Keisuke
2004-05-23, 17:39
Kanon:
- Akiko's job?
- Nayuki's father?
- What's in Akiko's mysterious jam?
- Shiori's pocket?
- Ayu's parents?
- Kaori's club? (I think she's in FIGHT CLUB though.. ^^; )

AIR:
- Characters' age??
- Minagi's rice coupon..
- Potato = Alien?
- Haruko's job?
- Dororiko juice?
- Is Minagi really smartest in the class?
- Kano appears to be popular to other girls in school... But why she never
hang out with her school friends?
- What kind of high school are they attending??

Did I miss anything? Let's discuss XD

Weave
2004-05-23, 22:51
Kanon:

- Kaori's club? (I think she's in FIGHT CLUB though.. ^^; )

Well, according to Eternal Fighter Zero I'd have to agree.

Haeleth
2004-05-24, 02:30
- Akiko's job?
Hitman. (Well... hitwoman, I guess.)

I can just imagine her infiltrating the mansion of a disgraced Yakuza boss, creeping into his bedroom... the shadow cast onto the wall by the moonlight, the gasp of horror from the bed, the raised jar of jam...

- Nayuki's father?
See next.

- What's in Akiko's mysterious jam?
See previous.

- Shiori's pocket?
Hammer-space.

- Ayu's parents?
See previous but one.

- Kaori's club?
She's probably Akiko's sidekick...

AIR:
- Characters' age??
The girls? 12 (by appearance and behaviour), 18 (by law). Hey, this is a Key game, whaddya expect? :p

Haruko only looks about 20, so don't ask me where Misuzu came from. At least in Clannad the authors finally start admitting that their mother characters look far too young...

- Potato = Alien?
Pikopiko~!
(translation: I thought he might be, but the men in black convinced me otherwise)

- Haruko's job?
Courier? (Yup, a serious suggestion - surprised? :p)

- Is Minagi really smartest in the class?
YES! How dare you suggest otherwise!

Okay, she's foolish enough to be taken advantage of by Yukito, but you mustn't confuse common sense and intellect.

- What kind of high school are they attending??
One with a slightly less bizarre uniform than in Kanon. Goodness only knows what those crosses are about, though, as I seriously doubt it's a Church of England school...

Weave
2004-05-24, 02:49
-

[quote]- What kind of high school are they attending??
One with a slightly less bizarre uniform than in Kanon. Goodness only knows what those crosses are about, though, as I seriously doubt it's a Church of England school...

crosses are more fashion than religion in Japan. In alot of series you notice women (only) wearing cross chockers. It's not just Eva I swear. I've even seen acouple on TV too. Though, usually they're Roman crosses, not the kind seen in Air.

ps- what should my avatar be? I'm well past due for one.

Keisuke
2004-05-24, 10:26
Haruko only looks about 20, so don't ask me where Misuzu came from. At least in Clannad the authors finally start admitting that their mother characters look far too young...

Right. But you know that Haruko is... Hm.. No spoiler for the people.

And...

Translated by me. Did you ever wondered on which ingrediant Minagi uses on her hamburger? =P (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/M_AIR.jpg)

*Warning*
It's a NASTY JOKE.

BTW Haeleth.. Are there any mysterious element in Clannad?

To Weave:

Just use a picture of your favorite character (I.E. Minagi?) =P

Haeleth
2004-05-24, 10:51
Did you ever wondered on which ingrediant Minagi uses on her hamburger? =P
Kyaah, that's mean-piko! Where's it from-piko?

Are there any mysterious element in Clannad?
I can't say I've played enough of the stories yet to know what's explained and what's not... though I fully expect to see plenty of 4-koma springing up concerning Button and Sanae's bread. ;)

K
2004-05-24, 13:28
Translated by me. Did you ever wondered on which ingrediant Minagi uses on her hamburger? =P (http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/M_AIR.jpg)

HELL YEAH!!

I'm going to update my avatar now ^_^;

Keisuke
2004-05-25, 00:33
Did you ever wondered on which ingrediant Minagi uses on her hamburger? =P
Kyaah, that's mean-piko! Where's it from-piko?

Some kind of fansite =P Sorry I forgot where I got it from.

Stranger
2004-05-25, 00:34
Are there any mysterious element in Clannad?
I can't say I've played enough of the stories yet to know what's explained and what's not... though I fully expect to see plenty of 4-koma springing up concerning Button and Sanae's bread. ;)
don't know about that, but what about Kyou pet??!!!... is it a pig, or is it a cat??? (or I think Kyou said it was a cat... even thought Okazaki and Sunohara were scared of it, and it seem to be as intelgent as Piko)

P.S. I spent about an houre on that small part trying to read it... and I am not sure if it was correct or not, so don't mind me if it is wrong.

Haeleth
2004-05-25, 05:51
don't know about that, but what about Kyou pet??!!!... is it a pig, or is it a cat??? (or I think Kyou said it was a cat... even thought Okazaki and Sunohara were scared of it, and it seem to be as intelgent as Piko)
That's Button. He's a boar piglet (urinko/uribou). There's a lot of obscure vocab flying around in that scene, I'm not surprised you had trouble with it...

Weave
2004-05-25, 14:41
is it me, or is Clannad alot more difficult to translate, with all the odd words and slang?

K
2004-05-25, 15:01
Look at my av now ^_^

Haeleth
2004-05-25, 15:38
is it me, or is Clannad alot more difficult to translate, with all the odd words and slang?
Could be, but it's also possible that it only seems harder because it's less familiar.

I've certainly seen a lot of things that would be hard to translate, particularly with all the jokes about Sunohara's bad English, and particularly particularly with the whole ハブ・ア・グッド・エッチ thing - I can't even begin to think how to approach that one. But then I look at Kanon, and I see things like the shiritori scenes in Mai's scenario...

Look at my av now ^_^
Poor Potato... ;_;

Weave
2004-05-25, 23:46
ハブ・ア・グッド・エッチ

engrish at its finest.

tranxed "Have a good ecchi"
Maybe it's in context....?

Haeleth
2004-05-26, 03:16
Yeah, the context is the problem... the thing is that Sunohara interprets it as "good luck". And then the エッチ that Okazaki is referring to seems to be 変態 in the sense of the transformation Sunohara will undergo if he annoys Tomoyo any more, not 変態 as in tentacles...

Bust Nak
2004-05-26, 07:34
> Kyaah, that's mean-piko! Where's it from-piko?

http://www3.to/hosikuzu

Stranger
2004-06-09, 01:26
[Day 18-Jan] [Time Morrning] [Loca Outside] [Char Nayuki] [Topic Akiko's Job]
Jung gur..!!! Anlhxv qbrfa'g xabj ure zbgure'f wbo.... ubj gur urpx vf gung cbffvoyr????

Vf Nxvxb jbexvat sbe gur Wncnarfr vagrytvapr be fbzrguvat??

Maybe she is a Miko who chasses evil spirits
Or a Vampire... hey is there a scen where Akiko will be outside the house in day time??????

adun50
2004-06-16, 01:15
i found another part for the mystery collection:

- What time does Akiko get up?? surely she'll have stuff like laundry to do also in the morning before Yuuichi and Nayuki leave for school. Assuming Akiko leaves sometime after them

Haeleth
2004-06-16, 03:18
Get up? If you ask me, I reckon she never goes to bed... that would explain why she's never sleepy or irritated when she's forced to make an appearance in the middle of the night.

Hmm... maybe that's why Nayuki's always so sleepy, too. Akiko must be draining her daughter's energy to sustain herself without sleep, probably by means of some secret formula in the jam... which would explain why she's so keen to have Yuuichi to live with them, and then so keen to get him to eat her jam too...

Keisuke
2004-06-19, 15:23
Just remebered another mysteries from AIR...

-What the heck is 'Hiyaah' that Haruko mentions?
-Haruko offered a job to Yukito once. What kind of job was it?

adun50
2004-10-10, 16:50
an old thread but i found something quite interesting while watching Kanon ep 13 last night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/adun50/Kanon_Clannad.jpg

what do you people think?

zalas
2004-10-10, 18:02
Yup, seen it before. Great isn't it ;)

Soulfang
2004-10-10, 19:16
an old thread but i found something quite interesting while watching Kanon ep 13 last night.

what do you people think?

Interesting...

Vewwy interesting...

Aldareon
2004-10-12, 19:01
Never knew about Clannad when I watched it ^_^
Just out of interest, how many times HAVE you watched the series?

adun50
2004-10-12, 20:24
Never knew about Clannad when I watched it ^_^
Just out of interest, how many times HAVE you watched the series?

i make it an effort to watch Kanon at least once a year. I watched it recently to get into the mood for the Air TV series and movie coming up.