PDA

View Full Version : Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien Translation (DVD Spec)

unfunf
2004-06-19, 23:01
Hello. I am a programmer and I have been attempting to either:

A. Get the function used from rUGP.exe to send text to a game. (rUGP.exe is the engine used to run Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien DVD Specification and use a simple babel fish translator.

B. (This is my main goal) Decode the .rio file used in the DVD Spec version and then get someone to translate the dialog files. This way would be a lot better; however, I am unable to even access the .rio files let alone figure out how to decode them.

If anyone is willing to help me with this, I would greately appreciate it. Since you seem to specialize in translations.

Weave
2004-06-20, 13:39
it's already being ported by G-Collections. Sorry dude, someone beat ya to it. But hey, less work for you!

unfunf
2004-06-20, 16:06
Fine with me I just want the english translation :P. Is there anyway to find out a release date for it? :o

adun50
2004-06-20, 17:42
it's already being ported by G-Collections.

really?? i thought the G-Collections was still considering to do it or not. as for a release date, probably won't be for a while.

get someone to translate the dialog files.

the only problem with this is that the script for KGNE is VERY long. i'm not too sure if anyone is willing to do a fan translation of this.

brickman
2004-06-21, 02:07
Longer than Kanon?

Weave
2004-06-21, 02:47
that's scarey i know

adun50
2004-06-21, 07:59
Longer than Kanon?

ok, well with Kanon, it was more straight to the point. with KGNE i played for half an hour but stopped coz it was sorta dragging on (plus i'm not bothered to play a very long game when it comes to visual novel style). well with G-collections who may release it, i'm pretty interested in how well they'll do it. but what the hey, it'll be in ENGLISH!!

Stranger
2004-06-21, 09:45
it'll be in ENGLISH!!and all the CG will be without the annoying squares, to me, you eather show everything... or show nothing... don't cover anything.. I hate it when they do that

any way, to me the longer the story the better, by the way, there seem to be an extra CD for the game now. The saleing point of this CD is, what would the story be like if the accedent never toke place.

Weave
2004-06-21, 10:09
i find it funny that they censor the games when there's pr0n practically everywhere here. When I went to Anime Expo our hotel was in the middle next to a shopping arcade that had pictures of naked women plastered all over'em.

After driving for 24 hours straight and burned out on caffine, I was still shocked.

AzureLight
2004-06-21, 12:25
Longer than Kanon?

I felt that too, it's pretty much longer, and it had too many side-stories.

adun50
2004-06-21, 16:25
I felt that too, it's pretty much longer, and it had too many side-stories.

well that's the one good thing about KGNE, i watched the anime before getting a copy of the game, although it was one ending i still would like to know what could've happened if Haruka was chosen

AzureLight
2004-06-21, 16:34
She'll get an accident again XD

Please, I'm just joking.

JudicatorOmega
2004-06-22, 12:57
I have been wanting to play this game for atleast 4 months already, but after I started to see it mentioned on this message board, I've gotten more interested.

What do you guys mean when you say the game is getting ported by G-Collections? I have never heard of that company before. Do they translate many Japanese games? Do the games get published by anybody or do I have to buy them over the internet? It sure would be cool if one day this sort of game could be bought at a gaming store.

adun50
2004-06-22, 17:13
What do you guys mean when you say the game is getting ported by G-Collections? I have never heard of that company before. Do they translate many Japanese games? Do the games get published by anybody or do I have to buy them over the internet? It sure would be cool if one day this sort of game could be bought at a gaming store.

try here http://www.g-collections.com what we mean by ported is where G-collections will import the game and do a translation of it for the english market. they have done a fair number of Japanese games but majority (or nearly all of them) are H-games

K
2004-06-22, 18:04
Where does it say they're doing that? Maybe I'm just missing it >_<

adun50
2004-06-22, 20:47
oh sorry, i meant that there's a discussion of whether KGNE is going to be translated. the discussion is at G-collections BBS. although alot of people have emailed G-collections about translating the game, its still entirely upto them to do so. the way i see it is that there won't be enough demand (in the legit sense) for them to release it.