PDA

View Full Version : Doujin Games

lostotaku
2004-12-29, 14:46
If you don't know what a doujin game is, it's a game made by a non-commercial group that is often based upon another game. Kanon has a lot of such titles based upon it... you've probably heard of a few such as Twilight Frontier's Eternal Fighter Zero or Studio Siesta's Pocket Kanon and Air. This particualar otaku has amassed quite a collection of them over the years (you can pick them up at himeya.com, by the way).

And maybe if you know a bit about them you might be able to help this poor lost otaku out? If someone could tell me a, anything about the story in Romancing Kanon which I absolutely cannot understand at all, or b: how I can unlock characters in Kanossyu 2 (GC Maple) it would be greatly appreciated ^_^

AzureLight
2005-01-01, 07:01
You're lucky you even OWN Romancing Kanon @_@;

I got hooked on KanonRPG a little while ago. But that and EFZ demo are the only doujin games I have... *sob*

lostotaku
2005-01-05, 11:55
There there! Even if you don't own many doujin games, just think how lucky you are to be one of the few people to experience Kanon... of the billions of people in the world, only a handful of a million or so had that chance!

Lucky to own RK? I just got it off himeya... wasn't a rare find or anything, or atleast I don't think it was. It did take about forever for me to actually recieve it though.

And is Kanon RPG in the same series? I've heard of AIRRPG before which came out before Romancing Kanon... I think... but I've never heard of this one. How is it?

AzureLight
2005-01-05, 20:36
There there! Even if you don't own many doujin games, just think how lucky you are to be one of the few people to experience Kanon... of the billions of people in the world, only a handful of a million or so had that chance!XD;;;;;; Okay I can claim I own Kanon, but only the console version, and I'm not even 10% finished.

Lucky to own RK? I just got it off himeya... wasn't a rare find or anything, or atleast I don't think it was. It did take about forever for me to actually recieve it though.Himeya don't ship to my country... or I just don't know the works of buying online.

And is Kanon RPG in the same series? I've heard of AIRRPG before which came out before Romancing Kanon... I think... but I've never heard of this one. How is it? KanonRPG is freeware from the same people that made AirRPG and Romancing Kanon. It's on their site (http://ayumoe.chat-jp.com/).

lostotaku
2005-01-11, 10:39
Woah, awesome... thanks for the link. Well I'll admit that Himeya is not exactly the speediest and easiest to work with people in the world... I tell you what, you have them ship what you want to my address and I'll send you the copies I make. I mean your games.

Right now looking into getting the new game by Twilight Fronteir... "Touhou Musou -Immaterial and Missing Power." Based on Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and Perfect Cherry Blossom, arcade shooter games. Don't know if Himeya's carrying them yet though.

ChronoReverse
2005-01-11, 16:11
Doubt it, it was just released at C67. I'm looking into buying a copy from some guy who has 5 copies of the game, but in the meantime, I've downloaded a highly illegal copy to play with.

Donut
2005-01-12, 09:05
Mostly people do like that in order too check out the game, moralistic I think it's a pretty decent way to get to know if it's a worthy buy. But then people who enjoy the game and don't buy it for reasons like, " Nah I alredy have it, so why should i care" Should almost just die ^_^ New to the forums BTW, Nice too meet ya.

Haeleth
2005-01-12, 09:31
In the case of 東方萃夢想, the demo (http://www.tasofro.net/touhou/download.html) is possibly an even more moral option. ;)

BTW, Himeya do have it (http://shop.himeya.com/products/adult_mag_jp/immaterial/immaterial.html). (For some reason they've started putting all the dojin stuff in the adult section, God only knows why.)

lostotaku
2005-01-12, 16:00
Doubt it, it was just released at C67. I'm looking into buying a copy from some guy who has 5 copies of the game, but in the meantime, I've downloaded a highly illegal copy to play with.
A highly illegal copy... you must of course mean that you downloaded the demo, and it is highly illegal because the using the internet is illegal in your country. Well, I downladed the demo too, but the interenet's legal here in Jumi Celestia, so no worries.
New to the forums BTW, Nice too meet ya.
A pleasure, welcome.
BTW, Himeya do have it. (For some reason they've started putting all the dojin stuff in the adult section, God only knows why.)
Sankyu! I know what you mean about all the stuff being in the adult section... took me a while to explain to my friends that the games I was buying were perfectly clean.