pretty high in Japan), the success of Air anime, or if Key want to make a Clannad anime. but keep in mind if they do, it won't be out for a few years.

Eden
2005-01-19, 09:39
I'd go with the story as the main point.

Also the girls, the main charecter (though a charecter's lines, are part of a story) and the music. The style of the drawings are nice too.

Maceart
2005-01-19, 13:47
I'll say it's Kanon's themes. Man Shiori's spirit, her way of fighting death, all those had a big effect on me.

If there ever is a CLANNAD anime, expect it to come out around 2008... 3 years per anime/game lag time.

1999/2002 Kanon
2001/2005 AIR
2003/2008? CLANNAD

and just for kicks i hope there's going to be a Planetarian anime!

AIR anime seems to be ruling the anime boards around the USA

vhirvela
2005-01-19, 22:10
I'll say it's Kanon's themes. Man Shiori's spirit, her way of fighting death, all those had a big effect on me.

If there ever is a CLANNAD anime, expect it to come out around 2008... 3 years per anime/game lag time.

1999/2002 Kanon
2001/2005 AIR
2003/2008? CLANNAD

AIR anime seems to be ruling the anime boards around the USA

Thanks this helped a lot. Now I have set my calendar straight.

Spiritsnare
2005-01-20, 17:24

That would be probably an interesting concept in movie form. I don't think Planetarian would be able to be made into an anime or an OVA.

New
2005-01-20, 21:52
Cute girls. Or, the cute girls. People say story, but the story is character driven; without the characters, no catalyst or something's gonna happen; hell won't freeze over. But their personas, problems, lives, SOULS, fuel and drive the sole purpose of the existance of the story!

And Nayuki is the best!

AzureLight
2005-01-21, 03:28
ザ・ワン・アンド・オンリー・月宮あゆ

Slipgate
2005-01-21, 03:42
さわたり まこと を わすれないで よ!
(Don't forget Sawatari Makoto!)

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I began with the anime. While I like all the characters and as I said elsewhere was interested in playing the Nayuki angle of the game due to how close it came in the anime (spoiler-tagged in the other time I mentioned it, so here again)... in the anime story I like Nayuki, and Ayu, and all the others etc., but Makoto's story was really cool and interesting and bizarre. She was a nifty person. Hence the statement above. (Besides, we've already got the Nayuki and Ayu representers in da house just above this post)

Slipgate