PDA

View Full Version : Dark Law : Meaning of Death

Talbain
2004-07-13, 14:36
Hi, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me the translation of Dark Law : The Meaning of Death, as I have some friends who are interested in hacking the game if you're interested in help.

Anyways, my email is warkz@yahoo.com if you want to drop me a line. You don't have to send any of the work you've done so far if you don't want to, but it'd be greatly appreciated and likely help them along with it. If you want to talk to them rather than me, I can forward you to them. Anyways, drop me a line if you're interested. =)

Arfgard 
2004-07-14, 14:02
Which reminds me. Is it just me or Dark Lord for the NES play almost exactly like Dark Law?

Are they related or something? I think Haeleth should see by himself and tell me.

Arfgard
2004-07-14, 14:08
Might as well join and be a contributing member of these forums since I'm a fan of two of your projects except for Neugier but that is okay, not to mention this place holds very interesting discussion regarding Key games and the like. Beforehand, I would like to apologize for all the turmoils I caused. I have been browsing and posting here since that Guest alas myself asked about the Neugier issue. Sure, it was solved thanks to the header but I should have mentioned it, I know it probably seemed like a stunt of sorts.

Haeleth
2004-07-14, 14:55
To Talbain, before the thread is totally hijacked: I'll email you.

To Arfgard: no problem, most ROM problems are header-related...

Dark Lord is indeed related to Dark Law - at least, they're made by the same people. I don't think the stories are connected directly. The impression I got from the two minutes of Dark Lord I played was that the games are connected in pretty much the same way as Final Fantasy 1 and 6 are.

See also AGTP's project page (http://agtp.romhack.net/darklord.html), if you didn't know about it already...

2004-07-14, 15:17
I knew that is why I asked. Thanks a lot. I will ask you more later. ^-^

Talbain
2004-07-17, 14:35
Alright Haeleth, I'm looking forward to it. =)

Talbain
2004-07-21, 10:08
Just curious Haeleth, but I still haven't received an email about the project, so is something up, or are you taking your time? ^^;

Haeleth
2004-07-21, 12:34
Did you miss the thread about my hard disk dying? :)
The email is on its way.

Talbain
2004-07-26, 02:12
Thanks for the reply, got the email, esserius did as well. =) He said thanks. ^^

2004-09-09, 19:25
Dark Lord is indeed related to Dark Law - at least, they're made by the same people. I don't think the stories are connected directly. The impression I got from the two minutes of Dark Lord I played was that the games are connected in pretty much the same way as Final Fantasy 1 and 6 are.

they are indeed related. the team that made dark lord, dark law and wizap are mostly the same (core member wise) and one of the main members has been mailing me recently (through work; no personal connections). i personally have only played a little of wizap and dark law so can't comment, but he worked on the design/planning and graphs so he should know

sorry for ressurecting a dead (?) post

2004-09-17, 19:58
It's dead in part because my friend still hasn't been able to make accurately useable menus. The compression is just insane... (or that's what he tells me.)

Talbain
2004-11-20, 17:04
Ok, well, esserius said that it's basically impossible to do anything with this game's characters... I've also asked two hackers that are friends of mine to take a look at it, and they said that unless you wanted to spend two years breaking down the ASM, that it's basically useless to try... so... I would like to do something with it, but I haven't found any alternative... I'm sorry. =(

Haeleth
2004-11-20, 17:07
I did warn you it was evil... ^^

Talbain
2004-11-20, 21:00
Sorry about not getting this information to you earlier. I've had laptop problems as of late. (Mostly that Windows 98 does not like mine.) I've been busy working on Magna Carta as well, so I kinda forgot about this... heh ^^; Sorry about that. But yeah, the compression's positively evil. Even at best you might be able to extend in some 16x16 fonts and insert two characters.. which basically means at most you get 4 characters per menu (though you would actually have to create an entire dual alphabet just to do that, and it wouldn't be completely compatible)... which is.. basically none.

Bongo`
2004-11-23, 19:33
Hmm, I think I have an out dated compression source for this game. It needs to be updated. I COULD do it, but I don't know if there was more routines needed to be done. I recall there may have been. Whomever is doing the project may be interested in the sources.