PDA

View Full Version : Air Voice Patch

Weave
2004-04-29, 04:59
I recently acquired the Air voice patch, but have no clue as to how to install it. Any pointers?

It's not as user friendly as the Kanon Voice patch as these exe's are DOS programs.

Weave
2004-04-29, 07:46
it's been really quite here lately.
I must be the only one who doesn't have Clannad or something....

Stranger
2004-04-29, 10:11
it's been really quite here lately.
I must be the only one who doesn't have Clannad or something....
Yah, real quite... too quite... so quite that I am hearing voices!!! :-)
And it seem that I am not the only without Clannad.... but the Trailer for "Beyond the Clouds" have made me forget Clannad.... can't wait to get that film.

Any way, try to use the same program that have already been posted for Kanon. I think the program can patch both Kanon and Air (all-ages, or adult). Although I don't have Air voice patch to test it. But you can try it.

See: Guide To Installing The Voice Patch

Aldareon
2004-06-12, 23:16
Heh heh .. I was just about to send a post asking the same thing. Lucky this thread was still in the first page ^_^

You most probably have the vair 0.02 or something like that. There are two execs - voice.exe which you use to extract the afs files and vpatch to patch the game to use the voices.

There's a gui available now, but if you want to use the ones you've got then try this:

Usage of voice.exe - "voice [afs directory] [air DAT directory]" - there are other options for sound quality 'n stuff but I think the default should suffice.

vpatch.exe - "voice [air DAT directory]"

The gui is available here:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Rook/8600/

I'm experimenting with that now, and I've had a few probs (like the readme makes a reference to the voice6 afs file as a defect or something - heck, I don't even have it!).

The readme has too much kanji for my liking, so I'm taking a trial and error way of installing it. Later today (or tomorrow) I'll try installing the update patch before the voice patch (though I think the readme told me to do otherwise). Depends how much time I have.

The update is located here:
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/airupdate.htm

I'll write another reply if I find a good solution for patching it up.

Cheers

Haeleth
2004-06-13, 02:57
The AIR update on the Key web site is only for the limited first edition version of AIR (wide box with all three girls on the front). If you have the regular version (Misuzu and Yukito on the front) or the all-age version (just Misuzu), then the update is not for you.

Aldareon
2004-06-13, 07:34
I think the update actually runs a crc check on the seen, gameexe and avg3217m file so it should give an error on the later versions right?

Hmm .. still stuck on getting the patch to do work on the seen.txt file .. I get the thing running, but an error comes up and I end up with a 3.12Kb file unlike the original 2.48Mb.

Haeleth
2004-06-13, 08:08
According to the various readmes, the standard adult version of AIR is not supported by the voice patch - it only works with the all-age or limited-edition versions. I've no idea if that's true, but it's what it says... *shrug*

I'm investigating this now, as it's hard to guess why it should be the case. I'll let you know if I come up with anything...

zalas
2004-06-13, 10:08
There is a voice patch that sorta works for the adult version of AIR. It's just that ~half of the dialogue is missing when you use it.

Haeleth
2004-06-13, 12:57
Looking at the source code for "vair for win" and the "vpatchPS2" derivative, frankly I'm amazed it works at all - it's buggy beyond belief and full of special cases that are demonstrably unnecessary or incorrect.

vAVG32 applies its AIR patch successfully to the regular adult version, and the result is well-formed (i.e. shouldn't crash the game), so people with the Dreamcast voice files can try that. Is this the version with missing dialogue? If anyone can identify a specific problem, I can probably fix it.

Likewise I can probably fix vpatchPS2 to work... at any rate it's on my list of things to do. ^^;

adun50
2004-06-16, 05:37
well i'm currently having a problem with the voice patch and translation done by Chaotic_Reign. for some reason its playing the wrong voices. at first i thought "hey the main protaginist has voice" but when it gets to the kids all went wrong. without the translation patch it works fine. guess i'll just have to mess around with it a bit more.

Aldareon
2004-06-16, 20:51
the standard adult version of AIR is not supported by the voice patch

Heck .. that most probably explains my problems. I just thought that the voicepat_18 file and voicepat_all were the different variations, and there must have been a reason why the author wanted an updated version.

it's buggy beyond belief and full of special cases that are demonstrably unnecessary or incorrect.

Hmm .. never thought about looking through the src. Checking out version 0.02's code gave me a fright .. that's the first time I've ever seen so many 'if' and 'switch' statements! I'd reprogram it myself if only I knew how on earth a patch is supposed to be done, not to mention the fact that I get squeazy when playing with hex.

I'll try the avg32 .. whenever I feel the urge to try installing air again. I've had the voice files and the game for such a long time, but for some strange reason I haven't even played it yet. Maybe in another month or two .. or whenever (rather IF ever) a new translation patch comes out.