PDA

View Full Version : Problem with kanon translation font

vhirvela
2005-01-19, 00:13
I saw this game beeing played at one of my friends house and the translation text was a bit messy. (Some letters were writen so closely that You had to really carefully read to know were some words start and other words end also some letters were top of each other making the words incomprehensible.)

My friend was kinda sure that the problem was in his own computer. What can he do? Also is there no opening theme in the orginal adult version? I saw what seemed to be english words for a song but I heard no music. Thanks in advance.

zalas
2005-01-19, 00:24
The song plays from the CD, so if your CD audio playing isn't working right, then you're not going to hear the OP. As for the font, make sure that you choose a fixed-width font and not a variable width one. I think Haeleth included a good fixed-width font ( hikyaku.ttf ) that should work. If you use variable width fonts, the spacing will get jumbled up.

vhirvela
2005-01-19, 01:50
The song plays from the CD, so if your CD audio playing isn't working right, then you're not going to hear the OP. As for the font, make sure that you choose a fixed-width font and not a variable width one. I think Haeleth included a good fixed-width font ( hikyaku.ttf ) that should work. If you use variable width fonts, the spacing will get jumbled up.

How can I install the fixed font? In game meny there Is no change possible because no other fonts are in the font list?

Haeleth
2005-01-19, 02:33
Copy "hikyaku.ttf" from the Kanon folder into C:\WINDOWS\FONTS (or C:\WINNT\FONTS, depending on where Windows is). It should then appear in the font menu in-game.

For the music, as Zalas says, check that normal audio CDs can be played in that computer. If they can, then the problem is probably the one described in the Kanon FAQ (http://haeleth.net/kanon.html#Windows) under the heading "How do I get the music to work in Windows 2000/XP?".

HTH.

vhirvela
2005-01-19, 22:15
Copy "hikyaku.ttf" from the Kanon folder into C:\WINDOWS\FONTS (or C:\WINNT\FONTS, depending on where Windows is). It should then appear in the font menu in-game.

For the music, as Zalas says, check that normal audio CDs can be played in that computer. If they can, then the problem is probably the one described in the Kanon FAQ (http://haeleth.net/kanon.html#Windows) under the heading "How do I get the music to work in Windows 2000/XP?".

HTH.
Thanks now I got really good font! but no luck with the musics. I only hear main theme after starting the game. No opening theme or anykind of music .
I don't know if it helps but if I skip texts I can hear the main theme beeing played in the op part (no vocals so it cant be the real op I figured) and even in the part where the main hero wakes up in the morning.

So the music never fades away and new music does not start to play. I tried to use that fade.exe thing but no luck.

Haeleth
2005-01-20, 01:30
So the music never fades away and new music does not start to play. I tried to use that fade.exe thing but no luck.
Odd... because that's exactly the problem that setfade.exe is supposed to solve.

If you do Start->Run, "regedit.exe", then click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, KEY, and finally KANON, is there an entry in the right-hand list called "CDDAVolFade", and if so, is the associated value "1"? If not, try giving it that value (create it first if necessary with Edit->New->String value).