On THIS FALL!!! (in Japan -_-)

K
2004-04-01, 13:17
For a moment I thought this was an April Fools' joke ^_^;

Sweet... *waits for fansubs*

I'll be waiting a looooooooong time...

Haeleth
2004-04-01, 13:31
I don't know whether to look forward to it or not... for one thing, rumour has it that Kano and Minagi are going to be cut out completely, apparently it's going to be Misuzu and serious all the way. That's not good news for Potato fans like me. ;)

Keisuke
2004-04-01, 13:58
rumour has it that Kano and Minagi are going to be cut out completely, apparently it's going to be Misuzu and serious all the way. That's not good news for Potato fans like me. ;)

Rumour you said.... right? IT'S GOTTA BE A RUMOUR!! XP
Oh well... we will see...

Haeleth
2004-04-02, 06:15
Well, they cut a fair bit out of the non-Ayu stories in the Kanon anime, didn't they? Now think about what they'd have had to have done to make it a single film rather than a five-hour TV series...

On the bright side, at least I'll be able to afford this one when it comes out on DVD.

Blackavar
2004-04-02, 11:13
It'll probably run like the Mizuiro OAV (2, the non-adult one)... They picked a character and went all out on her while basically ignoring all the others and also changing the story a decent amount, unlike Kanon's OAV which, in my opinion, was fairly unscathed (though suffering from storyline pruning) judging from what I've read on the latter half. *coughrunonsentencecough*

Aldareon
2004-04-16, 23:50
Kanon has an OAV? When was that released? And I thought the anime was it .. wonder what the OAV's about.

Stranger
2004-04-17, 01:15
Kanon has an OAV? When was that released? And I thought the anime was it .. wonder what the OAV's about.
I think Blackavar is refering to the anime. Don't worry, if there is anything *EXTRA* to do with Kanon, then the info will be posted here in no time.

procyon
2004-04-17, 14:46
Well, the 20 minute bonus DVD that you got when you bought all the other Kanon TV stuff is pretty much an OAV, since it wasn't broadcast on TV or anything...

Weave
2004-04-17, 22:52
"Kazehana"

Yeah, it takes place right before the last coupe of scenes in the 13th episode.
I thought it was nice, but too short, but then again I sit and watch the enitre freakin series on a regular basis.

I wonder if the movie will be direct to video or actually played in the theater?

Asmadi
2004-04-18, 00:03
"Kazehana"

I thought it was nice, but too short, but then again I sit and watch the enitre freakin series on a regular basis.

恐い。。。あなたはカノンアニメが大好きですね。。。

Haeleth
2004-04-18, 01:51
恐い。。。あなたはカノンアニメが大好きですね。。。
そりゃ別に恐くないじゃない? 恐いのはオタクらしい事だろ。 例えば自分の名前を祐一に変わるとか、「カノン教のあゆ大天使様」に信じるとか・・・

I wonder if the movie will be direct to video or actually played in the theater?
My understanding is that it'll be a theatrical release, but I think that's still just a rumour, I haven't seen anything to suggest either option in official statements.

2004-04-19, 16:30
Well, here is a page from the Japanese Newtype on the matter.

http://moeboard.net/gndp~/20040409-2146-801.jpg

zalas
2004-04-19, 21:54
Bah... the print's so small. Maybe I can pick up a copy at Kinokuniya if and when I go there.
All I could make out was like "This fall, on the big screen, a new Summer will be born"
It would be funny if the movie was only "Summer" and not the other two chapters XD

Asmadi
2004-04-20, 15:20
そりゃ別に恐くないじゃない? 恐いのはオタクらしい事だろ。 例えば自分の名前を祐一に変わるとか、「カノン教のあゆ大天使様」に信じるとか・・・

はい、そう思います。 冗談ですよ。 :p

Haeleth
2004-06-01, 07:39
Some of you have probably seen this already, but apparently it's not just a movie any more - there's going to be a TV anime (http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/festa/sakuhin/AIR.html) as well.

K
2004-06-01, 11:44
Oh. Hell yes.

AzureLight
2004-06-01, 12:27
Some of you have probably seen this already, but apparently it's not just a movie any more - there's going to be a TV anime (http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/festa/sakuhin/AIR.html) as well.

AIR is gonna be animated~! *kyun kyu- OK I won't bring my AL.com forum craziness here. *落ち着け*~ Well, this completes the key triad of Kanon, Air and ONE ~輝く季節へ~ being made into anime to show the masses how beautiful the stories are.

2004-06-01, 14:30

I've heard the rumor that the TV serise will cover Minagi Scenario(since the movie one will cover Misuzu scenario only????). Hm.....

adun50
2004-06-01, 15:03
~WAI WAI~ another anime series to look forward to. there's an anime called ONE based on another Key game??

vikitehwaffu
2004-06-01, 15:16
The anime of One blows.

I have seen the first three episodes, and even with an obcession with Key, a winner is not anime One.

It was even more boring than the anime OAV of I's. I wanted to bash my head in.

Keisuke
2004-06-01, 15:44
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/festa/sakuhin/jpeg/AIRmain.gif

Found this on the front page of TBS website.

If that really is how the TV show would look like, then this AIR anime will be really awsome!!

I'm so glad that characters doesn't look like Kanon Anime.

Weave
2004-06-01, 15:57
Oh. Hell yes.

I second that.

Haeleth
2004-06-01, 16:47
There's an anime called ONE based on another Key game??
Sort of. ONE was published under the Tactics/NEXTON brand, but most of the staff who made it then left Tactics and founded Key.

I have seen the first three episodes, and even with an obcession with Key, a winner is not anime One.
I don't know if it's true, but the rumour I heard was that the Key staff left Tactics because they didn't like the way the One anime was shaping up.
Doubtless someone more knowledgeable will now drop in to correct me. ;)

AzureLight
2004-06-01, 20:01
The anime of One blows.

It was even more boring than the anime OAV of I's. I wanted to bash my head in.

Heh. I saw the first episode, and just went to sleep. Dear me, ONE OAV was SO bad... if I was so obsessed with Key I'd go to K.S.S. and torch their branch that made the story for the anime.

But that'd also mean there would be no more H-game anime adaptations(since K.S.S are the only ones who dare to do that)... *shrugs*

Stranger
2004-06-01, 21:47
ONE had 4 OVA epsoides.... I got 1 and 2.... and the only resone I got 2 because I thought that the bloody thing will kick-off in the 2nd epsoide.... damn, the anime is soooooo bad that I still didn't try to get the game... and I am still worried about getting it...

any one got any comment about the game.... is it anything like the anime????

Air.... there will be 2 version of it... a movie and an anime..... man I am in love ;-).... hopfully the graphics will be much better then the game

Weave
2004-06-02, 02:01
Air.... there will be 2 version of it... a movie and an anime..... man I am in love ;-).... hopfully the graphics will be much better then the game

heck, as long as it ain't worse I'll bite.

K
2004-06-02, 16:47
hopfully the graphics will be much better then the game

Ignoring the spelling, you know you're asking for a lot? You're talking about art that's better than Air, not art that's better than Air's art.

omgwtflolz
2004-06-03, 04:21
Just for the sake of anyone who hasn't noticed yet, the movie site (http://air2004.com/)'s been updated.

3(}:-{[])>

Weave
2004-06-03, 13:41
from zero to wallpaper in notime flat.

Stranger
2004-06-03, 20:41
from zero to wallpaper in notime flat.hehee.. ya the image almost became my wallpaper... but I think I will keep the 3x3 Eyes background for a while yet ;-)

And yes, "k", the game graphics is good, but there is a big difference between still images and anime. that's why I am a bit worried about the anime. Kanon CG is not that good, but for still images is was exclent, now when it came to the anime... it was a disppontment. In this case we are talking about an anime, and not still images.

P.S. Just wait until you see my Japanses spelling... then comment on that (Stranger's evil laughter in the background)

Weave
2004-06-03, 23:48
so.....when does it come out?

Keisuke
2004-06-04, 09:50
so.....when does it come out?

2004年秋公開予定.

This fall.

Oh and I wouldn't really worry about the character design for AIR movie because it is Akami Kobayashi (小林明美) who's doing the character design for the movie. Her character designs from Shin Shirayuki Densetsu Pretear (AKA Pretear in U.S.) looked great.

Here are the screenshots of Pretear ( from www.kawaii.ru ):
1 (http://www.kawaii.ru/text/pretear1scr.jpg)
2 (http://www.kawaii.ru/text/pretear2scr.jpg)
3 (http://www.kawaii.ru/text/pretear3scr.jpg)

Well characters do kinda look too cute or pretty to me, but at least we don't have to worry about how the characters would look like in AIR movie anymore.

K
2004-06-04, 11:42
And yes, "k", the game graphics is good, but there is a big difference between still images and anime.

I wasn't talking about that. You said "hopefully the graphics will be much better than the game", implying that ogling a still frame of the Air anime should be better than playing Air (the game).

adun50
2004-06-04, 15:57
I wasn't talking about that. You said "hopefully the graphics will be much better than the game", implying that ogling a still frame of the Air anime should be better than playing Air (the game).

well it could come close to that. when the make movies, they have a lot more time, resources and money to produce a graphically high quality drawings, compared to a TV series where their budget is limited.

Keisuke
2004-06-11, 10:15
Spy(?) picture of AIR Anime TV ver.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/airtv.jpg

It doesn't look bad IMO.

Well, here's a new rumor.

KEY will show TV serise that will cover Dream and Summer scenario first, and then they will release the movie which will cover AIR scenario. (Just like Evangelion).

Weave
2004-06-11, 16:04
KEY will show TV serise that will cover Dream and Summer scenario first, and then they will release the movie which will cover AIR scenario. (Just like Evangelion).

dude, you just compared Air with Eva, isn't there some kinda law against that? :)

but that pic kinda disapoints me, it doesn't feel like Air. It looks like a generic anime to me, Kanon felt Key -ish but some would aregue that the whole hunormous eye thing was a tad much. Even so it's just ONE picture so I'll let it slide.

word puns are fun aren't they.

Keisuke
2004-06-11, 17:30
dude, you just compared Air with Eva, isn't there some kinda law against that? :)

Eh heheheh ^^;;;

http://helloworld.zive.net/gazo/dogaren/mov/330.mpeg

There is REALLY BIG DEBATING going on with this clip (weather it's fake or not).
Why? Because Misuzu's voice in this clip doesn't sound like seiyuu Kawakami Tomoko (Who is suppose to be Misuzu's Seiyuu for Air Anime) at all!!

I guess we really have to wait until TBS officially releases the Anime.

PS: Kawakami Tomoko did a Voice for Misuzu in AIR DC and PS2 ver. and she was also Sayuri in Kanon =)

PS2: On Seiyuu list of AIR anime (both TV and Movie), Ryouka Yuzuki has been confirmed on the list. She did a voice for Minagi in AIR DC and PS2 ver. ^^

Stranger
2004-06-11, 21:08
O_O!!!... does that mean the the image above suppose to be Misuzo!!!.. doesn't look like her to me???? That might add me to the list of diappinted people. But as Weave said, it is just one image.

Any way, if it is Air, I'll take it... (as Garfield said "with enough katchap, everything teast the same").

Haeleth
2004-06-12, 04:02
Good lord... they're going to turn AIR into 臣士魔法劇場リスキー☆セフティ? All that clip was missing was an 「あ! カブトさんです!」...

Weave
2004-06-12, 06:42
just watched the clip.

I think I need an insulin shot now.
That..voice.............
<smacks head into kotatsu>

ok, much better.

(no matter how much I complain, I'll still end up liking it probably.)

Mythia^
2004-06-12, 11:14
So, if I understand properly, the clip's voice for Misuzu isn't the same as the PS2 and DC's ?

I watched the clip, and I'm a bit disappointed on the chara design of Misuzu (if it's really her!). Too simple, not as good as the game's. She looks like an ordinary girl from a generic anime, like Weave said.
I hope the Misuzu from the movie will be better.

Her voice from the clip is... really high-pitched ^^

Aldareon
2004-06-12, 20:03
It might just be an early draft. The clip was very silent (ie no background music/ambience). I watched it once (before deleting it), and it doesn't give much clue as to which anime it's from - the clip was just a warning to minimize the risk of epilepsy (remember that pikachu incident?). For all you know it could be a misuzu wannabe, and there are a lot of wannabes in the world of anime ^_^

Still .. there's a good chance it's for air, so I'm hoping that it was just a draft. Maybe a voice change later. The voice is kinda cute though .. just hope it doesn't mean that she'll be just another bimbo in the series ^_^

zalas
2004-06-12, 22:24
If that's what I think it is, I believe it was an OLD doujin animation released on the net a while back (~1 year ago?) There was a thread on the key forums about it. The conclusion was that it was a MAD or something. (was the title misuzu3.mpeg or something?)

AzureLight
2004-06-12, 23:14
Hmmm... MAD ANIME releases many doujin fanvids (one of the most popular ones involves the song Love Phantom by B'z, i.e. EternalDreamS2), but... animated Air doujinvid? That's new...

Mythia^
2004-06-13, 01:37
Yep, I have just reviewed the beginning of the first episode of Kanon and I made a little comparison:
-From the game
http://haeleth.elvum.net/screenshots/kanon3.jpg
and
-From the anime
http://ibkteam.free.fr/nayuki.JPG

There's not so much differencies of chara design between these shots.
So, why Misuzu from the clip definitely doesn't look like the game's ? It's strange, maybe a doujin, like you said...

-Just another question off-topic for those who have seen Kanon anime.
On the beginning of the first episode, we hear Nayuki saying
"覚えてる。覚えてる。覚えてる!・・・大丈夫。覚えてるよ!"
(oboeteru. oboeteru. oboeteru! ... daijoubu, oboeteruyo!)
The french's fansub team for Kanon translated it by "I remember. I remember. I remember! ... It's okay, I remember!"
But there's no subject on the japanese's, no? And on the context of the story and events, it's Nayuki who is hoping for Yuuichi to remember of her...
It must be "He'll remember. [...] ... It's okay, he'll remember!"

So if it's that, my french's version of Kanon sucks :/

Weave
2004-06-13, 03:56
wow, never thought of it like that. I think that's exactly what she means!
You learn something new everyday I guess.

zalas
2004-06-13, 05:08
MAD has turned into a term for a genre of audiovisual productions. The original group was called MAD (or was it M@D, I forget). Basically, MADs are audiovisual productions made by fans parodying, imitating other more well known works.

Keisuke
2004-06-13, 05:09
There's not so much differencies of chara design between these shots.
So, why Misuzu from the clip definitely doesn't look like the game's ? It's strange, maybe a doujin, like you said...

There's a high possibility that AIR Anime character design will look different compare to AIR game character deisign since Itaru isn't doing the chracter design for Anime ver...(At least not in the movie... Akami Kobayashi is the one who's doing character design for the movie.)

Personally, I'm not hoping that character design on Anime will look same as Itaru's character design.

zalas
2004-06-13, 09:06
If the AIR character designs for the TV/Movie end up looking like the one in that mpeg, I'm going to cry.

Keisuke
2004-07-08, 15:08
Hi guys... back from trip =)

oh and...

http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/misumv.jpg

*COUGH*misuzuAIRmovieversiondesign*COUGH*

Stranger
2004-07-08, 20:57
welcome back,
wow nice image.... finaly an anime where the school uniform is longer then a mini skirt ;-)

asahi
2004-07-09, 00:31
‚킽‚µ‚ÍLia‚³‚ñ‚ª‘å?D‚«‚Å‚·?I’¹‚ÌŽ?‚ªˆê”Ô?D‚«?I

zalas
2004-07-10, 16:18
Well, it looks like the film is going to be ~91 minutes long according to the director's diary.
And by the recently released list of Seiyuu, it looks like they are going to cover Misuzu's scenario, along with Summer and most likely AIR.
http://www.air2004.com/cast.html
In English: http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/moin.cgi/Movie_20Cast (shameless promotion >.>)

Aldareon
2004-07-10, 17:20
Great! Anything about 90 minutes is normal for a movie, so it shouldn't be a dissapointment (hopefully). So then I guess this means the movie comes out before the TV series?

zalas
2004-07-10, 17:32
I don't actually know. It certainly looks like the movie will show before the TV series, but when the DVD comes out is anyone's guess.

Speaking of which, Potato is awesome. I started playing thru the game again on the Dreamcast :)

K
2004-07-11, 12:27
Potato is awesome.

Especially as a hamburger.

Weave
2004-07-12, 04:47
I prefer potato chips, but mashed potato is my favourite.

Haeleth
2004-07-12, 07:17
I prefer potato chips...
Ah, but when you say that, do you mean crisps or fries? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

zalas
2004-07-12, 08:26
Potato chips? Did Hijiri lose her patience with Potato finally? =P

AzureLight
2004-07-12, 17:20
Shoestring-type potato chips! They are love.

Aldareon
2004-07-12, 21:39
Shoestring .. you mean fries! (French/Freedom depending on your locale ;)
Heh heh .. the image of a poor fattened little potato looking on helplessly as Hijiri sharpens two knives with mean intent and the sound of boiling oil in the background comes to mind ^_^

AzureLight
2004-07-13, 01:52
Don't forget the baked beans.

Haeleth
2004-07-13, 10:10
Heh heh .. the image of a poor fattened little potato looking on helplessly as Hijiri sharpens two knives with mean intent and the sound of boiling oil in the background comes to mind ^_^

Scalpels, not knives. This is Hijiri we're talking about, right?

2004-07-24, 23:52
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/airtvp.jpg

Character design of AIR TV has been released.

Minagi..... ^^

Keisuke
2004-07-24, 23:54
DAMN IT THIS IS THE 3RD TIME THAT I FORGOT TO LOG IN BEFORE I POST!!

Aldareon
2004-07-25, 00:17
mmmm .. AIR TV ... *drools* ... lovely character designs! Very true to the game, not like the video everyone was talking about. Now that's a relief! ^_^

I sure hope that it would be more than the standard 13-or-so episodes. Now I'm even MORE confused on which one comes out first ~_~

Scalpels, not knives. This is Hijiri we're talking about, right?
I was thinking that sharpening two knives against each other would be more appropriate in a kitchen .. but dissecting potato isn't such a bad idea either!

zalas
2004-07-25, 06:55
Hrm... I wonder how they will incorporate all three girls into the TV series... And I hope those images are the actual character designs instead of just magazine/promotional art (like how the Wind TV Minamo looks nothing like the one that's in the background of the website)

By the way, what magazine is that from? It's not Comptiq is it?

Keisuke
2004-07-25, 07:31
I've been told that that AIR Anime picture is a cover of BS-i TV program catalog.

So it's 100% real.

Haeleth
2004-07-25, 14:55
Coo, looks like this is shaping up to be the first game -> anime conversion I actually get excited about.

I was thinking that sharpening two knives against each other would be more appropriate in a kitchen .. but dissecting potato isn't such a bad idea either!
Hijiri does all her catering in her office, remember? The only sharp objects she has to hand are her beloved scalpel... oh, and that rusty old saw she makes Yukito go bamboo hunting with for the nagashi-soumen, of course.

Saw or scalpel? I feel sorry for Potato either way...

adun50
2004-07-25, 16:16
DAMN IT THIS IS THE 3RD TIME THAT I FORGOT TO LOG IN BEFORE I POST!!

you know you could always click the checkbox near the log-in to keep you logged in.

as for Air TV, YAY!!! when ever this gets released i'll stop all other d/l to gets this. looking forward to it. but i have a feeling it'll be just 13 eps, i don't see it reaching 24 or 26 eps

Talbain
2004-07-26, 01:01
What game is Air related to? (i.e., how about some piccies? ;P) Oh yes, and maybe her browser doesn't support cookies? (Or cookies aren't turned on... or any of the other million reasons a login might not work.)

Haeleth
2004-07-26, 02:56
What game is Air related to? (i.e., how about some piccies? ;P)
Voila. (http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/product/air/indexall.htm)

bbcjoke
2004-07-26, 05:31
Key is being mean to me. They don't let me acess their website. O_o
EDIT: hum, now things are back to normal. Maybe their server was down the whole day yesterday... or maybe too many otakus trying to see the Air TV section...

Keisuke
2004-07-26, 14:46
About Potato...

Hmmm I thought Potato already was a official Football ball for Hijiri if I remember it right...

Talbain
2004-07-26, 14:55
Thanks Haeleth. =D

zalas
2004-07-26, 17:18
I've been told that that AIR Anime picture is a cover of BS-i TV program catalog.

Hrm... I wonder where I can acquire said catalog without travelling to Japan >.>;;

as for Air TV, YAY!!! when ever this gets released i'll stop all other d/l to gets this. looking forward to it. but i have a feeling it'll be just 13 eps, i don't see it reaching 24 or 26 eps
Hopefully I'll be involved in fansubbing this :) Lucky people going to TBS's anime fair get to see it first >.>;;

Speaking of which, and being a little off topic, has anyone talked to ChaoticReign recently? I sent him an email of the possibility of translator(s) in my group helping out with the AIR translation about a couple of weeks ago and he still hasn't replied.

Aldareon
2004-07-27, 02:56
Maybe Chaotic's out on holidays? Last time Chaotic posted a message was like 4 months ago. Then again, maybe the email just got lost ^_^

I just saw Shrek 2 and I couldn't help but notice that the pup in the movie (almost) bears a striking resemblance to potato. I found myself looking for a "piko" during some of the scenes ^_^

zalas
2004-07-27, 06:23
It looks like Chaotic posted a post (his first) on Animesuki a few weeks ago. :/

Haeleth
2004-08-06, 09:45
Rayearth just posted a message on RAML pointing out a nasty little change to the AIR movie website (http://www.air2004.com).

To save your eyes, I'll add that it's in the small print under the picture. It's the bit that used to say "Autumn 2004" and now says "1Q 2005"...

Weave
2004-08-06, 19:47
that sux, but I'd rather wait than have it poorly done.

It's better to wait and eat fully cooked taiyaki, than eat it early and have it all nasty inside; cause I have and it ain't cool.

Keisuke
2004-08-06, 23:27
Huh? really? I still see it as...

*clicks on 'Refresh'*

damn.....

Well, I guess this makes that TV ver. will be before that movie?
Along with higher posibility that AIR movie will probably be the last episode for AIR TV ver (AIR scenario).....

AstCd2
2004-08-07, 05:16
A couple of new pictures for those of us keeping track:

http://www.roflol.net/meow/tv.jpg
http://www.roflol.net/meow/movie.jpg

From the TV series and the Movie respectively.

adun50
2004-08-07, 05:42
by any chance can you tell us the source of those pics? but yeah so it seems that the TV series will air before the movie, but i'm not fussed.

AstCd2
2004-08-07, 08:00
The pictures were obtained from Moon Phase, the popular Japanese Anime/Manga/Renai Gaming news source. They presumably scanned it from a magazine, though I couldn't tell you which one just by looking.

Moon Phase is here:
http://www.moonphase.cc/

The relevant page is here:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20040807

Apart from the pictures, it also goes over the staff and cast (the same as in the game, as previously noted), and tells us that it'll be done by Kyoto Animation. IMHO, they're better than Toei (who did Kanon).

Keisuke
2004-08-07, 19:18
Thank you for the images AstCd2.

Hmmmm AIR TV ver character is VERY KANON ANIME-ish!!!! I still like it though =)

zalas
2004-08-08, 06:42
Rayearth just posted a message on RAML pointing out a nasty little change to the AIR movie website (http://www.air2004.com).

To save your eyes, I'll add that it's in the small print under the picture. It's the bit that used to say "Autumn 2004" and now says "1Q 2005"...
No wonder the preorders for movie tickets carried on into late september...
Oh well, at least we get to see promos soon ^^; (*goes off to see if he can get someone in Japan to preorder tickets for him just to get the extras DVD*)

Weave
2004-08-08, 19:12
Thank you for the images AstCd2.

Hmmmm AIR TV ver character is VERY KANON ANIME-ish!!!! I still like it though =)

wow, you say that like it's a bad thing....

Keisuke
2004-08-08, 22:53
Nah I really like it actually. For some reason, Movie design looks more kinda awkward to me.

Haeleth
2004-08-09, 02:18
The mouths are all wrong in the TV designs... Misuzu looks even dopier than she really is. The overall effect is of a rather incompetent doujin. Ah well, I'm sure it'll look better when it's moving...

Reading through the CV lists... whoa, is Michiru really voiced by the same seiyuu as Mai?!

AstCd2
2004-08-09, 23:10
Yeah, Tamura Yukari has precisely two modes of voice acting:
The "quiet, raspy voice" from Kanon, Onegai Teacher, etc, and the "hyper-squeaky voice" from Air, Pita-ten, Da Capo and so on.

Aldareon
2004-08-10, 21:28
Hmm .. I think I prefer the first mode better .. more pleasing, and the second mode can get irritating depending on my mood ^_^
The mouths are all wrong in the TV designs
Are the animations for the TV and movie done by the same company?

AstCd2
2004-08-10, 23:39
Nope. Movie will still be done by Toei, while Kyoto animation does the TV series. I'd have to say the movie is looking in better shape at this point, despite the now-confirmed absence of some likable characters.

Interestingly enough, no one's been cast for Tachibana Keisuke in either production yet. I can't imagine him being cut out, though, being a key (if you'll pardon the pun) character and all. I suppose we'll find out closer to the date.

adun50
2004-08-11, 02:26
well you can only fit so much into a movie. but if the animation is still being done by Toei, it does look good so far. although i'm not too fussed about it.

and as a side note, i just noted AstCd2, Aldareon and myself are all from Australia, lol

Stranger
2004-08-11, 02:39
and as a side note, i just noted AstCd2, Aldareon and myself are all from Australia, lolmy intreaste in Air have just gone down under :-)

Any way, don't know about you guys, but I still think what Garfield said is true, "With enough Katch-up everything teast the same"

Although to tell the truth, lately anime quilty have been going up, so I was hopeing for somthing like "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" graphics... oh well... I'll watch no matter what... raw if I have too!!!!

But hey, length wise, anybody have details about the length of the movie, and the serice, also will the serice be a full half hour, is it going to be like Wind and HaniHani 15 minutes??

AstCd2
2004-08-11, 05:45
Always good to see fellow Australians =)

As far as I know, the movie will be about 90 minutes, while the series is 12 episodes comprising of 20 minutes each.

If I'm not mistaken, the TV spot (for the movie) will be available online from tomorrow onwards (tomorrow being the 12th of August). Ought to be interesting to see how it turns out.

The details:
http://www.air2004.com/news.html

Haeleth
2004-08-11, 06:03
Grief, have you looked at the CM schedule? All the TV slots are at like 1 or 2 in the morning! I guess they really aren't going after mainstream audiences...

Keisuke
2004-08-11, 07:55
Just incase if you guys haven't noticed, AIR TV Website is open now (Well, sort of..).

http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/

procyon
2004-08-11, 09:03
Grief, have you looked at the CM schedule? All the TV slots are at like 1 or 2 in the morning! I guess they really aren't going after mainstream audiences...

Its otaku anime hour :)

Just about all anime that isn't targeted at kids (Naruto, etc.) gets shown at around that time... so its perfect for hitting the target audience

zalas
2004-08-11, 10:09
Took a look at the commercial already. It was .... very short ... (15 second typical spot). I have to say that the puppet wasn't what I thought it would look like. ^^;

Interestingly enough, no one's been cast for Tachibana Keisuke in either production yet. I can't imagine him being cut out, though, being a key (if you'll pardon the pun) character and all. I suppose we'll find out closer to the date.

Since you're not supposed to know about his details until way later in the story, it might not be necessary to announce his seiyuu so soon. The original AIR site just lists him as 'a mysterious man' and don't even list the Summer characters.

EDIT: Just posted a translated version of the 15 second commercial at http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/moin.cgi/FansubStatus for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

Aldareon
2004-08-11, 19:05
COOOOL .. fansub groups are already fired up 'n ready to go whenever AIR comes out! Heh heh .. at least the releases won't be a long wait then ^_^
I'll watch no matter what... raw if I have too!!!!
Guess that depends how long Stranger's willing to wait ...
still waiting ...
ANYHOW,
the series is 12 episodes comprising of 20 minutes each.
12 eps ONLY???? That's even shorter than Kanon! And the game's supposed to be longer too .. I feel like the anime's gonna leave me hanging ~_~
and as a side note, i just noted AstCd2, Aldareon and myself are all from Australia, lol
Who knows, maybe we even know each other ^_^
hmm .. my identity could be compromised .... I've said too much ..
*begins blending into the shadows like a true paranoid*

zalas
2004-08-11, 19:15
Hrm... I still haven't heard back from Chaotic_Reign... :(
Say, Haeleth, do you think you can send me the tools you sent him, so my group can start working on the parts he hasn't done yet so we can combine scripts at a later point? It's just that the movie has been delayed till 2005 and my translator is getting a little bored :D

adun50
2004-08-11, 21:55
As far as I know, the movie will be about 90 minutes, while the series is 12 episodes comprising of 20 minutes each.

but does that exclude the opening and ending theme?? if it doesn't then it'll be 24 mins, which is usaully how long one episode goes for

Who knows, maybe we even know each other ^_^

maybe, maybe not. well just to let you know, i am a member of JAUWS (Japanese Animation University of Western Sydney)

back to topic......

i'm curious as to know which groups and how many are going to sub Air. although i'd probably download all of them coz some groups do better jobs than others

Weave
2004-08-11, 21:58

that also means it could have more fanservice, but in all honesty I just want to hear what kinda music they're gonna use. I am such a audio-otaku...

Stranger
2004-08-11, 22:33
that also means it could have more fanserviceO.O!!.... Stranger thinks for a second.... ..... ..... (the second is getting longer)..... droll!!!!

Stranger wipe's his mouth... I will watch it for the story... Stanger thanks again.... droll again... oh man, have to stop thinking before I droll all over the place.

Oh well.... at the very lesst... it is not a half serice like Wind and HaniHani.

Keisuke
2004-08-11, 23:50
that also means it could have more fanservice,

LMAO...

What kind of fanservice are you hoping for? XP

If AIR TV does have a fanservice, I really wonder what kind of fanservice would fit on it...

Haeleth
2004-08-12, 01:03
Hmm, it really IS a short CM, isn't it? Ah well, it looks good, and it's nice to see them sticking with 鳥の詩 (my favourite Key song by far).

Say, Haeleth, do you think you can send me the tools you sent him, so my group can start working on the parts he hasn't done yet so we can combine scripts at a later point?
Sure, I'll try to put a working build together for you. Might take a little while though. ;)
Can you handle Cygwin EXEs? 'Twould make my life easier...

AstCd2
2004-08-12, 02:52
Certainly not an ad that gives away much. Then again, they're probably targeting established fans already familiar with the material. Looks quite promising from a technical point of view, though.

Music-wise, I hope they'll keep the other major tracks like 夏影 too. New music, for me, would fail to capture the right mood.

P.S.
Have you not been reading your mail lately, Haeleth? I haven't gotten any replies from you lately =)

Haeleth
2004-08-12, 03:13
Have you not been reading your mail lately, Haeleth? I haven't gotten any replies from you lately =)
*Mumblemumble* workbacklog *mumblemumble* sister'swedding *mumble* <strike>lazy</strike> *mumble*

・・・しまった、申し訳ありません。 (泉汗)
えっと、今真っ直ぐ読んで返事を書くから安心してくださ~い・・・!

AstCd2
2004-08-12, 03:48
Took a look at the commercial already. It was .... very short ... (15 second typical spot). I have to say that the puppet wasn't what I thought it would look like. ^^;

Heh, have to agree with you there.

Since you're not supposed to know about his details until way later in the story, it might not be necessary to announce his seiyuu so soon. The original AIR site just lists him as 'a mysterious man' and don't even list the Summer characters.

True. I see that a certain other crucial character in Summer hasn't been listed yet either, so you're probably right.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me to see even more characters written out of the story. If they're aiming to do Summer and Air in 90 minutes, they're going to have a pretty hard time keeping things coherent.

HisuiIBMPower4
2004-08-12, 04:23
Hmm, it really IS a short CM, isn't it? Ah well, it looks good, and it's nice to see them sticking with 鳥の詩 (my favourite Key song by far).

Say, Haeleth, do you think you can send me the tools you sent him, so my group can start working on the parts he hasn't done yet so we can combine scripts at a later point?
Sure, I'll try to put a working build together for you. Might take a little while though. ;)
"Cygwin EXE"Do you mean that Bash emulator for windows?I'm interested in it too.But after I installed it on my win2k os.I found that"Bash" was locked in it's install folder can't explore/access the any other partition of my hdd and with no GCC can't compile source codes.Can you solve such problem?If you can please tell me how

zalas
2004-08-12, 05:19

I'm not quite sure what differentiates Cygwin EXEs from regular EXEs, other than perhaps Cygwin libraries, which I might be able to download from somewhere. Right now I haven't been using Cygwin, but have been using MingW instead to do builds, etc. By the way, does the dumper/inserter support comment lines? Like, I would like to keep the Japanese next to the English in the script, but commented out. That way, it will make translation checking/editing a whole lot easier.
Anyways, thanks for the help! :)

Stranger
2004-08-12, 06:50
"Cygwin EXE"Do you mean that Bash emulator for windows?I'm interested in it too.But after I installed it on my win2k os.I found that"Bash" was locked in it's install folder can't explore/access the any other partition of my hdd and with no GCC can't compile source codes.Can you solve such problem?If you can please tell me how1st Cygwin is not a BASH emulator.

any way, to access the other drivers <tt>cd /cygdrive/< drive ></tt>, example to access "c" drive <tt>cd /cygdrive/c</tt> (note: you can always use the TAB key in BASH)

Just wandering.... are we going off topic?.... again!!!!.. oh wait.... this will help on getting the next patch of Air..... ok... we are still on topic

zalas
2004-08-12, 06:59
Speaking of which, how did this topic disappear? o_O
I can't find it in the forum topic list, had to click on Stranger's last post to get in @_@

adun50
2004-08-12, 07:16
Speaking of which, how did this topic disappear? o_O
I can't find it in the forum topic list, had to click on Stranger's last post to get in @_@

it happens now and then, i had to click on your profile to access the thread slightly discussed here http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php?t=109

Haeleth
2004-08-12, 09:10
I'm not quite sure what differentiates Cygwin EXEs from regular EXEs, other than perhaps Cygwin libraries, which I might be able to download from somewhere.
Cygwin EXEs are dependent on the Cygwin DLL, that's the only real difference. Since you don't have it installed, I might as well build a native Windows version, it's not much more work.

By the way, does the dumper/inserter support comment lines? Like, I would like to keep the Japanese next to the English in the script, but commented out. That way, it will make translation checking/editing a whole lot easier.
Think in terms of "disassembler/compiler" rather than "dumper/inserter" - although by default it does put the script in a separate file from the source code, so you can treat it as a dumper if you don't want to get into all the fun of proper AVG32 programming. (4126 registers and no stack, yay!)

To answer the question, yes, it does support comments. ;)

zalas
2004-08-12, 11:01
Think in terms of "disassembler/compiler" rather than "dumper/inserter" - although by default it does put the script in a separate file from the source code, so you can treat it as a dumper if you don't want to get into all the fun of proper AVG32 programming. (4126 registers and no stack, yay!)

To answer the question, yes, it does support comments. ;)
Wow, even better. I was thinking of doing a similar thing for Tenshi no Inai 12 Gatsu, but couldn't figure out a good way to separate the scripts from text and still allow expandability of dialogue. (I think tenina uses commands for each line)
Well, looking forward to it :)

2004-08-12, 11:18
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/airdvd.jpg

AIR DVD... I'm pretty sure its Region 2.. T^T

Keisuke
2004-08-12, 11:19
BTW, does anyone know what's in that DVD? It's 3 disc... kinda too many for 'just' containing interviews...

(Yeah... the Guest above me is ME again..)

zalas
2004-08-12, 11:56
That's the omake DVD that comes with the theater ticket preorder package (Still trying to see if I can get them ^^;)

The official site has:
(1)初公開のイメージクリップ
(2)川上とも子さん、久川綾さん、緑川光さんによるインタビュー
(3)テレビスポット映像2バージョン収録

So let's see, the first released image clip, plus interviews with Tomoko Kawakami (Misuzu), Aya Hisakawa (Haruko) and Hikaru Midorikawa (Yukito) (man that's a lot of 'kawa's ) and 2 versions of the television commercials.

zalas
2004-08-12, 20:26
*bump because otherwise it's almost impossible to access this thread*
Just took a look at the 2nd AIR Movie commercial and I have to say this is much better and gorgeous looking :) </kanna fanboyism>
There is a semispoilerish scene in there though, but I don't think the viewer will get it until they've gotten there.

AstCd2
2004-08-12, 21:04
It's certainly raised my expectations =)
The new music isn't bad either.

zalas
2004-08-12, 21:05
Aozora was an image song used in the last part of AIR. Personally I like the second commercial better. :)

AstCd2
2004-08-12, 21:09
Ah, you're right.
Guess this means I can keep hoping they'll keep all the old music =P

Stranger
2004-08-12, 21:37
Just took a look at the 2nd AIR Movie commercial and I have to say this is much better and gorgeous looking :)aaaa..... what 2nd commercail!!! I couldn't find it anywhere... any hint on how to get it??

P.S. AFAIK you need no modifcation on any source code when shifting from cygwin to MinGW, unless you use X on cygwin, or some UNIX specific lib. Other wise they both use the same base compiler (GCC). (I uselly shift between the 2 depending on my mood, but of late I've only been using MinGW on the Win32 box)

AstCd2
2004-08-12, 21:46
You can find it here:
http://www.air2004.com/pv.html

There's a much better version floating around on P2P, but if you can't get your hands on it, the people who subbed the first one are going to come up with the second one any day now.

Haeleth
2004-08-13, 01:00
Mmm, the second CM is even better. The Summer stuff looks very promising.

We still need more Uraha though - ideally they'd cut out all the Yukito/Misuzu stuff and turn the whole thing into Uraha Vs. Minagi (Whoever Wins, We Win™).

AFAIK you need no modifcation on any source code when shifting from cygwin to MinGW, unless you use X on cygwin, or some UNIX specific lib. Other wise they both use the same base compiler (GCC).
Well, the main point of using Cygwin is to have access to POSIX stuff like <tt>mmap()</tt> instead of faffing about with <tt>MakeViewOfFile()</tt>. So far as I can see, MinGW is basically obsolete now that MS give their optimising compiler away for free...

zalas
2004-08-13, 05:44
The second commercial (fansubbed, okay so it's only like 2 lines ~_~) is out.
Get it at the usual place :3

There's actually a third version floating around.
It's the Osaka version (the first version), but with a vocal version of natsukage(夏影) as the backing music. Otherwise, the visuals all look the same, so I don't think we're going to bother with this one.

Korgath
2004-08-13, 07:04
Looks promising, I have to admit. I wonder how they'll succeed in squeezing the entire game (apparently?) in 2 hours though. A lot of the charm of Key games is the DORAMA which (IMO) needs a lot of time to have maximum effect. I kind of felt the same way about the Kanon anime after I completed the game; Mai's anime "ending" for example was simply not nearly as dramatic as in the game. Oh well, I guess it's kind of the same as the age old "the book is better than the movie" argument. I'm sure it'll be entertaining at the very least, like the Kanon anime.

If this movie does not have Hijiri partaking in some breathtaking scalpel action I will promptly denounce it, however. Preferably on Potato.

zalas
2004-08-13, 07:11
piko piko piko~
Looking at http://anime.powerbean.jp/AIR/image/air-top1.jpg, who is that girl on the top left?

ROT13: Vf vg Xnaan, Henun be gur tvey sebz gur cnfg va Xnab'f fpranevb?

Korgath
2004-08-13, 10:23
Good question... at first I thought it would be "U" but I don't remember her ever wearing a white kimono. Then I thought "Oh, so it's K" but she doesn't have black hair (then again, that might just be the picture). I'm gonna put my money on her being the woman from the past, but only because I don't remember how she looked like exactly.

zalas
2004-08-13, 14:37
After reading thru several pages of 2ch style AIR boards, I have to say that I'm not the big fanboy I thought I was ^^;

And apparently there's like 2 versions of each commercial for Osaka and Tokyo. But I think in terms of footage, (ignoring the preorder details at the end), there's only 3. The tori no uta one, the natsukage one and the aozora one.

Aldareon
2004-08-13, 15:01
I wonder how they'll succeed in squeezing the entire game (apparently?) in 2 hours though
I was thinking about that, but then I realized that there's the movie as well which means that essentially there's actually about 3.5 hours of air time (was that a pun??) to play around with. Like .. one scenario for the series and one for the movie? Hopefully the movie won't just simply be a rehash of the series, like many other anime movies tend to do.

Weave
2004-08-16, 02:05
hey Zalas, got any of those commercials?

nevermind, found'em

http://air2004.com/pv.html

zalas
2004-08-16, 06:12
There's also a bittorrent link at http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/moin.cgi/FansubStatus if you want mq subbed versions. And if you want, I can probably try to send you the originals if you want to catch me on IRC.

Haeleth
2004-08-16, 14:33
Good question... at first I thought it would be "U" but I don't remember her ever wearing a white kimono. Then I thought "Oh, so it's K" but she doesn't have black hair (then again, that might just be the picture). I'm gonna put my money on her being the woman from the past, but only because I don't remember how she looked like exactly.
Are you sure it's not K? Her hair may not be black, but it's a pretty dark bluish-grey. It's definitely not S (the one you're betting on :), hers is very long and bunched forward over one shoulder - think Akiko without the plaiting.

K
2004-08-16, 15:25
*gets confused*

Haeleth
2004-08-16, 15:33
Not you. ;)

Keisuke
2004-08-16, 19:35
That girl on the top left is DEFINITLY K.

Neither U or Y had a ribboned hair like that girl in Summer scenario.

Korgath
2004-08-17, 02:36
Yeah, I noticed that too later on.. I guess it really is K.

Weave
2004-08-18, 00:34
hey I noticed something. It says it'll be premiering at the Ikekuburo Sunshine Cinema, which is basically where they held Anime Expo Tokyo last January. Since Air's supposedly coming out first quarter 05, that would put it right in the timeframe of the next Anime Expo. They could be planning on showing it there.

I hope to God I'm right, cause I am soooo there next year.

Another thing, where is the preordering taking place? I don't want my money anymore.

Aldareon
2004-08-18, 00:48
How early do the preorders normally come? It's still like 6 months away .. must be really popular, huh?

zalas
2004-08-18, 14:11
hey I noticed something. It says it'll be premiering at the Ikekuburo Sunshine Cinema, which is basically where they held Anime Expo Tokyo last January. Since Air's supposedly coming out first quarter 05, that would put it right in the timeframe of the next Anime Expo. They could be planning on showing it there.

I hope to God I'm right, cause I am soooo there next year.

Another thing, where is the preordering taking place? I don't want my money anymore.
That will be ... interesting...
I believe you can preorder the preorder package on animate.tv
Not sure about other places.
I'm still working to find someone in Japan to buy a set for me ^^;
You can also pick one up at animate, gamers and tora no ana I believe starting the 21st.

EDIT:
Thread disappeared again ;_;

Weave
2004-08-19, 01:13
Sw33t!
There goes my new computer money.......

AstCd2
2004-08-21, 02:32
http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/dvd/pickup/air/air.html

As Zalas noted above, you can get it now from Toranoana. Wish the box were a little fancier, though.

Edit: Seems like the first two have sold out already, and there aren't many of the third ones left either ^^;. Pretty quick, given that today is meant to be the first day.

zalas
2004-08-21, 21:33
Hrm... looks like I won't be able to get one ;_;
Did take a look at some rips of it floating around.
The image clip is beautiful :D

Misuzu's seiyuu is sounding a bit odd, so maybe she's just older and doesn't sound like the old Misuzu anymore :(

It is nice to see Kano and Minagi also make a brief appearance. :)

I guess it's time to start fansubbing this :D

AstCd2
2004-08-21, 23:56
I was a little disappointed in that they don't really show much animation beyond that which was in the trailers, but style-wise, it's very pretty indeed, especially in the scenes for Summer. Seems like they've completely rewritten the originally rather comical scene where the two main characters meet to make it more serious, too.

You've got my complete agreement on Misuzu's voice. There's a slight improvement in the scene where she's actually talking to Yukito (which, admittedly, I may have imagined), but it still doesn't sound quite "right". It's not the sort of voice you can imagine saying "Nihaha" or "Gao" anymore ^^;.

Weave
2004-08-22, 05:22
I concur, but come on lets face it how many trailers give false impressions of movies? Until I see it I'm gonna beleive it's best thing since unsliced bread. If it does suck....at least we get new/more music based on Air and thats good enough for me.

zalas
2004-08-22, 08:56
You've got my complete agreement on Misuzu's voice. There's a slight improvement in the scene where she's actually talking to Yukito (which, admittedly, I may have imagined), but it still doesn't sound quite "right". It's not the sort of voice you can imagine saying "Nihaha" or "Gao" anymore ^^;.

Great, now I just imagined Yukito's mom saying 'gao gao' and 'nihaha' ~_~

This promo does remind me of old movies, where they show images and then show a black screen with text for the dialogue.

The shot of Misuzu at the end was really nice.

bbcjoke
2004-08-27, 05:10
The Triad has released the fansubbed version of the 9 minute promo of the Air movie! I can't wait to get it! Anyway, here is the link to their site:
http://www.the-triad.org/

JudicatorOmega
2004-08-27, 13:11
I just happened to be looking around and found that today: its awesome! Looking at the trailer is like looking at a moving slideshow with the characters explaining the basic story. Theres got to be over 150 people seeding this right now.

I have no idea whats actualy going on since I don't know Japanese and you guys are confusing sometimes. When does this movie come out? Will there be a TV series also?

adun50
2004-08-27, 15:33
damn, i'm still downloading it on my dial-up GGRR!!

anyway, the movie is to be released in 2005 around the start of the year if i remember correctly. the TV series comes out around the end of this year before the movie does.

zalas
2004-08-27, 16:12
*sigh* Triad beat me to it. Oh well, mine will be out soon, I hope ^^;
I believe the scheduled air date for AIR TV is 2005 according to the bs-i site.

Keisuke
2004-08-27, 19:58
Wow??? Minagi and Kano is in the movie??!!!! I thought they won't be seen in the movie because their Seiyuu wasn't on the movie seiyuu list!! Sweet!

zalas
2004-08-27, 20:34
Either that, or they'll just only be showing them briefly, since you do meet them a little bit in the game even if you go by Misuzu's scenario.

Keisuke
2004-08-27, 22:42
You are probably right... Michiru is no where to be seen on that short Minagi scene...

Minagi without Michiru = No Story -__-

Korgath
2004-08-28, 00:39
She must be present, for the sake of physical underage violence!

Some of the best parts of Air was fast-forwarding through scenes with Michiru in it, since you'd realize that nearly every encounter with her would end with Yukito and her beating each other up.

zalas
2004-08-28, 06:58
Hehe, Michiru and Yukito are like Hydrogen and Oxygen or like Dogs and Cats haha. Everytime they fight I imagine a dog and cat fighting back and forth ^^;

K
2004-08-28, 11:31
So two of Michiru and one Yukito form water?

Haeleth
2004-08-28, 11:37
Yup.

Coming out of Yukito's eyes.

Weave
2004-08-29, 02:08
you do realize that you've created a Chemistry joke out of Air........thats just wrong.

and funny to boot.

Aldareon
2004-08-29, 06:02
I've only seen the two tv teasers (bad quality ones too). Not in the mood to download the others right now. If people are doubting Michiru's existence, then does that mean that the lovable potato doesn't exist as well?? I can't see a seiyuu for potato!! (Hmm .. Michiru .. that's the red-head with long antenae at both sides, right?)

Can't remember if potato was IN the teasers .. it was all too fast for me to make out anything solid!

Haeleth
2004-08-29, 07:05
I can't see a seiyuu for potato!
That doesn't prove anything... he's not listed in the CV lists for the DC or PS2 versions, either, and nor for that matter are any of the characters in SUMMER.

Out of interest, does anyone know who voiced Potato in the game? I can't seem to find it stated anywhere.

zalas
2004-08-29, 20:47
I looked in my DC booklet and don't seem to be able to find it.
Oh, and I took a look at the AIR TV site about their two little messages from the Director and the Series Compositor. I believe both of them felt quite nervous about doing this series, with the series compositor also being extremely happy, since the original material had a huge fanbase and they didn't want to run counter to the image everyone had. I hope this means they took extra care in this adaptation. :D

Oh, and I find it amusing that they decided to put a disclaimer at the end of the disc credits for the AIR Special Disc. Basically they said that the shaking of the video and the noise was intentional. :D

Oh, and my version of the Image Clip is done. Sorry for the wait :( It's available at the same place as the commercials were before.

AstCd2
2004-08-29, 22:58
I can't see a seiyuu for potato!
Out of interest, does anyone know who voiced Potato in the game? I can't seem to find it stated anywhere.

A lady named Konno Hiromi, apparently. Whether she'll be back for the TV series (and whether we'll be able to tell the difference if she's not) is another mystery altogether =P

http://anime.nifty.com/act/data/s000000040.htm

zalas
2004-08-29, 23:01
Ooh, thanks for the info. *jots it down onto page*

Aldareon
2004-08-30, 15:25
nor for that matter are any of the characters in SUMMER.
Are the characters so insignificant that Key thought they didn't deserve any credit for the work they've done? I find that pretty sad :(

Weave
2004-08-30, 23:59
The movie seems to be alot more serious than the game, but it's still too early to tell. I'm really surprised at the animation quality. It's light years ahead of Kanon (I'm going to Otaku Hell for that one), but they had better have new music. I loved the game music to death, I just want MORE of it that's all.

adun50
2004-08-31, 00:10
The movie seems to be alot more serious than the game, but it's still too early to tell. I'm really surprised at the animation quality. It's light years ahead of Kanon (I'm going to Otaku Hell for that one)

*prepares Weave to goto Otaku Hell*

but yeah, i do agree that the animation has improved. as for new muisc, i'm sure they'll surprise us somehow

AstCd2
2004-08-31, 00:44
The movie seems to be alot more serious than the game, but it's still too early to tell. I'm really surprised at the animation quality. It's light years ahead of Kanon (I'm going to Otaku Hell for that one), but they had better have new music. I loved the game music to death, I just want MORE of it that's all.

Well, it is a movie, after all =P.
I trust Kyoto animation will do a better job with the TV series too, though.

As for the music, it seems like they're just going to use the old tracks (which is perfectly fine by me). Perhaps they'll use some of those "unused tracks" on the Air OST, too.

Haeleth
2004-08-31, 01:55
Are the characters so insignificant that Key thought they didn't deserve any credit for the work they've done? I find that pretty sad :(
I imagine their names are in the ending credits, they just aren't in the official character lists on the web. It's not so much a case of insignificance, as of avoiding spoilers, I think...

Korgath
2004-08-31, 02:35
This is a bit off-topic, but I don't feel like making an entire new topic about it so here goes.

There's a CG in the PS2 version of Air that I found quite odd. If you go to Appendix --> Kanna, then look at the left-most CG from the second row (the one with the mother and her kid at the festival) you'll see a woman in the background (to the right of the mother)... topless. You don't actually "see" anything but, as far as my eyes tell me, it's obvious that she isn't wearing anything above her waist (apparently). What's up with that?

Haeleth
2004-08-31, 07:50
This (http://haeleth.net/temp/matsuri.jpg)? Probably just casual nudity such as you might see at any festival in late tenth-century Japan. They knew how to party back then.

Korgath
2004-08-31, 08:42
I see, didn't know that. I was half-expecting it to be either something cultural (which it apparently is) or some weird easter-egg. Thanks for explaining.

zalas
2004-08-31, 09:28
As for the music, it seems like they're just going to use the old tracks (which is perfectly fine by me). Perhaps they'll use some of those "unused tracks" on the Air OST, too.
Well, on the interview, they seemed to put in some random BGM (don't know the source) for each topic, and ending with Tori no Uta for the last topic. Frankly, I thought the other random BGM sounded kinda dull and hope they'll do some sort of beautiful symphonic rendition for the real movie soundtrack.

Weave
2004-08-31, 15:07
that would be AWESOME!

Lia's Prismatic rendition of Tori no Shi is pretty good, shame it probably won't make it in the movie.

JudicatorOmega
2004-08-31, 15:15
Edit: Oops, I forgot to quote the reason for my message.

Perhaps they'll use some of those "unused tracks" on the Air OST, too.

The Air OST is called Ornithopter isn't it? That CD is so freakin' awesome! In Tori No Uta, the extra 3 minutes are even better than the first (wow). Lia totally sings her heart out on the second half of Farewell Song. And the fifth track sounds so awesome, that I have to call it my party song.

You do mean the Ornithopter CD right? There are songs on there that weren't used in the game? What is the prismatic version of Tori No Uta, and where can I hear the sample?

zalas
2004-08-31, 20:27
For some reason, I found prismatic dissapointing from the sample tracks on their official website. It seemed to lack the emotion/feel of her Key Sounds Label songs. :/

Weave
2004-09-01, 00:52
But can you honestly top Tori no Shi?
It's like eating cake before you have supper, it's just not gonna taste as good.
Hikari is pretty good though, IMO.

zalas
2004-09-01, 09:03
Well I liked Tori no Uta, but I didn't like the remixed version they had on Prismatic.

Oh yeah, AIR TV site released some photos of merchandise, and that mystery person on the top left now has her own telephone card. (See the Goods section on the AIR TV site)
http://anime.powerbean.jp/AIR/info/image/telcard.jpg
Guess it is K after all. :)

Weave
2004-09-01, 23:03
I just hope I buy my new computer before all that stuff hits the stores. I'd hate to have a barrel full of merchandise and no computer.......well sorta.

I've used telephone cards before, but never saw the purpose of having characters on them.

AstCd2
2004-09-02, 02:02
The same reason you'd have pictures on anything, I suppose; so mad fanboys will buy them and the stuff they're bundled with.

Incidentally, I remember hearing a story before about a certain picture phonecard that didn't actually fit into phone slots. The firm didn't end up receiving many complaints, though, simply because so few people tried to use them =P

adun50
2004-09-02, 06:12
I just hope I buy my new computer before all that stuff hits the stores.

new computer?? lol, i'm waiting for broadband to be enabled in my area before the TV series is aired, so i have a faster means of downloading the fansubs, compared to the slowness that dial-up brings me.

anyway, i watched the Air Movie Trailer subbed by zalas, great job!!

Stranger
2004-09-02, 07:13
just wandering... when will the DVD come out??? 1 month after the cinema, or more??

zalas
2004-09-02, 11:58
I have no idea. I actually haven't followed any Japanese movie before, so I don't even know the relevant statistics. I just wish that it comes out relatively soon, so I can buy it <.<

Aldareon
2004-09-03, 03:37
i'm waiting for broadband to be enabled in my area before the TV series is aired
If you're waiting for telstra to make your area ADSL/cable ready then you most probably have to wait for eternity. Better luck with unwired's wireless broadband.

I just wish that it comes out relatively soon, so I can buy it <.<
Aww man .. Kanon ain't even licensed here so I highly doubt that Air would be available legally in a subbed DVD anytime soon. Now if only there was a good way to get the anime noticed by the licensing companies ..

zalas
2004-09-03, 06:08
Well, I meant the R2 ^^;

Haeleth
2004-09-03, 06:55
Well, I meant the R2 ^^;
Eh? It's been licensed in Europe?
</deliberate misunderstanding>

zalas
2004-09-03, 16:56
*tsukkomi bap*

Aldareon
2004-09-03, 17:02
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I know you're talking about the Jap release, but I meant that I wouldn't be willing to purchase it because it doesn't have english subs legally coded into it. I find it a pain trying to translate as soon as the sentences are spoken. I'm just too slow ~_~

*tsukkomi bap*
eh?? The misunderstanding continues ^_^

AzureLight
2004-09-04, 03:07
Hae-sama is a boke? @_______@;;;;;;;;;

Haeleth
2004-09-04, 05:47
Oh yes, though more 残念 than 天然. What Minagi fan could take any other role? :p

Aldareon, out of interest, would you be willing to purchase the AIR movie DVD if the fansubbers were to go against all precedent and actually release timed scripts to use with it?
(sound of heavy hints wafting in Zalas' direction)

Aldareon
2004-09-04, 06:33
Hell yeah .. I prefer dvds anytime! Especially if it's original with lots of lovable bonuses. Jap DVDs are usually much more expensive, but I believe it's a worthy investment. Call it a desperate measure if you will ;)

Now all I have to do is find a way to flash my home theatre dvd player's firmware to understand timed scripts ...

Keisuke
2004-09-04, 07:12
Oh yes, though more 残念 than 天然. What Minagi fan could take any other role? :p

LOL...

zalas
2004-09-04, 09:58
Yes, I'll try my best to release timed scripts of the movie, since that's the best way to get fans to purchase DVDs :)

Aldareon
2004-09-04, 17:29
That sounds great! Music to my ears .. or eyes .. hmm ...
Now all I have to do is play the waiting game and hope the dvd comes out not long after the release ^_^

Stranger
2004-09-05, 01:00
sorry people... off topic...

but what the heck is a timed script??!! from Aldareon comment, it seems that it will some how let you watch the RAW DVD while the fansub is shown on the screen at the sametime!!!??? (taking help from the computer as it seems)

Haeleth
2004-09-05, 02:27
You got it. You need a media player that can handle DVDs and scripts, but most of the non-mainstream ones can do that these days. Then you just play the DVD and the program adds subtitles as you go.

Since they encourage people to buy the DVDs instead of copying the entire movie, reduce the amount one has to download by several orders of magnitude, and are therefore less obviously illegal and much more convenient for everyone involved, most fansubbing groups adamantly refuse to release timed scripts. No, it doesn't make any sense to me either. :p

AstCd2
2004-09-05, 02:57
http://shop.frontierworks.jp/detail.asp?merchcd=PCBX-50636

Air Prelude
A limited edition Air TV disc will be coming out 17/11

It'll contain:
- Non-credit opening / ending
- Promotional clip
- Cast interviews
- A program that ran on BS-i about the TV series.

It'll cost 1,980 yen.

It's supposedly limited to 20,000 units, but I'm guessing there are a lot fewer than that up for grabs now. The traffic's been so bad on that preorder site that it's taken me 4 hours just to get the page to load. Anyhow, something affordable for those of us with money burning a hole in our pocket.

Weave
2004-09-05, 07:43
Thanks bro!

if I keep this up I won't be able to eat till the fifteenth though.

So, when is it supposed to be shipping?

zalas
2004-09-05, 13:17
http://shop.frontierworks.jp/detail.asp?merchcd=PCBX-50636

Air Prelude
A limited edition Air TV disc will be coming out 17/11

It'll contain:
- Non-credit opening / ending
- Promotional clip
- Cast interviews
- A program that ran on BS-i about the TV series.

It'll cost 1,980 yen.

It's supposedly limited to 20,000 units, but I'm guessing there are a lot fewer than that up for grabs now. The traffic's been so bad on that preorder site that it's taken me 4 hours just to get the page to load. Anyhow, something affordable for those of us with money burning a hole in our pocket.
Why do they keep cranking out stuff I can't buy directly ~_~; I spent quite a lot of money on that movie disc already -_-;; /me goes to find people to proxy preorder it for him ~_~

Keisuke
2004-09-12, 17:00
You can also pre-order AIR prelude DVD for good price here.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCBX-50636

(orders one right away =P)

2004-09-13, 19:18
EVERYONE LOOK!!!

IT's THE AIR2004 PROMO POSTER!!!

http://kyuukai.net/upload/files/825819650_AIR2004%20POSTER.JPG

zalas
2004-09-13, 19:51
Just got Internet back (sorta)
But yeah, I just had my friend order a copy for me on cdjapan. /me waits with anticipation...
Was that poster thing a scan or just a small pic of it. And would someone who had already gotten it mind mirroring it somewhere?

Stranger
2004-09-13, 22:10
the prober link is http://kyuukai.net/upload/files/1966945176_AIR2004_POSTER.JPG (it's a nice scan, looks like it was on 3 pages, or the person scanning it had to divided into 3 parts to scan it)

any way, will there be a poor man's version of the AIR movie (ie. Those who can NOT download 1.4GB)??!!

Aldareon
2004-09-14, 00:00
1.4Gb? Didn't know that the files could reach that size! But hey .. there's a pic of Potato on the poster!!

Stranger
2004-09-14, 00:42
1.4Gb? Didn't know that the files could reach that size!am not sure, I am just trying to estmate the size of a 90min DVD rip, made by someone who is inlove with the game, and will try to make the quility as high as possible :-)But hey .. there's a pic of Potato on the poster!!I am hungry

any way, some of the raw DVD rips that I've seen lately can reach upto 400MB for 25minutes. So this makes me a bit worried about a 90minutes DVD rip movie.

Haeleth
2004-09-14, 04:39
That poster's for the TV series, not the movie &mdash; hence the presence of Potato and absence of the "SUMMER" characters.

And, ahem, maybe we could not discuss downloading the movie? Even if you're not going to buy the DVD, for whatever reason, please humour me and pretend you are... ^^;

adun50
2004-09-14, 06:32

(orders one right away =P)

damn it, i would place an order for this if i weren't going to an interstate convention (for those in Australia, i'm going to Supanova Brisbane)

Aldareon
2004-09-15, 16:42
That poster's for the TV series, not the movie — hence the presence of Potato and absence of the "SUMMER" characters.
Doh!! And I thought the case was closed .. guess the mystery remains ^_^
CDJapan also has this limited edition KGNE "Hontou no Takaramono" (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMSZ-1761) dvd set. Pretty expensive for two eps.
i'm going to Supanova Brisbane
Heh heh .. I guess you're one of the guys who go to the convention full tank and come out with an empty wallet ;)
Lots of interesting guests this time too, and of somewhat equal status. Not like the sydney convention where all the attention went to Dave Carradine and the others were left without any adoring fans. Have fun there!

adun50
2004-09-15, 19:03
Heh heh .. I guess you're one of the guys who go to the convention full tank and come out with an empty wallet ;)
Lots of interesting guests this time too, and of somewhat equal status. Not like the sydney convention where all the attention went to Dave Carradine and the others were left without any adoring fans. Have fun there!

not really, but this time i am coz Animania 2004 won't have good vendors. and David Carradine was the biggest bastard of the day.

Weave
2004-09-16, 00:12
when it comes to cons, Japan ain't all that. Oh sure, there' the comikets and all, but they don't have that "family" feel that Akon had.
I still plan on going but it doesn't feel the same.
have fun at supernova dude.

OmgWtfLolz V
2004-09-19, 06:04
when it comes to cons, Japan ain't all that. Oh sure, there' the comikets and all, but they don't have that "family" feel...

Indeed. They tend to have that "THAT NAYUKI PILLOW IS MINE GET OUT OF MY WAY OR I'LL STAB YOU INNA FORK YEAAARRGH *FROTH*" feel.

zalas
2004-09-19, 20:50
From http://www.neowing.co.jp/(simple)/detailview.html?KEY=PCBX-50636 , it looks like AIR TV will be using the original BGM from the game. (someone who actually knows Japanese give me a sanity check please -.-)

Korgath
2004-09-19, 23:58
That's right from what I understand.

Soulfang
2004-09-20, 11:15
That's right from what I understand.

Seconded.

Weave
2004-09-21, 02:28
oh welll. At least now they can't mess up the music.

No new music for me..... :(

adun50
2004-09-22, 16:13
well it's good to hear that they will be using the same music, but I am disappointed in that there will be no new music.

oh and I placed my pre-order for Air Prelude DVD. now to wait patiently for 2 months.

Haeleth
2004-10-01, 09:14
An update on air2004.com. You may recall the movie was only going to be showing in two cinemas in Japan (one in Tokyo, one in Osaka)? They've announced four more, in Kawasaki, Nagoya, Hakata, and Sapporo.

Sapporo should be a bit more convenient than Tokyo for you, Weave...

AzureLight
2004-10-02, 06:11
Go to Sapporo, it's home of I've Sound!

Weave
2004-10-03, 05:38
Sapporo should be a bit more convenient than Tokyo for you, Weave...

I have been looking for a good excuse to go to Hokkaido....
but it falls pretty short to my Tokyo trip and I'll be pretty broke by then. Again,when is it gonna play? I'll have to take leave for this one.

I've sound....hmmmmmmmmmm.

Stranger
2004-10-09, 00:55
AIR TV Commercial is out, looks good :)
by the way, is it saying 1st Month of the new year (Jan 2005)?? or am I reading it wrongly???

and whats that bit in the end about the DVD?, will the DVD be out before the airing (no pun intended)???

any way for those who did not download it yet, you will find it at the usely place, submited on the 8th of October.

good luck... and hopfully there will be a sub version soon (or at the very lest info about that the commenter was saying).

AstCd2
2004-10-09, 06:30
Looks very promising. Yukito's exasperated expression is perfect to a T =P. It's also nice to see them include some of the more familiar moments and character traits, in contrast to that 10 minute Air movie preview where they almost felt like different characters.

Finally, it's nice to see it has some new (or at least reworked) scenes featuring more than just Yukito talking. Misuzu and Minagi had all of one scene together in the original game, which I always thought was a pity.

Addenum:
Yes, first month of the new year.

The bit at the end about the DVD is a reference to the Air Prelude DVD (ie. the one you can buy now - discussed above). This particular store (Gekiten) is offering a special limited edition set with the T-shirt and such.

They're not kidding when they say limited edition, either, because there's only 40 of them. They were nowhere to be seen when I checked the site in the ad, so I suppose they must all be sold out.

adun50
2004-10-09, 15:37
argh! i'm so blind i didn't read the release on mirkx and HongFire properly, i thought it was someone re-seeding the Movie promo. anyway i just watched it. looking pretty good so far. also nice to see some familiar footage of certain scenes.

zalas
2004-10-09, 22:32
Geki Ten is a television program on BS-i actually, and it seems to feature seiyuu as well I believe.
http://www.tbsshopping.com/gekiten/
From the looks of it, a shop at home TV show for otaku <.<;;

EDIT: Subtitled version out if you want to figure out what they are saying.

zalas
2004-10-13, 18:23
*bump*
Anyone seen the other AIR TV Prelude commercial? Has Potato running away from Yukito. Such awesomeness >.>;;

Keisuke
2004-10-13, 20:53
Here are some of screen shots for those who have't seen it.
IMO, Characters look THOUSAND TIMES better than a movie version.

http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/air1.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/air2.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/air3.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/air4.jpg

adun50
2004-10-13, 21:52
that's not the puppet is it?? it looks different to the one in the movie trailer. and i agree with Keisuke, MUCH better than the movie so far. but still, the movie can still surprise us

zalas
2004-10-13, 22:24
Some shots from the other commercial:

http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/potatorules.jpeg
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/poorpuppet.jpeg

Haeleth
2004-10-14, 01:45
Would that be Sora? I was wondering how they were going to handle that aspect of the plot...

AstCd2
2004-10-14, 05:06
Would that be Sora? I was wondering how they were going to handle that aspect of the plot...

My guess is that they'll just start telling the story from the beginning of "Air" rather than "Dream" (with a few revisions to include more of Kano and Minagi) and then explain it all with a flashback at 'that' point. Not the most exciting way, perhaps, but probably the most practical.

I'd say all but the most necessary parts of Summer are going to be cut too, given the running time constraints and the conspicuous absence of Kanna and the others from the credits on the TV site.

zalas
2004-10-14, 10:54
Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Need Kanna~~~~~~
*cough*
<.<
>.>

Korgath
2004-10-14, 13:41
Who needs Kanna when you have Hijiri, Michiru and Uraha in a free-for-all battle to the death!

A man can dream.

zalas
2004-10-14, 14:30
Nah, it should be Haruko, Hijiri and Uraha. Goddess reunion :D

Haeleth
2004-10-14, 15:27
*imagines the scene*
*faints*

AzureLight
2004-10-14, 22:12
"Jam", anyone? XD

...oh dearsies.

zalas
2004-10-18, 18:34
Just released a translated version of the interview on the AIR Special Disc. Get it at the usual place.

PS: Hisakawa Aya sounds like one of the Japanese teachers at my undergrad school ~_~

2004-10-18, 19:49
O_o saw the interview DVD

woah misuzu's mom sounds like that!?

Stranger
2004-10-18, 21:00
the usely place is off-line for the last few days :-(

any where else to get the interview from?! (a direct link might be helpful)

zalas
2004-10-18, 21:21
I meant http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/moin.cgi/FansubStatus as the usual place ^^;
If you want, drop by #AIR on irc.chatspike.net and one of the servers can send it to you.

Aldareon
2004-10-22, 02:59
Wow! I didn't expect anybody to actually put the effort into translating anything other than the TV series or the Movie feature. Really appreciate the effort! ^_^

zalas
2004-10-22, 17:10
*stabs ridiculously long run on sentences and slurring* ~_~

zalas
2004-10-29, 08:33
http://anime.powerbean.jp/AIR/special/special9.html
Looks like there's pics of the production of the TV series .
Nice things to note are the backgrounds (the shrine), the coloring shot and Protector Cat Kuro!!

AstCd2
2004-11-12, 04:25
Those of us fortunate enough to get Japanese TV, take heed.
The screening date for Air TV has been set to January 7th (Friday), at 12:30 Midnight on BS-i
(that's at the very beginning of the day, folks).

The rest of us, I'm sure, will be able to see it soon afterward through our usual (completely and undoubtedly legitimate and lawful) channels. Ahem.

(Original announcement here: http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/
Pay no heed to the date; '24:30' is a reference to what should really be the next day.)

adun50
2004-11-16, 05:25
just a reminder that the Air Prelude DVD gets released today! for those who placed a pre-order, hopefully you'll get your copy. This was limited to 10,000 copies wasn't it? Or am I thinking of something else.

zalas
2004-11-16, 12:55
20,000 I believe. neowing (cdjapan's Japanese version) reports that it's still in stock so maybe they warehoused too many copies? ^^;

lostotaku
2004-11-16, 15:54
The rest of us, I'm sure, will be able to see it soon afterward through our usual (completely and undoubtedly legitimate and lawful) channels. Ahem.

Of course, you must be refering to sailing to Japan to watch the first re-runs. My plan exactly!
just a reminder that the Air Prelude DVD gets released today! for those who placed a pre-order, hopefully you'll get your copy. This was limited to 10,000 copies wasn't it? Or am I thinking of something else.
20,000 I believe. neowing (cdjapan's Japanese version) reports that it's still in stock so maybe they warehoused too many copies? ^^;
I'll get it somehow (legally)... even if I have to bite and scratch my way to it. I'm checking to see if any methods of order etc exist but I'm afraid that in actuality I'm simply going to have to wait for the full release on this one (-.-)U ...

zalas
2004-11-16, 17:13
The AIR OP looks beautiful, but the song sounds like they took bits and pieces from each verse haha.

OP:
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/pics/airop1.jpeg
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/pics/airop2.jpeg
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/pics/airop3.jpeg
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/pics/airop8.jpeg

ED:
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/pics/aired2.jpeg
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/pics/aired3.jpeg

Weave
2004-11-17, 06:31
Prelude Review
just got it in the mail

Opening:
Animation=Awesome, truely awesome
Music=mangled, but I'm used to listening to the full version of Tori no Shi.
Potatoe's actually cute in this, surprisingly.

Voices="Gao", that's all I'll say.

I'd write more, but I'm tired and the notes I wrote were mostly about how the seiyuu are cute and sound funny compared to their character. I was just surprised that the character designer was a female. Guess my sterotypes were wrong.

me sleep now. ugh

Keisuke
2004-11-17, 10:33
Really? The store just e-mailed me that they have shipped the DVD to my house just yesterday.

And it's comming all the way from Japan.

=/