PDA

View Full Version : Kanon Bargain Edition?

Misu
2004-12-24, 16:38
Anyone know anything about it? It came out not to long ago, and sporting a price of $35 (http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003875567/did-96/code-j/section-games/), I'm not complaining very much, I'm just curious to know if there is any differances from the original PS2 Version AND (by far the most important for me), can the voice patch be used with the extracted Voice Files from this version?

zalas
2004-12-24, 22:07
Looks like a cheap rerelease of the PS2 version to me :/
I wonder if they mixed it up with Kanon Standard Edition, and if they did, I'm buying it <_<

Korgath
2004-12-25, 02:10
Yeah, I've seen an ad (http://kaitenkenbu77.homestead.com/files/pictures/kanonbest.jpg) of it before. It's talking about "added functions" but I have no idea what they are supposed to be. Anyway, I've already ordered it and am expecting to receive it sometime January, since I didn't have the console version yet. I'll write up the differences once I have it, if there are any, but keep in mind that I only have the original adult PC version to compare with.

Slipgate
2004-12-25, 07:38
I'm curious what there might be other than "fixing typos" and the like that the guy was talking about in the Key staff diary.

At the moment the main appeal the PS2 version has for me is Yuuichi's voice, since I haven't seen either console (DC or PS2) version to know why they're considered awesome (I mean other than the voices, I've heard that they're much nicer also).

Slipgate

AstCd2
2004-12-25, 17:45
I'm curious what there might be other than "fixing typos" and the like that the guy was talking about in the Key staff diary.

At the moment the main appeal the PS2 version has for me is Yuuichi's voice, since I haven't seen either console (DC or PS2) version to know why they're considered awesome (I mean other than the voices, I've heard that they're much nicer also).

I'm guessing "added functionality" will be restricted to something like autoplay, easier to use menus, or a read-sensitive skip function. It'd be wise not to get your hopes up =P

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the PS2 version (or any version, for that matter) has Yuuichi's voice.

Korgath
2005-01-05, 15:01
Well, uh, I received it 2 days ago (which was remarkably fast considering the holidays) and I fired it up to see if it worked as it should and all. Since I don't know anything about the original PS2 version it's really hard to say anything useful about what has been changed. Anyway, it has voices (except for Yuuichi) and all the other features that I was already familiar with in the PS2 version of Air. I don't know if anything has been added to the omake section, but I personally doubt that.

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them, but take note that I haven't really played through it yet and won't for a while since I have some other stuff to complete first.

Haeleth
2005-01-05, 15:17
If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them...
Do you have the ability to rip files from it, and if so, any chance I could have a copy of SCRIPT.PAK? :p

Slipgate
2005-01-05, 15:31
Do you have the ability to rip files from it, and if so, any chance I could have a copy of SCRIPT.PAK? :p

Scandalous! j/k

Slipgate

Korgath
2005-01-05, 23:40
If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them...

I just copy-pasted SCRIPT.PAK from the DVD. It's 2.63 MB so... how would you like me to send it?

Haeleth
2005-01-06, 03:31
Armed with a copy of the script, I can reveal that the differences from the original (at least as far as the script's concerned) are... *drumroll* minor corrections. A fairly large number, mind you, and with a couple of useful new readings in there that will call for revisions to the translation.

Interestingly enough, a number of the corrections are still missing from Kanon ~standard edition~. Could it be that Key really don't have access to Interchannel's scripts?

Sadly (?), the rumours that Kitagawa would become a winnable character in an all-new yaoi scenario appear not to have been true.

Nandemonai
2005-01-06, 17:38
Sadly (?), the rumours that Kitagawa would become a winnable character in an all-new yaoi scenario appear not to have been true.

Hah. I bet they'd put in a harem ending before they did that.

AzureLight
2005-01-07, 17:06
Yea, since when did Kanon appealed to the girls?

But you mean you're still trying to find the purpose of Kitagawa in the story?

Valkyrie
2005-01-09, 08:40
ah...so this is a all guys forum then, i presume? :P

adun50
2005-01-09, 20:55
ah...so this is a all guys forum then, i presume? :P

pretty much, unless they are lurking in the shadows somewhere

AzureLight
2005-01-12, 06:04
ah...so this is a all guys forum then, i presume? :PI know a girl who goes here...

Haeleth
2005-01-12, 08:15
I know a girl who goes here...

あずちゃんの乙女心以外に? :p

Nephillim
2005-01-12, 08:46

Does that count? I always thought it was something in-between :D

Donut
2005-01-12, 09:15

Hai onna desu ^.^ .. hehe, I think i know what you said... Only think .. :P

Anyway it looks pretty much that this is a Boy Stay :P

random guest
2005-01-12, 16:24
The dreamcast version does not have the guy's voice in it. I played it sometime back.

The ps2 version does.

Stranger
2005-01-13, 01:45
humm.... I think Misu once used atasi to refere to once's self. Not realy sure... but can a male use "atasi"??!!!, if not, then it was a typing mistake or we do have a famale on the fourm :-)

P.S. most likely a typing mistake though... so people be normal, you won't offend any of those illogical 3D version of those creatures while you are on this forum.

ah, by the way, what about AIR PS2 version, does it too have the male charector voice?!

AstCd2
2005-01-13, 02:47
humm.... I think Misu once used atasi to refere to once's self. Not realy sure... but can a male use "atasi"??!!!, if not, then it was a typing mistake or we do have a famale on the fourm :-)

Males shouldn't use あたし, unless they're trying to sound feminine.

ah, by the way, what about AIR PS2 version, does it too have the male charector voice?!

Yes, PS2 Air has Yukito's voice.
I'm still not convinced that any version of Kanon has Yuuichi's voice, though. Can anyone dig up some evidence confirming or denying this?

AzureLight
2005-01-13, 05:41
I know a girl who goes here...

Mwahahaha... アイツは来なかったから大丈夫...

The girl I meant was Tabi-chan (http://forums.haeleth.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66), though...

Korgath
2005-01-14, 02:04
The dreamcast version does not have the guy's voice in it. I played it sometime back.

The ps2 version does.

Uh, are you sure about that? I know the PS2 version of Air has the male protagonist's voice (although you have to manually activate it...) but in the version of Kanon I have there's no such option as far as I know.

Valkyrie
2005-01-14, 05:03
so not even the PS2 version of Kanon has Yuuchi's voice? :S