PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's thoughts on crescendo?

brickman
2004-06-17, 14:34
I just played thru the game (got Kaho's ending) and thought it was great. It was very sentimental which made me like it even more! So whats everyone's thoughts on this game?

AnimeOtakuSama
2004-06-17, 18:54
I just played thru the game (got Kaho's ending) and thought it was great. It was very sentimental which made me like it even more! So whats everyone's thoughts on this game?

Lovely game, I dont think i ever played such a great bishoujo game in my life.. although i think g-collections cut some corners...not to mention there was some missing events if compared with the Crescendo import DVD...

But IMO i would give a 20 out of a 10 for story and content.

AzureLight
2004-06-18, 02:00
Hmmm... Searched high and wide for it, still can't find it. It's been 3 months since my last H-game... damn. I need some lovin'.

Aldareon
2004-06-18, 04:03
I'd suggest snow drop .. graphics are much like Kanon, and the storyline ain't bad as well, just that it's not as long. If you want something that's got a good storyline, the reviews I've read suggest Kana imouto. Played the game - have to admit the story's good but the lack of voices and the older graphics are a bit of a negative.

AzureLight
2004-06-18, 10:15
Snow Drop is... love.

I have a sneaky feeling that in the Japanese version he actually laid her lil sister but that scene was cut due to moral issues.

AnimeOtakuSama
2004-06-18, 11:46
Snow Drop is... love.

I have a sneaky feeling that in the Japanese version he actually laid her lil sister but that scene was cut due to moral issues.

And what would Kana ~ Imouto be? XD

adun50
2004-06-18, 13:06
I'd suggest snow drop .. graphics are much like Kanon, and the storyline ain't bad as well, just that it's not as long. If you want something that's got a good storyline, the reviews I've read suggest Kana imouto. Played the game - have to admit the story's good but the lack of voices and the older graphics are a bit of a negative.

the only hard thing about Snow Drop was getting to the true days, it took me a VERY long time to finally get to the true days. some day i'll get around to playing Kana ~Imouto~, lol

AzureLight
2004-06-18, 15:16
Kana -imouto- was released for DC... so it's story must be awesome. I don't have it but I know the story is very sad...

K
2004-06-18, 16:09
Snow Drop doesn't have enough "good" endings. That, and I don't see why he couldn't actually screw his sister. True, that's incest, but it's a non-issue in so many other games... >_>

Aldareon
2004-06-18, 18:01
And what would Kana ~ Imouto be? XD

Something with a *convenient* plot twist at the end ^_^ Just my opinion, but I'd say crescendo's character designs are similar to kana's.

Weave
2004-06-18, 20:40
Hey, sorry about the avatar thing. Wasn't my fault I swear!

On topic, I agree with K. I played that game for a long time, even tried using the scientific method, but I had to use a FAQ to finially get the good endings to SnowDrop.

I like a good DS where you actually have to worry about getting killed. Critical Point was the extreme as every OTHER choice led to your demise. But when you have to factor in murder, you're really cautious about what you say and do to people.

brickman
2004-06-18, 21:40
Hmmm. I think i'll give snow drop a try :)

Haeleth
2004-06-19, 02:25
I like a good DS where you actually have to worry about getting killed.

Try Fate/stay night, if you haven't already. More horrible ways to die than you've had hot dinners, and an incredibly good story too. (Japanese only, so slightly OT for this thread I guess..)

AzureLight
2004-06-19, 03:27
Just my opinion, but I'd say crescendo's character designs are similar to kana's.

@_@ That's because both were made by D.O. (Digital Object)!

Aldareon
2004-06-19, 03:32
I like a good DS where you actually have to worry about getting killed

What's a DS?

2004-06-19, 05:56
Dating sim?

K
2004-06-19, 10:13
Critical Point was the extreme as every OTHER choice led to your demise. But when you have to factor in murder, you're really cautious about what you say and do to people.

Really? It only took me two tries to get a good ending off that game >_>

Weave
2004-06-19, 13:38

Oh, it's not hard to get a good ending, but instead of "peace" endings you have "your body has been chopped to pieces" endings when you mess up.

K
2004-06-25, 11:51

Oh, it's not hard to get a good ending, but instead of "peace" endings you have "your body has been chopped to pieces" endings when you mess up.

True... but it's fitting at least ^_^;