PDA

View Full Version : Some random Key History?

Misu
2004-12-16, 21:56
So, I have a couple questions, the first and foremost one is I want to get a friend a copy of ONE DVD, so I was wondering if anyone had already bought it and could tell me if their is anything objectionable on the case itself? (dont want to offend his parents ^^;;)

Second, I was looking at things that TACTICS made... I was wondering if anyone from the KEY staff worked on The Sin? (And heck, for that matter, has anyone played The Sin and whats their thoughts on it?)

Finally, whatever happened to TACTICS? Did they go out of business or something?

Korgath
2004-12-17, 01:10
Judging from this (http://shop.himeya.com/products/adult_win_jp_tz/one/one.html), apparently not. I don't have it myself, but I plan on buying it pretty soon.

Unfortunately, I can't answer the other questions. I'm sure someone else around here can, though.

AstCd2
2004-12-17, 01:42
So, I have a couple questions, the first and foremost one is I want to get a friend a copy of ONE DVD, so I was wondering if anyone had already bought it and could tell me if their is anything objectionable on the case itself? (dont want to offend his parents ^^;;)

Nope, it's pretty innocent-lookingだよもん.

Second, I was looking at things that TACTICS made... I was wondering if anyone from the KEY staff worked on The Sin? (And heck, for that matter, has anyone played The Sin and whats their thoughts on it?)

As far as I know, Key's Tactics games were "One" and "Moon.". It's said that a couple of the Key staff worked on older games like "Dousei" and even "Suzu ga utau hi", but I don't know how true that is. I know next to nothing about "The Sin", but it doesn't appear to have been done by any of the Key staff from what I can pull up on it.

Finally, whatever happened to TACTICS? Did they go out of business or something?

They're still around. There was just a bit of drama that resulted in the core team (ie. Maeda, Itaru and Orito) leaving and getting headhunted by the president of Visual Arts. The rest is history.
http://www.tactics.ne.jp/index2.html

Most of Key's old games are under their NEXTON division now.
http://www.tactics.ne.jp/~nexton/product.htm

2004-12-18, 10:54
Well, if companies like Elf, Tactics, Leaf, and F&C are any indication, employee turnover seems to be fairly common in the bishoujo game business. Creators tend to move around more, and splinter groups pop up every so often.

Korgath
2004-12-24, 09:36
A small bump for a semi-off-topic question...

I was planning on buying the PC version, but apparently there's a playstation version available. However, when I check out some import stores (Lik-Sang, NCSX, Play-Asia etc.) they don't seem to have it. I'd personally prefer to play the PS version of this game, so I'd really appreciate it if someone knows of a place which has this game, and naturally ships internationally.

zalas
2004-12-24, 14:35
Your best bet is probably to get a service to let you bid on Yahoo Japan. These include Celga, Rinkya, Shoppingmalljapan, etc.

Korgath
2004-12-25, 03:07
Thanks! Didn't know services like that existed.

アイ・ラブ・ユウ!