PDA

View Full Version : It's out...

Haeleth
2004-06-06, 04:04
Version 0.57 of "Kanon: a translation", that is.

If it doesn't work, please break it to me gently... -_-;;

AnimeOtakuSama
2004-06-06, 05:24
Version 0.57 of "Kanon: a translation", that is.

If it doesn't work, please break it to me gently... -_-;;

Thank You so much Haeleth!!!!!!

We all love ya!!!!

*Recalls the Haeleth-Stalking Zombie Kanon Fanboys back to the darkness with the new patch in hands.......^_^

2004-06-06, 05:30
Tks, tks a lot!!!!!!

adun50
2004-06-06, 05:47
~WAI WAI~ thanks alot Haeleth. now i just have to dig up my copy of Kanon which is sitting somewhere...

Weave
2004-06-06, 06:17
So....gonna be quite her for a few days I see....

oh and congrats dude. This is certainly your labour of love.

Tabi
2004-06-06, 06:43
I just found out about this site a coupla days ago... just wanted to say, it makes me unimaginably happy to be able to play Kanon in english ^o^. My friend got me into the anime, then another friend of mine had the game, and kept going on about it, and I was like "T___T... want... to play... Kanon..."... eventually I got the game, and loved it, but it was always like... okay... it'll always be in Japanese, sigh.

Then I found out that there was a translation going for it, and I was bowled over @__@

Sometimes Japanese games can help me improve my knowledge a little, but I mainly found that with my Sorcerer Hunters playstation games which speak the lines as they go... I don't have a version of Kanon with voices, so it's just picking out what I know ^^;

Anyway, I'm rambling... now I gotta reinstall Kanon to give the new patch a go ;D

vikitehwaffu
2004-06-06, 08:26
Yay!
*swoons*

jtux
2004-06-06, 09:43
For those who need it, I have created a Mac OS X installer binary (http://darkstar.tabu.stw-bonn.de/~neo/ksetup/setup.osx_jaguar.gz).

K
2004-06-06, 09:43
Oh fscking hell yes.

Thanks a ton man ^_^

K
2004-06-06, 09:50
BTW, Haeleth, you can start that poll now.

bbcjoke
2004-06-06, 10:46
Yey, just in time I got my Kanon's sound to work! Thanks!

vikitehwaffu
2004-06-06, 14:10
All my saves got wasted...

It's cool, though. Minor thing.

Haeleth
2004-06-06, 15:06
For those who need it, I have created a Mac OS X installer binary (http://darkstar.tabu.stw-bonn.de/~neo/ksetup/setup.osx_jaguar.gz).
Cool. I'm adding a link to the download page, let me know if you'd rather I mirrored it locally instead.

2004-06-06, 15:16
All my saves got wasted...

It's cool, though. Minor thing.

why wasted????

I had no problems with my old save files.

Aldareon
2004-06-06, 18:52
It's been like a coupla months since I last checked in here, and it's great to be pleasantly surprised about the release of the latest patch ^_^
Good to see that there's now a capability for other translators to chip in.

Now for the big question .. is there going to be a poll on the direction of the translation, or has the decision been made to keep translating according to the timeline?

Whatever the decision, I'm sure everyone in the forum would agree to it, right guys?

K
2004-06-06, 18:55
Whatever the decision, I'm sure everyone in the forum would agree to it, right guys?

NO.

Nah, just kidding. I won't mind at all, but I'd still rather he finished storylines one by one. His pick though.

vikitehwaffu
2004-06-06, 20:33
Sorry bout that...

Kanon all age. Windows XP. Japanese encoding settings. Patch .25 previously installed.
No voice patch.

Stranger
2004-06-06, 21:38
alright... thanks a million Haeleth, its good to see the new patch first thing when I come to office on Monday morrning ;-)

Now the big qustion... should I work... or should I see what Nayuki is embaressed about.... see Nayuki

Kero
2004-06-06, 22:33
Amazing job on the patch Haeleth. Now I can put that $100 Canadian I shelled out for buying this game to good use. I was expecting some complex proceedure for installing the patch but thankfully it was ungodly user-friendly. Looks like I'll be missing school due to a Kanon related cold ^_^.

Thanks a million for translating Kanon

Stranger
2004-06-06, 22:42
Note to _inmm users, if you don't hear any BGM after you applay the patch, then you will need to re-patch the new AVG32 that comes with the translation patch.

Just run _inmm and tell it patch Kanon once more and you are done :-)

Haeleth
2004-06-07, 04:23
Kanon all age.

Is the problem. I don't know how this one slipped through, but there is indeed a problem here.

Edit: the issue has been resolved. Refer to the front page (http://www.haeleth.net) for details of how to recover your saved games, if you so wish.

ChronoReverse
2004-06-07, 10:06
WAWAAAAHGH! Finally =)

I've held off playing the previous patch until now ;)

jtux
2004-06-07, 14:37
By the way...have the issues with XKanon been resolved?

Haeleth
2004-06-07, 15:13
Now for the big question .. is there going to be a poll on the direction of the translation, or has the decision been made to keep translating according to the timeline?
I've basically decided... what I'm planning at the moment is to keep working on all the girls, but to concentrate more on Shiori and then Mai, as in the current patch. So it's kind of half way really.

By the way...have the issues with XKanon been resolved?
Most of them, as long as one uses Arkazam's version (http://users.skynet.be/xkanon/). There are still a couple of minor issues, but it's fully playable now. I'm told it doesn't work on big-endian machines, but you can at least run it in an x86 emulator without needing a copy of Windows.

2004-06-07, 16:18
Woo! Patch update! Horray for Haeleth!

vikitehwaffu
2004-06-07, 16:51
What would happen to my new saves after I restored the old ones previously with the fix?
Would they overlap?

ChronoReverse
2004-06-07, 17:47
*makes a mental note to play Shiori's scenario first

btw, was there a reason why gogo.dll can't be included with the vAVG32 tool?

Aldareon
2004-06-07, 17:51
keep working on all the girls, but to concentrate more on Shiori and then Mai

Heh heh .. I guess we couldn't take the chance of having the nayuki fanboys have their way ^_^

Note to _inmm users, if you don't hear any BGM after you applay the patch, then you will need to re-patch the new AVG32 that comes with the translation patch.

lemme get this straight - download new patch, install, and finally redo _inmm on top of it? Also, are there any known issues with using version 2.34a as opposed to 2.34?

ChronoReverse
2004-06-07, 18:33
Hmmm, I hope I just made a big mistake, because something really weird is happening.

(I bet it's the voice patch ><)

I see all Yuuichi's lines, but Nayuki doesn't say anything nor does her lines show up. It's rather hilarious reading Yuuichi's monologues.

I'll reinstall everything and try again.

BTW, you know the english translated vAVG32 tool for the voice patch? It seems to be missing the /patch folder which contains the vital information for the patcher. I was able to find that using google, but other people might be confused.

I think I know the problem for the no Nayuki thing. I tried using the mixer conversion and that won't work with the 'm' version of AVG methinks. Too bad the 'd' version didn't work >.>

WOOHOO! Everything now wokring including _imm =) Bravo Haeleth!

Stranger
2004-06-07, 22:04
lemme get this straight - download new patch, install, and finally redo _inmm on top of it? Also, are there any known issues with using version 2.34a as opposed to 2.34?I think the new translation patch comes with a new version of AVG32 (I think it is to add the option of the names order). So the changes made by _inmm to the orignal AVG32 would be lost. Therefore you will need to patch the new AVG32.

By the way, thanks, I didn't know that there was a new version of _inmm I was still using version 2.33 :-). I just downloaded it and there doesn't seem to be any differnses ( all differeinces should be internal, or with the _inmmcnf.ini file ).

Any way to use the new version, just run it, then exit. Then copy the _inmm.dll file and overwrite the old one in the Kanon directory, and you are done (leave _inmm.ini file as it is, there is no need to change anything in it).

(P.S. even though I am only talking about Kanon here, _inmm is by no means limited to Kanon, it support a huge list of games (inc. Air), but it doesn't support Clannad yet).

ChronoReverse
2004-06-07, 22:57
/me leaves a million thanks and one more for Haeleth

Everything works and I can hear the voices.

It's strange how, even though I've read through it quite few times already, I always get the buzzy feeling whenever I read the prologue part of Kanon. =)

JudicatorOmega
2004-06-08, 00:44
I have Kanon: Adults Only (Voiced). The patch installation gave me two little errors, but they only came up because I have been doing stupid things with my Kanon folder. I think there is a problem when AVG3216M.EXE has Read-only properties on. As for the other error: the installer crashed when patching seen101.txt(?), but I just ran the installer a second time and the error didn't come up again.

I just have to say it; this new patch is high quality! I love it so much that I'm going to let go of Ragnarok Online for a couple of days/weeks to play this.

After I got the patch installed, I decided to delete my saved games and start a new game. I noticed that some of the older text has been upgraded in the new patch, so starting a new game is more enjoyable. I like the fact that text is now seperated from the character names with 1 space.

Thank you so much for this new patch, Haeleth. I will certainly enjoy it in my free time.

Haeleth
2004-06-08, 03:41
Yay, massive reply-to-everyone-at-once post time!

What would happen to my new saves after I restored the old ones previously with the fix?
Would they overlap?
No, you'd lose your new saves instead. ;)

BTW, you know the english translated vAVG32 tool for the voice patch? It seems to be missing the /patch folder which contains the vital information for the patcher. I was able to find that using google, but other people might be confused.
Did you miss the bit where it says "This package only contains the program and documentation; you'll need the patch files from the Japanese vAVG32"? There's even a link to the place where you can get it... ^^;

I think I know the problem for the no Nayuki thing. I tried using the mixer conversion and that won't work with the 'm' version of AVG methinks. Too bad the 'd' version didn't work >.>
Correct. And if you have the adult version, you're almost certainly not going to find an AVG3216D that does work...

I think the new translation patch comes with a new version of AVG32 (I think it is to add the option of the names order). So the changes made by _inmm to the orignal AVG32 would be lost.
It does replace the existing AVG32 executable, but not to add the name order choice - that's done entirely in SEEN.TXT. The reason the AVG32 executable is replaced is just that some strings like the "Really exit?" thing need translating, and the patcher isn't clever enough to tell whether they're translated already, so it just replaces the program anyway. ^^;

I think there is a problem when AVG3216M.EXE has Read-only properties on.
Gah, trust someone to find the one single file where I forgot to handle the read-only status...

I like the fact that text is now seperated from the character names with 1 space.
Further proof that nobody ever reads anything I write! I posted a fix for that problem on the front page about a day after the 0.25 release, and it remained there for a year... ^^;

Stranger
2004-06-08, 06:07
[Day 16-Jan] [Time Night] [Locn Shcool] [Char Mai]..... hahahaaahaaaa... alright... those were 2 extra good options.... who the heck didn't choose the 1st option ;-) (after saveing)

P.S. Dose the fact that I am still seeing Mai on the 16th, mean that I am already out of Nayuki's story???!!!!!
Further proof that nobody ever reads anything I write! I posted a fix for that problem on the front page about a day after the 0.25 release, and it remained there for a year... ^^;O.O!!! you have a front page??!!!!!! since when... I thought this forum was everything!!!! (just kidding)

ChronoReverse
2004-06-08, 08:16
@Haeleth

Yeah, I missed it. Curse me for only reading the readme.txt file and not the text that came with the download link >.>

Haeleth
2004-06-08, 08:39
Curse me for only reading the readme.txt file and not the text that came with the download link >.>
Oops, you have a point there.

(sound of hasty typing and uploading)

I, uh... I don't know what you're talking about! It's in the readme too! Honest!

ChronoReverse
2004-06-08, 10:48
Hehehe, oh well.

BTW, I found one line that's a bit wonkers.

On Tuesday January 12, when Yuuichi tells Nayuki that Keropii is still eating breakfast, the last character of "breakfast", the 't', is hanging alone on the next line.

Like thi
s.

Hmmm...

Same day, the lunch with Sayuri and Mai.
"We exchange glances and laughs, as though this were a picnic."

Argh, now that I've actually played through that part, I'm wondering, "WHAT IS IN THAT JAM?!?"

Moreover, Yuuichi is exceedingly cruel.

vikitehwaffu
2004-06-08, 11:18
Insert Credit has a very tiny snippet of Haeleth's patch on their page.
Cool.

Haeleth
2004-06-08, 12:49
On Tuesday January 12, when Yuuichi tells Nayuki that Keropii is still eating breakfast, the last character of "breakfast", the 't', is hanging alone on the next line.
Oops, I forgot to tell the lineation routine that Froggy's name is longer in Japanese name mod
e.

Same day, the lunch with Sayuri and Mai.
"We exchange glances and laughs, as though this were a picnic."
?
Looks fine to me... parse it as <tt>We_exchange (glances, laughs)</tt>, not <tt>We (exchange_glances, laugh)</tt>.

ChronoReverse
2004-06-08, 14:00
Ah I see. I always get caught by stuff like that >.>

Perhaps it'll sound less ambiguous if laughs was placed first?

And now I've reached the end of January 23rd =(

/me wonders if I should start another scenario or hold off it

K
2004-06-08, 16:58
Well, speaking of this sort of thing, near the beginning when Nayuki gives Yuuichi the bag... I don't have the exact quote, but it was something like... "Nayuki, handing over the bag, and I, taking it", which is... awkward, to say the least.

It should be something like "As Nayuki held it out, I took the bag (from her hands)". Parentheses are because... well, that doesn't exactly come from the previous text, but it sounds better.

Haeleth
2004-06-08, 17:14
Ah yes, 070.25a: Nayuki, holding out the bag - and I, taking it.

Okay, I admit that verbless sentences look a bit odd in English, but that's what we have in the Japanese - "はいっ、と鞄を差し出す名雪と、その鞄を受け取る俺。" The only verbs in the sentence are in subordinate clauses: it's definitely "I, who am taking the bag, [am in the scene]", not "I take the bag". The reason it can get away with that is that it's a description of a scene, not an action.

There's quite a lot of this stuff in literary Japanese, and mostly I've rewritten it to sound natural in English, but... well, I just felt like keeping one or two examples. I mean, what's the point of being British if you're not allowed to be eccentric? ;)

Weave
2004-06-08, 17:48
yeah, sometimes the Japanese is as obtuse as
"Jane to school moneky apple carburator went"

but seriously... Japanese ain't that easy. I'm amazed everytime I see what Healeths managed to work out of some of these scripts. You don't always have alot of work with. You get a noun, a particle and MAYBE a verb if your lucky and have to make a complete sentence that doesn't sound like "all your taiyaki are belong to Ayu".

.yeah, that sentence sounds wierd though, but not as much as the RAW would. :)

ChronoReverse
2004-06-08, 17:49
Hehe, I don't have a problem with the sentence structures generally (in fact, I'm rather fond of grammatically correct sentences that look odd because of all the commas).

Sometimes word choices "feel" strange to me, but I generally attribute that to either a translation stylization (in cases of dialogue) or a difference because it's not the "Canadian" english that I'm used to.

The one case I brought up was because I rather completely missed the other interpretation of the sentence (and even after having it explained to me, I still find it odd)

BTW, I really appreciate all the work you've put into your notes. It's great having at least a little bit of filler to show us how English loses some of the meaning present in the original Japanese.

Weave
2004-06-08, 17:56
it's not the "Canadian" english that I'm used to.

"Canadian" english is more similiar to Queens english than what comes out of my mouth. I lived in the SE U.S. for ten years, I practically sound like some hick. It's awful.

ChronoReverse
2004-06-08, 18:42
Hehe, yeah. That's probably why I have no problems with Haeleth's translation at all since I actually know some of the terms that aren't in common use over here in North America.

Aldareon
2004-06-08, 20:41
Hmm .. back in my childhood days I was taught by canadian, british and N. american teachers - I knew there was something different about them but I couldn't quite put my finger on it ^_^. I must admit though, the aussie vernacular took me the longest to get accustomed to.

It's great having at least a little bit of filler to show us how English loses some of the meaning present in the original Japanese.

Yeah - I'd agree to that. It's always nice to know where the implied meanings are lost in translation.

One final question about _inmm .. I haven't actually installed it yet, but am I right in guessing that it won't affect the game's voice patch?

ChronoReverse
2004-06-08, 21:39
No it doesn't... at least in my experience.

I'm currently running the adult version of Kanon with the voices (in mp3) and _inmm and it seems to be working just fine.

Stranger
2004-06-08, 21:55
One final question about _inmm .. I haven't actually installed it yet, but am I right in guessing that it won't affect the game's voice patch?As "ChronoReverse" said, it won't. The voice patch useses the SEEN.TXT file, while the _inmm will patch the AVG32 file. So they both use 2 different files, and they don't touch each other nor care about each other (I mean the patchs)

P.S. What I mean is that both patchs are indepent of each other, and don't affect the other patch.

neootaku
2004-06-09, 16:19
"all your taiyaki are belong to Ayu"

That would look awsome on a shirt!

HIGHWAY99
2004-06-09, 16:44
I actually enjoy a little non-american english slang from time to time, accourse with a little japanese like "baka" added in. Sometimes a translation of a word just isn't as fun. :) Enjoying the new patch Haeleth. Btw, did you remember to update your url link on the BG###.mask images? I think i noticed a few missing words here and there, and the term first floor being used for the upstairs(2nd floor?!?) but I still enjoy it so much that I don't mind such things at all. Keep up the enjoyable work, bud.

Oh, btw, have you thought of meantioning possibly how far each character's path(s) have come so far. Simply to give us a good idea of which girl might be wiser to shoot for for the time being. Not that it wont stop me from shooting for Ayu-Ayu, anyways. :)

Oh, Btw, I noticed that I had to revert back to a backup of the game ini as i had, hum hum, you know....but that went easy. Let me know if you need any help down the line with american slang if you come to doing a option for it. Oh, I think my sound wasn't playing anything for some reason, but then again for some reason my sound had gotten muted so that might have been why, although not sure if it was at that time.

Anyways i tossed the new files mentioning something about the voice packs for both adult and all-ages into the folder even though I know its the adult version. As I was updating, not fresh installing, I didn't toss in the old voice patch files though, so didn't know if that could be why not.

Thx again, for another wounderful patch update.

-------------------------------
HIGHWAY99

zalas
2004-06-09, 21:02
Well, isn't there some sort of thing going on in Europe where the floor at ground level is the ground floor and the floor above it the 1st floor? I know Spain does it.

AzureLight
2004-06-09, 23:07
Huh? Isn't it always the case here and most other places...?

Stranger
2004-06-10, 00:44
[Day 20 Jan][Time Morrning][Loca xxxx][Char Nayuki]
Oi, Hæleþes you made a translation error.
Hæleþes Tranlation> Nayuki "I'm sure I'd be embarrassed if it was a stranger"
It should be> Nayuki "I'm sure I'd be embarrassed if it was Stranger"

"a" should be remove, and "s" should be captil since it is a Noun ;-)

Actualy... it should be Stranger-sama.... Nayuki calls me that all the time :-)

Right, now that, that is over, I beleave that when it comes to floor counting, every nation follow the C/C++ counting system.... START FROM ZERO (Ground Floor), then the rest follow... I think.

Aldareon
2004-06-10, 02:04
I beleave that when it comes to floor counting, every nation follow the C/C++ counting system.... START FROM ZERO (Ground Floor), then the rest follow... I think.

Heh?? "C++ system" - hmm .. guess that would be right if you think that a building is like an array. But then again, I've come across a few places where the elevator labels the entrance level as the first floor .. then there's the basement issue .. aah! now I'm confused.

Haeleth
2004-06-10, 02:59
It's perfectly straightforward! In Europe, the floor at ground level is the ground floor, and the floor above that is the first floor. In Japan and the USA, the floor at ground level is the first floor. Right?

Mythia^
2004-06-10, 13:39
Wow, the new patch, that's good to hear! Thank you Haeleth! I'm a bit late, I know.
But I'll wait the 100% patch before playing, he he...
I'll do like anime series, I don't watch or play an incomplete thing, so I'll wait for the final release, patience is a vertue...

ChronoReverse
2004-06-10, 16:17
Or in some places in Canada, you have buildings where the ground floor is the first floor and the floor below that is the lower first floor @@

AzureLight
2004-06-10, 23:15
Mythia^, your Rizel-chan avatar is kyuuuto~

Stranger
2004-06-11, 22:47
WAYYYYY OFF TOPIC (yes I mean off the floor counting topic).
Mythia^, your avatar look very familier, but I can't place it anywhere. I've been trying to remember her, but I can't. From which anime is it??!!!

ChronoReverse, your avatar does NOT look familier at all... but still, I am intreasted to know which anime it came from... if posible.

Now back to topic (yes I mean the floor counting topic)... in area51... how do they count floors there???!!!! (considering the the thing is underground :-) )

Ok back to the REAL topic (no this have nothing to do with floor counting). Hæleþes, something is not right about the food names with Mai, when ever Yuuchi brings a new meal, I can see that the name of the meal in different colour (indecting that I can click on it for details of what the meal is), but when I click on the word, the dialoug countine. Am I doing something wrong, or you didn't know what the meals are at the time of release. (Note: This is an unimportant matter, I was just wandering if I have done things wrong).

Keisuke
2004-06-11, 23:01
WAYYYYY OFF TOPIC (yes I mean off the floor counting topic).
ChronoReverse, your avatar does NOT look familier at all... but still, I am intreasted to know which anime it came from... if posible.

Looks like Chidori from Full Metal Panic.

Sorry off-topic post... --;

vikitehwaffu
2004-06-11, 23:18
Mythia's is Rizel from Rizelhime.

AzureLight
2004-06-12, 03:40
Mythia's is Rizel from Rizelhime.

It's Rizelmine~

Aldareon
2004-06-12, 04:28
Hey AzureLight .. You live in Brunei, right? You know the serviced apartment near the church of our lady of assumption in BSB? Well, since there are only two churches it ain't hard to find ^_^
I believe that it was called abdul razak .. can't remember .. just know it has a cool pool area and the balcony-type-thing with white rocks you can throw at people below you inside the building (Okay .. NOT ALLOWED, but still ..!).
Anyhow, the point is .. I think that one has the lifts starting with ground floor labelled as 1st floor. If my memory serves me right, Philippines labels it the same way as USA (which, according to "the boss" is a 1st floor start).
Now here's what I'm thinking .. if Australia & Britain have the same lift system and Phils & USA are linked as well, then that means that the lift system could have a relation to the way cars 'n road conventions are made (ie left-hand vs right-hand drives). It's up to Azure (and others) to prove me wrong here - Brunei's a commonwealth country and thus should be the same as the Brit system, but that apartment just seems to be contradictory to my beliefs.
Watcha guys think? Is it a far-fetched idea?

Haeleth
2004-06-12, 05:07
Hæleþes, something is not right about the food names with Mai, when ever Yuuchi brings a new meal, I can see that the name of the meal in different colour (indecting that I can click on it for details of what the meal is), but when I click on the word, the dialoug countine. Am I doing something wrong, or you didn't know what the meals are at the time of release.
Hmm... that came up in testing, but I thought I'd fixed it. A few thoughts -
Are other hyperlinks working?
Does changing your character's name to something else, and then back again, help?
Are you clicking dead centre on the link?
Does clicking to the left of the link help?

AzureLight
2004-06-12, 05:37
Hey AzureLight .. You live in Brunei, right? You know the serviced apartment near the church of our lady of assumption in BSB? Well, since there are only two churches it ain't hard to find ^_^
I believe that it was called abdul razak .. can't remember .. just know it has a cool pool area and the balcony-type-thing with white rocks you can throw at people below you inside the building (Okay .. NOT ALLOWED, but still ..!).
Erm, yeah. Plaza Abdul Razak. Where the old Yaohan (old Japanese supermarket chain, early-to-mid-90's are their glory days) once stood. Or is it those white tall apartments in BSB? The same owners I think... Uh, do you know stuff about Brunei?

Anyhow, the point is .. I think that one has the lifts starting with ground floor labelled as 1st floor. If my memory serves me right, Philippines labels it the same way as USA (which, according to "the boss" is a 1st floor start).
The Phillipines and Japan are very close to the US, especially the army links.

Now here's what I'm thinking .. if Australia & Britain have the same lift system and Phils & USA are linked as well, then that means that the lift system could have a relation to the way cars 'n road conventions are made (ie left-hand vs right-hand drives). It's up to Azure (and others) to prove me wrong here - Brunei's a commonwealth country and thus should be the same as the Brit system, but that apartment just seems to be contradictory to my beliefs.
Watcha guys think? Is it a far-fetched idea?
There's this problem of some people (contractors, managers, whoever) that do not know of the differences of UK/America, i.e. some posters/banners would show British English spelling and some American English. Some contractors would label floors as G then 2, (but most here would say G then 1)...

But, being part of the Commonwealth, I follow the Commonwealth system. I never write/type in American English, and I drink tea XD~

P.S. call me Azu-chan.

Aldareon
2004-06-12, 06:01
My mistake .. it wasn't abdul razak. I was talking about the apartment at the corner you come across when you turn into the road where St. George's school is (which is also where the church lies).

My dad was hired by the Bruneian government, and I lived there for much of my childhood days. Funny thing was, when I came back there about 7 years later I realized that I had actually forgotten about many places I used to visit and the people I used to hang out with. Very much like a Kanon dejavu .. just without the hentai ^_^

I think I've stretched the floor thing too far now .. any further would require a new topic. Thanks for the input though, Azu-chan!

Stranger
2004-06-12, 07:13
Are other hyperlinks working?yes
Does changing your character's name to something else, and then back again, help?hey this helped... poor Yuuichi.. he have been upgraded to Stranger :-)
Are you clicking dead centre on the link?No.. well not sure, but for the once that don't work I tryed clicking all around and it didn't help (I used a save point to return to the same place over and over to test this)
Does clicking to the left of the link help?nope, the only thing that made the in-active links work the the 2nd point, upgradeing Yuuichi to Stranger :-)

Haeleth
2004-06-12, 08:53
So... is it working now? ^^;

...ehh?! Hang on a second, how did you manage to change your name to "Stranger"?! That's too long! It's meant to complain about names longer than 7 letters~!

Er, you are playing with 0.57, right? It's just that what you're describing should only have been possible in 0.25... ;_;

Stranger
2004-06-12, 14:21
...ehh?! Hang on a second, how did you manage to change your name to "Stranger"?! That's too long! It's meant to complain about names longer than 7 letters~!actuly I used "Wataru", but since I use the name Stranger on the Forum, I though I will use that name in the post. Sorry.

Haeleth
2004-06-12, 14:35
Phew... for a moment I thought you might have found some sort of absolutely horrible bug.

I just realised why it wasn't working till you changed your name. Excuse me while I go and kick myself for a few hours.

ChronoReverse
2004-06-12, 22:17
I have a question.

On the first day, Yuuichi mentions that he's added sauce to pot yakisoba without draining it first.

Now, your handy info tells me what yakisoba is, but what is a "pot yakisoba"?

Haeleth
2004-06-13, 02:53
Instant yakisoba in a pot. Like a pot ramen or pot noodle. I'll clarify that in the gloss.

Weave
2004-06-13, 04:54
I just thought he was joking saying he couldn't cook yakisoba.

adun50
2004-06-13, 22:33
YAY!!! recently acquired the voice patch and works like a charm, although the storage size is huge at 16bit 44khz wave files, a total of 3.36GB (that's with leaving the AFS files in the folder.

K
2004-06-14, 18:39
Use 22kHz then >_>

ChronoReverse
2004-06-14, 22:16
Or even better, MP3