PDA

View Full Version : AIR TV discussion (spoilers)

zalas
2005-01-06, 09:16
http://livech.sakura.ne.jp/nikki/air0110.jpg (increment up to 120 or so)
It looks like they introduce ALL THREE characters in the first episode.

PS: Starting new topic for AIR TV only (and why isn't the Japanese showing ~_~)

Haeleth
2005-01-06, 11:04
Not only is the Japanese not showing (I'm not sure it works in subject lines), but that's a dead link too... ^^;

Norwegian Lurker
2005-01-06, 12:09
It shows in FireFox if you manually set encoding to East-Asian\Japanese (Shift_JIS), but that breaks most of the Japanese in Haeleth's sig (plus the rest of the page). The link is still dead though.

Korgath
2005-01-06, 12:28
I forgot that it was out already. Time to procure it through completely legal means...

UP UP AND AWAY!!! (http://kaitenkenbu77.homestead.com/files/pictures/houjutsu.jpg)

zalas
2005-01-06, 13:08
Bah, he took it down. I guess that's what I get for posting 2ch links :D
Anyways, episode 1 gave me the general impression of AIR the game while holding ctrl. That's how fast it goes ~_~

adun50
2005-01-06, 18:27
well i just watched the raw, i'm impressed by how it was done. it follows the game pretty good. plus it's also quite funny. although some scenes seemed a bit rushed. but i guess you can't have all parts of the game in a tv series.

Keisuke
2005-01-06, 20:48
Thanks to Adun50, I was able to watch the AIR anime.

Yes. the story moves on in fast speed, but it still was good IMO. I really liked the anime.

This can be a bit of spoiler, but Haruko is actually being more nice to Yukito compare to the game (well, to my point of view).

Now, if there's anything I can whine about the first episode of this anime, that would be Minagi.... Her intro scene was too short -_- (Everyone throws rock)

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next episode. IMO, I think AIR TV Anime will be a good(just not great) anime to watch for fans.

PS:
Minagi with a brand new costume in next episode~ (LOL)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/mintv.jpg

AstCd2
2005-01-07, 08:36
Overall, a much more serious effort than Kanon TV.

The comedic timing is perfect, though Yukito seems a bit cooler-headed in the game. I've got no complaints with the animation, either. Anyone who manages to transfer Itaru's designs into a TV show without making them look awful has my admiration already. At any rate, the show is indeed fast, and it might even cover every single storyline if it proceeds at this rate, though it'll probably be at the expense of some of the more trivial but funny scenes.

Oh, and I see they've put "Unused Track #1" off the Air OST to use, too.

Keisuke
2005-01-07, 09:23
Oh, and I see they've put "Unused Track #1" off the Air OST to use, too.

I Knew that I've heard that BGM some where... It turned out to be the one of music in AIR OST Omake CD...

BTW, according to the description, looks like this BGM was supposed to be used as Minagi's theme in the game... If you ask me, this one sounds much better than the one that was used in the game.

zalas
2005-01-07, 10:27
Well the one used in the game has a more airheaded feel to it, which fits Minagi's slow behavior :D

Korgath
2005-01-07, 15:34
I'm just going to parrot you guys and say that it was fast but overall a pretty high-quality approach of animating the game.

Needs more Hijiri, though...

Haeleth
2005-01-07, 15:43
Looks to me like one of those shows that's going to be too confusing to appeal to anyone who doesn't know the story, while cutting too much to please the fans. (Translation: they cut out all my favourite bits.)

Above all, I still think whoever made that mess of Tori no Uta deserves to be shot.

BTW, Zalas, when you guys sub this, are you going to include a translation of that text scroll just after the OP...? :p

Korgath
2005-01-07, 15:51
Just pretend it's a tsunami/earthquake/epilepsy warning I'd say.

I know I was reading that text filled with shock. The nerve of some people!

zalas
2005-01-07, 19:50
Above all, I still think whoever made that mess of Tori no Uta deserves to be shot.
*leafs through credits file*
I dunno who would actually be in charge of it, since they just list Key as music production. :/ I guess you can shoot Ishihara-san :D
BTW, Zalas, when you guys sub this, are you going to include a translation of that text scroll just after the OP...? :p
Oh, I did that for Tsukihime. It was amusing :D I think there's no point though, considering how much real estate it would take up ^^;

EDIT: AstCd2 found this: http://moonphase.web.infoseek.co.jp/commonCG/20050106b.jpg
Apparently it's either 15 episodes or a really bad typo in the video promo for AIR TV in February's Animage.

Maceart
2005-01-09, 17:21
man saw AIR tv from koi fansubs...and I have to saw it was FREAKIN AWESOME!!! characters spot on, Natsukage kicks arse, and michiru cracks my loli laughs. man what a great start to AIR

ChronoReverse
2005-01-09, 20:00
Just finished episode 1 as well.

Animation is very good. In some of scenes that were static, they didn't take the lazy route out by simply using the same frame, rather, the colours subtly change (and not just a colour tone change either).

Humour timing was perfect (unlike a lot of anime out there). I still find the female eyes odd (like all of Key's designs) but Yukito is good.

I don't know the Air story so I can't say anything about that, but as a viewer not familiar with Air, this production looks very good.

Only thing I have to pick at is the OP and ED. Both of them are cut off rather abruptly and just sound odd. While it's still playing it sounds good to my ear (although I'm sure if I understood it and knew the original I'd be calling for blood).

adun50
2005-01-09, 20:53
yeah i watched the Koi version yesterday also. quality wise it was good. but i can't really judge on translation as translation are dependent on the person translating them. meaning its interpreted the way the translator sees it, but either way it looked pretty accurate to me. but what i also noticed is that Koi did not have their own credits in the opening or ending themes like most fansubbers do, well not that it matters anyway.

ChronoReverse
2005-01-09, 21:26
More strange is that it turned out that this wasn't really done by Koi at all. They've denied being the ones who did it.

I found one typo in the fansub but that's as far as I can tell since I do not understand Japanese.

adun50
2005-01-11, 06:15
well i have just watched the Takeda version. not bad. pretty good compared to the Koi version (have yet to watch Static's version) and there are noticible translation and video differences.

eg takeda's version does not add the -san suffix to Yukito's name.

well not that it matters but all is good :)

lostotaku
2005-01-11, 10:33
Well, I see I'm a bit behind posting, but...

I've watched the first ep, plan on watching every fansubbed version I can find (already seen koi and statics). My only complaint is that I felt they were rushing a little introducing the characters, but it was still done well. I thought Misuzu's character was done beautifully. Her weird antics were really... misuzu-ish, and they made me laugh.

Yukito seems a little too nice now, but they did it to Yuui in the Kanon anime too. I'm pretty sure he was hitting Misuzu (Misuzu chin pinchu!) a bit harder in the game.

More strange is that it turned out that this wasn't really done by Koi at all. They've denied being the ones who did it.

Has me wondering. It'll be interesting to find out what comes of that.

Can't wait for ep 2...

ChronoReverse
2005-01-11, 16:13
Well, I found Yukito to be a little harsh but with quite reasonable responses. I have no experience with Air the game, so I find his character to be quite amusing.

Soulfang
2005-01-11, 16:38
well i have just watched the Takeda version. not bad. pretty good compared to the Koi version (have yet to watch Static's version) and there are noticible translation and video differences.

eg takeda's version does not add the -san suffix to Yukito's name.

well not that it matters but all is good :)
You can expect a similar style of translation for the Clannad Project.

IMO, Takeda did a great job, and I loved the translation notes :D

Slipgate
2005-01-12, 07:26
I've been quiet a while, but I'll pipe up to say I watched the "Koi" (or whoever it REALLY is) version that first popped up. I have space issues often so I didn't want to go download other versions of the same episode as long as I understood everything in ep 1 already and the print was good, which is true for me of what I already got. However, it IS (along with Ah! My Goddess) one of the two shows I'm definitely definitely watching. I have a friend who has the Air game (I haven't played yet) and he agreed with your views here that it seemed really fast, but (shrugs) as I understand it, they're trying to get through a whole "scenario" (plus added character development?) in 12 episodes... Kanon TV (which I think is godly and first got me into any of this stuff at all) was kinda fast too (in fact, at first the game felt kinda slow :P). Anyway, so I like it, and he thought it rocked also (he also commented on how he'd forgotten how amazing and waterlike Misuzu's eyes were :).

On another note, there was (for the movie albeit) some interviews and specials a while back with the voice actors being interviewed, and Hikaru Midorikawa (voice of Yukito, and one of my favorite male seiyuu because he has such a kickass strong voice) was talking there... but he was being Mr. MUMBLES! Arrrgh! You could barely hear him and he has such a commanding voice normally. My friend noticed it independently and we both hoped that he actually SPOKE UP for the voice work itself. (On a side note - I thought Tomoko Kawakami (Sayuri-Kanon,Misuzu-Air) sounded a lot more dainty and unsure of being forceful herself outside of acting the characters)... and we were both delighted to see Air episode 1 and his full strong voice be used. Wee.

(I'm a voice acting fan dating back to about 1984 :P)

Slipgate

Haeleth
2005-01-12, 08:46
Hikaru Midorikawa (voice of Yukito, and one of my favorite male seiyuu because he has such a kickass strong voice) was talking there... but he was being Mr. MUMBLES! Arrrgh! You could barely hear him and he has such a commanding voice normally. My friend noticed it independently and we both hoped that he actually SPOKE UP for the voice work itself. . . . and we were both delighted to see Air episode 1 and his full strong voice be used. Wee.
That was Daisuke Ono, not Hikaru Midorikawa... for some reason they're using different actors for Yukito in the movie and TV series.

Slipgate
2005-01-12, 09:38
Wow, that is bizarre. He sounds exactly like Hikaru (I got to see Hikaru sorta in-person once) and I was even noticing enunciations that reminded me of other things I've seen Hikaru do in various anime.

Also bizarre since the rest of the cast is consistent... that I know of so far.

(checks him) Wow, he's pretty recently in the business all things considered. Well, he's got a robust enough voice that he'll probably have good success as he keeps getting roles.

Slipgate

ChronoReverse
2005-01-12, 11:05
Money saved by not using Midorikawa == money to transfer to art

Slipgate
2005-01-12, 11:09
Perhaps but it's not like Aya Hisakawa or some of the others are cheap :P. Hisakawa at least has major clout and probably major payouts.

Slipgate

Stranger
2005-01-13, 01:19
wow, i feelt like playing the game with tons and tons of CGs... heck I paused the anime a number of times just to look at the CGs... and the quilty is very very very good... me like. (not to mention that this is the first time I hear the voices of the charecters :-) ).

by the way, don't realy know how many people actuly play an anime till the end, so am not sure if this is a valid point or not. But shouldn't the translation notes be at the begining of the anime and not the end?! (or a the very lest a 5 seconds note in the begining telling people that there are notes at the end).

of before I forget, thanks reinux, zalas, AstCd2, supers, Zarxrax and RaistinMajere

P.S. The late comment is due to the fact that it toke me 2 days to download this :-(

AstCd2
2005-01-13, 02:53
Heh, you make it sound as though I actually did any work ^^;;

Slipgate
2005-01-13, 05:02
thanks reinux, zalas, AstCd2, supers, Zarxrax and RaistinMajere

Which sub group are you all in? Or which separate groups are you all in? When I think zalas was asked if he translated the note at the start, I wanted to know which subber he was working for.

Slipgate

Stranger
2005-01-13, 05:17
"Takeda Honyakubu (http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/moin.cgi/FansubStatus)", and they are also working on the game translation.

P.S. they... does NOT include me :-)

zalas
2005-01-13, 10:16
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/pics/air0014.jpg
Look familiar anyone?
*falls over*

Slipgate
2005-01-13, 10:26
What the heck? I would say so, yes. Is this in episode 2 or something?

Slipgate

Misu
2005-01-13, 10:32
hehe, thats hilarious.... probably some photoshop magic ^^

Donut
2005-01-13, 11:31
Nah, paint :P ... it can be done :D we all know it :P. Cool done tougth :D

adun50
2005-01-13, 15:12
hahaha, that's so cool. still waiting for the raw :|

K
2005-01-13, 16:05
Uh... so... does that actually happen or is it someone's odd joke?

Only Nayuki comes off looking "right" there, though... still a tad different, but close enough >_>

ChronoReverse
2005-01-13, 21:36
I've seen different screenshots of the same scene. I'm inclined to think that they're really making a guest appearance. In any case, I'll find out for sure when this torrent of the raw finishes for me.

AstCd2
2005-01-13, 22:09
It's a real screenshot from episode 2.
They even pulled the appropriate voice actresses out of the closet.

Valkyrie
2005-01-13, 22:17
woah...in other words, highly cool! XD

Slipgate
2005-01-13, 22:41
Was discussing this with my friend and we're like, okay, if they're in the classroom, that's either one really dropped cameo or they're going to somehow show repeatedly.... might mess with continuity (but we might not mind) but we WOULD be wondering why they were there and what they were doing regularly. (Note: I know they won't literally show up in every episode, we're just puzzling out doing such a cameo at all).... they look odd in the different uniforms.

Imagine this scene: Uguu, stop saying Gao!

Definitely cute though, and I look forward to hearing Yui Horie, Mayumi Iizuka, and Mariko Kouda again.

Slipgate

Keisuke
2005-01-14, 01:13
It's a real screenshot from episode 2.
They even pulled the appropriate voice actresses out of the closet.

What's their role? Kano's No.1 friends?

PS to Boss:
Haeleth! Check your e-mail box~ XP

Valkyrie
2005-01-14, 04:44
haha......gao and uguu....i wonder which "sound" is more.....funny? :P

Haeleth
2005-01-14, 06:31
It's a cool scene, but I can't help feeling it'd have been even better if the Kanon anime had included a Cameo Misuzu. *ducks*

AzureLight
2005-01-14, 07:13
My friend confirmed it - I was like... gaoping lol

adun50
2005-01-14, 08:17
yeah i just watched the raw for ep2, i was like OMG! cool although it was a bit weird. but yeah, good that they got the original voice actresses.

Stranger
2005-01-14, 10:14
Heh, you make it sound as though I actually did any work ^^;;humm.... alright, zalas, how much to get my name into the credit of the 2nd epsode :p

Nayuki-sama is back... I'm in tears at the moment j/k

Slipgate
2005-01-14, 10:19
You know, considering the trouble to hire these voice actresses for a cameo (some of which have blossoming careers like Yui Horie) - I still don't see the "Save money by not using Midorikawa" thing going on here. But again, Daisuke's doing great.

Keisuke
2005-01-14, 20:53
Just watched the raw version of 2nd ep...

Potato's dance was very funny to look at.

I was afraid of how Potato's dance would look like in the anime. (I was thinking if it would look unpleasant to look at like game was describing.... ^^;;)

Maceart
2005-01-15, 00:33
Damn... haven't seen ep 2 yet... waiting for either a english or chinese sub.

but it looks mighty good, did they keep the same animation and art quality as in the first episode?

zalas
2005-01-15, 00:56
Looks like they started using more Korean animators now :)
Anyways, I really am not a big fan of the pacing, although I understand its necessity. It essentially is extremely confusing to someone who is not familiar with the game's plot. Parts of episode 2 felt like they were just random scenes stitched together with no coherence at all.

Haeleth
2005-01-15, 03:47
Ah well, at least they kept "Shino Saika, 6-sai" and the nagashi-sōmen scene. It's just a shame they're putting in so much Kano and Misuzu and so little Minagi... :p

Slipgate
2005-01-15, 06:20
zalas: Aww... a bit less good? And actually, as someone who knows nothing of the game, the plot isn't confusing yet. It's just "Strange things afoot." Kanon TV made sense within its own context too... the questions that it "left" that the game would answer weren't exactly even questions... for example, I wasn't dying to know why Mai wore bunny ears. I still don't know since I haven't done her angle.

Most likely, Haeleth, they'll focus in on Minagi more. They need to do deeper establishment in turns even if they threw a lot of intros close together.

Slipgate

Keisuke
2005-01-15, 08:25
and so little Minagi... :p

*Agrees*

Well.... At least we found out how does Minagi's mom looks like in the 2nd epsiode. XP

ChronoReverse
2005-01-15, 15:17
Hmmm, episode 2 does feel more quick paced than episode 1 simply because of all the scenes they had to compress in.

To those complaining of the lack of their favorite scene in the show, you ought to considering the pacing.

However, it's not in the least confusing to me as someone without familiarity with the game. The episode was not quite as amusing as episode 1 but begins to bring the sense of "Something's Afoot".

The number of different backgrounds, the "camera work", and the sound mixing are still up to the levels of episode 1. Animation is a tad reduced, but I'm assuming that's because of the material this episode covered. The art is still very good in some scenes.

Donut
2005-01-15, 20:04
Hmm , don't the kid with white hair .. what was his name again, have any other than that shirt and jeans ? O_O ?

EDIT: lol my bad just saw that he got a new white t shirt ... gao :P

Indeed the pace is much quicker even tougth i havn't played this game I can still feel that things are going fast. Hope not too fast.

Slipgate
2005-01-15, 20:07
Well he is a traveler with nothing on him and it's not like he had a bag. Unless he borrows clothing from Misuzu or others, yeah, that'd be all he has (is about to see episode 2 and hasn't yet).

Sorry I just gave everyone the image of him borrowing Misuzu's clothing :).

On that note, wasn't the boy's school uniform of the school in Kanon... let's just say I felt very sorry for Yuuichi and Kitagawa having to wear it. Those pants. Uguu.

Edit: There's something hen about this particular thread. Sometimes in the forum it doesn't show up anywhere and I have to re-access it by going to my own or another member's profile who's posted it in and seeking out a post in the thread and then it magically shows back up in my display of the forum (that is, after I've read it, going to parent and it reappears in the thread list. I can't determine cookie or cache issues here... is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, I wanted to bring it to Haeleth's attention.

Slipgate

Donut
2005-01-15, 20:25
Maybe that boy was going to their house, but discovered no one was at home, and got dissapointed and went home. So that Yuichi got the cake-san! XD

Hmm this anime is strange...

Haeleth
2005-01-16, 02:57
Sorry I just gave everyone the image of him borrowing Misuzu's clothing :).
Given that that's exactly what he just did, I'm not sure what's wrong with the image... :p

There's something hen about this particular thread. Sometimes in the forum it doesn't show up anywhere...
Seems to be a subtle phpBB bug (or possibly a bug with one of the mods I've installed). It happens with other threads too from time to time. It's never been enough of a problem for me to bother trying to track it down though.

Maybe that boy was going to their house, but discovered no one was at home, and got dissapointed and went home. So that Yuichi got the cake-san!
You're referring to the bloke in the tie who gives Yukito the cake, right? His identity and role (and the reason behind that particular action) will all become much clearer towards the end of the show.

Slipgate
2005-01-16, 08:17
Given that that's exactly what he just did, I'm not sure what's wrong with the image... :p

Well I hadn't seen the episode yet (I have now... getting bizarre :) )... :) But now that I have, I'm sure you know the image I was referencing was that of borrowing... oh say, feminine wear.

Seems to be a subtle phpBB bug (or possibly a bug with one of the mods I've installed). It happens with other threads too from time to time. It's never been enough of a problem for me to bother trying to track it down though.

I'm part of another PHPBB board where I haven't seen this behavior, but my guess would be one of the mods since you have a slightly higher BB version here and that board has no mods I know of. If you're bored one day :).

You're referring to the bloke in the tie who gives Yukito the cake, right? His identity and role (and the reason behind that particular action) will all become much clearer towards the end of the show.

Frankly the person in the tie who gave the cake... the right kind of cake on the right day with the right number of candles... my Kanon TV-trained eyes find it hard not to speculate on that. Heck, I'm speculating on the appearance of Misuzu's mom leaving the shrine.

I have to say I know you all apparently like Minagi, but the Minagi portion of ep 1 was where it seemed to go on a tangent briefly and especially the behavior with Michiru was "Um? And he wonders what he did to her after hitting her?" I'm guessing it's a very hostile relationship with Michiru in the game, but sometimes such won't work so well actually seeing it since for that scene Yukito suddenly became very immature and then snapped back to normal. Minagi was more interesting in this episode though.

Incidentally Haeleth, if you're going ahead and watching Air, go back and watch Kanon TV! I know you've been resistant to it before, but although I'm sure it misses some stuff you're aware of given how you've read the whole script, that if you go ahead and take it for a ride from start to finish you'll at least find it nifty.

Slipgate

Haeleth
2005-01-17, 15:52
the Minagi portion of ep 1 was where it seemed to go on a tangent briefly and especially the behavior with Michiru was "Um? And he wonders what he did to her after hitting her?"
Yeah - they cut out all the context, such as Yukito's first meeting with Michiru (without either Misuzu or Minagi being present). In the game Michiru's violent reaction to Yukito's presence makes sense; in the anime she just starts hitting him at random. I hope they do her better justice later in the series...

Maceart
2005-01-17, 20:34
Saw episode 2. Man AIR tv is so awesome. There's OAV quality animation here, folks. I'll point out three scenes that I found the animation to be on par with movie quality.

1) Opening scene: watch the CG ocean. Man that ocean looks more realistic than most ocean animation in most other anime, even movies!

2) Misuzu says "I'm going to bed" Watch how she stands up. She gathers the bottle, picks up the cup, bends her knees, THEN gets up and walks out of the room. Man I bet some anime movies can't stand up to such detail.

3) Haruko picking up the beer bottle. She's slightly drunk, so when she reaches for it, she knocks it first, before grabbing it. Also, she pops the cork back in with resounding detail.

Man AIR tv kicks ass.

Spiritsnare
2005-01-18, 17:12
First and second eps = love.

Then again, I'm not a complete AIR fanboy, seeing as the game translation project was shut down and I can't understand one bit of what's going on...so I have no clue as to if scenes were cut out or not.

Then again, they have to fit it into a 13 ep series. I guess 26 was a bit too much.

x.x It's ironic because it shut down just as I got it from the store...

EDIT: Zalas, are you guys going to do OP karaoke or keep it the way it was in the first ep?

zalas
2005-01-18, 18:14
We're not going to do OP karaoke because 1) there's too much stuff flying around in the opening sequence and you should be paying attention to that instead of the lyrics, and 2) less is more (plus I was trying to imitate some styles from the game opening)

Oh and about that AIR thing... don't despair, a baby bird will eventually learn how to fly and escape into the public world.

Misu
2005-01-18, 20:08
So Zalas, does that mean we are going to see an update to the infamous math equation of: 177/2121=8.3 ^~

Is it just me, or did I notice a lot more repeat frames used in ep 2 over ep 1, or is this what everyone is refering to as the worse animation of episode 2?

zalas
2005-01-20, 18:23
I'm glad the way episode 3 turned out. While the pacing might still be fast, they're not cramming as much stuff into it as before IMO. Furthermore, the dance beat remix of 絵空事 kicks so much butt, especially in the scene where they used it.

Misu
2005-01-20, 19:12
I dont know if discussing this is against forum policies, so if it is, could you just PM me your response?

But zalas, where do you get your raws so fast, or are you in Japan and actually watching the episode oO?

zalas
2005-01-20, 19:19
To keep it short and sweet, I use what the Japanese would use. (is this okay Haeleth-sama? ^^;)

Misu
2005-01-20, 19:37
ahhh... I think I took the hint ^^

Haeleth
2005-01-21, 12:01
It'd be a bit hypocritical of me to condemn anyone for downloading AIR raws. But I'd rather people didn't mention sources here directly. Particularly given the way the warning at the start of each episode seems to be getting direr every time... @@

Haeleth-sama
Please don't grovel... -_-;;

Korgath
2005-01-21, 12:05
I just watched episode 3 too. They seem to be concentrating more on Kano from now on, so that's why the pacing feels a bit better, but it's still pretty fast compared to the game. Hijiri's scalpel usage has also improved, but it's not as funny as in the game IMO.

zalas
2005-01-21, 14:59
Yeah, no Potato missile T_T

Donut
2005-01-23, 10:03
Yes.. kill Yukito ... Kill ... KILL!! NYAHAHAHA!

No seriously, im feeling kinda lost in this series -_-

ChronoReverse
2005-01-23, 14:22
That's fine, it's only if you're still confused at the end when it's a problem.

Donut
2005-01-23, 15:51
I hope it dosn't get as NGE, I watched all the eps in one day, with a friend. Anime Marathon ... didn't understand a shit.

How many eps will Air be on ?

zalas
2005-01-23, 17:37
12 Episodes is the current best guess, although there's speculation that it's 15.

Maceart
2005-01-24, 14:24
Yes. Episode 3... weird ending, and Misuzu is still just as much as a clutz as ever.

I want a dog like potato...he stood there for over a day!

adun50
2005-01-24, 16:33
well i guess we'll have to wait another 8 weeks to see if it is 12 or 15 eps. though with the current pace of the tv series, I wonder how much of Summer will be in it.

zalas
2005-01-24, 19:56
If you guys could rot13 your spoilers or something, that would be nice.

Keisuke
2005-01-24, 20:58
I see that they have added cicada scene in ep.3 ^^

I was worried a bit about it because I though they would cut it for the time.

Hmm... More new costumes on Air girls...(except Michiru)

Valkyrie
2005-01-25, 03:04
so little of Minagi though... >.<"

zalas
2005-01-25, 03:13
Looks like Minagi's story is next after Kano's so be patient ^^;

Haeleth
2005-01-25, 11:00
If you guys could rot13 your spoilers or something, that would be nice.
I've taken the easy way out and changed the topic title instead. Hope that's okay with everyone. ^^;

Interesting if they are going Kano -> Minagi -> Misuzu... as that's the order people generally say you should play the game in, too.

Keisuke
2005-01-25, 11:16
I am really wondering how the Kano's story in anime will end.

If they are really going to follow the game, then Yukito will be living with Kano in town. (Unless they are going to follow the bad ending of Kano scenario....)

Hm.. I wonder if Kano will ever show up again in anime after her story ends?

2005-01-25, 11:58
Is this a thread for people who've played through the game already and so will contain spoilers yet to be seen in the anime?

Keisuke
2005-01-25, 12:09
Is this a thread for people who've played through the game already and so will contain spoilers yet to be seen in the anime?

Kind of like that.
Although I do not think that everyone in this BBS have played the game though. (Only the Boss, Asuto-chin, Weave, Zalas, and myself have played the game I think...There can be more.)

Some of members (including myself) are talking about how they think about the episode that they have watched too.

Slipgate
2005-01-25, 12:16
Well, as episodes come out, we're discussing them with the expectation that people aren't tuning in unless they've watched also, so TV spoilers possible.

Because of how we're also going to look at it based on what we already know of Air, game spoilers from those who know the game are also likely.

I myself haven't played the game yet but I've seen the first three episodes of the anime thus far.

Slipgate

Valkyrie
2005-01-25, 20:58
the pace is so fast in the anime though...i wonder how much more of the game scenes is cut out...

i've completed the game as well, and though the anime does seem to be rather short, it promises to be rather amusing in a way too.

zalas
2005-01-26, 18:04
*hopes that special scene is in episode 4*

Keisuke
2005-01-26, 18:25
Are you talking about that 'bed' scene in Kano Scenario? =PPP

Valkyrie
2005-01-26, 20:41
omg zalas.....but how can it be...um...in the anime?

zalas
2005-01-26, 22:16
Are you talking about that 'bed' scene in Kano Scenario? =PPP
Of course not _-_
It's that other special scene (and no, I'm not talking about the imaginary you know what between the sisters -_-)

zalas
2005-01-27, 02:33
*bump for this:*
http://blog.livedoor.jp/himalog/archives/12889157.html

Apparently anivillage made some of their backgrounds for AIR public.

EDIT: Episode 4 saikou~~~~

However, I think the change from the game is very apparent in this episode (since this ends someone's arc), and there were details that they cut out, which would have been better if they had been left in. :/

Keisuke
2005-01-28, 05:36
I've just watched the raw version of ep 4...

We get to listen to lovely bgm(銀色).

Oh and Minagi fans WILL NOT LIKE what will be on ep 5... =/

It looks like Minagi's story is close to the end already.

adun50
2005-01-28, 15:19
not enough gao in ep 4. but weird watching end of Kano's scenario seeing how I never got to finish her scenario at all. :P

Haeleth
2005-01-28, 17:05
I guess they handled Kano about as well as they could, given constraints like not being able to hook her up with Yukito. Shiroha was excellent, and I think I'm in love with Young Hijiri... ;)

The art seems to be deteriorating, though. Potato was positively square on Misuzu's lap, and the trees at the end were dreadful. The only thing that impressed me was the CG work on the feather.

Oh and Minagi fans WILL NOT LIKE what will be on ep 5... =/
Whyever not?

<Ybbxf yvxr gurl'er tbvat gb phg bhg gur qvpgvbanel, naq boivbhfyl Lhxvgb'f abg tbvat gb zbir va gb gur fgngvba...> but apart from that I didn't see anything in the preview to suggest anything I particularly like will be missing from her story.

And I'd have expected <gur envafgbez> to be featured in the preview if they were going to wrap her story up in the very next episode, which is promising... though I may be deluding myself. ^^

Keisuke
2005-01-28, 20:31
Whyever not?

<Ybbxf yvxr gurl'er tbvat gb phg bhg gur qvpgvbanel, naq boivbhfyl Lhxvgb'f abg tbvat gb zbir va gb gur fgngvba...> but apart from that I didn't see anything in the preview to suggest anything I particularly like will be missing from her story.

And I'd have expected <gur envafgbez> to be featured in the preview if they were going to wrap her story up in the very next episode, which is promising... though I may be deluding myself. ^^

Ah. the <gur envafgbez> scene...
Forgot about that one. But... Isn't that the scene which makes <Lhxvgb naq Zvantv'f eryngvbafuvc zhpu fgebatre???? >

I wanted to see the scene <Jura Zvantv nfxf Lhxvgb gb wbva ure nfgebabzl pyho jura gurl zrg rnpu bgure ng gur ornpu...>.

Well I still like Air TV version a lot.
However, I was hoping that the animators would focus more on Minagi and Kano's story on TV version because people will get to see Misuzu's story in the AIR movie anyway.... (Although I do know that story in the movie version appears to be different judging by the preview...)

Oh well, you can't have everything I guess.

Come to think of it, if I look at it as a bright side, I guess that TV anime is not giving away much spoiler for the AIR game version...

P.S.
My friends have watched the AIR anime and they all loved it, even the Tori no Uta opening(Without any complaints), and none of them have played the game version.

ChronoReverse
2005-01-28, 22:36
Indeed. I must say that Air TV was well-written for people who haven't played the game yet (so far). That, in my book, is a Good Thing(tm)

Slipgate
2005-01-30, 11:56
Well.

This post contains a great deal of speculation as well as Episode 4 thoughts. It also is full of Kanon (TV and by extension game) spoilers. Imagine this whole post is ROT-13ed before you proceed :). Mind you, I have not played far enough in the game, so this isn't spoiler territory necessarily, but depending on if I'm on the money, there's huge potential for spoilers here. So people have been warned (although at this point the thread is flagged so this might be a moot warning to make).

As is usual form with me, these remarks come out of discussion with my friend who also has the game and is also watching this show with me. It was definitely a loaded episode, which can be a weakness of it, but Wow. We're both eager to find out more about things with the game, such as with the feather (though I have "Kanna" speculations on that, though I don't really know who or what Kanna is yet besides possible association with Misuzu). There were parallels... "My one precious thing" and "by my hands." It took me a moment when I was seeing the historic scene and she was saying that and then I was like "(expletive deleted)" and looped back a few seconds.

Definitely a good episode, but it was brisk. That can be a good thing, but it never feels like a good thing to people who know the slower thing. Like myself with LOTR, or the way SM people find the anime too slow but I'm like whoa whoa slow down to the manga when I was used to the anime (seriously I thought the manga of SM should've given some time for SM to grow before throwing in characters) :). Back to Air: Effective in this episode though were stuff like Kano overhearing her sis on the "no actual magic" thing, etc. I'm also tickled at something else... though I'm sure the plot is going to throw total last minute kinks in what I saw it going for like how Ayu was suddenly alive :P (in Kanon TV). The arcing of the anime pretty much has it set up as Misuzu and Yukito going around together doing stuff, the way Nayuki was Yuuichi's compatriot and gave him advice on everyone. In the end, Yukito was done with Kano and talked to Misuzu and told her to keep smiling :). That was great. There are people here who see it as though those two are arcing toward each other, and I so far agree. Though I'm still anticipating some kind of whoosh switchout like Kanon did by showing Ayu to be alive... doesn't seem it'll be Kano though, in fact, I wonder if Kano will even show other than brief happy cameos a la Mai anytime after episode 8 in Kanon TV. And if they get Minagi out of the way... it'll be Misuzu or Kanna. Uguuu :P Probably not Kanna, but she might throw a kink in the Misuzu coupling.

And my friend and I both NOW get the "1000th summer" remark. That seems fairly Kano-centric unless its central to all three plots though... I can easily see Misuzu and Kanna relate to that, but Minagi might be more of a stretch.

Now I get into some more future speculation. I've noticed that sort of like Kanon TV but with some differences, they're brushstroking in some of Minagi and Misuzu and while they got Kano finished, they have spent time dropping clues to both of the others. (Remember, my views on Kanon are influenced by having seen the series first off, so my view of that story developed in the "mutual development and then take turns wrapping" style Kanon did). I also speculate that the feather has to do with the history of the girl Yukito is looking for (which I'm wondering, given above, if it is Kanna, but I don't know what Kanna is yet so this probably sounds like foolish stuff you guys can laugh about until I learn the real truths). In Kanon you had characters that were slowly developing as characters in the foreground who then had their arcs finished in turn. Earlier I was doing some guesstimation, since someone on the forum suspected they'll go through the chars in the recommended order for the game (Kano, Minagi, Misuzu). It seems ep 1 started laying each of their grounds, and then Kano got three sort of dedicated episodes. So MAYBE, either it's four episodes for each of the three (12 episodes), OR, three episodes for Minagi, three episodes for Misuzu, which leads into two major finale episodes that factor in Kanna and have him pick a girl. (The reports that it'll go to 15 I haven't seen confirmation for, so I'm speculating in the 12 frame, also, if it hit 15, they'll have unnecessarily squeezed story so far and could have given Kano more room if Minagi/Misuzu/(Kanna?) were going to get more room). The last two episodes might also tie the girls together on related threads. I can see Kano and Misuzu being related by the feather, Minagi's a harder stretch because I don't know about her yet. Just a few possibilities in my head, mind you.

If this post seems strangely ordered it's because I moved around paragraphs because I first did Air 4 comments, speculation of the future, and then more Air 4 comments and I moved those paragraphs to be together. I don't see any odd referencebacks to stuff I have yet to say or anything, but yeah... if any such errors exist, that's why (but do let me know).

Slipgate

zalas
2005-01-30, 13:45
Jryy. Naq zl sevraq naq V obgu ABJ trg gur "1000gu fhzzre" erznex. Gung frrzf snveyl Xnab-pragevp hayrff vgf prageny gb nyy guerr cybgf gubhtu... V pna rnfvyl frr Zvfhmh naq Xnaan eryngr gb gung, ohg Zvantv zvtug or zber bs n fgergpu.

Jryy, Fuvenub'f fgbel vf sebz nebhaq 1275, qhevat gur Zbatby vainfvba bs Wncna, fb sbe ure gung fgbel vf zber yvxr 820gu fhzzre ^^;

Slipgate
2005-01-30, 14:36
ROT-13ed

Uzz, pybfr rabhtu. Creuncf fhzzref ner fvtavsvpnag gb nyy guerr tveyf, ohg gur bar jub tbrf shegurfg onpx va onpxfgbel tbrf onpx gb 1000 lrnef ntb? Fb 1000 bs gurfr fhzzref birenyy?

Slipgate

zalas
2005-01-30, 20:53
You'll see in around episode 8 or so. (my guess)

Bust Nak
2005-01-31, 11:27
I've just watched the 4th episode, all I have to say is Hijiri in school uniform is hot!