PDA

View Full Version : About the translation

Angel
2004-07-01, 17:10
Hello,

Is there anyway one could get the translation in a text version / script (like a faq)?

Not that I don't want to install the patch but I don't have the internet on my japanese PC. And I actually "can" read japanese (I'm half japanese) only I lack so much vocabulary I miss most of the important parts of the game. I believe that you're project in translating the game is wonderful, and I hope you make it to the end. A faq version would allow the non PC english speakers to play the game as well.

Hope I'm not asking too much!

Anyway good luck. ;)

Aldareon
2004-07-01, 20:01
Somebody already asked this question before. It's the last topic on page 2 of the topics page -
http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php?t=41

Haeleth
2004-07-02, 02:09
I don't have any plans to release a textfile version at the moment, because I'm not convinced it would be worth the time it would take. It would end up with instructions like "go to page 17 if you select option 1 here, unless you selected option 3 on page 12 OR option 2 on page 11, in which case read the first ten lines of page 16 and then jump to page 32". Basically it would be hard to make and harder to use.

Are you sure it wouldn't be simpler just to burn the patch to a CD and get it on your PC that way? Or on floppies, it would only take four or five. ^^;

K
2004-07-02, 19:19
I don't have any plans to release a textfile version at the moment, because I'm not convinced it would be worth the time it would take. It would end up with instructions like "go to page 17 if you select option 1 here, unless you selected option 3 on page 12 OR option 2 on page 11, in which case read the first ten lines of page 16 and then jump to page 32".

Kinda like a Kanon "Choose Your Own Adventure" book, huh?

Although that's what the game already sorta is, plus cool pics...

Tabi
2004-07-23, 07:50
But without quite so many random "YOU DIED FOR LITTLE PARTICULAR REASON" routes ^o^

Though I dunno, I remember when I played it through the first time and got Mai's route, I found myself at the title screen with a "eh...?" look on my face, though of course that was before I found the translation so I had no idea what was going on ^^

Talbain
2004-07-26, 02:08
The script's a big jumbled mess, right now, esserius is just looking over it, but he says work is becoming a problem and that he's not having as much time as he'd like to work on it. (The fiscal year for computer companies started recently, thus, he's become busier) He's busy programming a new database for their SQL servers so that money management and exchange between international servers will be smoother, and do less jumping. (I.e., it will use a "smart system" to find the shortest route to its destination server) This was all stuff he complained about last year, but if he says, "I told you so," he'll just catch hell from his boss. Anyways... enough extrapolation, this is just so you guys know how the project's going... (Or not going... as all my projects seem cursed to be =*()

Haeleth
2004-07-26, 03:58
Before anyone gets confused, Talbain is talking about Dark Law. ;)

Talbain
2004-07-26, 12:30
Though I mentioned that. ^^;