PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise that you have

adun50
2004-06-19, 06:56
just wondering as i was searching the net, what kind of Key related merchandise do you own?? plus i also want an idea of what is available.

as far as what i have is the Kanon Visual Fan Book and two Kanon trading figurines. hopefully soon i'll buy the anime/game OSTs of Kanon and Air.

AzureLight
2004-06-19, 11:18
Got these OSTs:

Kanon - Last regrets/Place of wind which arrives
Kanon - recollections
Air - Ornithopter

What do you expect from an I've Sound freak?

Weave
2004-06-19, 13:36
Well, I'm tired but here's the list.
All the Key CD's but the Kanon arranged.
about 10 Key manga
four artbooks.
plushies
a Clannad poster (that has a spot in it)
a Nagisa blanket
a super limited edtion Clannad artbook.
a whole bunch of plastic figures
A Kanon musicbox that plays "last regrets"
the entire Air card collection and some big CG ones
and a Kanon three ring binder.

not to mention tons of doushin music.

that's about it.

2004-06-19, 14:19
I have:

2 AIR doujinshi
4 Figures (Misuzu, Minagi, Ayu, and Nayuki)
Kanon OST
AIR OST
And these... ^^;; (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/aircp.jpg)

Keisuke
2004-06-19, 14:20
I have:

2 AIR doujinshi
4 Figures (Misuzu, Minagi, Ayu, and Nayuki)
Kanon OST
AIR OST
And these... ^^;; (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/aircp.jpg)
Crap. I forgot to log in.

adun50
2004-06-19, 15:50
wow, all of those are pretty impressive, oh and i forgot to ask, where did you buys these from??

Weave
2004-06-19, 22:35
Most of my collection comes from Animate, Gamers, and G-Books.

JudicatorOmega
2004-06-22, 12:46
Oh man, you guys have made me jealous already...

A Kanon musicbox that plays "last regrets"
COOLIES!!! That must be an awesome item! I want an Air music box that plays "Tori No Uta" (Track 21? The Air intro song? I don't have the name of it).

Have any of you guys seen cool anime/manga merchandise that you wanted to buy but didn't have the money for it at the time? I don't have a job and usualy only have $15 on me, so I never get what I wanted.

I know this is about Key merchandise, but still, I wanted one of those Love Hina 12" decoration thingies - Naru in a towel! I saw one on the top shelf of the manga section in a Waldenbooks the other day. And then I wanted one of those Vash the Stampede plushie thingys, but when I saw it in real life, it looked horrible. Its too bad they don't have a Kanon manga series... then it could get some kind of publicity in US bookstores with manga sections.

Weave
2004-06-22, 22:10
oh there's plenty of Kanon and Air manga, it's just in Japanese. Unless they translate the game I don't seem them porting the manga overseas.

2004-06-23, 08:05
I dunno, with someone licensing Sentimental Shooting and ADV with Sister Princess, there might a possibility.

Then again, my magic 8 ball is leaning towards no.

-vikitehwaffu

Weave
2004-06-23, 13:52
someone should make a Sentimental Shooting OAV. That would be awesome!

AzureLight
2004-06-23, 15:23
Unless they translate the game I don't seem them porting the manga overseas.

I wonder why something so awesome like Doraemon hasn't been ported... it's already 30 years...

Weave
2004-06-23, 22:42
good question.

but then, I think it has a niche market and it's already full of pokemon, yu gi oh, and half a dozen other "things". I could see it happen though. There's plenty of material to work with.

Korokoro
2004-06-27, 13:17
oh there's plenty of Kanon and Air manga, it's just in Japanese. Unless they translate the game I don't seem them porting the manga overseas.

Does the manga have the same story as the game or the anime? Or is it just fan manga about something complety irrelevent? Or is it like the sequel to the game or anime?

zalas
2004-06-27, 16:18
There is a two volume set that seems to be about the actual plot of the story, along with a ton of official anthology manga. The anthology manga comes in two flavors. One is 4 koma and the other is regular short stories.

Weave
2004-06-28, 13:44
well, the manga is pretty random. Some sets are "what ifs", some are plan out comedy/parody, and then the serious story arcs. They also have pretty nice color illustrations in the beginning.

Korokoro
2004-06-28, 16:01
So there really isn't a official one by Key or by those who produced the Kanon anime?

JudicatorOmega
2004-06-28, 22:15
I was wondering the same thing... It would be nice if there was an official manga series so it can be translated by that TokyoPop company. They have been getting really poplar ever since I started to b their books! I almost feel like the world revolves around me ^_^ (well, because Adult Swim lost ratings when I stopped watching). I really like those Love Hina manga books they sell.

Another thing I was wondering, does all manga come in books with multiple episodes, like the books we have here? Do the Japanese ever make their manga in American comic book style?

Weave
2004-06-28, 22:19
all the manga I've seen are in thick book form. What do you mean by American style? Really short, and expensive?

Korokoro
2004-06-28, 22:55
Thick book? You mean those kind where many short chapters of manga is all together that comes out like every month?

JudicatorOmega
2004-06-28, 23:42
Well, I don't know about expensive, but I'm talking about american comic books... Spider Man, The Hulk, X-Men... You know, Marvel's comic books. My brother has a box full of them.

I was never into Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter II, & comic books though...

AzureLight
2004-06-29, 00:12
Thick book? You mean those kind where many short chapters of manga is all together that comes out like every month?

単行本 (tankoubon).

Aldareon
2004-06-29, 01:21
Hmm .. thick book .. sounds like the VIZ graphic novels to me. Actually, I've seen both the graphic novel kinds and the DC comic style mangas in one of the comic stores here. The thick books are more common in my opinion.

adun50
2004-07-07, 07:05
guess what i found, although some of you might already know about it. planning on buying it when i get my tax return done.

click here (http://www.animaxis.com/en/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=127923&sku=127923%2D00)

Weave
2004-07-10, 22:35
it's not that expensive. Actually, it's about right for a Key manga (6/8 dollars). I'm waiting for the Magical Cute Comic Anthology for Clannad. Air's was freakin awesome!

Eden
2004-10-01, 08:59
All I have is a small (2.5 inch maybe) Motoko figure, that snaps together. I got it from Amecon, which was an anime convention than ran in the UK in August.

Unfortunely, they didn't have Shiori or anyone else, apart from Motoko. U_U