PDA

View Full Version : Jumping ahead...whats next?

Weave
2004-06-17, 00:12
Ok, with Clannad, Key has completely covered all four seasons.
Fall - One
Winter - Kanon
Spring - Clannad
Summer - Air

So, I ask you, what do you think the next game should be?

Crossovers would be fun, but it's hard to make it logical.

AzureLight
2004-06-17, 02:16

If Key has got the wits to do a Kanon Extreme Pain version, why not a Key fandisc?

Weave
2004-06-17, 03:43
If Key has got the wits to do a Kanon Extreme Pain version, why not a Key fandisc?

O_o

do I want to know?

Haeleth
2004-06-17, 04:33
Ok, with Clannad, Key has completely covered all four seasons.
That's true in a more literal sense than you intended. Clannad only starts in spring; the cherry blossoms vanish within a few hours of gameplay, and the story technically makes it right round the whole year, although that does involve a lot of stuff like "The autumn passes uneventfully, and before I know it it's Christmas".

Oh, and ONE can't really be described as "fall", given that the synopsis on the box begins with 「1998年、冬」 in big letters... ;)

So I guess it's unwise to take the categorisation too far.

There's a lot of crossover stuff in doujinshi, though I guess I can't off-hand think of any that doesn't totally ignore the whole "logic" and "continuity" thing in favour of cheap gags (http://kanonwarriers.hp.infoseek.co.jp/the_air_ex.jpg).

Weave
2004-06-17, 06:12
dude, I just had the most amazing idea why eating raisin brain.
ok, listen to thing:

-post edited because it was just too crazy to ever work-

Haeleth
2004-06-17, 06:45
-post edited because it was just too crazy to ever work-
うぐぅ、 余計気になるもん~

Weave
2004-06-17, 07:34
うぐぅ、 余計気になるもん~

Fine
An online DS game.
But, than I thought "they already did that, it's called Everquest" only they have monsters in it too. Sure, it doesn't take place in a Japanese High School, or whathaveyou, but the interpersonals are there.

Stranger
2004-06-17, 07:49
this topic is 2 years to early.. I think.

any way, a SF version of Key games by Key would be good. The whole thing take place in the future ( war torn or peaceful, space or earth). And let it be that there is 1 earth girl, and the rest are aliens (hopefuly non of them would be from the plante where *Alien* came from).

Or make the game underwater (Japanese version of Atlantis), where there are no seasons :-)

Crossovers would be fun, but it's hard to make it logical.hey, I wouldn't mind that, seeing the Old Charecters after they have grone a bit won't be a bad idea (incase of Kanon, Yuuichi would be with Nayuki). Heck I won't mind a game that will visit Kanon or Air locations and just meet the old charectors.

P.S. *Alien*, refering to the Film *Alien*

Stranger
2004-06-17, 08:06
Have Key ever considered releaseing new SEEN files for thier games??!!!

This is nothing like adding Modules to Neverwinter Nights since it will give you a whole new game. But it might be a good idea... (I think)... just sale it as a Specail SEEN (the same way Specail for an anime, use the same Charectors, the same relationships, but an out-of-line story).

P.S. yes... the above is my blah blah blah blah.... and more blah blah

Weave
2004-06-17, 08:09
And let it be that there is 1 earth girl, and the rest are aliens )

That's a can of worms that would be best left untouched. ahem

K
2004-06-17, 10:22
A crossover full-blown (no pun intended...?) H-game.

(Just kidding... but I think some of us would like that >_>)

2004-06-17, 21:05
うぐぅ、 余計気になるもん~

This doesn't really have to do with your ideas for a new game...

But tell me if I translated this right. Does it mean "Something that is going to bother you" or something like that? I'm very poor in Japanese...

Haeleth
2004-06-18, 00:48
But tell me if I translated this right. Does it mean "Something that is going to bother you" or something like that?
Close. In context, it meant "that just makes me want to know even more", but you're pretty close to the literal sense, which is "I'm really bothered [by you refusing to say what your idea was]".

Your mistake is taking the もん as a contraction of the noun 物, when it's actually just the final particle もの being used to emphasise the previous sentence (and to sound more like Ayu).

An online DS game. But, than I thought "they already did that, it's called Everquest" only they have monsters in it too.
The Sims Online might be a closer fit - no monsters, more emphasis on relationships. I guess the big difference between Key's games and every online game so far is that nobody's worked out how to make an online game with a decent story, but I can certainly imagine Key might come up with a pretty good character generation system... ;)

Have Key ever considered releaseing new SEEN files for thier games?
I don't know why they haven't... especially considering how many companies do things like releasing special editions with new scenarios, or add scenarios to the console versions, or whatever. I'm sure Kanon deserves an Akiko scenario, and AIR is just begging for a Potato ending.

Keisuke
2004-06-18, 01:08
I'm sure Kanon deserves an Akiko scenario, and AIR is just begging for a Potato ending.

Mishio and Kaori scenario would be nice too...

Oh and you REALLY like Potato, don't you? =P

adun50
2004-06-18, 03:48
I'm sure Kanon deserves an Akiko scenario, and AIR is just begging for a Potato ending.

what with Yuuichi being added to the jam collection and Yukito being taken to some alien planet??

Aldareon
2004-06-18, 18:09
I was just reading through the previous topic of "crescendo", and the issue of snow drop got me thinking of a key/will/sweet basil crossover. There's a lot of similarity between the two games - there's the akiko/nayuki combo which fits well with the kasumi/shizuka combo.

Akiko and Kasumi are both sweet, mature and dependable ladies. As for Nayuki and Shizuka, well, they look alike! See for yourself -

http://www.streamload.com/aldareon/sdropfull.jpg

Heck, even the names are similar: Nayuki = yuki onna, and they both have shy personalities.

Also, Ayu would be great as honami. They got that cute little kid act going on. As for the two sisters ... umm ... ahhh ... misuzu and potato???? But that wouldn't be kanon anymore ~_~ Guess that would fall under the cheap gags category .. but still!

AzureLight
2004-06-19, 03:24
Akiko and Kasumi are both sweet, mature and dependable ladies.
But Kasumi just became a widower, for Akiko, who knows how many decades.

As for Nayuki and Shizuka, ... even the names are similar: Nayuki = yuki onna, and they both have shy personalities. Nayuki isn't as horny.

Also, Ayu would be great as honami. They got that cute little kid act going on. Much more differences than likenesses... Ayu's a tomboy... Honami is uber-sweet.

As for the two sisters ... umm ... ahhh ... misuzu and potato???? But that wouldn't be kanon anymore Shiori and Kaori??? Well... the likeness comes only to that really. Oh, Shiori and Kyoka are both realists, Kaori and Keika are both sadists... who knows? =)

Aldareon
2004-06-19, 03:29
Ayu's a tomboy

Watch where you step .. lots of Ayu fanboys nearby ;)

AzureLight
2004-06-19, 03:36
...and I'm her big bro.

I'm Azu Tsukimiya. nyu~~

K
2004-06-19, 10:17
Akiko and Kasumi are both sweet, mature and dependable ladies.
But Kasumi just became a widower, for Akiko, who knows how many decades.

Can't have been more than Nayuki's age, so I wouldn't say decades... >_>

AzureLight
2004-06-19, 11:20

I was joking.

Weave
2004-06-19, 13:32
But are you still considered a widow if you murder your husband and turn him into jam?

AzureLight
2004-06-19, 15:27
Yes, since you don't sleep with him anymore.

Aldareon
2004-06-19, 17:10

Don't underestimate the youth extraction power of the jam. If the husband was somehow assimilated, then decades wouldn't be a bad guess ^_^

I always thought that Akiko looked too young to be Nayuki's mother (forget the fact that Key admits it as well .. there was a post somewhere in this forum about that I think)

Weave
2004-06-19, 22:33
Yes, since you don't sleep with him anymore.

hey, it could happen.

JudicatorOmega
2004-06-24, 07:20
Oh... So Akiko's husband was turned into jam that can make people (look) younger, and Akiko may be sleeping with the mystery jam held tightly in her hands.

She must have a limited supply of Jam right? Now I must wonder if she was trying to use it for mind control: Why else would she try to get Yuuichi to eat some?

AzureLight
2004-06-24, 09:27
(rough answer, see if you get the hint) She wants to have her own Kanon storyline?

K
2004-06-24, 10:53
But she didn't, so I guess it wasn't effective enough.

2004-06-24, 16:10
Oh... So Akiko's husband was turned into jam that can make people (look) younger, and Akiko may be sleeping with the mystery jam held tightly in her hands.

That wasn't what I had in mind. I was thinking more like whoever eats the jam loses their health properties to Akiko. What happened to the husband was that he "aged" faster, and thus Akiko quickly outlived him ^_^

According to a hypothesis from a previous topic, this also explains why Nayuki (being the athletic person that she is) is always sleepy despite going to bed early and why Akiko never seems to sleep.

The jam must have some sort of spell on it that allows it to do the things it does. Hey, it could happen! I mean, if foxes can turn into people and monsters can exist from your mind then why not a health-sucking jam? Then again, that could all be a side effect of using the jam ..

Aldareon
2004-06-24, 16:11
heh heh forgot to log in ^_^

Tabi
2004-06-24, 16:40
Maybe the entire game is just ONE HUGE JAM-INDUCED TRIP @_____@... then they decided to take the "Well, actually what happened was, seven years ago Yuuichi ate some of Aunt Akiko's jam and was never the same since" explination out to make the game more credible XD

K
2004-06-24, 19:50
Maybe the entire game is just ONE HUGE JAM-INDUCED TRIP @_____@... then they decided to take the "Well, actually what happened was, seven years ago Yuuichi ate some of Aunt Akiko's jam and was never the same since" explination out to make the game more credible XD

YES.

adun50
2004-07-01, 04:44
hhmm i was just wondering, what will the next animal/creature that will be featured in the next Key game?

first in Kanon, it was Piro (cat), in Air, it was Piko (dog), and in Clannad, some pig. i don't know the name since i haven'y played much of the game.

Haeleth
2004-07-01, 05:30
The dog in Air is called Potato - Piko is just what he says. Clannad's boar is called Button.

What's next? Anyone's guess. Taiko the tanuki, perhaps? ;)

adun50
2004-07-01, 06:25
The dog in Air is called Potato - Piko is just what he says.

hehehe, my mistake, haven't played Air in a little while. hehehe, a Tanuki huh, that would seem interesting.

Weave
2004-07-01, 20:27

YES.

whoa, that kinda makes sense, almost.