PDA

View Full Version : Air Pocket

Donut
2005-01-13, 04:00
http://www.inside-cap.com/airpocket/

Pretty cool too put in that sort of game in a handheld, I hope many more of these game will come to PSP and other handhelds.

But I was thinking about the CG and stuff, of course the machines can handle that kind of games, but won't the pic look crappy cous the screen is so small?

Here's the link incase the one above dosn't work
http://www.inside-cap.com/airpocket/

Haeleth
2005-01-13, 04:11
A nice little hack, that.

But I was thinking about the CG and stuff, of course the machines can handle that kind of games, but won't the pic look crappy cous the screen is so small?

http://www.inside-cap.com/airpocket/wip.htm: see for yourself. Blocky but recognisable...

Donut
2005-01-13, 04:19
Oh, It Isn't for sale ? O_o ... Hehe and here i tougth it was pro made... not that i mean the hacker isn't pro but money talks.

Anyway, that'd be good if whoever is doing the translation could put it in there too. ^.^

But i rather wish stuff like that came to PSP ^_^

Slipgate
2005-01-13, 05:06
You'd be surprised what can be put on the GBA screen...

Slipgate

Donut
2005-01-13, 05:41
prolly nice too carry around ^^

Hmm Im not sure I want to know Slipgate ^^

Oh, They got the Shingetsutan Tsukihime. I've seen the animation, but I didn't know there was a game. Wonder if it's any good.

Slipgate
2005-01-13, 06:36
Oh nothing specific, just saying you can do a lot on its screen. :P

Haeleth
2005-01-13, 06:51
They got the Shingetsutan Tsukihime. I've seen the animation, but I didn't know there was a game. Wonder if it's any good.
It's very good indeed. Though definitely an adult title in every way - I haven't seen the anime, but I gather it took out most of the nastier content.

Revolve and Mirror-moon are translating the PC version, so you'll probably get to play it some day if you're interested. ;)

Donut
2005-01-13, 08:13
It's very good indeed. Though definitely an adult title in every way - I haven't seen the anime, but I gather it took out most of the nastier content.

Revolve and Mirror-moon are translating the PC version, so you'll probably get to play it some day if you're interested. ;)

Cool, Well I like the series, it was lot of blood in it :)

Hmm, got some new info from a friend. He said the story had been to compressed in the animation. It is on 13 Episode and hasn't been licensed yet .. I think.

Misu
2005-01-13, 08:17
Shingetsutan Tsukihime?

Its licensed... heck, Geoneon already has the first DVD out ^^;;

Donut
2005-01-13, 09:01
Shingetsutan Tsukihime?

Its licensed... heck, Geoneon already has the first DVD out ^^;;

EH!! , Im gonna get the box then :D Oops offtopic again.

EDIT: Hmm can't find someone in the forum named revolve and mirror moon. Do they have a site or something ?

Misu
2005-01-13, 09:12
Yeah, both Revolve (the parent group of Mirror Moon) and Mirror Moon have websites:

Revolve's is: http://revolve.emuxhaven.net/
Mirror Moon's is: http://www.mirrormoon.org/

Also, if you want to actually get some live chat from them, most of the staff typically hangs out in #Revolve on IRCHighway.net

Donut
2005-01-13, 11:36
Also, if you want to actually get some live chat from them, most of the staff typically hangs out in #Revolve on IRCHighway.net

Nah wouldn't want to bother them. Must be hard to be an translator, without pay T_T

zalas
2005-01-13, 11:51
What I like about AIR pocket is that there's two cartridges of similar size, the first one being the OP and the second being the actual game XD

Donut
2005-01-13, 13:16
What I like about AIR pocket is that there's two cartridges of similar size, the first one being the OP and the second being the actual game XD

Lol those it take's that much for the OP, and is it really by carttridge. How is it possible ? ^^

lostotaku
2005-01-13, 14:49
AIRpocket... that's awesome. Too bad they didn't do it for the sleeker DS... you could have Misuzu's map at the bottom... ^_^

JudicatorOmega
2005-01-20, 22:30
I wish they really did make those kind of games for the Nintendo DS. They would have text on the bottom screen and the scenery+characters on the top screen.

I swear I saw in a gaming magazine that some company really was trying to make a dating sim game for the DS, but it looked crappy. (not that silhouette game by the sonic team)

AzureLight
2005-01-21, 03:29
(not that silhouette game by the sonic team)
[OT]きみのためなら死ねる... it's such a weird game...

JudicatorOmega
2005-01-23, 20:26
Ah, you know what? (not a question) I found more information on that really crappy Nintendo DS game I saw a couple of months ago. But I think the game may be far worst than it appears to be. The game is called "Sprung" which is a pretty stupid name for a game considering that it is the past-tense form of the verb "spring". Its a name that tries so hard to be creative, but it just can't do it. You can see the Gamespot review here, as well as two screenshots: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/crush/review.html.

I'm going to quote an American gaming magazine called GMR, which is a magazine made for Halo fanboys and novice gamers, and they keep sending me issues every month even though I hate them (no, I didn't buy a subscription, I bought a GameStop member card). Heres the exact quote:

Wait a second...one of the first few DS titles is a dating simulator? How did this happen? Desperate fanboys have dreamed of getting one of Japan's myriad "gal games" Stateside for years to no avail, and some French dudes just hand-deliver one to Nintendo's fledgling portable. Bizzare. Well, you've gotta give them credit for trying, but Sprung probably won't do much to establish the genre in the United States--it's far too contrived and boring to titillate.
Note that there is a difference in the meaning of the word fanboy that I use and the word fanboy that they use. When I say fanboy it is for the sole purpose of bashing people who like the mediocre game and the weak magazine, but this is not a forum for talking about other such games. Sorry for waisting your time. =P

Slipgate
2005-01-23, 21:50
Review (of Sprung for the DS) by someone I know:

http://www.netjak.com/review.php/794

Besides his take on the game, he explains where the name Sprung came from and what it means. :P

Slipgate

JudicatorOmega
2005-01-23, 22:52
No, the fun lies in trying to screw up the lives of Brett, Becky, and everyone around them.
You can't argue with that. That is such an honest and detailed review. I think I just changed my mind. Yea, maybe it was prejudice of me to say the game was crappy and that it must be "far worst than it appears to be".

Slipgate
2005-01-23, 22:59
You changed your mind? It's still okay to think it's not that great a datesim, it's not exactly likely to convert people to the game type. He found it amusing but I myself (though I haven't said this to him) thought that if this was his entry into datesims that he'd get a skewed sense of what was common to them and be appealed by things he won't find in other date sims etc. Of course, I'm skewed on datesims also - Kanon and Girlfriend of Steel 2 are my actual game experiences so far, and that generates a bit of prejudice so that I might feel a conventional one that really does put me more in control of datesimming to be plotless and shallow. (Ex: Girlfriend of Steel 2 is just amusement and it's for being such a huge Eva fan that I can even go through it otherwise while enjoying it since it's so shallow to my Kanon-based tastes)

Besides which, I really only linked the review to give context to the title, but if you liked it otherwise, peachy.

Slipgate