PDA

View Full Version : Kanon Voice Directorys

Arbaal
2004-08-20, 10:24
Hello,
I'm working on an voice patch for my linux system. The xkanon voice patch is not working on my machine, so i must help myself ;)
I need to know only 1 thing:
How does the "kanon/dat/" folder look alike after the voice patch? Does the voice1.asf extract themselfes to a "kanon/dat/voice1/" folder? Or maybe "kanon/dat/0/" ???

Stranger
2004-08-21, 03:22
The dream cast version extra itself to
<tt>kanon/dat/0</tt>
<tt>kanon/dat/9</tt>
<tt>kanon/dat/a</tt>
<tt>kanon/dat/b</tt>

12 directories in total

don't know about the PS2 version though.

Arbaal
2004-08-23, 02:33
Ah, thank you very much. The files are now encoded, but sadly they are named wrong ... >_<
Now their named from 001 to XXXX ... only in Numbers.
I better try to find the problem in the xKanon Voice ripper .... Why is it only producing a "Segmentation Fault" ^_^"

Nah, thx anyway.

Stranger
2004-08-23, 02:46
that might not be a problem. The directory stracture is as posted before, and the name of the files <u>is</u> in numbers (hex to be exict).

so under each directory you will get files from <tt>0000</tt> upto <tt>ffff</tt> (note it doesn't reach <tt>ffff</tt> it is just an example, directory <tt>5</tt> reach upto <tt>028a</tt>).

good luck on whatever option you decide to take

Haeleth
2004-08-23, 04:25
I better try to find the problem in the xKanon Voice ripper .... Why is it only producing a "Segmentation Fault" ^_^
Memory management error of some sort. I haven't used the program myself, but glancing at the code I can't help noticing a rather suspicious bit in xkanon-voice.cpp...
char* dst = new char&#91;l+3&#93;;
free&#40;dst&#41;;
Might changing that last line to "<tt>delete [] dst;</tt>" help?

Arkazam
2004-08-23, 08:40
xkanon-voice is case sensitive and segfaults if fed with lower case filenames.

I'll add those bugs in my TODO list ...

2004-08-24, 08:21
Ohhh .... case sensitive ..... i should remember that ^_^"

I renamed the voice files, and now the ripper is doing fine. Thanks for the information!